Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    july at the earliest, it's not looking good, they'll prolly even drop 9.3 at this point

  2. #42
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It's literally been all over the place.

    E-sports/live events which is basically marketing.

    https://screenrant.com/blizzard-fire...et-gift-cards/

    3 months of pay.
    1 year of continued full health benefits, not cheap for any company, especially for 190 employees.
    And the laughable $200 gift card of Blizzard balance. (I personally think they should just give these employees free copies of games over the next 3 years or something like this. $200 is too paltry, even with the other benefits, it just feels weird, it costs them nothing to give out some Blizz balance, it also costs them nothing to let these employees have free copies of whatever games they want to play.)
    I found this. https://www.wowhead.com/news/activis...merican-321466

  3. #43
    Anytime between Soon and When It's Done.

  4. #44
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    anyways back on top if korthia is mechagon/nazjatar sized which based on the delay it might be, they might be making this their equiv of nazjatar and go straight into the last patch after that..which will frankly dissapoint me, since they are on the 2 year xpac time frame they could be behind..dont want this xpac to be incomplete like wod i actuallly like it alot, but minority opinion i guess
    WoD was the last good expansion. Sure it was half an expansion but at least it was good. The past 3 have been full on shit shows.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    2,824
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I personally don’t even think June is realistic and by the time July/August comes out, it’ll be too late to save the sinking ship of SL

    Blizz should have at least had a mini raid and zone like mechagon in 9.0.5 if they weren’t gonna be ready for 9.1 til late summer.

    My mythic guild has been raiding together since vanilla and I’ve never seen an expac fall off as fast as SL. Even wod and bfa held our raiders together the entire expac, but we may not make it to 9.1 if it’s still 2-4 months off
    It is definitely at least 2 months off. I mean that is the absolute minimum for a patch of this size. And if they don't want daily hotfixes for well over a week after release they don't want the minimum.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Othraerir View Post
    july at the earliest, it's not looking good, they'll prolly even drop 9.3 at this point
    I'd say 9.3 dropping is the sane course of action at this point. There are just not enough months left to squeeze in another raid tier after 9.2

  6. #46
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This is weird. So we will play the same content for 7-8 months?! They used to reset the season every 3-4 months or so.
    "We will play the same content for 7-8 months" is as old as the game. Maybe they "reset the season every 3-4 months or so" occasionally...but seeing that we had complains about content draughts for patches that lasted up to 14 months - there is no "they used to".

    Also...something..something patch 9.05 ...and something...something it not having "content".

    Somebody needs to make the obligatory list where we were with patches at point x in x-pac y.

    Well...at least we get flying in 9.1 and not like in BfA with the .2 patch.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This is weird. So we will play the same content for 7-8 months?! They used to reset the season every 3-4 months or so.
    Nope. Every season lasts more or less 6 months as every expansion usually lasts roughly 2 years and has 3 major patches plus 3 .5 minor patches mid seasons.

    S1 started mid December more or less, so 9.1 will hit sometime at the beginning of June.

  8. #48
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post

    I'd say 9.3 dropping is the sane course of action at this point. There are just not enough months left to squeeze in another raid tier after 9.2
    Did they ever skip a number after the comma? It will be 9.1 and 9.2...if anything they drop 9.3.

    But idk..why couldn't we get 9.1 in June. 9.2 in December and 9.3 in June again. Then a new x-pac in Dec 22 or January 23. Yeah...it would drag out the x-pac a bit. Yeah...everyone would say they can't stand SL and want it to be over.

    Or maybe 9.2 will be a small patch (like TotC) and then a big 9.3

  9. #49
    I assume it'll be a while. It isn't even on PTR yet, and we haven't seen anything new since those promo clips at BlizzCon. In their defense, it is a pretty massive patch. A new raid, a new mega-dungeon, a new zone, new content for the covenant campaigns. I'm guessing development times are longer because of COVID too.

    The current raid tier was only opened three months ago too, so I'm assuming they want to milk a few more months out of it before the new raid comes out and makes Castle Nathria obsolete.

    On the other hand...a lot of the active players in my guild are currently taking a break from the game and plan to come back when 9.1 is released. I know a lot of other players are also dissatisfied with the lack of content, so Blizzard may try to push the patch as fast as possible so they don't lose more subscribers. After all, the longer we have to wait the more likely it is that the players who are on break have found something else to play in the meantime and won't come back.

  10. #50
    Herald of the Titans Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    2,824
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "We will play the same content for 7-8 months" is as old as the game. Maybe they "reset the season every 3-4 months or so" occasionally...but seeing that we had complains about content draughts for patches that lasted up to 14 months - there is no "they used to".

    Also...something..something patch 9.05 ...and something...something it not having "content".

    Somebody needs to make the obligatory list where we were with patches at point x in x-pac y.


    Well...at least we get flying in 9.1 and not like in BfA with the .2 patch.
    Okay, let's do it. We are four months into SL.

    Vanilla: 1.3 (release was 1.1)

    TBC: Pretty much around the time 2.1 was released so first major patch.

    Wrath: Well 3.0.9 was February 10 while 3.1 was April 14 so we were in a limbo.

    Cata: 4.1 was pretty much out or we were days before it. Of course that didn't have raids in it.

    MoP: 5.1 released 3 months into the expansion, first raid patch was 7 months in.

    WoD: 6.1 the infamous selfie cam patch was released 3 months in. 6.2 entered the PTR 5 months in.

    Legion: 7.1 was released 1 month in. 7.2 was deployed on the PTR 4 and a half months in.

    BfA: 8.1 was out a few days before the 4 month mark.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2021-03-27 at 04:00 PM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "We will play the same content for 7-8 months" is as old as the game. Maybe they "reset the season every 3-4 months or so" occasionally...but seeing that we had complains about content draughts for patches that lasted up to 14 months - there is no "they used to".

    Also...something..something patch 9.05 ...and something...something it not having "content".

    Somebody needs to make the obligatory list where we were with patches at point x in x-pac y.

    Well...at least we get flying in 9.1 and not like in BfA with the .2 patch.
    Getting flying in .1 because releasing flying in the last patch is too late.

  12. #52
    Herald of the Titans Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    2,824
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Did they ever skip a number after the comma? It will be 9.1 and 9.2...if anything they drop 9.3.

    But idk..why couldn't we get 9.1 in June. 9.2 in December and 9.3 in June again. Then a new x-pac in Dec 22 or January 23. Yeah...it would drag out the x-pac a bit. Yeah...everyone would say they can't stand SL and want it to be over.

    Or maybe 9.2 will be a small patch (like TotC) and then a big 9.3
    Yes, that is the problem. An expansion on average lasts 24 months, with the time between patches roughly 6 months and the last raid patch lasting on average 10 months. We are 4 months in. So we have 10 months between now and the final raid patch releasing.

  13. #53
    My personal guess is that the classic team might be borrowing a little bit of manpower from the retail team atm, to speed up getting classic TBC out the door (as that is, closer than 9.1) Once thats out the door, They'll be putting alot more time and effort into 9.1 and getting that out as soon as possible while alot of the players are busy getting their TBC fix in..
    Ofcourse theres people playing only Classic or ONLY retail, But thats not the playerbase that blizzard is trying to please anymore.. They want to please those playing both, which is why i personally think they're trying to get BC out first, so that takes up some of the "drought" time from Shadowlands.
    either way, BC launch likely in May, with shadowlands coming as a winter release.

  14. #54
    Reused asset raid. Reused tier set. New zone which is just a new part of an existing so likely to be relatively small.

    Its looking like a fairly puny "major patch" i cant see it taking too long to make.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Have we learned that there is no pattern yet, and Blizz just release it when it's done (or done enough)?
    Or they'll release part of it and then the rest later.

    The "When its done" mentality stopped being true awhile ago.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans Wangming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    2,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Reused asset raid. Reused tier set. New zone which is just a new part of an existing so likely to be relatively small.

    Its looking like a fairly puny "major patch" i cant see it taking too long to make.
    Well it took them four months to release a system patch and it required constant hot fixes after release. Apparently it really does take a lot of time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Have we learned that there is no pattern yet, and Blizz just release it when it's done (or done enough)?
    They no longer have that luxury. They aren't the only big MMO anymore.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Reused asset raid. Reused tier set. New zone which is just a new part of an existing so likely to be relatively small.

    Its looking like a fairly puny "major patch" i cant see it taking too long to make.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Or they'll release part of it and then the rest later.

    The "When its done" mentality stopped being true awhile ago.
    Wow! You forgot to put in "small indie game development company" and "lol Bobby Kotick's bonus." I almost couldn't differentiate your generic, bland cynicism from everybody else's!!!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Okay, let's do it. We are four months into SL.

    Vanilla: 1.3 (release was 1.1)

    TBC: Pretty much around the time 2.1 was released so first major patch.

    Wrath: Well 3.0.9 was February 10 while 3.1 was April 14 so we were in a limbo.

    Cata: 4.1 was pretty much out or we were days before it. Of course that didn't have raids in it.

    MoP: 5.1 released 3 months into the expansion, first raid patch was 7 months in.

    WoD: 61 the infamous selfie cam patch was released 3 months in. 6.2 entered the PTR 5 months in.

    Legion: 7.1 was released 1 month in. 7.2 was deployed on the PTR 4 and a half months in.

    BfA: 8.1 was out a few days before the 4 month mark.
    I dont really think we can use "previous dates" as an estimate this time around.. Theres a pandemic going on which is, Without doubt, slowing everything down.. its harder for the developers to test, fix and deploy, than it has ever been.. especially because they have to distribute the fixes to EVERYONE and not just to pc's on campus anymore..

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Wow! You forgot to put in "small indie game development company" and "lol Bobby Kotick's bonus." I almost couldn't differentiate your generic, bland cynicism from everybody else's!!!
    It is a fair point. This'll be the longest wait for a major patch and from what we've seen, its on the small side as far as these go.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    I dont really think we can use "previous dates" as an estimate this time around.. Theres a pandemic going on which is, Without doubt, slowing everything down.. its harder for the developers to test, fix and deploy, than it has ever been.. especially because they have to distribute the fixes to EVERYONE and not just to pc's on campus anymore..
    Looks at FFXIV

    They've also had a year to get their shit together.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It is a fair point. This'll be the longest wait for a major patch and from what we've seen, its on the small side as far as these go.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Looks at FFXIV

    They've also had a year to get their shit together.
    You do realise that Square Enix (Japan based) arent under the same covid restrictions as Activision Blizzard (US based) right? Japan never really got hit as hard, and didnt really shut down as hard or as long.. While in both Europe and the US we're seeing major shutdowns all over even right now, with the third wave causing problems in EU right now... Square Enix's developement team LIKELY hasnt been split up in the same way as US based developement teams did.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Last time I said August I was called a dumb troll with a hate boner for Blizzard. I'm not saying it is good to be right, but it is good to be right.
    Wut? Since when you are 'right'?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •