Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post

"No fucking cheating potions"

This is one of my favourites. I guess the guy likes to top dps meters but he is broke as fuck....I can't not find a single other reason about someone not wanting other people to use consumables. Or maybe he was refering to invis pots and skips... I don't really know what a "cheating potion" is but I would like to buy some.
    this is actually pretty valid as plenty of people try to trick those "checking " addons by using Legion flasks/ pots and cheap SL food which are extremly cheap compared to SL ones and works wonders when RL is not checking stuff manualy only uses addon (a bit worse when he then read logs and whines about people using cheap stuff )

i know i do - only use SL ones on like denathrous hc progress with my guild. on farm i use cheap stuff too. and definetly use 100% cheap stuff in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I use "Big Dicks, Big Clits". Rings a little bit better imo.
    I’ve always considered using “big dick pumpers only” - because then you’re really asking for people who give handjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    the ones that kill me are "dont care about the time" "just trying to finish"

actually i love those because i know what groups to avoid
    and what wrong with these, are you against people just wanting their key for weekly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Groups with "weekly" and/or "no leavers" are usually red flags lmao.
    how so? do explain?

I generally avoid those groups asking for "big pumpers" and the like, it feels to me like the over emphasise on high damage or whatever is trying to compensate for something the group creator is lacking in. If at all possible I don't want to be carrying some randoms undergeared alt.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    and what wrong with these, are you against people just wanting their key for weekly?

- - - Updated - - -

how so? do explain?
    It's some real micro brain stuff from people who view the pragmatism of not wanting to waste a vault run because of the slim chance something unexpected happened as a sort of weakness and expectation of failure.

I don't think I've ever even seen a key depleted in a "weekly" group since they're usually experienced players comfortably farming levels they progressed on weeks ago.

If you're just trying to fill the vault then really the last place you want to be is stuck in a push 15 group with someone desperately trying to complete their keystone mater in their 5th attempt of the day and making the most absurd mistakes from the pressure they're putting themselves under.
    Last edited by Aurora; 2021-03-22 at 01:31 PM.

I once saw one for a +10, can't remember which dungeon, which said something like "no Havoc DHs, what makes you think you can run this key". "Big dick" and "Pumpers" seem to be the most common. I know the word cringe is very overused these days, but I quite literally cringe when scrolling through those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

how so? do explain?
    Not him, but when I see these groups I assume they aren't confident in timing it. If it was for a key level I didn't have yet, I didn't wanna waste my time doing it if it wldnt increase my rio. Now tho, id rather just join a push group so I know they care about doing it faster and no chance they are looking to be carried

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    When I'm looking for stupidity, it's always fun to see what people write in group finder:

"No bads" - does anyone anywhere say, "Oh crap, I'm bad, guess I can't join!"
    "Checking io" - who cares... so you're checking io? Not like it's gonna change anything
    "Big dicks only" - why do you care about my dick size, what are we actually gonna be doing in here?
    "Pumpers" - not as bad as the others, it's just the new word people use. Same thing though, does anyone say, "Damn it I'm not a pumper!"
    Frankly it has just made me ignore the messages and just list for any grp of a desired level and dungeon.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

As a funny side effect, our raid leader started asking for big gender neutral dps every now and then starting in eternal palace.

I apply to groups that do things I have on my bucket list, getting declined doesn't matter, it will happen anyways. I do get my paladin into shaman only or mage only groups quite a lot by means of gear, io and desperate group leaders.

You know what titles upset me the most? When it just says "15". When you have to apply to so many to get into group, and you read chat and it says "your application to 15 has been declined/expired". It would be nice if there was some sort of descriptor like "15 ToP" so I know which group that was so I don't waste 1 of my 5 applications reapplying to that group.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You know what titles upset me the most? When it just says "15". When you have to apply to so many to get into group, and you read chat and it says "your application to 15 has been declined/expired". It would be nice if there was some sort of descriptor like "15 ToP" so I know which group that was so I don't waste 1 of my 5 applications reapplying to that group.
    Hmm, it might be one of my addons, but when I get declined from a group, the group shows up red in the list, so I know not to reapply. Of course that doesn't work when people just de-list and re-list their group every 10 seconds, or just ignore the application (which I totally understand, for various reasons)

Some other messages I’ve put:

“Penis size irrelevant”
    “LF bad players”

People still apply.

people reading too deeply into what someone writes in a group finder

i used to put "dun b bad" in desc and bad players would still apply

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Hmm, it might be one of my addons, but when I get declined from a group, the group shows up red in the list, so I know not to reapply. Of course that doesn't work when people just de-list and re-list their group every 10 seconds, or just ignore the application (which I totally understand, for various reasons)
    Mine does that but if it happens right before I refresh, I miss it.

The best line I ever saw was 'taking any old trash, link Deadmines achievement or something'.

Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    Chillen in Shal'Aran, under the Mana Tree
    You mean people who spend their own money for something want to try to make sure that money is well spent? Oh the horror!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smallfruitbat View Post
    The best line I ever saw was 'taking any old trash, link Deadmines achievement or something'.
    When people say “link something” I always link the “Going down?” achievement.

I got whispered once after applying to a ‘don’t be bad’ group: “got invis potion?” I responded with “no need, I’m a mage” and he replied with, “ok bye, cheapskate”.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    "Premade Groups Filter" does this, very helpful addon.

Btw, I have another red flag: after invite I always type some greeting or at least "hi" into chat and immediately go to the dungeon. If I arrive there and noone bothered to greet me back I leave group (of course before the key starts). I don't expect to share our life stories but I found in groups where noone can be bothered to even type 2 letters I never had fun. The other day I wanted to tank a +2 SD on a fresh alt and went against this rule thinking it's +2 what can possibly go wrong. Dudes started pulling right from the start, didn't buff, no reaction after asking twice, pulled even more shit... yeah I left after first boss. Life's too short to tank for silent strangers not playing the basics of dungeoneering.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    "Premade Groups Filter" does this, very helpful addon.
    Yea that could be it, I'm using that addon

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I always assume chill groups are full of inexperienced players that won't make timer and don't know mechanics yet. Which is fine but not the groups for me. Don't see them at all once you get past the lower levels.
    In my experience -- I often pick these when I'm on an alt where I just want to finish for the vault slot -- they're usually on alts also. I've never actually had one where someone didn't know mechanics, although I'm looking for them in the 10-12 range. It might be worse on really baby keys. I had one last week where some really good players on mains were bringing their friend who knew the mechanics but was just... not very good at anything. I assume they didn't want him yelled at, hence the title. But they were insane DPS and we still two chested despite his friend dying every other pull. Overall, I've had a few where we didn't time, but it was usually close. A lot of them we've timed.

It's just a nice way when you only care about valor or the vault slot to get people on a similar page so you don't waste 30 minutes only to have the run fall apart when the tank rage quits after a wipe on the third boss.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |