Billy Mitchell is being sued for over 3 million by Twin Galaxies

I feel this has been so long coming and so justly deserved.

Billy Mitchell the self proclaimed greatest gamer of all time is being sued for fraud and racketeering.
    Billy who thanks to the family hot sauce buisness is quite wealthy and so has been litigious in the extreme anytime someone mentions his name in a vaguely negative light.
    His claims of being the 1st to complete a perfect game of pacman and his footage of his record high scores on donkey kong have proven to be false/doctored along with other contenders to be denied submission/consideration

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, never knew he had records, I just recognize the face from the Regular Show parody.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Huh, never knew he had records, I just recognize the face from the Regular Show parody.

Billy tried to sue that show

Peter Dinklage also played a total homage to Billy in the movie pixels

He is getting what he deserves, the douche.

This is really going places. 30k raised in a couple of days to fund lawsuits against mitchell.

Also youtuber Apollo Legend was threatened with a lawsuit from Billy after featuring a video about his high score cheating. After taking down all his videos and turning them over to mitchell along with paying a substantial settlement he sadly ended his own life.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-vict...ource=customer
    Last edited by minkage; 2021-05-28 at 07:04 PM.

My cousin doesn't know a thing about Donkey Kong but loves this guys hot sauce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Him wearing a stars and stripes tie like that already makes me root for whoever is on the other side of this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    This is really going places. 30k raised in a couple of days to fund lawsuits against mitchell.

Also youtuber Apollo Legend was threatened with a lawsuit from Billy after featuring a video about his high score cheating. After taking down all his videos and turning them over to mitchell along with paying a substantial settlement he sadly ended his own life.
    How did Mitchell prove his case? It makes no sense, there is verifiable proof he was using a mame emu for like 5 of his DK recorded videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    How did Mitchell prove his case? It makes no sense, there is verifiable proof he was using a mame emu for like 5 of his DK recorded videos.
    He doesn't... he strongarm people into submission due to legal costs becoming to high.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Never had any respect for Twin Galaxies, they make their own local rules and proclaim themselves an authority on arcade video game world records. They're not recognised anywhere else in the world at all like Japan where most of the video games of the golden era sprang from.

Billy Mitchell is someone who's obsessed with chasing perfect games on Donkey Kong and Pacman. It's not hard to do you just have to be obsessed.

These cases aren't going anywhere. Some parties have already decided not to pursue after consulting lawyers because it's gonna be impossible to prove real financial losses have occurred from defamation etc. This is all manufactured BS for publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Never had any respect for Twin Galaxies, they make their own local rules and proclaim themselves an authority on arcade video game world records. They're not recognised anywhere else in the world at all like Japan where most of the video games of the golden era sprang from.

Billy Mitchell is someone who's obsessed with chasing perfect games on Donkey Kong and Pacman. It's not hard to do you just have to be obsessed.

These cases aren't going anywhere. Some parties have already decided not to pursue after consulting lawyers because it's gonna be impossible to prove real financial losses have occurred from defamation etc. This is all manufactured BS for publicity.
    I disagree with this as Jace Hall is the one who owns Twin Galaxies now and he has cleaned shop ousting all the old shady guard and unlike previous targets of Mitchell Hall actually has the money and the will to fight this human piece of garbage.

Previous targets of Mitchell have been small fry youtubers who absolutely lacked the funds to fight mitchell.

Also considering these are very real legally filed cases I dont see how this is manufactured in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    He doesn't... he strongarm people into submission due to legal costs becoming to high.
    Ah, gotcha. You know whats sad, I was at FreePlay Arlington TX, when Mitchel came in and did a live Perfect PacMan run where he got to the bugged level kill screen, or some shit like that, and I found myself wondering "why did this guy fake so much when he clearly has the skill to do this weeb shit?".
    Last edited by Beazy; 2021-06-01 at 02:13 PM.

I feel this has been so long coming and so justly deserved.

Billy Mitchell the self proclaimed greatest gamer of all time is being sued for fraud and racketeering.
    Billy who thanks to the family hot sauce buisness is quite wealthy and so has been litigious in the extreme anytime someone mentions his name in a vaguely negative light.
    His claims of being the 1st to complete a perfect game of pacman and his footage of his record high scores on donkey kong have proven to be false/doctored along with other contenders to be denied submission/consideration

Surprised af that Apollo Legend committed suicide.

Ah, gotcha. You know whats sad, I was at FreePlay Arlington TX, when Mitchel came in and did a live Perfect PacMan run where he got to the bugged level kill screen, or some shit like that, and I found myself wondering "why did this guy fake so much when he clearly has the skill to do this weeb shit?".
    Because there is always a bigger weeb, and some people's ego can't take that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Finally getting what he deserves. His ego is the size of the solar system at this point and I cannot wait for someone to bring him down a few pegs. Jace Hall has really done a lot to recover the reputation of Twin Galaxies after years of shady dealings and actually has the capital to take Billy to court.

See, Billy always sues people who don't have the money for the endless legal fees and they always opt to just apologise since they can't take the financial strain. Billy, with his ego being as giant as it is, took this as him having a strong case and is pursuing it all the way to actual court. It will be fun to watch him be dismantled in court and I honestly hope the judge takes the extra step of putting a vexatious litigation charge on him.

As Karl Jobst puts it... high level players don't cheat to get a good score, they cheat to get a good score faster.
    Then you also have the fact that once you start cheating and it gives lots of success it gives incentive to keep the act up, which results in more cheating etc etc... it's a circle. Another thing is that once it gives success I imagine the anxiety or stress to come clean and say you did it becomes greater because of the high regard people have of you.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-06-01 at 02:31 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Basically this. Mitchell relies on the people he sues being unable to keep up with court costs, but Jace Hall gives no fucks so he's probably going to hand Billy another L in court, especially since it's been established (in court, even, IIRC) that Billy used a MAME emulator which disqualified his scores.

Also worth noting that there's some evidence to suggest Apollo's suicide was in part thanks to Mitchell's lawsuit driving him deep into debt, it exacerbated existing mental health issues in addition to his ongoing drama with other content creators.

Billy Mitchell is a case study in why courts need to more stringently punish frivolous lawsuits with heavy fines and prison time, especially when these lawsuits are done with the intent of driving the sued person into debt and otherwise dismantling their lives with debt and court obligations.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Billy tried to sue that show

Peter Dinklage also played a total homage to Billy in the movie pixels
    Billy was also at the premier because Sandler probably took a glance at the retro game scene and saw his name.

All I can think of is... "pathetic".

He didn’t actually sue it was just a threat