Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    This. It's just a PR stunt to distract people and the idiots will fall for it.
    How can it be a PR stunt when the fundraiser was mentioned prior to the bonus being awarded?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #142
    It always cracks me up seeing people so up in arms about how other people spend their money. If Acti-Blizz wants to throw 200 mill at their ceo, that's their business. If they want to donate it to some cause that will theoretically make the world a better place, that's their business. If they just want to buy hookers and blow for a giant sex orgy, that's their business. The fact of the matter is most of you give them money for something they produce. They already take part of that money and contribute millions to various causes, including veterans, dwb, blm, and whatever else which is far more than any of you crybabies have ever contributed to anything. As usual, it's never good enough for you lot because short of them personally handing you a fat stack of cash, you'll never be satisfied. But hey, keep giving them money and complaining about how they spend it.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    It always cracks me up seeing people so up in arms about how other people spend their money. If Acti-Blizz wants to throw 200 mill at their ceo, that's their business. If they want to donate it to some cause that will theoretically make the world a better place, that's their business. If they just want to buy hookers and blow for a giant sex orgy, that's their business. The fact of the matter is most of you give them money for something they produce. They already take part of that money and contribute millions to various causes, including veterans, dwb, blm, and whatever else which is far more than any of you crybabies have ever contributed to anything. As usual, it's never good enough for you lot because short of them personally handing you a fat stack of cash, you'll never be satisfied. But hey, keep giving them money and complaining about how they spend it.
    Dude why isn't my stack fatter though, that's bullshit.
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

  4. #144
    Banned Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    It always cracks me up seeing people so up in arms about how other people spend their money. If Acti-Blizz wants to throw 200 mill at their ceo, that's their business. If they want to donate it to some cause that will theoretically make the world a better place, that's their business. If they just want to buy hookers and blow for a giant sex orgy, that's their business. The fact of the matter is most of you give them money for something they produce. They already take part of that money and contribute millions to various causes, including veterans, dwb, blm, and whatever else which is far more than any of you crybabies have ever contributed to anything. As usual, it's never good enough for you lot because short of them personally handing you a fat stack of cash, you'll never be satisfied. But hey, keep giving them money and complaining about how they spend it.
    You and people like you are why the world is such a shit show.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    You and people like you are why the world is such a shit show.
    And what exactly are you doing to make it better? Outside of bitching on a WoW forum.

  6. #146
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    This. It's just a PR stunt to distract people and the idiots will fall for it.
    pr distraction for what? cause this was announced over a month ago

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    Dude why isn't my stack fatter though, that's bullshit.
    WTF this dude got 10,000 cents, i got only 100$ wtf is this bullshit?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    It always cracks me up seeing people so up in arms about how other people spend their money. If Acti-Blizz wants to throw 200 mill at their ceo, that's their business. If they want to donate it to some cause that will theoretically make the world a better place, that's their business. If they just want to buy hookers and blow for a giant sex orgy, that's their business. The fact of the matter is most of you give them money for something they produce. They already take part of that money and contribute millions to various causes, including veterans, dwb, blm, and whatever else which is far more than any of you crybabies have ever contributed to anything. As usual, it's never good enough for you lot because short of them personally handing you a fat stack of cash, you'll never be satisfied. But hey, keep giving them money and complaining about how they spend it.
    funnily enough it aint even 200 mil, its 200mil worth of stocks for doing a good job he was promised awhile back if he did a good job

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Yea, I know. And I still think Blizz could shoulder that. Or double the million if it gets reached, or something like that. I'm sure they get a tax benefit if they donate to charity.
    Don't get me wrong, it's good that they do this at all and spread awareness for DWB/MSF and it will give that cause a financial boost. But why not commit a bit more if you want to be perceived as a company that cares about charity?
    they do, they donated 1.6 million dollars just last month, but you dont see people here talking about that, cause then people wouldnt be able to complain about blizzard now could they?

  7. #147
    I am Murloc! gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    5,055
    Gladly just paid my $20 to a good cause. DWB is a much needed charity and have 4 friends who have volunteered for them as both medical and nursing staff. Very under funded organization.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akutare View Post
    I don't think that was the best way to get people to donate. I'm not going to donate for a chance of getting a thing, especially since I already have Bananas. I buy the pets anyhow, I just feel slightly better about buying something that goes to charity, but as a poor person I don't have money to spare for donations. I also don't want to be heckled by a bunch of charities forever. Charities are aggressive as hell.
    The fact that in just 9 hours it has already raised $133k and doesn't end for another month (actually a few days more than a month) I'm 100% that they will reach the $1M goal for both to get released.

  8. #148
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,549
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    interesting way to do it. wonder why they changed
    Probably because of people who didn't quite understand the constants of the old system kept claiming Blizzard was scamming or being stingy

    Here is hoping for a million because I want the sloth!
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

    <snip>

    they do, they donated 1.6 million dollars just last month, but you dont see people here talking about that, cause then people wouldnt be able to complain about blizzard now could they?
    And really, can you blame people? I know usually big companies do charity, it's in their own best interest (tax and reputation) and it benefits the charities too. And that's great.
    But why don't they put aside some of their charity money and spend it with an event they are doing? Or ... even better ... put additional money down for that? Like... if we reach 1 million, we give you the sloth pet and double the charity money! They already made their effort better than the last few times by involving the charity directly (so you give the money directly to the cause and not to Blizzard first), which is a good move not only for the charity itself, but also for their reputation (at least I think so), so why don't their PR people advise them to go one step further? Even some fricking streamers put some money onto the pile if they do charity streams and a big company cannot?

    But ok, basically I think the charity stuff is good and the charity they chose is a more than worthy cause for people to spend their money on. I support that Blizzard is doing this.
    Thinking they could do more is just my personal gripe with big money, but I should not elaborate more on that here, because that would be too political, I think. ^^

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    so why don't their PR people advise them to go one step further?
    Because you and others would just move the goal posts to why only 1 million? Why not two million! Why didn't they do X, Y, or Z! Charity is charity and the millions they raise is still better then a lot of companies. They raised about 15 million from 10 warcraft charity sales. 11 and 12 do not have amounts. And 13 is the current one. They also raised 12.7 million from a pink overwatch skin.

    They do a lot other charity as well. That is the problem with "They should do more!". Everyone in the world should donate more to charity. That doesn't mean you undermine or attack every time someone does something.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-03-19 at 04:17 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because you and others would just move the goal posts to why only 1 million? Why not two million! Why didn't they do X, Y, or Z! Charity is charity and the millions they raise is still better then a lot of companies.
    Why only one million is, at least to me, clear: because that's the goal they set for the players to reach and they just double it. And as far as I know all companies put millions in charity, because it saves them taxes.
    As for why I think no million a big company puts into charity is ever enough, I will not elaborate on, as I said above.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Why only one million is, at least to me, clear: because that's the goal they set for the players to reach and they just double it. And as far as I know all companies put millions in charity, because it saves them taxes. As for why I think no million a big company puts into charity is ever enough, I will not elaborate on, as I said above.
    Why not triple the goal? You can't just suddenly stop when your entire argument was they need to do more. Also anyone who is smart about their money uses charity for tax write offs. It doesn't stop that it is still good to donate to a charity. There is a reason why Salvation Army (they have thrift stores to support the charity if unfamiliar) gives people receipts when they donate clothes, furniture, or other items. Everyone can benefit from tax breaks and that is just as much of an incentive as a digital pet, skin, or physical server blade.

    That is why these constant hate and attacks on Blizzard when ever they do something is toxic to the extreme. You even said they need to commit more if they want to be perceived as caring about charity. Millions and Millions raised over the years is not enough. $27 million from digital items. What ever they do will never be enough.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-03-19 at 04:55 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #153
    They're so lazy they opt to give away an old TCG pet for free, which single handedly just made the market for the pet that goes for a couple hundred Ks worthless... awesome. :/

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    They're so lazy they opt to give away an old TCG pet for free, which single handedly just made the market for the pet that goes for a couple hundred Ks worthless... awesome. :/
    Wait. You actually think that is a bad thing?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #155
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Probably because of people who didn't quite understand the constants of the old system kept claiming Blizzard was scamming or being stingy

    Here is hoping for a million because I want the sloth!
    well it's just under 15% of the goal currently

  16. #156
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    They're so lazy they opt to give away an old TCG pet for free, which single handedly just made the market for the pet that goes for a couple hundred Ks worthless... awesome. :/
    good, the TCG was lootbox bullshit and had no place in wow, im glad they gave us the riding turtle for free and now the monkeh

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well it's just under 15% of the goal currently
    I'm surprised it isn't higher but I haven't seen any "well known" streamers make use of the twitch/fan team mode yet.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #158
    Quick, we need good PR!

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Quick, we need good PR!
    Yeah its not like this is something they do every year since 2009 ohh wait it is.

  20. #160
    This is a way better way of raising money for good causes.

    I like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •