Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I didn't really support anything you said. If anything, I'm saying Blizzard's likely going to handle SL longer because of the fucked scheduling. Kinda doesn't help that rushing the biggest cosmic threat atm to 2 patches just seems dumb.

Listen, I just want my Gardens of Life. If the Heart of the Forest, that Dreadlord shit, etc is apparently big in the Jailer plotline, and IF the Eternal Ones lose to Zovaal this patch, we kinda have to go there for extra aid. We also don't know how we could cleanse Anduin from his domination magics. AND, ONTOP OF ALL THAT...

I want a patch that deviates from all the death n shit. This expac ain't JUST about Death. The same way Legion wasn't just about Disorder.
    And I gave you reasons why extending Shadowlands makes financially no sense and asked how you would pitch this idea to the upper management of Blizzard.

I‘m not saying it’s a bad thing to have Gardens of Life etc. You sold me on that idea already. But that wasn’t my point, my point was money. And extending Shadowlands with 9.3 and delaying the release of 10.0 is bringing in less money than skipping 9.3 entirely and having 10.0 on time or maybe even sooner (big money on time / sooner = win).

P.S.: the Jailer is the biggest cosmic threat? With his awful story development as of now I even find Xavius more menacing, he at least brainwashed Ysera. The Jailer hasn’t done anything impressive yet, most of it was done by Sylvanas (unless you count making the Primus lose his memories) - up to now he just plotted and even Gul‘dan did that better than Zovaal.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And I gave you reasons why extending Shadowlands makes financially no sense and asked how you would pitch this idea to the upper management of Blizzard.

I‘m not saying it’s a bad thing to have Gardens of Life etc. You sold me on that idea already. But that wasn’t my point, my point was money. And extending Shadowlands with 9.3 and delaying the release of 10.0 is bringing in less money than skipping 9.3 entirely and having 10.0 on time or maybe even sooner (big money on time / sooner = win).

P.S.: the Jailer is the biggest cosmic threat? With his awful story development as of now I even find Xavius more menacing, he at least brainwashed Ysera. The Jailer hasn’t done anything impressive yet, most of it was done by Sylvanas (unless you count making the Primus lose his memories) - up to now he just plotted and even Gul‘dan did that better than Zovaal.
    Yeah, he's definitely the biggest Cosmic threat, especially since the Void Lords and N'Zoth are on his ass. They call him "The enemy of all", etc. Hell, he's essentially the reason Sargeras started his crusade to begin with.

But yeah, I heard your ideas. I am not saying they're wrong or anything, but I doubt Blizzard should finish another expansion randomly VIA deadlines. 2 content patches would piss a lot of fans off and arguably make them not want to play 10.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, I'd say finishing SL randomly to get 10.0 in would make the money issue WORSE, BECAUSE people would lose interest in playing due to SL's story just...ending rather quickly.

If they want to make the Jailer threatening, we seriously need like 3 content patches showcasing his power. I want Life AND Death to struggle against him during our final battle with him.

Yeah, he's definitely the biggest Cosmic threat, especially since the Void Lords and N'Zoth are on his ass. They call him "The enemy of all", etc. Hell, he's essentially the reason Sargeras started his crusade to begin with.

But yeah, I heard your ideas. I am not saying they're wrong or anything, but I doubt Blizzard should finish another expansion randomly VIA deadlines. 2 content patches would piss a lot of fans off and arguably make them not want to play 10.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, I'd say finishing SL randomly to get 10.0 in would make the money issue WORSE, BECAUSE people would lose interest in playing due to SL's story just...ending rather quickly.

If they want to make the Jailer threatening, we seriously need like 3 content patches showcasing his power. I want Life AND Death to struggle against him during our final battle with him.
    Okay, then Blizzard‘s horrible writing is to blame that he’s not menacing at all - but that’s not really surprising after the last years of failed Warcraft lore.

Why can’t the Jailer be part of the next expansion though? I mean biggest cosmic threat and then he exists only for one expansion? Man, that sounds lame. At least N’zoth was heavily hinted since Cataclysm, although his ending was laughable. But still, he was a threat for a decade.

Okay, then Blizzard‘s horrible writing is to blame that he’s not menacing at all - but that’s not really surprising after the last years of failed Warcraft lore.

Why can’t the Jailer be part of the next expansion though? I mean biggest cosmic threat and then he exists only for one expansion? Man, that sounds lame. At least N’zoth was heavily hinted since Cataclysm, although his ending was laughable. But still, he was a threat for a decade.
    He COULD be 10.0, but lots of things are implying that 10.0 is likely going to be about the Light, and most likely Shadow. Besides, we're gonna see Zovaal actually start his threatening shit once 9.1 occurs anyway. Blizzard did say the Shadowlands will never be the same after the SoD raid.

Why do you ask this question here? You can't get an answer here, only opinions.

That’s all right. What wasn’t a reason for WoD‘s problems is that it was meant to be and developed as a 1-year expansion.
    Except it explicitly was and utterly failed at it, which is why they completely ditched the concept afterwards as well, when they had been talking regularly about wanting to do 1 year expansions beforehand.
    WoD didn't end with 9.2 because they aborted it, either; they never had planned and scheduled more than two patches in the first place and aborted all the content because they couldn't fit it into that schedule.

All of this was blatantly obvious during the WoD-Legion era. WoD was a major failure of proper project planning and overestimating their own capabilities.

I think you meant to say 6.2.

5+ Year Old Account
    Jailer hasn’t done anything impressive yet, most of it was done by Sylvanas (unless you count making the Primus lose his memories) - up to now he just plotted and even Gul‘dan did that better than Zovaal.
    Hey, don't be unfair to the poor Blue Man, he was supposedly behind the crafting of Frostmourne, and all the associated Scourge/LK business. Too bad that there were never any hints whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hey, don't be unfair to the poor Blue Man, he was supposedly behind the crafting of Frostmourne, and all the associated Scourge/LK business. Too bad that there were never any hints whatsoever
    Yeah, all of this storyline is just silly and utter bullshit in my opinion. It’s a gigantic asspull just to make him somehow intimidating, but storytelling doesn’t work this way. That’s why he’s such a joke as of now, how can anyone take him serious.

Yeah, all of this storyline is just silly and utter bullshit in my opinion. It’s a gigantic asspull just to make him somehow intimidating, but storytelling doesn’t work this way. That’s why he’s such a joke as of now, how can anyone take him serious.
    Which is why I want the Jailer to fucking annihilate us at the end of the SoD raid.

5+ Year Old Account
    Which is why I want the Jailer to fucking annihilate us at the end of the SoD raid.
    May the Eternal Sun hear you, brother. It's time for the PC to lose, and utterly, crushingly so. At least for non-NE PCs, anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    May the Eternal Sun hear you, brother. It's time for the PC to lose, and utterly, crushingly so. At least for non-NE PCs, anyway...
    That's actually what I think is gonna happen.

My assumption for 9.1: The Covenant Zones are invaded, and the players have to defend each of them. In Ardenweald, we protect the Heart of the Forest. In Revendreth, we stop the Mawsworn from claiming Denathrius. In Bastion, we finish the Uther stuff...kinda. And in Maldraxxus, we defeat Vyraz and we defend the Sepulcher of Knowledge which houses the Key to the Primus. Drakka takes the key, and the Covenant armies unite.

We invade the Maw, we set up a base, we go to Korthia, we learn more about the Dreadlords, we learn more about the First Ones, we realize the Jailer's plans, etc. We do the Broker shit, and we either beat down Ven'ari, or she acts nicer to us.

Then, we invade the Sanctum of Domination, we beat the Tarragrue, we fight Helya and Mal'ganis, we beat the Eye of the Jailer, we find the Primus (AKA the Runecarver), and we beat down Sylvanas with Tyrande and co. Jaina sees Anduin, Nathanos gets fucked, etc. However, before we get to kill Sylvanas, the Jailer pops in at the last second, Draka fuckin dies (Or incapacitated), the key to the Primus is now the Jailers, and with the key at hand + the Revendreth amps, he beats us all up in either Cinematic form, or as the true "final boss" of the Raid, AKA Halls of Reflection style where we have to run tf out of the raid, and while we run, you see the Covenant armies getting fucked from the Jailer's power while he's simply WALKING!

Then, post raid, the Maw is now visible in the Covenant Skyboxes, and at Oribos, the Maw's become so big that it covers most of the Oribos skybox in Black and Red.

Then, 9.2 occurs and we go to the Gardens of Life and shit like that.

Ok so ptr opens in 2 weeks and comparatively the 8.2 patch is the closest one in terms of content being added

It launched mid April on the ptr and went live at the end of June

So early July is my latest expectation

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    Bro if given the choice between "being employed in the middle of a record economic low and pandemic" and getting 3 months of pay (no indication of how much this actually is for most of them), "health benefits" (no idea what this covers or for how many of them, they might be giving them the option to sell their kidneys to pay for COBRA and calling it "health benefits" lol) and a 200 dollar gift card, I'd bet most people would prefer the former.
    Duh. We all would.

Fact of the matter is, Blizz did what they did because those areas are not really necessary right now/who knows when/if they'll be back.

3 months of their salary is 3 months of whatever salary they agreed to when they were hired, soooo... arguably good enough if they weren't raising hell for more money. And they also said "at least" 90 days.
    So maybe Blizzard will go above and beyond.

As far as the health benefits goes, I have a crazy feeling they aren't stooping down to COBRA-levels of BS, but what do I know?

Fact of the matter is, what they specialize in/did for Blizzard is no longer necessary and they'd be sitting on their butts, twiddling their thumbs, I daresay. Maybe some of them will find their newfound paid-free time to learn a new skill that can get them into a related but more in-demand field.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I didn't really support anything you said. If anything, I'm saying Blizzard's likely going to handle SL longer because of the fucked scheduling. Kinda doesn't help that rushing the biggest cosmic threat atm to 2 patches just seems dumb.
    We are already killing Sylvanas in patch 9.1. That means the Jailer will be 9.2. Blizzard can easily end the Shadowlands story there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard disagree. Nobody wanted to see BFA get extended, and Shadowlands is in the same boat. You significantly overestimate how many people care about Blizzard’s half-asse lore. The fact of the matter is people are fed up with covenants, Torghast, the maw, and loot. Historically they haven’t fixed their crappy systems until the very last patch. Next expac sooner please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    We are already killing Sylvanas in patch 9.1. That means the Jailer will be 9.2. Blizzard can easily end the Shadowlands story there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard disagree. Nobody wanted to see BFA get extended, and Shadowlands is in the same boat. You significantly overestimate how many people care about Blizzard’s half-asse lore. The fact of the matter is people are fed up with covenants, Torghast, the maw, and loot. Historically they haven’t fixed their crappy systems until the very last patch. Next expac sooner please.
    Or do a mid gap patch. It does feel strange storming the Maw already in 9.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Or do a mid gap patch. It does feel strange storming the Maw already in 9.1
    It doesn’t feel strange if Shadowlands ends with 9.2(.5) and we‘re finishing the Jailer in the next patch. 9.1 is akin to 7.2 in my opinion, where we’re setting the stake for the final battle of the expansion.

9.1 with the raid on the Maw only feels strange if 9.2 is a filler raid (something Drust related for example) and we only face the Jailer in 9.3 - but this seems very unlikely at this point.

It doesn’t feel strange if Shadowlands ends with 9.2(.5) and we‘re finishing the Jailer in the next patch. 9.1 is akin to 7.2 in my opinion, where we’re setting the stake for the final battle of the expansion.

9.1 with the raid on the Maw only feels strange if 9.2 is a filler raid (something Drust related for example) and we only face the Jailer in 9.3 - but this seems very unlikely at this point.
    Yeah sure but I think everyone was expecting more than a WoD cycle this time around....
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    We don't know if we are killing her or not. We only know that we are fighting her. Something tells me she does not get killed here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Lackluster development, lazy work effort, the fact they were developing other games at the same time (Diablo 3 reaper of souls/starcraft 2 legacy of the void and overwatch).
    ANd you know that how? Were you there?

The game got panic launched because ESO was about to hit launch and activision wanted WoD out just around the same time ESO was comming out, its why alotta folks had nightmare convos about WoD being rushed like Cataclysm was.
    ANd you know that how? Were you there?

And it was, because they ultimatley cancelled 2/3rds of the content they promised to release, plus the game was also having a content drought of over a year of Siege of Orgrimmar and REALLY needed a patch 5.5 instead of Warcrimes, infact, it was even speculated 5.5 was meant to be the Warcrimes Novel serving as a transictionary patch but it never got released.
    Blizzard did not in any way promise anything.

Blizzard got mega lazy with WoD and it showed.
    ANd you know that how? Were you there.

You made nothing but accusations based on absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    We don't know if we are killing her or not. We only know that we are fighting her. Something tells me she does not get killed here.
    So another Azshara? This basically would be the worst outcome. If she survives, what‘s next? She helps us and redeems herself? She betrays the Jailer? All of this sounds horrible.