Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    ...and that is exactly why i advocate a flat mmr whatever you are participating ( be it rbg, 2v2 or 3v3 ) AND a solo queue system as the cherry on top to remove boosters from the scene once and for all. if you have 3k rating at 3v3 and 1.2k rating at 2v2 ( there are at least 20 players like that, check wow pvp rankings site if you want ) you shouldn't facing 1.2k players at 2v2. this system is plain stupid and unfair to those who are just trying to learn or new to the game or wtv.

    it shouldn't be this hard to grasp : if you reached a certain point, below that treshold should be restricted to you. i don't want to see a 3k rating player in my 1.1k mmr game for god's sake and this has nothing to do with getting good at game. if the game lets me, i may get better or hell, i can even stay at the rating i DESERVE TO BE AT. not the rating i am getting pushed at by some nolifer fucktard. i also do not blame the boosters btw, if there is a flaw in the system, people abuse it. simple as that. i just can't believe blizzard either can't see the simple flaw in this system or they just plain don't care about it. either is as shitty as the other.
    What would prevent the booster from dropping his 3v3 rating to 900 if that was the case, and keeping RBG at 0, making his boosting in 2s at 1200 even easier? That's what you guys always fail to take into account, there are so so so so many ways to get around any rating restriction you put in place. And what if your legit IRL friend wants to play with you? or your husband? Or brother?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    What would prevent the booster from dropping his 3v3 rating to 900 if that was the case, and keeping RBG at 0, making his boosting in 2s at 1200 even easier? That's what you guys always fail to take into account, there are so so so so many ways to get around any rating restriction you put in place. And what if your legit IRL friend wants to play with you? or your husband? Or brother?
    i agree that it is not possible to stop people from lowering their rating intentionally. but i guess you are missing a vital point here : mmr. you can't lower your mmr below a certain point ( if your current rating reaches 1.8k, your mmr goes up from 1.6k to 1.8k if you win or lose ) therefore if we base brackets solely according to the mmr of any player participating in organized pvp, and make it a flat rating for any / all activities ( say, your rbg rating effects your 2v2 etc. ) it is a step into the right diection. while it is flawed, it is way better than current system.

    what if my irl friend ( let's say he is a freshman ) wants to play with me ? while it sounds logical, do you expect your irl friends or brother to be as skilled in, say, chess ? what if you are in the national team and they want to play with you ? they can play at home while drinking a beer ofc, but not when you are participating in national league. there is skirmish mode for this purpose. you can even raise the rewards of skirmish based on your win. you can implement a completely different game mode for this purpose only. there are many possiblities.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

  3. #83
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I thought it was obvious. If you're not having fun, go do something else. It's not a job, so you have no obligation to log in.
    But that response has nothing to do with what you originally said.

  4. #84
    Pvp is terrible but you can always just unsub or stick to pve, which is what I did since getting pvp geared up. I've generally enjoyed pve even as a shitty spec it feels more rewarding than pvp.

  5. #85
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Pvp is terrible but you can always just unsub or stick to pve, which is what I did since getting pvp geared up. I've generally enjoyed pve even as a shitty spec it feels more rewarding than pvp.
    How is it more rewarding?

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i don't even wanna describe why. fuck the pvp developers for the game. fuck pvp boosters and fuck blizzard for allowing them to ruin the game for the rest of the players.
    Stop playing it.

    Lots of forms of entertainment out there, why would you endure it?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    i tell you the problem

    Fighting 40k+ health boosters on 1000+ whatever rating.
    Forgot the exact number because i quit (for now)
    +1

    I just stopped doing arenas, not really fun at my low rating, I should get ppl like me, not people on glad mounts.
    I abhor boosters in general and people making getting boosts the norm.

    To OP: It's because of the gear vendors and because they are bis for Pve. Not sure why the WOD gear route was not ok. It does seem like they did it on purpose, I refuse to believe they are at a level of stupid that could not have predicted the outcome.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Second, at 210 ilvl you have plenty to hit 1600 rating, the only thing stopping you is a lack of practice and knowledge.
    Honey, that IS the issue. You should be able to get to 1600 with some work. But you should never be able to win versus boosters, and you dont. There are so many boosters you actually hardly ever get to meet people like you. Do you understand now what the issue is?

    Because you seem to think that you only get some boosters once every blue moon, not a continuous wave of boosters. You maybe also think that these boosters are icompetent and someone struggling to get into 1600 can beat someone with glad experience. If you are able to, you don't belong into 1600s either. This is what the op is complaining about - never ever getting to play against ppl at the proper rating and #only# getting pitted against boosters. I hope i explained it clear enough...

    And you know why you get pitted against boosters only? Because ppl like the op and like me who actually belong in low rating, stopped doing arenas.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    +1

    I just stopped doing arenas, not really fun at my low rating, I should get ppl like me, not people on glad mounts.
    I abhor boosters in general and people making getting boosts the norm.

    To OP: It's because of the gear vendors and because they are bis for Pve. Not sure why the WOD gear route was not ok. It does seem like they did it on purpose, I refuse to believe they are at a level of stupid that could not have predicted the outcome.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honey, that IS the issue. You should be able to get to 1600 with some work. But you should never be able to win versus boosters, and you dont. There are so many boosters you actually hardly ever get to meet people like you. Do you understand now what the issue is?

    Because you seem to think that you only get some boosters once every blue moon, not a continuous wave of boosters. You maybe also think that these boosters are icompetent and someone struggling to get into 1600 can beat someone with glad experience. If you are able to, you don't belong into 1600s either. This is what the op is complaining about - never ever getting to play against ppl at the proper rating and #only# getting pitted against boosters. I hope i explained it clear enough...

    And you know why you get pitted against boosters only? Because ppl like the op and like me who actually belong in low rating, stopped doing arenas.
    I think its funny people don't realize how many boosters are in the game lol. I queued the other day with my friend who is semi new to shadowlands and at 1400 we fought like 8 people in a row who are duelist/gladiator. It is not an easy game right now

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    +1

    I just stopped doing arenas, not really fun at my low rating, I should get ppl like me, not people on glad mounts.
    I abhor boosters in general and people making getting boosts the norm.

    To OP: It's because of the gear vendors and because they are bis for Pve. Not sure why the WOD gear route was not ok. It does seem like they did it on purpose, I refuse to believe they are at a level of stupid that could not have predicted the outcome.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honey, that IS the issue. You should be able to get to 1600 with some work. But you should never be able to win versus boosters, and you dont. There are so many boosters you actually hardly ever get to meet people like you. Do you understand now what the issue is?

    Because you seem to think that you only get some boosters once every blue moon, not a continuous wave of boosters. You maybe also think that these boosters are icompetent and someone struggling to get into 1600 can beat someone with glad experience. If you are able to, you don't belong into 1600s either. This is what the op is complaining about - never ever getting to play against ppl at the proper rating and #only# getting pitted against boosters. I hope i explained it clear enough...

    And you know why you get pitted against boosters only? Because ppl like the op and like me who actually belong in low rating, stopped doing arenas.
    Lol. Get a grip dude. There is boosters yes, but not as many as you make it sound like it is.
    It's funny how people are doing 500+ games, still on 1500mmr then complaining about playing vs "geared people". You will win MOST of those games if you're actually better than them. Not all, but most.

    If you deserve to be higher than your 1500 rating you WILL BE higher than that as well. Stop complaining about gear and boosters cause It's bullshit. Most people you play against with glad mount is alts with shit gear and they just outplay you with positioning and better cd management.

    If you win vs teams with lower mmr than you, you're better than them. If you lose vs teams with higher mmr than you, you're not better than them. Which means there is room here you need to improve.
    Last edited by Balyn; 2021-03-21 at 10:08 PM.
    I'm a kittycat

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Then please, stop playing the game.

    I dont get why people do stuff they hate and dont enjoy. Oo
    Well it’s more of a ”if someone steals your dog, Do you try to get the dog back or just move on to a new dog?” Type thing

    Basiclly, These people feel like blizzard stole something they cherrished and loved, and now they lash out since they feel betrayed and empty without it.
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2021-03-21 at 10:16 PM.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  11. #91
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,850
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    then genuinely dont play it....
    While you are 100% ending this thread...I doubt it ends here. People just love to revel in their misery....

    Seriously...what is it with people playing and doing what they hate? I get it..you might need to do a shitty job to put food on the table and survive...but for the love of god.....gaming is supposed to be a hobby...recreation...fun times. And folks pay for something they hate...and keep on playing and impotently posting on forums?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Well it’s more of a ”if someone steals your dog, Do you try to get the dog back or just move on to a new dog?” Type thing

    Basiclly, These people feel like blizzard stole something they cherrished and loved, and now they lash out since they feel betrayed and empty without it.
    It is totally not that. That dog is a tangible animal. It is a companion and all that. You bought it...raised it...it bonded with you. A game is not that. You don't "own" a game like a dog...unless you shared that dog with 15 million other people.

    What you describe about the game is a "feeling" and a bullshitty one at that. "blizzard stole something they cherrished and loved" - seriously? How pathetic can people get? What did they steal? the feeling that pvp once was fair and balanced? Booo-hooo-hooo....I was a n00b and an idiot in 2005...and even then it never was. We were boosting the weekly agreed upon guy to rank 14 and we were steamrolling any battleground with our premade.

  12. #92
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    4,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    ...and that is exactly why i advocate a flat mmr whatever you are participating ( be it rbg, 2v2 or 3v3 ) AND a solo queue system as the cherry on top to remove boosters from the scene once and for all. if you have 3k rating at 3v3 and 1.2k rating at 2v2 ( there are at least 20 players like that, check wow pvp rankings site if you want ) you shouldn't facing 1.2k players at 2v2. this system is plain stupid and unfair to those who are just trying to learn or new to the game or wtv.

    it shouldn't be this hard to grasp : if you reached a certain point, below that treshold should be restricted to you. i don't want to see a 3k rating player in my 1.1k mmr game for god's sake and this has nothing to do with getting good at game. if the game lets me, i may get better or hell, i can even stay at the rating i DESERVE TO BE AT. not the rating i am getting pushed at by some nolifer fucktard. i also do not blame the boosters btw, if there is a flaw in the system, people abuse it. simple as that. i just can't believe blizzard either can't see the simple flaw in this system or they just plain don't care about it. either is as shitty as the other.
    You're going to see them regardless as they work up through ranks on alternate characters, and those people are still going to walk over you.

    People can and will tank their MMRs in a solo queue system for 'fun' just so they can slap people around for content too.

    You see this in all types of games and it's not just exclusive to Blizzard. People love to play on 'smurf' accounts in so many different types of games for a variety of reasons.

    Everything you proposed still has problems. What about those 2100-2400 RBG players who are hard stuck anywhere from 1400-2100? Where do you place those players if they decide to do arena? They have gear outside what would be typical for those brackets listed, but might not necessarily have the skill in arena (most people who RBG aren't that great). Do you place them against players who are 2100-2400 in 2s or 3s (depending what bracket they choose) to just eternally lose and never gain any points? That doesn't seem like very good design either.

    This is just as much of a social problem as it is a problem with Blizzard, and their inability to balance PvE rewards as well. It's not fun to fight people above your skill level but I think a lot of people here just assume that every game is filled with people getting boosted or losing games to over geared players. Boosters pop up yes, but some of those people who 'easily' one shot you might come from RBGs or something and have no idea what they're doing and part of that is due to gear/class balance. Those people are at those ratings for a reason, and it's because they.. belong there.

    To eliminate boosting the best course of action is for you to campaign for better PvE rewards. A lot of people who PvE don't like having to do PvP at all for gear, but Shadowlands gearing system (it's better than what it was at launch) pushed a lot of people into it, because it helped PvE progression.

    Another thing they probably should do (and this is unpopular for a lot) is the ability to just sit on rating each and every week while you slowly gear everything up. This makes boosting behavior even worse than it was in past expansions, because people will just literally get rating in one bracket and sit on it for 2-3 months. If you were required to win a few games each week at that rating (you have to win at least one for the cache), it would help alleviate the boosting problem a bit more too. Boosting in PvP is pretty expensive, but getting to your desired rating and than sitting on it is infinitely cheaper than having to go back to your 'dealer' every single week to get some wins so you could continually upgrade your gear. Again, this solution doesn't solve boosting completely, it just makes it more cost prohibitive. Credit card warriors are going to be credit card warriors no matter what. By making it something you can't just completely sit on, you basically price out a bunch of people, potentially making boosting a bit less rampant.

    Lastly on a third point they could just make it harder to climb in RBGs. While some here might defend RBGs (probably people who do RBGs), it's comically easy to get gear in this setting compared to 2s and 3s. For whatever reason the MMR adjustments typically work in your favor (meaning you lose way less than you win), and as such, a huge portion of players are getting gear they probably don't really need or deserve. PvP gear is popular this expansion because it's super easy and is on a vendor, but you would have to be an idiot to ignore the resurgence of a pretty dead game mode (RBGs). It's resurged because it's bar none, the easiest way to get both honor, conquest and rating for 226 gear (and a 233 weapon) compared to both 2s/3s.

    While the way Blizzard balances this game is pretty lackluster at times in regards to class balance, systems, etc, I don't think it's as easy as you make it out to be in regards to fixing it.

    The TLDR is still here btw. Just because you're fighting people with big gear at your bracket, doesn't necessarily mean they're boosting. They could have PvE gear on or they could have gotten all their gear from RBGs (and as I stated numerous times, there are plenty of people who RBG who have no idea how to arena properly). Those people are there for a reason, and it's because they belong there.

  13. #93
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    23,599
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Gear needs to be irrelevant in pvp, templates were the right direction to go down
    So whats to strive for then? One that is good has no rewards, he/she already know he/she outskill the opponents.
    All there is left is RNG gods in BG setup and no rewards for.... being good?

    There should always be a gap, skill and dedication should be rewarded. The trick is to balance it properly which I think WoW has done pretty well since I started in TBC.
    Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and we will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court," the media company said in its response.
    Equally outrageously hilarious as sad

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    +1

    I just stopped doing arenas, not really fun at my low rating, I should get ppl like me, not people on glad mounts.
    I abhor boosters in general and people making getting boosts the norm.

    To OP: It's because of the gear vendors and because they are bis for Pve. Not sure why the WOD gear route was not ok. It does seem like they did it on purpose, I refuse to believe they are at a level of stupid that could not have predicted the outcome.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honey, that IS the issue. You should be able to get to 1600 with some work. But you should never be able to win versus boosters, and you dont. There are so many boosters you actually hardly ever get to meet people like you. Do you understand now what the issue is?

    Because you seem to think that you only get some boosters once every blue moon, not a continuous wave of boosters. You maybe also think that these boosters are icompetent and someone struggling to get into 1600 can beat someone with glad experience. If you are able to, you don't belong into 1600s either. This is what the op is complaining about - never ever getting to play against ppl at the proper rating and #only# getting pitted against boosters. I hope i explained it clear enough...

    And you know why you get pitted against boosters only? Because ppl like the op and like me who actually belong in low rating, stopped doing arenas.
    I think you are wrong, take any game that has a ladder, unless the game is growing, the ladder always ends up cutting off it's bottom every few months. If you get into Starcraft 2 right now, you will be absolutely destroyed at bronze, and you won't get out of bronze without 100s of hours of practice. This is a very well known and understood problem in any pvp game with a ranking system.

    What you need is a constant supply of fresh bodies, people that also never played before that you can fight against in bronze to use the SC2 example from above. If the ladder stays static and no new blood is added, the entire ladder will raise it's skill level every few weeks, but the people at the very bottom will drop out because they can no longer win. And in a few months you end up with former gold/plat players struggling to stay out of bronze.

    Wow pvp is the same, if you face someone with 10 hours worth of pvp experience, chances are they will beat you. If no new people join, the average amount of hours played at every level will keep going up, and the people at the very bottom will drop out. Eventually you end up with a system where people around 1400 rating all have 200+ hours of experience, and they will absolutely destroy you as a new player.

    You also misunderstood my point about boosters, at 1400 rating you should absolutely win vs boosters, because you are 2v1. and even if they are way better than you, with more gear, they won't win 2v1 unless you seriously misplayed. You have to remember, the person they are boosting needs a boost because they are not good enough to be at that rating on their own, and yes, while their average skill might be slightly higher than yours, they also have a major liability in the bostee.

