Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The zone seems to be a subzone of The Maw rather than a full on zone, at least thats how they worded it.
    The raid seems like it'll have a fair bit of reused assets. Including the tier itself which is a first.

I admit the mega dungeon is nice.

The other bits are your very basic sorta stuff that, honestly, should have been with release? The invasions arent new and by this time should be something they can implement in a very short time. If by collectibles you mean cosmetics, this one seems light compared to the past given that, once more, no new tier.
    They described the new zone as its own thing, just pulled into the maw. So it’s not just a part/continuation of the maw. It is its own thing.

Continuation of a campaign is just what should be in the campaign originally? I mean I guess we could say that about any quest continuation in the game so ok?

I guess we shall see how much the raid re-uses assets. It won’t be Wrath’s blatant copy/paste or using the same room for the raid and dungeon level bad, but I do thing some of the art will be like Torghest.

I’m curious about the gear, my guess is that both the legendary set and another skin will be in the raid. If not, I guess back to more Wrath era copy/paste.

Invasions should be easy and just added? Again I guess, could also say this about any daily hub ever put in after the first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    hey bobby just fired - again - around 10% of entire employee numbers, and will fire even more, because they cost less than even 5% of his bonus salary he just got
    what, u want him to get only 185 million usd instead of full 200 (assuming of course all fired employees were minimum wage)?
    and of course all those 'fired' were from non-important department, because 10% of entire work population in a company is just janitors or something
    none of those people were developers, so idk what you are getting at...
    last time they fired developers on mass was 2012 when they fired 600 people from blizzard, more then they have ever since (137 last year, 50 this year)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The zone seems to be a subzone of The Maw rather than a full on zone, at least thats how they worded it.
    The raid seems like it'll have a fair bit of reused assets. Including the tier itself which is a first.

I admit the mega dungeon is nice.

The other bits are your very basic sorta stuff that, honestly, should have been with release? The invasions arent new and by this time should be something they can implement in a very short time. If by collectibles you mean cosmetics, this one seems light compared to the past given that, once more, no new tier.
    not actually a first, teir has been reused a couple times, for example hell vanilla blackwing lair gear dropped in molten core for a few patches, till they removed it, readding it in blackwing lair, then it didnt even have a custom appearence for 3 more patches, sharing the same appearence as teir 1. legion reused the teir from EN in NH
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how in any world it could be considered an empty patch. It's one of the bigger patches previewed in recent memory, if ever (at least for the first patch after an expansion launch).

I'm still going to guess the end of May or early June, simply because of historical data.

BFA launched in mid July and it's .1 patch came out in the first weeks of December, and ended up being roughly about 5 months from launch until 8.1. 8.1 came with a new raid, then a mini-raid a couple months in, Darkshore warfront, some more chapters for our war campaign, and faction assaults.

Legion launched in at the very end of August and it's .1 patch technically came out at the end of October (2 months later). If you want a "real" time frame though that's far more fair, the length between Legions launch and 7.2 was around 7 months total. If you combine everything together you end up getting Trial Of Valor (mini-raid), Return to Karazhan (mega dungeon), Nighthold (new raid), and a new campaign for the story stuff. Lots of stuff.

I could keep going through them all, but WoD doesn't paint a very good picture so I guess I'll stop there. Content wise it looks similar to Legion (combining its .1 patch and it.s .1.5 patch together), but of course we don't know the time frame.

I'm just going to be optimistic for a few reasons. It's rare for them to be too far beyond the ~6 month period for a big patch (with the exception being end of expansion and new expansion). We have no idea when they actually compiled all of that stuff for the Blizzcon we got this year because most of it wasn't a live event at all. It's very possible that stuff was from awhile ago, and not necessarily up to date. I'm not too worried about the lack of previews because the new area is literally just a mash up of parts of Arden Weald and the Maw. To me, it doesn't need to shake the ground because it's fairly rare for us to get an entirely new landmass in one of the first patches (didn't really get one until Argus in Legion or Tanaan in WoD.

That's my outlook anyway. If it hits in either of the timeframes I laid out than it's really not that much different than most patches in the past (and it would be one of the biggest .1 patches in WoW). If it hits in like August or late July it would be sort of a disaster, and would feel similar to the draught between BT and Sunwell (we got Zul'aman, I guess lol).

My bets still on late may/june.

We don't actually know when the filmed blizzcon, cause most of that was definitely not live.

if a ptr isn't out by the end of march we're almost certainly looking at july if not later
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Mid July to Early August,

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-June and ptr commin out at the end of the month is my guess.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Everyone declared it was "very empty" at Blizzcon. "Just a bunch of transmog options, a dungeon that they don't even have named, and a subzone in the Maw."
    This "everyone" are people that think 9.1 is in early concept stage because Blizzard didn't show usual videos from raid/dungeon/zone that extended whole presentation on live Blizzcon. And no one gave me counter arguments when I ask how the hell art team wouldn't be done with 9.1 already, since 9.0 was done last summer and I doubt they were involved in bug fixes or tuning.

For me reveal felt "empty" because a)we got all info day before, b)it was their choice/limitation to condense all info. 8.1 reveal had same style and length and PTR was up week after.

At this rate its looking like a June release, maybe late May at its earliest. Still takes way too long considering how light SL launch content has been and how fast activity is going down. They must anticipate for Classic TBC to pick up the slack and keep people subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I personally don’t even think June is realistic and by the time July/August comes out, it’ll be too late to save the sinking ship of SL
    Develop how SL is a sinking ship? Just because honey phase is over and X% of thhe population stopped playing, it doesn't mean the patch is a failure. I didn't see hundreds of guilds disbanding in the first tier like i saw on BFA. If something, this patch is at least as succesful as legion's first patch with no noticeable giant population drop like the one in BFA.

On-topic: Realistically with employees getting time off in August, release won't be past July. Probably Early-Mid June. Taking in account there is no PTR yet, mid-May is the earliest we can expect.
    Last edited by Baleful; 2021-03-21 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Develop how SL is a sinking ship? Just because honey phase is over and X% of thhe population stopped playing, it doesn't mean the patch is a failure. I didn't see hundreds of guilds disbanding in the first tier like i saw on BFA. If something, this patch is at least as succesful as legion's first patch with no noticeable giant population drop like the one in BFA.

On-topic: Realistically with employees getting time off in August, release won't be past July. Probably Early-Mid June. Taking in account there is no PTR yet, mid-May is the earliest we can expect.
    This is worse than bfa because now people are leaving because it’s two bad expacs in a row.

You can’t compare this to legion. Legion was 2 raid tiers by now and was a far superior product. It isn’t even comparable

hey bobby just fired - again - around 10% of entire employee numbers, and will fire even more, because they cost less than even 5% of his bonus salary he just got
    what, u want him to get only 185 million usd instead of full 200 (assuming of course all fired employees were minimum wage)?
    and of course all those 'fired' were from non-important department, because 10% of entire work population in a company is just janitors or something
    What are you on about???

Yeah the esports team is totally related to the WoW development

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Really? Where though?

I guess August end of july at the earliest. They seem sooooooo far behind. We have seen nothing of the patch besides a general concept. I don't think they had anything when Blizzconline was. Or they would have shown it. We didn't even get concept art if i remember correctly. All of that points to a very late release.

And well... i don't hold it against them... Covid and that fire they had just adds up. I think i will take a break in about 1 to 2 months. I don't actually mind to much
    I remember when everyone who saw SL at blizzcon were saying “oh they are so far behind it’s going to be mid 2021 release”

Ptr hits in a week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Nope, and seeing as the PTR isn't even out i'd say around early summer is when it launches
    This is very optimistic and to be honest if it launched that early it would ridded with issues. Late summer is more like it. Given how little we saw at blizzcon and no ptr yet August isn't out of the question.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

This is worse than bfa because now people are leaving because it’s two bad expacs in a row.

You can’t compare this to legion. Legion was 2 raid tiers by now and was a far superior product. It isn’t even comparable
    Again this is just your and anyones point of view, i am seeing no big drop of players like i saw on BFA, few guilds disbanding despite being in the same season patch for 15 weeks. It's succesfully keeping attached players.

Can't really care about people that are subbing for 2 months until content is "stale" despite they didn't complete anything meaningful in the game, then cry in forums for 2 weeks left of sub; just to come back 3 months later to do the same again. This people won't keep subbed even if you give them content patches every 2 days because they simply don't like modern WoW and they will never admit it.

BTW i totally agree that Legion was far superior to SL but people are overcritifising a expansion patch that is fine:
    *The amount of Dungeons is only slightly under the average of modern wow expac.
    *It has the largest first raid in WoW modern history.
    *Can't really talk about PvP as i don't play that much of it, but people seem to be happy with PvP vendors back.
    *The amount of questing is in par with any modern WoW expansions aside from Legion that is a BIG step up from any other expansion.

The only problem i see with SL is that they are taking their time to release a slow but decent product instead of rushing it like they did on BFA. You can't even compare it with Legion because they abandoned WoD for more than a year to focus on it. SL was released only 9 moths after the Nya patch, one of the (if not the) shortest last patch on any expansion ever, even after delaying it.
    Last edited by Baleful; 2021-03-21 at 06:39 PM.

All forums I read and the big WoW YouTubers are all saying 9.1 will come out in July / August.

I play on two big high pop full servers, Dalaran and Zul'J, and both are ghost towns this month. Game is very empty of players and even the Guilds I'm in, usually 30+ people on 24/7, all Guilds are near empty, maybe 5 or so players on at a time. Friends of mine in other Guilds saying the same, massive amount players left the game, with lots saying they won't even be back for 9.1, because WoW is not what it used to be.

Most .1 patches come out around 3 to 4 months into the expansion, looking like 9.1 will come out 8+ months into this expansion.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-03-21 at 06:31 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Wait so:

New zone
    New mega dungeon
    New 10 boss raid
    New campaign quests
    New collectibles
    New invasion events

Is now considered a “very empty patch” by the forums?

What would be a “a very full patch” by comparison that was done previously?
    I'm normally in the big enough camp. I mean this does seem like quite a lot. What I'm concerned about is the ammount of casual content. Yes, those players exist. A mythic only dungeon is not really content for them. So what are you going to do for another half a year if you don't raid or run mythic? Leave?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    Taking in account there is no PTR yet, mid-May is the earliest we can expect.
    Mid may? Less than two months of testing for a patch with a dungeon and a raid? In what universe?

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    My cat told me today, after I gave her some treats, it will be June.

Give her more treats! Maybe we can lower the time til release xD

Not soon enough unfortunately. The game needs 9.1 now. April is the best launch for it and mau is realistic.

Anything past the month of may is a catastrophic failure on blizzards part and SL won’t be able to recover if it’s July/aug
    I will be sure to keep an eye on the share price for when it tanks in June because market expert justandulas said it would be a catastrophic failure. Easy money right? Buy low. Sell high?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say I'm surprised it's not on PTR yet, but I've just realised 9.0.5 has only been out just over two weeks Honestly though, 9.0.5 doesn't really bring anything that stands out, so it's felt longer than two weeks so far. Hopefully it will be on PTR very soon and start drumming up excitement. I wouldn't expect much more than the Zone for a few weeks and the Raid and Dungeon later on.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Which is completely irrelevant to WoW since nobody from Wow was laid off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Mid may? Less than two months of testing for a patch with a dungeon and a raid? In what universe?
    The raid doesn't release until weeks after the patch, so they can continue to test that after patch releases.