Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I never said they do not state how much was raised for the charity. They just never say how much was sold beyond that amount as the pets have stayed in the store past the date purchases have stopped going to the charity. Dottie looks to be the only one they did not say how much was split between the two charities.
    Okay... but i had nothing against getting money after charity time (but i still thik it's kinda lame that it is only like 0,5 year charity event).
    So i have no idea why you keep saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd you failed to do your research yet again. Here is the link you donate through:

https://events.doctorswithoutborders...99&language=en

So tell me, since when is the Blizzard shop on the Doctors WIthout Borders" website? IN fact, if you click on the "Donate" button", you will even see the ability to donate anonymously. At no time are you giving any perssonal information or data out.

You really need to do research because you just keep making yourself look even worse with every post you make.
    Yes... yes... i got that link like 5 times now...
    I admit that i was sure pet this time is bought by ingame shop.
    My bad.

But now... how about replying to the 2nd part of my post that for some reason everyone here keep avoiding?

Donate straight to MSF if you don't want to thgrough blizzard?

Dunno, companies encouraging donations are generally a good thing since a lot of people find it difficult to give without gettuing something in return. Which is why many donations are coupled with pins and such just for a slight token of pride that you contribute to bettering of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    A couple of observations

1. In typical Blizzard fashion, they're 13 months behind schedule.
    2. Why not just take Bobby's unearned $200,000,000 and give that to COVID relief? That capitalist pig isn't rich enough, you need my $10 instead?
    3. What I really want to know is which gaming company came up with the idea of "microtransactions for COVID relief" because that's who Blizzard stole this idea from (like most everything else they introduce, it clearly started somewhere else)
    You do realize this is a Blizzard charity thing and not an AB shareholder decision right? Because Blizzard has no control over what the CEO of AB gets.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    "They didn't fire people, they laid them off" is possibly the dumbest fucking white knight excuse I've ever seen.
    There is a hue difference. If you're fired you don't get unemployment. If you're laid off you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Yes they do actually, if you get banned enough you typically do. This isnt exactly a secret either.
    Not really. I've gotten banned probably over a dozen times at this point. You have to fuck up pretty bad to get perma banned. Just being a troll will never get you permad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    This "donation" program is commendable, but overshadowed by Kotick swimming in ill-gotten money whilst employees are laid off without decent compensation.
    The company's value nearly doubled in the last year. But sure okay "ill gotten"

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    The company's value nearly doubled in the last year. But sure okay "ill gotten"
    Wow there cowboy, the value of any S&P500 company pretty much doubled in the last year.

It is toxic because you are complaining about charity for no good reason. Companies often direct or sponsor charities drives. If you don't need an incentive to donate good for you. It doesn't make it bad that people do need that or that charities use such incentives to fundraise. It is toxic because you dismiss a charity found by a person just to keep your hateful image of him in your head.

People like him? You are just as bad as people like him because you "slam" charitable things for no good reason. lol.
    Mhm, leveling a negative opinion over a dude owning a company who've been very panned for their shitty practices is 'no reason'. Allright. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I've donated to charities already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Donate straight to MSF if you don't want to thgrough blizzard?

Dunno, companies encouraging donations are generally a good thing since a lot of people find it difficult to give without gettuing something in return. Which is why many donations are coupled with pins and such just for a slight token of pride that you contribute to bettering of the world.
    Which is exactly how this drive is working - donations are going direct to MSF. Not via Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yes... yes... i got that link like 5 times now...
    I admit that i was sure pet this time is bought by ingame shop.
    My bad.

But now... how about replying to the 2nd part of my post that for some reason everyone here keep avoiding?
    Because it doesn't matter, especially now that it is a direct donation. You will clearly see on the link provided that the goal will be reached or not. The pet then goes up on the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    Which is exactly how this drive is working - donations are going direct to MSF. Not via Blizz.
    I know but it seems people are outraged because blizzard tries to insentivize it. If that's an issue just donate through any other means?

Mmoc tends to make non issues into a nuclear threat situation.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Glad they put the donation page directly on the charity. Now no one will accuse Blizzard of being greedy and taking some of it for themselves.

My favorite charity.

I dropped 10$ to it. Hopefully we get enough folks donating for at least 1 of the pets.

Because it doesn't matter, especially now that it is a direct donation. You will clearly see on the link provided that the goal will be reached or not. The pet then goes up on the shop.
    I see...
    You don't have an answer...
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-03-19 at 12:13 PM.

I see...
    You don't have an answer...
    I don't need an answer because it does not matter. You are trying to avoid taking the L you very much earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't care about the pets (apathetic to the monkey and I find sloths unsettling) but I'm soooo glad they chose MSF this year instead of shitty Red Cross.
    I know. Its like humble bundle back in the day when they had a charity I actually liked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Hahahaha, imagine paying the CEO a $200m bonus then have the audacity to ask us for money to donate.
    The world will never improve if we don't do a good thing because someone out there is bad. Sorry kid, it just doesn't work that way. You will be miserable if you let others control you. If you have the cash, I suggest you donate to something you believe in and write in the memo of the donation "phuc kodick". If you don't have the chase donate a little time to your community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    big bobby kotick should pull out his checkbook.
    We don't know if Blizzard, or the individual has already donated or not, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    interesting way to do it. wonder why they changed
    I like it.

Gives more transparency for the players. Now you can see that your donation goes directly to the charity instead of going through a middle man - and you still get rewarded depending on what goal you reach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    A couple of observations

1. In typical Blizzard fashion, they're 13 months behind schedule.
    2. Why not just take Bobby's unearned $200,000,000 and give that to COVID relief? That capitalist pig isn't rich enough, you need my $10 instead?
    3. What I really want to know is which gaming company came up with the idea of "microtransactions for COVID relief" because that's who Blizzard stole this idea from (like most everything else they introduce, it clearly started somewhere else)
    Except, there are no microtransactions with this event. You support MSP directly and get a pet later. If you reach a higher goal, you get a secondary pet - everyone gets it if they've donated or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't care about the pets (apathetic to the monkey and I find sloths unsettling) but I'm soooo glad they chose MSF this year instead of shitty Red Cross.
    Was a brilliant choice. And that they've set it up with MSP as an event page instead of through themselves, makes it even greater.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    charities are tax loop holes/deduction for companies. and if they can get us to pay for it on top of that all the better.
    Except that this time, you, the donator can write it off on your tax - not Blizzard. You don't get a tax write-off by telling people to go directly to an organization event and donate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Hahahaha, imagine paying the CEO a $200m bonus then have the audacity to ask us for money to donate.
    Except they asked this before Kotick was up for a bonus.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    How many times do you have to be told that information is not available? No one is avoiding it but you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Mhm, leveling a negative opinion over a dude owning a company who've been very panned for their shitty practices is 'no reason'. Allright. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
    The CEO is not related to this at all. You can talk about his behavior without linking it to the charity. So yes there is no reason to bash this charitable drive.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The CEO is not related to this at all. You can talk about his behavior without linking it to the charity. So yes there is no reason to bash this charitable drive.
    So you didn't understand or ignored the bit where I said I didn't need blizz to point me to a charity. I wasn't bashing the charity itself. At all. I've already donated to charities.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you didn't understand or ignored the bit where I said I didn't need blizz to point me to a charity. I wasn't bashing the charity itself. At all. I've already donated to charities.
    I said you were slamming the charity for no good reason and your response said that your reason was a negative opinion over a dude owning a company who has been panned for their shitty practices. I didn't ignore anything because I responded directly to what you've said. Also I'd like to point out that Mr. Kotick doesn't own the company because he doesn't have a controlling stake. He only owns .56% of the companies stock which is 4.5 million shares. That figure is from January so won't include the recent about 2 million shares he got from his bonus.

Earlier posts even stated you were skeptical about the fundraiser and asked why that was toxic. You literally called the fundraiser attempt "shit" and said Mr. Kotick is rich enough to not have to do a fundraiser like this. Can you at least stand by your comments instead of weaseling out? You've been toxic about this fundraiser from the start.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-03-19 at 04:20 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I don't need an answer because it does not matter. You are trying to avoid taking the L you very much earned.
    'After reaching our charity goal we can take your money without you knowing it' - imagine saying 'it does not matter' to that, lol.

How many times do you have to be told that information is not available? No one is avoiding it but you.
    Actually you are the first with person who 'has balls' to admit that.
    Thanks - that is enough for me.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-03-19 at 04:23 PM.