    And your point about MMR is also useless, then people would simply boost with PvE geared characters, or they'd use alts or simply not raise their MMR until the end of the season.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i don't even wanna describe why. fuck the pvp developers for the game. fuck pvp boosters and fuck blizzard for allowing them to ruin the game for the rest of the players.
    I feel the same, would've liked to have learned my new main and pushed for either 1800 and 2100 while learning, growing and having fun with friends. People are really good at this game now though, and with the boosters in 1:3 games, it's not great! I gave up around 1720 and focus on other stuff instead.

    You should probably write a little more constructively if you want to face anything other than trollage though, as you really are asking for the ol' "JusT qUiT thEn" response as it is. RBGs are a lot less booster invaded from my perspective, have a crack at that instead.. With a solid, permanent group of friends / decent players around your skill level it's actually a lot of fun!

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxblow View Post
    To be frank there has always been fully geared people at low ratings

    It has always been a pain when trying to gear up an alt
    It's never been as bad as it is now though. With arena being one of the most efficient ways to gear up alts there are a ton more boosters at these lower ratings.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    I feel the same, would've liked to have learned my new main and pushed for either 1800 and 2100 while learning, growing and having fun with friends. People are really good at this game now though, and with the boosters in 1:3 games, it's not great! I gave up around 1720 and focus on other stuff instead.

    You should probably write a little more constructively if you want to face anything other than trollage though, as you really are asking for the ol' "JusT qUiT thEn" response as it is. RBGs are a lot less booster invaded from my perspective, have a crack at that instead.. With a solid, permanent group of friends / decent players around your skill level it's actually a lot of fun!
    after the initial venting, i described what i think is the solution to the elephant in the room. i was too furious to face 3x boosters in a row at fucking 1.2k rating on my alt. i mean, because of people who suck donkey balls in pvp but have enough gold to boost their lazy asses, i can not have fun or more importantly, I CAN NOT HAVE A FAIR GAME. fuck blizzard for allowing this shit. i don't know how many times did i say this on topic but i just can't get enough. FUCK BLIZZARD FOR ALLOWING BOTS TO FILL LOW RANKS.

    this game isn't new player friendly anymore and we all will suffer from the consequences. just wait and see.

    edit : just played 2 games with my hunter alt. first game was a normal rating game. second was a yet another fucktard buying boosting from 2 gladiator mount players. i mean come on...
    Last edited by Huntermyth; 2021-03-22 at 05:46 PM.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    It's never been as bad as it is now though. With arena being one of the most efficient ways to gear up alts there are a ton more boosters at these lower ratings.
    They should add a pvp tax stat to gear, so it's bad in pve but good in pvp.
    M+ boosting communities quickly integrated raiding and now PvP because of gear. PvP boosts were always a thing for mount and whatnot, but now when vendors are here - pvp is very good and quick way to upgrade your items. PvP stat would not remove the problem but reduce it by a shit-ton.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    after the initial venting, i described what i think is the solution to the elephant in the room. i was too furious to face 3x boosters in a row at fucking 1.2k rating on my alt. i mean, because of people who suck donkey balls in pvp but have enough gold to boost their lazy asses, i can not have fun or more importantly, I CAN NOT HAVE A FAIR GAME. fuck blizzard for allowing this shit. i don't know how many times did i say this on topic but i just can't get enough. FUCK BLIZZARD FOR ALLOWING BOTS TO FILL LOW RANKS.

    this game isn't new player friendly anymore and we all will suffer from the consequences. just wait and see.
    Imagine calling people out for being bad at pvp and losing to boost grps.
    I don't wanna hurt your feelings but if your team can't beat a team with a boostie you probably aren't destined to reach high ratings anyways. ^^

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Imagine calling people out for being bad at pvp and losing to boost grps.
    I don't wanna hurt your feelings but if your team can't beat a team with a boostie you probably aren't destined to reach high ratings anyways. ^^
    are you really this daft or purposefully warping what i am saying here ? i don't want to reach high ratings in a heartbeat. i just want to face players AT MY SKILL LEVEL. now read these 3 sentences out loud until you digest.

    5th game on my hunter alt : 2 boster teams. 3v3 isn't that good either.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •