Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,435
    "I hate the game and i wont tell ya why."


    Good thread, good thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I like how you just pulled out a number out of the ether and expect people to take it seriously.
    You can literally see how people are gearing through various websites. The person you are replying to is not wrong in the slightest.
    PvPLeaderboard
    TheLootDistrict

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    What seems to be the problem?
    Can't you read?? Or just trolling stupid? "fuck pvp boosters and fuck blizzard for allowing them to ruin the game for the rest of the players"

    It's a solid point. I will not step into that shitshow and invest any time as long as gladiators are roaming free in low mmr and laughing their asses of in their stream.

    Other games have this problem, but at least
    "Valve massively improves Dota 2 beginner experience, bans smurfing"


    But whatever, this shady af company with kotick on top will keep milking their loyal (including me) customers until their analysts says otherwise.

  4. #144
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascatuan View Post
    Ok...how is this different than how the game currently is with more choices in gear? Every one t hat plays x class uses the same gear aside from the free gear they got from the vault...there are clear BiS that people have created as the meta and everyone just cookie cutters it anyway. One added solution could be to use stat templates while also allowing players to adjust the secondary stats by say moving 20% of haste into 10% crit and 10% vers as an example.
    You're mixing one issue with another. Stop it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You can literally see how people are gearing through various websites. The person you are replying to is not wrong in the slightest.
    PvPLeaderboard
    TheLootDistrict
    It's cute that you think those sites are remotely accurate.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It's cute that you think those sites are remotely accurate.
    I'm guessing, of course you, that have more reliable sources that you just forgot to add?

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by h8ryan View Post
    you realize boosters can just tank their own rating to game your own requirements right?

    what you want and think we need is a system where if you achieve a rating you will always play at that rating across all characters regardless of if you lose rating and that just wouldn't work either.

    boosting in wow will always be a thing, why not work to get to a point where you aren't getting 2v1'd by someone who has moderately better gear than you

    - - - Updated - - -





    problem solved how? I boost people and tank my ratings down to 1400 to play bad players so that my boost goes more smoothly

    how would you combat me just purposefully losing rating so that I can play people at 1400 in the 2v2 bracket?
    Something on the lines with how Overwatch works. I dont imagine anyone there decides "Hey my rank is 3500, lets lose 60+ matches in a row so I get low enough. What people do there is buy another account and dick around in lower brackets.

    You can even play placement matches at the start of each season. Staying in each tier could give rewards. I bet there could be put in some kind of system were you pick up if someone loses ALOT of games in a row to tank rating

  7. #147
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I'm guessing, of course you, that have more reliable sources that you just forgot to add?
    Playing the game is a good start. That being said there are no reliable sources as acti/blizz has been pretty tight lipped on that stuff for a while now. There are logs of course but seeing as how those go by the people that have the addon installed to track what's going on and not everyone has said addon to track things there's no real way of knowing.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    +1

    I just stopped doing arenas, not really fun at my low rating, I should get ppl like me, not people on glad mounts.
    I abhor boosters in general and people making getting boosts the norm.

    To OP: It's because of the gear vendors and because they are bis for Pve. Not sure why the WOD gear route was not ok. It does seem like they did it on purpose, I refuse to believe they are at a level of stupid that could not have predicted the outcome.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honey, that IS the issue. You should be able to get to 1600 with some work. But you should never be able to win versus boosters, and you dont. There are so many boosters you actually hardly ever get to meet people like you. Do you understand now what the issue is?

    Because you seem to think that you only get some boosters once every blue moon, not a continuous wave of boosters. You maybe also think that these boosters are icompetent and someone struggling to get into 1600 can beat someone with glad experience. If you are able to, you don't belong into 1600s either. This is what the op is complaining about - never ever getting to play against ppl at the proper rating and #only# getting pitted against boosters. I hope i explained it clear enough...

    And you know why you get pitted against boosters only? Because ppl like the op and like me who actually belong in low rating, stopped doing arenas.
    I started with a Rogue, got to 2.1k in 2v2 as Sub rogue / MM Hunter week 1, and 2.4k after the insane and completely unjustified (only when compared to other classes, they were completely justified if warriors got an 80% nerf to condemn and 30% overall damage nerf as well, or rets got a 90% damage nerf, or combust was removed from the game, or ele shamans got a 30% overall damage nerf and lost Astral protection/ didnt have 40% damage reduction from armor, or holy paladins didnt crit for 20k etc.).

    we obviously met close to no boosters, and the few we did meet we just clapped, met plenty of glads and R1's, and neither me or my friend has a single glad title.

    Since rogues were insanely useless in PvE I rerolled for my raid team, and went Feral, since I despise boomkin. Played Feral Hunter to 2.1k, and Jungle cleave when it was garbage to the same rating. this was after everyone was fully geared with 40k HP, aka around 227 ilvl. my druid had no gear, and when we hit 2.1k I was 209 ilvl. so it took a few games to get there, with a priest who has never played PVP before and was new to healing. I could count the amount of boosters we met on 1 hand.

    Then I went Resto shaman for my raid team, played Resto shaman / WW Monk to 2.1k, that took a lot of games, struggled with the comp auto losing to War/Hpal which has infested the ladder, same as any other comp we have played, imagine doing Physical damage against the TANKIEST classes in the game, and they just so happen to be plate, and all of the classes ive mentioned so far, does no damage to high armour classes Rogues doing roughly 80% phys, and only having 30% ARP, hunters doing around the same with no ARP, Ferals doing all their damage with Bite now with 0 ARP means hitting plate and shield users in RIP, and obviously WW monks suffer from the same issue.

    this took us around 300 games. this was very recent, and we met the highest amount of boosters I have ever seen, which means maybe 1 in 10 games, and actual R1 level players boosting happened maybe 3-4 times in 300 games. the rest were just random cheese glads that we played around with and laughed at.

    Done an RBG group for our none PVP friends to get gear, at 2.5k rating, met plenty of russian boosters, and a few really good players like Walliriks and Clickz, or Nickp.
    Outside of meeting those amazingly skilled players the actual boosters was very rarely a problem for a grp with 3 ppl who has any real experience with PVP. I just played my rogue and we won on off-bases. we had as close to no experience in RBG's as you can get. None of the actual pvp'ers except me ever did RBG's and I only did RBG's in MoP to something like 2.2k rating, and never played it after that untill Shadow lands.

    I understand that meeting boosters can be frustrating, and I honestly agree that it is unhealthy for the game, I also think the boosters are partially responsible and it isnt just on Blizzard, as I used to boost back in the day, I stopped doing it for multiple reasons, but the morality of it was definitely one of the reasons. I despise cheaters, in any competitive setting I think cheating is unforgiveable, I think all bans should be permanent, and if there was a Real life consequence similar to if you commited Fraud, with prison time, that would make my day. I spent a lot of my time trying to make it in the pro CSGO scene, and it is beyond fucked by cheaters, even had a cheater on my team in King of Nordic once, and if I knew his adress or full name, I would most likely be behind bars now, Implicating your team mates like that is the scummiest shit I've ever experienced, and resulted in me giving up on my dream.

    Boosting isnt exactly cheating, but I would call it a not so distant cousin.

    but as frustrating as it is, people (especially in this thread) are exaggerating big time about this boosting issue. they are so low skilled they dont even know what a booster looks like. and most of the ppl they meet who they call "boosters" are just people going to low MMR to farm their Conquest caps, the extend of the boost they are doing is a Conquest boost at worst, where they will log on their Mains who have gotten to 1.8k maybe 2.1k in RBG's for gear, and they "boost" their friends alt to conquest cap. This isnt exactly the same kind of boosting as glads and R1's boosting rating.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Playing the game is a good start. That being said there are no reliable sources as acti/blizz has been pretty tight lipped on that stuff for a while now. There are logs of course but seeing as how those go by the people that have the addon installed to track what's going on and not everyone has said addon to track things there's no real way of knowing.
    So basically, you're denying the literal proof in front of you for no actual reason. You don't need an addon for the websites I linked above, armoury literally shows all that info.

    Good to know literally everything you say is baseless and can be ignored in future!

  10. #150
    The best thing blizzard could do would be to remove war mode, arenas, BG, Litterally every thing PvP related, To in a way ”Force” PvPers to move on and find a better game for their needs.

    Because they really don’t like the current state of the game.. but they also refuse to leave, So the best idea would be to just force them out.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  11. #151
    The Lightbringer msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    The best thing blizzard could do would be to remove war mode, arenas, BG, Litterally every thing PvP related, To in a way ”Force” PvPers to move on and find a better game for their needs.

    Because they really don’t like the current state of the game.. but they also refuse to leave, So the best idea would be to just force them out.
    This is actually an interesting idea.

    There's 2 types of PVPers I've met. One we'll call the Classic pvper. These people suddenly decided they like PVP now when Classic came out because they get to gank keyboard turners, afk world buffers and 1 shot people in 1v1s and stunlock people from 100-0 after using about 3-4 consumes, including Engi stuff. They legit find that type of PVP fun.

    Then you have people who like to campaign PVP. They basically only want to do rated PVP and progress their character through it and sit and stare at lobbies until their queue pops. These are the people who try to inject merit into PVP and want everything to be all organized and balanced and cute and reasonable and will play 20-40 minute dampening, stalemate games just because.

    Wouldn't miss either type of player if they were gone, tbh and I wouldn't miss honor talents. All the PVP stuff is just convoluted gobbily goop that is impossible for Blizzard to balance.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    The best thing blizzard could do would be to remove war mode, arenas, BG, Litterally every thing PvP related, To in a way ”Force” PvPers to move on and find a better game for their needs.

    Because they really don’t like the current state of the game.. but they also refuse to leave, So the best idea would be to just force them out.
    You do realise that the main reason the game pop is down something like 80% from its peak is because pvp is shit, right? Do you want to have only 100k players left doing nothing but the latest raid tier and torghast Pvp was the main focus of the game in tbc and wrath, they need to get back to that and stop treating it like a mini-game. It doesn't have to be an esport, it just has to be fun.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    You do realise that the main reason the game pop is down something like 80% from its peak is because pvp is shit, right? Do you want to have only 100k players left doing nothing but the latest raid tier and torghast Pvp was the main focus of the game in tbc and wrath, they need to get back to that and stop treating it like a mini-game. It doesn't have to be an esport, it just has to be fun.
    I rather have completely shut down game than PvP players.

    So 100k would be decent, as long as they merge servers.

    I've played plenty of games that would only dream of having 100k players, and it was still quick to get groups and do stuff in those games.

    100k players is a lot more than you think it is.
    Last edited by Nalam the Venom; 2021-04-07 at 02:55 PM.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  14. #154
    Brewmaster Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    So basically, you're denying the literal proof in front of you for no actual reason. You don't need an addon for the websites I linked above, armoury literally shows all that info.

    Good to know literally everything you say is baseless and can be ignored in future!
    I gave you the reasons why, they weren't good enough for you so you ignored them. That doesn't change what I said or how things are. Nice try.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I gave you the reasons why, they weren't good enough for you so you ignored them. That doesn't change what I said or how things are. Nice try.
    You gave reasons, you didn't give any form of source or alternative. Your comment is literally just denying proof. Either way, wasn't my arguement to begin with, it just let everyone see that there's no point arguing with someone who literally denies proof lol.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    The best thing blizzard could do would be to remove war mode, arenas, BG, Litterally every thing PvP related, To in a way ”Force” PvPers to move on and find a better game for their needs.

    Because they really don’t like the current state of the game.. but they also refuse to leave, So the best idea would be to just force them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    This is actually an interesting idea.

    There's 2 types of PVPers I've met. One we'll call the Classic pvper. These people suddenly decided they like PVP now when Classic came out because they get to gank keyboard turners, afk world buffers and 1 shot people in 1v1s and stunlock people from 100-0 after using about 3-4 consumes, including Engi stuff. They legit find that type of PVP fun.

    Then you have people who like to campaign PVP. They basically only want to do rated PVP and progress their character through it and sit and stare at lobbies until their queue pops. These are the people who try to inject merit into PVP and want everything to be all organized and balanced and cute and reasonable and will play 20-40 minute dampening, stalemate games just because.

    Wouldn't miss either type of player if they were gone, tbh and I wouldn't miss honor talents. All the PVP stuff is just convoluted gobbily goop that is impossible for Blizzard to balance.
    If you're going to remove things from the game on the basis of having complaining participants, you would need to remove everything from the game. You're both forgetting the number one rule of game forums: crying babies are not necessarily representative of general sentiment.

    And IMO, the theory that PvPers are the ones who want things to be balanced is completely backwards. I think it is more the casual folk who clamor for balance so they can be competitive on their pet spec (as if that's the thing that is holding them back from being a gladiator anyway.) Anyone who would actually be able to play in competitive brackets is a lot more likely to pick what works for the expansion or season without being emotionally driven to play an inferior spec. The balance is that everyone has the same access to the factions, classes, covenants, specs, etc.

    As far as this thread goes, however, there are some legitimate complaints about CR and MMR. It does not mean the whole thing is garbage to say there are some pretty easy solutions to obvious problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •