Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Which is bullshit for two reasons:

1) The pandemic has been out for over a year now. This is nothing new.

2) If they are indeed slowed down, they should come clean about it. Like how Naoki Yoshida said that 5.3 will be delayed due to covid. And it was, by 1.5 months. Things are back on schedule. We know this because the devs communicate with us. Actually communicate not just talk about the good old days and congratulate themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize every cutscene is also voiced in English , French and German and the localization teams aren't in Japan. Right? Right?

- - - Updated - - -

I would say 1991, but that would be a bit too cheeky. Granted August is still an estimate, but my "dumb hater trolling" is looking more and more like reality.

Tbf, Blizzard doesnt need to say a patch is delayed when they've given no release area for a patch.. the "schedule" we as a community and that they've been having internally has never been formally confirmed by blizzard, and we cant use the numbers for that reason alone..
    If they had said "Patch 9.1 will be out on x date in March" they would've needed to delay it, yes.. But they've never given an estimate on the release of the patch, and therefor has NO need of delaying it..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I would say 1991, but that would be a bit too cheeky. Granted August is still an estimate, but my "dumb hater trolling" is looking more and more like reality.
    Yes, August is looking "more and more like reality" because Preach said so and people are parroting after him (cause they must fill current lack of info with anything). xD

Jesus, now I see post talking about Fall. This community can really drift very fast when Blizz doesn't provide enough info.

I'll bet big time we see 9.1 in June / July. Certainly not May that's impossible at this point. Early June no.

Every source I read and YouTube video I've seen lately all saying July is most realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    It is a fair point. This'll be the longest wait for a major patch and from what we've seen, its on the small side as far as these go.
    Don't lie -- you'd still be unhappy if Ion personally came to your house and asked you exactly how you wanted the patch to be designed. You have unrealistic expectations and Blizzard owes you literally fucking nothing.

My cat told me today, after I gave her some treats, it will be June.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Yes, August is looking "more and more like reality" because Preach said so and people are parroting after him (cause they must fill current lack of info with anything). xD

Jesus, now I see post talking about Fall. This community can really drift very fast when Blizz doesn't provide enough info.
    Because 9.1 will take 2-3 months on the ptr prior to launch and we still look to be month or 2 away from it hitting ptr. Maybe longer

Late summer is realistic, but tragically will be too late to save SL. This patch and raid need to be out by end of may to save this expac. I’ve never seen so many raiders check out so early and without any hope on the horizon, more will follow.

SL is treading very dangerous waters and they need to work double shifts or hire more people instead of giving ceos $200 million dollar bonuses, and get to work

And if 9.1 is a dud... then what? Do they pull a WOD and just cancel the last patch and make 9.2 the finale and work on 10.0?
    Last edited by justandulas; 2021-03-20 at 05:13 PM.

I can’t understand why people want to rush raid tiers super short and then end with a year or longer drought like Wrath, MoP, and WoD.

Many people are still progressing because CN is a challenging opening 10 boss tier.

If you have accomplished what you want by now, take a break? Why do you feel chained to playing WoW when you aren’t having fun?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Because 9.1 will take 2-3 months on the ptr prior to launch and we still look to be month or 2 away from it hitting ptr. Maybe longer
    Only available info from Blizzard about 9.1 PTR: "soon after 9.0.5".
    You 10 days after 9.0.5 launch: "month or 2 away, maybe longer".

Late summer is realistic, but tragically will be too late to save SL. This patch and raid need to be out by end of may to save this expac.
    Also lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I'll bet big time we see 9.1 in June / July. Certainly not May there impossible at this point. Early June no.

Every source I read and YouTube video I've seen lately all saying July is most realistic.
    I made some simple statistic about patches from last few years. Out of 17 patches:

- 12 were released second half of quarter (often very close to end)
    - 5 on first second of quarter - 3 on January, 2 on October (and I must mention here one was 7.1, second 7.3.2 - but it was just system patch for Antorus and raid released month later anyway)

Imo sample is big enough for educated guess that for patch releases Blizzard really favor late quarter with exception of January (I don't know if there is some reason behind it or it has to do with long Christmas vacation).

So imo July is really unlikely, patch more likely it will be late June, even if raid will open week-two later in July.

Obviously working from home has impact on SL patch release, imo in normal times they would release some actual content patch on March. But suggesting they can't make mini-zone, dungeon and raid in 6 months? Not to mention art team that wasn't busy since around Summer 2020? C'mon.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2021-03-20 at 05:53 PM.

Around 3 months from the first PTR build is typically the standard for major .1 patches (.0.5 patches are often shorter). That hasn't happened yet, so anywhere before mid-June looks kind of unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    hey bobby just fired - again - around 10% of entire employee numbers, and will fire even more, because they cost less than even 5% of his bonus salary he just got
    what, u want him to get only 185 million usd instead of full 200 (assuming of course all fired employees were minimum wage)?
    and of course all those 'fired' were from non-important department, because 10% of entire work population in a company is just janitors or something
    Yes, people running esports for overwatch are the reason why wow patch cycle takes longer to release, sure.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Around when the new ff14 patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    You do realise that Square Enix (Japan based) arent under the same covid restrictions as Activision Blizzard (US based) right? Japan never really got hit as hard, and didnt really shut down as hard or as long.. While in both Europe and the US we're seeing major shutdowns all over even right now, with the third wave causing problems in EU right now... Square Enix's developement team LIKELY hasnt been split up in the same way as US based developement teams did.
    The FFXIV team is still remoting. They werent hit as hard and still arent becuase they are still actively following guidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Don't lie -- you'd still be unhappy if Ion personally came to your house and asked you exactly how you wanted the patch to be designed. You have unrealistic expectations and Blizzard owes you literally fucking nothing.
    Ion is never going to have sex with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Late summer is realistic, but tragically will be too late to save SL. This patch and raid need to be out by end of may to save this expac. I’ve never seen so many raiders check out so early and without any hope on the horizon, more will follow.

SL is treading very dangerous waters and they need to work double shifts or hire more people instead of giving ceos $200 million dollar bonuses, and get to work

And if 9.1 is a dud... then what? Do they pull a WOD and just cancel the last patch and make 9.2 the finale and work on 10.0?
    According to blizz they have their biggest team ever working on this constantly.

Maybe the issue is they need to stop shoving so many cooks into this kitchen.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Around when the new ff14 patch hits.
    April 13? Yeah right. In what universe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The FFXIV team is still remoting. They werent hit as hard and still arent becuase they are still actively following guidelines.

- - - Updated - - -

Ion is never going to have sex with you.

- - - Updated - - -

According to blizz they have their biggest team ever working on this constantly.

Maybe the issue is they need to stop shoving so many cooks into this kitchen.
    Or so many cookies in this kitchen.

Keep thinking mid June, early July...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Late May/June

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    PTR drop will tell us most of what we need to know. But as it stands right now I see two routes.

1. Blizzcon was all we're getting and a very empty patch drops in June.

2. Blizzcon was an early look and there's more in 9.1, and we're looking at August.

Either way it will be a disaster.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    PTR drop will tell us most of what we need to know. But as it stands right now I see two routes.

1. Blizzcon was all we're getting and a very empty patch drops in June.

2. Blizzcon was an early look and there's more in 9.1, and we're looking at August.

Either way it will be a disaster.
    Wait so:

New zone
    New mega dungeon
    New 10 boss raid
    New campaign quests
    New collectibles
    New invasion events

Is now considered a “very empty patch” by the forums?

What would be a “a very full patch” by comparison that was done previously?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Wait so:

New zone
    New mega dungeon
    New 10 boss raid
    New campaign quests
    New collectibles
    New invasion events

Everyone declared it was "very empty" at Blizzcon. "Just a bunch of transmog options, a dungeon that they don't even have named, and a subzone in the Maw."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Wait so:

New zone
    New mega dungeon
    New 10 boss raid
    New campaign quests
    New collectibles
    New invasion events

The zone seems to be a subzone of The Maw rather than a full on zone, at least thats how they worded it.
    The raid seems like it'll have a fair bit of reused assets. Including the tier itself which is a first.

I admit the mega dungeon is nice.

The other bits are your very basic sorta stuff that, honestly, should have been with release? The invasions arent new and by this time should be something they can implement in a very short time. If by collectibles you mean cosmetics, this one seems light compared to the past given that, once more, no new tier.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    hey bobby just fired - again - around 10% of entire employee numbers,
    According to Yahoo Finance, ATVI has 9500 full time employees. So, no, he did not fire 10% of the employees.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"