Is it possible to ignore a thread?

A lot of threads here stay alive when the op stubbornly sticks to a perspective everyone disagrees with, but it stays alive because people can’t seem to stop arguing with them.

In the most recent of these (the inane “ranged tank” thread) I ignored the op but the thread keeps popping up.

I actually have a vested interest in this topic due to certain posters being EVERYWHERE and their inane responses bumping things into artificially heightened visibility. I'd love for ignore to go that deep that I don't see those bumps.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-03-20 at 08:18 PM.

You can have said fewer words to get the "I don't want to see things I and others don't agree with" point across.

I agree that Teriz is insufferable in every thread he creates or pops up in, but this thread in particular is ridiculous.

Apparently the OP wants to control how this website works just because he disagreed with some random guy in a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe the Maid View Post
    Apparently the OP wants to control how this website works just because he disagreed with some random guy in a thread.
    Nah, it makes sense that if you ignore someone their stuff doesn't show up for you.
    And he's not trying to control the website, he's coming with a suggestion and feedback, as the forum suggests he should do

Imagine having so little self control that you need technical support for this.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2021-03-21 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It's unlikely we'll change this. You can use various adblock extensions to accomplish that.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51127791
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I think this will work, only partially tested:

Code:
    mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored
    mmo-champion.com#?#li.postcontainer:-abp-has(> div.postdetails >   div.userinfo > dl.userinfo_extra >   dd:-abp-contains(/^([0-9]|1[0-9]|20)$/))

The first one already mentioned before hides ignored users totally, the second one hides users with a post count of 20 or less.

Add it to the filters list in Adblock or uBlock. The bit between the slashes at the end is a Regex expression and means - a digit, or a 1 followed by a digit, or 20. It can be changed accordingly.
    That should work for your purposes. Since this isn't the place to complain about other users, I'm locking this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |