Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Or they just had no idea how to fully fit the timey timey shit full regarding Draenor itself. And while it did SET UP the Legion's invasion, that in itself wasn't the main focus of WoD. WoD as a whole was moreso a filler expansion compared to Legion, BFA, and SL. Legion was about the Burning Legion's greatest attack against Azeroth, and us fighting back against them as well as Sargeras himself, and it was about Order Vs Disorder basically (With the Titan spirits, Azeroth, the creations of the Titans, etc Vs the forces of the Twisting Nether). BFA was about the climax of the Alliance and Horde Conflict, as well as N'Zoth and the Black Empire's rise and defeat. And SL is about Life Vs Death, the true expansion of the Warcraft Cosmos, as well as us realizing who the fuck caused all this shit to begin with, AND it's about us dealing with the so called "Enemy of All".
    But was it really a question anyone asked?

"What if Sargeras was manipulated to create the Burning Legion because some biggerer and strongerer bad guy wanted more death" sounds like the premise of a bad Dragon Ball fanfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    If you PvE and don't like M+, you're probably not having fun in SL.
    If you PvP and don't like Arena or RBGs, you're probably not having fun in SL.

Game is way too e-sports oriented these days. It's pure cancer.
    Can confirm, am a PvE player, was having fun until the usual m+ cancer meta shit started up again.

I don't think im ever coming back if they don't change m+ in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Can confirm, am a PvE player, was having fun until the usual m+ cancer meta shit started up again.

I don't think im ever coming back if they don't change m+ in some way.
    What's wrong with m+ and what do u want changed?

Shadowlands isn't motivating. And 9.1 being months away doesn't help either. I loved the first 4 weeks of Shadowlands, it was really great. But my fun decreased rapidly after that due to all the time gating and the lack of content. It feels like the excitement for the expansion dropped very fast and people just moved on already.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Are we going to need soul ash after 9.1, I honestly don't know.... but, I keep doing Snoreghast just in case
    I doubt it. You can prolly expect to get a nice new currency to grind up to upgrade them or you will need 12,500 soul ash to do it. Torgash will now drop 5600 per run.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    1) Not enough rewards, and I'm not just talking gear. Seasonal sets would go a long way.

2) Timers aren't fun, and only serve to reinforce the meta.

3) There aren't enough dungeons, and the ones we have are pretty soulless. Feels like an AI designed them.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    1) Not enough rewards, and I'm not just talking gear. Seasonal sets would go a long way.

2) Timers aren't fun, and only serve to reinforce the meta.

3) There aren't enough dungeons, and the ones we have are pretty soulless. Feels like an AI designed them.
    I only do m+. Adding more would be cool woth me. I disagree abt the timer. I dont raid because I can't commit to a raid schedule or longer play sessions. I think there are a lot of players like me. So m+ is our main content. The timer helps ensure it moves fast and doesn't have to be balanced around waiting for our cds before each hard pull. Also fun pre-planning the route and thinking about when to use cds balancing the time saved vs strength of the pack we are defeating. I get why some players dont like it but I think it serves a good purpose

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Yeah, I getcha. The issue is that SL's not a filler expansion. Lore-wise, it's arguably the most important WoW expansion next to Legion, and arguably more-so than Wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

So, them pulling a WoD here would be fucking weird.

- - - Updated - - -

The Old Gods are gone. Sorry you and almost everyone else are still in denial about this. They could return in some way from the VOID! But that's it. Light and Shadow is the likely next conflict we'll have to face.
    I'm not sure that i'm the one that is in denial ^^'
    But we'll see.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I see even less reason why it doesn't, when they have proven in it past that it can be the case.
    You could play old WoW nonstop because there were far more timesinks in it and people were just far less knowledgeable about the game, compared to nowadays where every bit of info is a wowhead search away and you can speed through all the content in a fraction of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    You could play old WoW nonstop because there were far more timesinks in it and people were just far less knowledgeable about the game, compared to nowadays where every bit of info is a wowhead search away and you can speed through all the content in a fraction of the time.
    One doesn't have to go back to cavemen days.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    The toxic e-sports meta environment of it is the problem.

Removing the timer, and adjustments to allow for removing the timer, would go a long way.

A lot of the Covenant content is exclusive. Though yhey can swap, people are encouraged to stay loyal (meta) rather than swap (content).

Casuals either can't get in or gear up to a satisfactory rate in M+ with less gear drops. (Hard wall on progression felt, even if not true.)

There was no new class or races to play as this expac. Significant lack of something new to play with.

There were no significant new-style class revamps this expac (those that got ones were regressions, not innovations).

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    WoD was alot of things. Blizzard saw subscriptions skyrocket by almost 3 million after it went down alot throughout MoP. But that didn't last apparently and Blizzard realized that the expansion wasn't capturing people as much as they thought (imho it was a badly timed movie tie-in that backfired). One major patch (!) was a bit of social media integration for example. Blizzard went all out with the development for Legion, but like everytime Blizzard does that, they need to practically abandon the current expansion because their resources are alot more limited than we acknowledge. The content draught at the end of every expansion is the result of these limited resources. They might have had more content planned, like the Island to the north that was often talked about, but at the end of the day Blizzard delivered the minimum for raiding focused on the next expansion.
    WoD = RAID OR DIE

Did you even play the expansion in the last half of it? The servers were empty, every guild struggled to maintain active raiding and everything lead to LEGIONs TF/M+/loot-lottery that was targeted for casuals having no longer a hard und cruel gearprogression wall.

I liked WoD just as much as I liked other expansions, but the game was dead, everything was tailored for raiders and nothing else.

I really doubt you played WoD or just participated as a content tourist for a few weeks. It was the worst iteration of WoW for the casual playerbase.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    everything was tailored for raiders and nothing else.
    By everything you mean "the existence of raids"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The toxic e-sports meta environment of it is the problem.

Removing the timer, and adjustments to allow for removing the timer, would go a long way.
    Why can't you just accept that some content in the game just isn't for you?
    A lot of players find M+ fun and engaging.

I find rated PvP stupid and therefore I don't do it and I don't demand it removed.
    I find transmog suitable for 8 year old girls and I don't do it, but I don't demand it removed.

It is a very toxic way of treating your fellow gamers to demand to get something removed from the game that they enjoy, but that you are unable/unwilling to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    WoD = RAID OR DIE

Did you even play the expansion in the last half of it? The servers were empty, every guild struggled to maintain active raiding and everything lead to LEGIONs TF/M+/loot-lottery that was targeted for casuals having no longer a hard und cruel gearprogression wall.

I liked WoD just as much as I liked other expansions, but the game was dead, everything was tailored for raiders and nothing else.

I really doubt you played WoD or just participated as a content tourist for a few weeks. It was the worst iteration of WoW for the casual playerbase.
    I'm not sure where I claimed otherwise? I specifically said that the only content Blizzard delivered during WoD was for raiding (and some last ditch effort with Tanan tbh), though even there they only they had 3 raids, 2 of which were launch content. The rest was just the same boring apxis crystal daily shit and after being heavily criticized for only having garrison and mission table stuff they doubled down towards the end with the ludicrous ship yard. Yes it was raid or die but it was obvious that all the development resources went to Legion, because it certainly wans't a couple more raids for WoD either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read a post in here like 6 pages back and someone was calling the player base "apes" because they aren't addicted to a mediocre, phoned in mobile game and "quit 3 weeks in". Um, how long do you need to play a game before you decide it's not for you? The 3 weeks thing is pure addict rhetoric. People refund games in 2 hours, let alone weeks lmao, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Why can't you just accept that some content in the game just isn't for you?
    A lot of players find M+ fun and engaging.

I find rated PvP stupid and therefore I don't do it and I don't demand it removed.
    I find transmog suitable for 8 year old girls and I don't do it, but I don't demand it removed.

It is a very toxic way of treating your fellow gamers to demand to get something removed from the game that they enjoy, but that you are unable/unwilling to do.
    Ah it's still following me around. Adorable.

I think i've made it pretty clear m+ in it's current state is not for me. The problem is it's an unignorable part of the PvE structure of the game, especially for alts.

I don't recall calling for it to be removed. Have a quote?

I should just put you on ignore, but your pathetic attempts to paint me as toxic because you didn't like me pointing out the reality of toxic m+ pugging, are entertaining.

Actually nm, i'm pretty bored of your braindead takes. Goodbye idiot.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2021-03-24 at 08:49 AM.