Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hi there!

I would say in terms of 'smoothness' I would probably rank it around 7 ATM. The spec always feels clunky early expansion with small numbers of secondary stats.

I personally always preferred Unholy to Frost but it is really subjective and I would encourage you to play both and see how they feel and make your own decision.

How fun is DK?

On a scale of 1 to Great, I'd give it a solid Z%.

wow, thank you so much, so happy great

I was playing DK when Cataclysm was around. I was mostly playing Blood DK and everything was fun, except PvP. Frost seemed boring to me, unholy was better, but it still wasn't fun enough to deal damage in WoW. DD is just not my kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Hey,

How smooth and satisfying is the DK specs from 1-10(compared to other classes/spec you played)?

The definition of smooth for me is that, you have the big moments and then you have the wait moments in the rotation. You are not drowned in a mess of things you have to weave in(think shamans and WW monks if you played it).

Thanks.
    How fun is watching grass grow?

Unholy DK is such a great concept and cool idea for a class spec, but it just blows in Shittylands, feels clunky, with a poor rotation that's not smooth, and sometimes feels like you hit with a wet noodle. Wasn't much better in BfA either.

Blood too, slow rotation with waiting on cooldowns and runes to be ready it's not a fast smooth rotation.

Death Knights need a major overhaul for the better.

Bring back Blood DPS spec from Wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    DK is the only class that I enjoy all 3 specs. Blood is my favorite tank hands down, and Unholy is my favorite DPS hands down. Frost has that fast paced, easy to execute gameplay that feels good to me. 10/10
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

I think it's the best it can be

Quote Originally Posted by erlaish View Post
    I think it's the best it can be
    Doubt

Unholy is not fun for me, since Legion. Its on the same level not fun like fury is. I dont say the new Gameplay is bad, i just say the old one makes much more fun (for me) and felt better.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me 4 set + Unity make Blood incredibly fun.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I actually miss Legion Frost DK ;/ (also Cataclysm frost DK)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    One of my alts is a Frost DK, I tried Unholy but didn't enjoy it. As others have said though, you should just try out one on the PTR or Class Trial or whatever, see what you enjoy the most. This is after all a game!

Nah! When you start putting frost DK in the picture it is no longer a game! I like the hit ratio though better of Unholy. But that is probably because I keep wondering
    why I have a lesser grade than most of my opponents. No one has been able to help me on that. Just get the impenetrable. And make him do some jumping parakeet moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ByMartinLandau04 View Post
    Nah! When you start putting frost DK in the picture it is no longer a game! I like the hit ratio though better of Unholy. But that is probably because I keep wondering
    why I have a lesser grade than most of my opponents. No one has been able to help me on that. Just get the impenetrable. And make him do some jumping parakeet moves.

Wtf does this even mean... why do ALL of your posts make absolutely no sense?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The bots are evolving!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    You read my mind. The only sentence that I could understand was "No one has been able to help me on that".

How right you are, our opinions are the same.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost dk pvp in MoP was the most fun for me. Death strike hitting tons, icy touch glyph and conversion was Op, but super fun and also miss pressence for flavor. I felt strong as the glass canon in that time.

Ever since their new of resources I felt like I am missing something cool to do or missing abilities. Frost bores me right now, blood is slow, but can be more fun later on with set bonus, but still not fun as I miss blood dps and if you like chaotic, but manageable if you got the hang of it, then unholy is fun for you.

5/10 for me, maybe even 4 cus it's so boring. 5 cus the theme of Unholy is stil very dkish, still boring;p
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-09 at 08:38 PM.

When I played unholy and frost DK I never felt like I was hitting a target. The class doesn't have the same crunch that warrior has.

I felt more like a melee ranged spell caster.

In terms of rotation I felt like frost was a lot smoother than unholy. Unholy isn't a bad rotation, its just not as smooth as frost.

Unholy was fun back in MoP. So was blood for the insane veng you could rack up during paragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Unholy was fun back in MoP. So was blood for the insane veng you could rack up during paragon.
    pretty much every spec was better in MoP considering the fact that MoP was litreally the pinnacle of class design in this game