Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    If i remember it right, Tidus would have been giving command of some troops under Inquisitorial authority or something similar after they looked for a taint in him.

I think they also talked about a third game where he would have been a chapter master of basically loyal renegades was it? Not entirely shure anymore though.

Good timing that i'm sure isn't a coincidence but they just announced a new starter box for Necromunda. If you like the 40k universe but want something you can play on a small space with a few figures instead of giant armies i really, really recommend this game: https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/statu...95070582034433

Seeing word "Necromunda" first thought was that they have made some addition to the Underhive Wars, which made me worried. An FPS in 40k has been missing for far too long, Space Marine was the last shooter and it was basically a decade ago (damn, time flies).

Not sure about the grapling hook in 40k universe, though. Sure, Necromunda is a loonie house where everything goes, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Seeing word "Necromunda" first thought was that they have made some addition to the Underhive Wars, which made me worried. An FPS in 40k has been missing for far too long, Space Marine was the last shooter and it was basically a decade ago (damn, time flies).

Not sure about the grapling hook in 40k universe, though. Sure, Necromunda is a loonie house where everything goes, but still...
    I mean.. I'd consider spacehulk deathwing a fps and it released in 2016, still kinda true though the lack of 40k action games is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I mean.. I'd consider spacehulk deathwing a fps and it released in 2016, still kinda true though the lack of 40k action games is confusing.
    I kinda forgot about it... My bad. But yeah, what do we have, Fire Warrior (lol), Space Marine (YESSS) and Deathwing (OK, all things considered) and that's it, over decades (Space Hulk from 1993 does not really count, I think). Oh, sorry, Battle Sister VR game (another lol from what I have seen), about which nobody knows.

At least we will have Darktide now (though it is Vermintide/L4D in space) and now this. Progress, I suppose.

Darktide is probably my most anticipated game but this looks really good cant wait.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Disappointed it isn't 3rd person, the 40k universe cries out for transitioning between shooting and melee and 1st person close-combat always seems clunky to me.
    I would suggest that Shadow Warrior proves you wrong. But most developers butcher WH40K games, so it's sort of a moot point.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-04-23 at 11:06 AM.

I hate to say it, but... Cyberpunk 40k (a bit). Not that it is a bad thing.

Mad graphics,. doubt ill be able to even run it XD

Alright, looks like the ammo boxes are way less ridiculous now and the guns do not take half of the screen anymore. They have been doing some listening, which is good.
    It was really bad in the individual weapon trailers - way too big iron sights, ammo boxes doing arcady stuff by flying to you, really generic sound effects, etc.

I feel like when I play I am going to have the same problem as I do with Fallout or any Game with Dogs. I just cant bring myself to take Dogmeat along. Cant stand watching Dogs get hurt in Movies,Games.

Going to have to protect the Cyber-Mastiff and be scared of using him,her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    I feel like when I play I am going to have the same problem as I do with Fallout or any Game with Dogs. I just cant bring myself to take Dogmeat along. Cant stand watching Dogs get hurt in Movies,Games.

Going to have to protect the Cyber-Mastiff and be scared of using him,her.
    I guess the best way to protect it is to let him rip and tear through anyone who wanted to harm him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Disappointed it isn't 3rd person, the 40k universe cries out for transitioning between shooting and melee and 1st person close-combat always seems clunky to me.
    Meele in first person works, its just harder to do. Theres a good example - chivalry. Really recommend trying it if you never have.

I think this absolutely could be a lot of fun, but they have still not removed the Critical Hit and other huge popups on the screen + the ammo boxes are still over the top. Those things are distracting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the mention of things like TAKEDOWN, CRITICAL HIT to be quite out of place in a game that is heavily set on bringing a certain setting to life. Needs to be some sort of other notification either visual or audio. so fully agree with @Easo it subtracts from the gaming experience.

Seems i am not the only one in this, in my opinion the developer has to decide what it wants to be an arcade shooter or an immersive story based FPS. You can't really be both. Doom eternal does it way better and does have a mixture of both so i might be wrong.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

A game displaying that you got a critical is not inherently bad but a screen centered block of plain white text quickly fading in and out is probably the worst implementation of it I've seen. It feels like it and all the other visual things should be something that is toggable in options though.

Some actual, presumable leaked from a review copy gameplay, terrible quality and in french though but afaik it's the only continuous gameplay footage longer then the 2-4 sec snippets in the trailers available. The game seems to have some serious fps drops on occasion and the music doesn't feel very 40k, otherwise I guess it doesn't look terrible but not great either.