Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Last two expansions the .1 patches came out in approx 4 months or less, SL 9.1 patch will have been 7 to 9 months !!! That's insane and will lose a ton of players. Plus Shadowlands just being a hollow empty generic expansion to begin, with, there's nothing to do after you reach level 60, 9/9 Campaign, and gear up.
    .1 patch did not bring anything new in the last expansion, they just unlocked the actual raid, same in legion. Raids were locked so people would not rush in. Now it was unlocked from the get go and I think it was a mistake. They should have opened the raid in january.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I'd say early June. Predictions for August seem hyperbolic, but then again Blizzard's track record with delivery of late hasn't been very good.
    If we apply the 8-10 weeks of PTS, early June is only possible if the PTR drops tomorrow and we just have a rather short 8 week PTS. That would make 9.1 launch on June 1st.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

June is optimistic considering covid and its more likley July at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If we apply the 8-10 weeks of PTS, early June is only possible if the PTR drops tomorrow and we just have a rather short 8 week PTS. That would make 9.1 launch on June 1st.
    That's the question though isn't it? Normally summer patches have around 70 days on the PTR. But will the testing also be slower? I mean they tested a non-content system patch for an entire month and it still came out riddled with bugs. I know such a thing is not possible to guess, but I wouldn't rule out a 3 month PTR.

I stick with my early June prediction.

Roughly 6 months from S1 beginning, as usual.

PTR will be opened shortly after Easter.

We get WoW news, but it’s for TBC. Even if Classic and Retail are separate teams, they’re at least working together or communicating and I am pretty sure they try to not intertwine their release schedules too much.

The focus of the first half of 2021 is TBC. The focus of the second half most likely is retail. This coincides with the TBC pre patch in May and a likely release in June, whereas 9.1 comes in July (or later).
    I have no idea why they'd want to work on TBC anyway, especially since SL's the supposed big talk rn...

- - - Updated - - -

I get catering to Nostalgia, but ruining your own current game to satisfy the needs of people that are trapped in the past is not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    .1 patch did not bring anything new in the last expansion, they just unlocked the actual raid, same in legion. Raids were locked so people would not rush in. Now it was unlocked from the get go and I think it was a mistake. They should have opened the raid in january.
    Well i think me and my whole guild would have just sit around for all of december with nothing to do...
    so you shifted the downtime from inbetween patches to the start of the expansion... which is even worse imho

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    June is optimistic considering covid and its more likley July at the earliest.
    They said COVID didn't stop them, so I'm not using that shit as an excuse. It's just them not knowing wtf is going on. Doesn't help people are getting fired or are just leaving left and right.

Unless 9.1 has some crazy fucking shit going on, like fully rendered cinematics, or very big reveals popping in, then this is just Blizzard being an extremely poor and stupid company rn.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    They said COVID didn't stop them, so I'm not using that shit as an excuse. It's just them not knowing wtf is going on. Doesn't help people are getting fired or are just leaving left and right.

Unless 9.1 has some crazy fucking shit going on, like fully rendered cinematics, or very big reveals popping in, then this is just Blizzard being an extremely poor and stupid company rn.
    The big reveal would be the actual motivation of the Jailer.

- - - Updated - - -

I get catering to Nostalgia, but ruining your own current game to satisfy the needs of people that are trapped in the past is not a good idea.
    Don't kid yourself. All of their players are trapped in the past.

If you mean we're all playing a very old game anyway, yeah, high-five, good one.

But if you're talking about enjoying Classic, no, I have zero interest in playing Classic, vanilla or TBC.

Seeing as how Blizzard insiders are afraid it's not coming out soon then I'd say fall at the earliest maybe even winter

I have no idea why they'd want to work on TBC anyway, especially since SL's the supposed big talk rn...

- - - Updated - - -

If the people "trapped in the past" provide more $$$ than the "modern" folks, Blizzard will surely throw the latter under the bus. Money talks, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic is incredibly successful. Classic brought back a ton of players and so will TBC. I think it’s pretty clever to focus on both. That retail is having major issues when it comes to player retention shouldn’t be blamed on Classic, it’s the mismanagement and wrong direction retail is taking since BfA why people are leaving in droves and are starved for better content overall (in my opinion).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If the people "trapped in the past" provide more $$$ than the "modern" folks, Blizzard will surely throw the latter under the bus. Money talks, after all.
    Except most people that played Classic either quit or moved on after like 2 months of playing, and only returned for a raid, or an event then dipped. Sure, there were people that stayed, but still. TBC Classic's success will not nearly be as big as Classic's.

- - - Updated - - -

Classic is incredibly successful. Classic brought back a ton of players and so will TBC. I think it’s pretty clever to focus on both. That retail is having major issues when it comes to player retention shouldn’t be blamed on Classic, it’s the mismanagement and wrong direction retail is taking since BfA why people are leaving in droves and are starved for better content overall (in my opinion).
    The thing is that SL is much different than BFA, but it's also on the opposite end of what's wrong with WoW, so we got 2 sides of a very shitty coin. Also, sure Classic and TBC will bring a lot of people back, but they still need a retail subscription to play (I think, yeah?), so why not focus on the main fucking game? TBC and Classic are hype shit, yes. But that only keeps people in for a short amount of time. The main game should be the main concern here.

Who knows? Maybe it'll be bigger. I don't care because I have no interest in playing it. It's like Hearthstone and their MOBA (can't even remember its name!), I don't care about those games.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who enjoy both classic and live WoW. I'm sure classic brought back players to live too. I'm just not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you mean we're all playing a very old game anyway, yeah, high-five, good one.

But if you're talking about enjoying Classic, no, I have zero interest in playing Classic, vanilla or TBC.
    It's not just about being old. The way the game works, is old. The most restrictive trial edition, no housing beside Garrisons, unintuitive profession system, no action combat, bags for inventory space, no console version, no solo option for dungeons if you are stuck in the queue.

Granted you could argue this isn't a problem since WoW is still a money printing machine, but modern MMOs tend to attempt to move away from these things. Oh and put a lot more focus on and effort in, storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    The big reveal would be the actual motivation of the Jailer.
    You can't have motivations if you don't have a personality first, something our Blue Man is sorely lacking atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You can't have motivations if you don't have a personality first, something our Blue Man is sorely lacking atm.
    Are villains not allowed to just be evil?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    They are actively firing people, not hiring or giving overtime. If anything, they are more focused on TBC classic, because thats what will truly spike sub numbers in a way 9.1 could only dream off.

Personally, i'm very cool with an sep/oct release because a summer raid? Even in corona times thats a stretch, i dont wanna sit inside when its 25-30c and sun outside.
    Now? Its winter and minus celsius outside and I have about 8 hours of sunlight per day, couldn't be better time to release the raid right now for me... but shit is what it is :/
    They are hiring people and over watch exports layoffs do nothing to effect wow.

If anything, the problem with many of WoW's villains comes from the fact that not alot of them are just evil? They have "motivations" or "goals", or they're "MISUNDERSTOOD HURR" like...no.

I WANT AN EVIL ASS MOTHER FUCKER!