Poll: Sylvanas is...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

Evil:
    Created a plague to wipe out not only the Scourge but all of the living as well.
    Created a plague to wipe out the Worgen
    Used the Val'kyr to raise Undead like the Lich King
    Allied with literal WoW Satan
    Started a war involving the cosmic powers of Death
    Used living humanoids to experiment on and then experimented on DKs after WOTLK
    Manipulated hundreds of people in believing she cares about them only to amass to millions of people years later and abandon them all together after claiming they are nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    Used the Forsaken as "arrows in her quiver" *sic*
    Burned Teldrassil leaving millions dead and thousands homeless
    Committed genocide against the Night Elves
    Committed genocide against the Gilneans
    Committed genocide against wild life
    Allied with Azshara to kill as many people as people causing N'zoth to be free and also kill as many as possible
    Started a war to kill many people as possible
    Gassed her own civilain's city leaving them homeless
    Abandoned her boyfriend to be killed
    Killed Saurfang
    Wanted and tried to kill her sisters ..three times. [MoP, BfA x2]
    Manipulated the Forsaken to worship her as a savior and deity cult like figure.
    Killed Calia and many insurrectionists
    And she killed Sparky too.

Neutral:
    Called for a tactical retreat on the Broken Shore which caused many Alliance deaths including Varian Wrynn and Tirion Fordring* (Could've been saved if we would've killed Gul'dan and rescued him from Krosus's pool)

Good:
    Gave the Forsaken a new purpose
    Protected their ancestral homelands
    Avenged Vol'jin ..technically speaking by sending Horde heroes to help Nightborne, aid Kirin Tor, and to kill Gul'dan.
    Evil? Yes.
    Most evil? Hell no.
    Misunderstood. Also no.

Honestly even one of those things would send her to the maw, but she has many of them under her belt.
    Redemption for Sylvanas would consist of a somewhat noble end trying to atone for what she has done, but most likely she'll just suffer an end.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    So, if you're a genocidal maniac who's ruled a life of tyranny, evil, etc, you don't deserve eternal torment? Really?
    If you really think that they do, then people like Greymane will also go to the Maw. I'm sure existing (and being tormented) can still give some people joy, especially considering some people love pain. So yeah, lack of existence is the biggest punishment available, not some hell type of dimension preached by some religions (not bashing any here, just stating my opinion).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Honestly even one of those things would send her to the maw, but she has many of them under her belt.
    If that's the truth then half of the alliance would go to the Maw lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    If you really think that they do, then people like Greymane will also go to the Maw. I'm sure existing (and being tormented) can still give some people joy, especially considering some people love pain. So yeah, lack of existence is the biggest punishment available, not some hell type of dimension preached by some religions (not bashing any here, just stating my opinion).

- - - Updated - - -

"I'm not bashing anyone here, just stating my opinion that is clearly meant to provoke a response and is based on extremely faulty logic." Furthermore, your avatar is a very transparently Jesus as a NPC wojack. I think it's very obvious that you're just adding these on as addendums that have a faulty and loose relationship to the actual topic at hand because you want to engage in religion-bashing.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2021-04-29 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    ...Oh boy, let's start with the "pros" shall we?

1. "collateral damage" Cause the murder of your own faction's troops plus the Alliance while they were assaulting the LK was a totally smart move, right? No. Sylvanas and Putress were just dumb there.

2. Nuclear warfare to slaughter a bunch of troops despite your Warchief directly not telling you too and to just claim the land for the Horde is imo deeply troubling and dumb, tbh.

3. "Had 9 Val'kyr" Pretty sure they still exist, and are collectively all dying in 9.1.

4. Burning Teldrassil is still genocide, whether or not you have a Nelf hate-boner.

5. Killing Saurfang is fine, since Saurfang wanted to die anyway and he wanted to prove a point that Sylvanas is a bitch...which happened.

And 6. Not sure how this is a "con" since her Voice has been the same since Wrath, at the very least.

Now for the Cons:

1. She did care. That's why they're still not really gone-gone it seems.

2. "Love story" Nathanos and Sylvanas have 1 dialogue scene together, and Nathanos simps for her half the time anyway. Pretty sure the Jailer's the true sugar daddy here.

3. Not really a con. It's more just her showing her true colors against the Alliance and the Horde, which makes sense in a narrative standpoint since the Forsaken were weird since Day 1, and Sylvanas has been shady asf since the end of Wrath. Not to mention all the clues of another Death expac after Wrath, Varimathras, etc.

4. SL Lore is fine. Also, the "split zones" are also fine, and them feeling nothing like WoW is great. That's the fucking point. SL is a cosmic realm, so it's supposed to be different. Did you just not get it? Or?

And 5. Her VC's been the same since Wrath. Stop.
    Found the RP'er

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    "I'm not bashing anyone here, just stating my opinion that is clearly meant to provoke a response and is based on extremely faulty logic." Furthermore, your avatar is a very transparently Jesus as a NPC wojack. I think it's very obvious that you're just adding these on as addendums that have a faulty and loose relationship to the actual topic at hand because you want to engage in religion-bashing.
    Well, it is just your opinion that the afterlife fantasy is all that most religions have to offer, not mine. What type of inferno do you believe in? IMO the only real one is a reality we live in. Also I'm not wojak, my avatar is a joke about NPC-people and some malding streamer with clean d*ck.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2021-04-30 at 12:31 AM.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Well, it is just your opinion that the afterlife fantasy is all that most religions have to offer, not mine. What type of inferno do you believe in? IMO the only real one is a reality we live in. Also I'm not wojak, my avatar is a joke about NPC-people and some malding streamer with clean d*ck.
    Yes. The NPC image is what's called a "wojak". That's what those images are called.

Also, you continue to very transparently use deliberately faulty logic to come to conclusions and religion-bait. You are visibly using the most derogatory possible language in hopes of gaining a vitriolic response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If you have some form of personal disagreement, then take it to PM's. Otherwise, this back and forth isn't relevant to the thread and needs to discontinue.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Evil? Yeah absolutely. Most Evil? Nah not quite but moreso because she'll do anything, no matter how bad, to save herself and get power. She's Neutral Evil as opposed to the Old Gods/Void Lords that are Chaotic Evil and absolutely want to make everything as bad as possible forever for everyone for lols.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Evil? Yeah absolutely. Most Evil? Nah not quite but moreso because she'll do anything, no matter how bad, to save herself and get power. She's Neutral Evil as opposed to the Old Gods/Void Lords that are Chaotic Evil and absolutely want to make everything as bad as possible forever for everyone for lols.
    I would agree with that. Most Evil maybe would fit Sargeras

- - - Updated - - -

Not entirely certain which ones you're referring to.
    Though given your sig and pic i think i can see already how seriously you are to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Not entirely certain which ones you're referring to.
    Though given your sig and pic i think i can see already how seriously you are to be taken.
    I think you should listen to mod instead trying to virtue signal stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If you have some form of personal disagreement, then take it to PM's. Otherwise, this back and forth isn't relevant to the thread and needs to discontinue.
    But here you got a list of Alliance sins:

Humans put Orcs in concentration camps.

Humans abandoned a group of Blood Elves to the Scourge to die.

Humans chased away the Forsaken when they tried to contact their families.

Dwarves mined in Tauren land without permission.

Humans sank a Goblin slave ship killing many innocent Goblins.

Tauren are considered savages by many Humans and Night Elves.

Thrall himself was a prisoner for many years in a human concentration camp, despite this he grew to be neutral and did not seek bloodshed between the races - however he was no fool and (rightfully) distrusted the Alliance after what they did to him.

An army of Humans and Dwarves destroyed a peaceful Tauren village in the Barrens and killed every Tauren inhabiting it, even the children.

The General of said camp, Twinbraid later killed Goblin civilians.

Despite his atrocities, Twinbraid was promoted to High Marshall of the Alliance and given command of a giant enemy by the HighKing, Varian.

Night Elves and Cenarius try to kill Grom Hellscream and warsong. Without trying to talk first.

Worgen try to invade the territory of the forsaken.

Jaina proudmoore purges Dalaran of the Sunreavers.

Night Elves loathe Blood Elves as they are an offshoot of High Elves, who seceded from Night Elven society, the Night Elves viewed sedition as an act of treason, and Night Elves never forgive or forget.

----------

Basically no one is saint in this world where war is a craft ...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Sylvanas is evil, the only ones who misunderstand are those still defending her.

So she doesn't want to go to the maw (Where she'd be going for a reason), her solution? Condemn countless *other* people to that same maw, just to avoid having to go there herself, totally not evil!
    Considering that not even folks responsible for the annihilation of entire planets end up in the Maw (not at first, anyway), it's hard to see why should exactly pre-BfA Sylv be sent there without even a chance to redeem herself at the hands of dem vampire bois/gurls.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Considering that not even folks responsible for the annihilation of entire planets end up in the Maw (not at first, anyway), it's hard to see why should exactly pre-BfA Sylv be sent there without even a chance to redeem herself at the hands of dem vampire bois/gurls.
    Even then, let's say that her vision of the maw was fake (Probably another of Mueh'zala's tricks or whatever), and she was earmarked to be whipping-girl of some Venthyr instead, her response *still* consists of condemning innumerable souls to that same place she's so desperate to avoid, she knows where they'll end up, and she still does it, starting a needless war to speed it all up as well, still evil, no matter how you slice it.

Even if, in some convoluted way, Sylvanas' intentions aren't purely selfish, the method of her plan is utterly reprehensible.

yeah just misunderstood, you know like killed thousands of night elve, their hometown

only misunderstood heh

I think you should listen to mod instead trying to virtue signal stuff

But here you got a list of Alliance sins:

Humans put Orcs in concentration camps.

Humans abandoned a group of Blood Elves to the Scourge to die.

Humans chased away the Forsaken when they tried to contact their families.

Dwarves mined in Tauren land without permission.

Humans sank a Goblin slave ship killing many innocent Goblins.

Tauren are considered savages by many Humans and Night Elves.

Thrall himself was a prisoner for many years in a human concentration camp, despite this he grew to be neutral and did not seek bloodshed between the races - however he was no fool and (rightfully) distrusted the Alliance after what they did to him.

An army of Humans and Dwarves destroyed a peaceful Tauren village in the Barrens and killed every Tauren inhabiting it, even the children.

The General of said camp, Twinbraid later killed Goblin civilians.

Despite his atrocities, Twinbraid was promoted to High Marshall of the Alliance and given command of a giant enemy by the HighKing, Varian.

Night Elves and Cenarius try to kill Grom Hellscream and warsong. Without trying to talk first.

Worgen try to invade the territory of the forsaken.

Jaina proudmoore purges Dalaran of the Sunreavers.

Night Elves loathe Blood Elves as they are an offshoot of High Elves, who seceded from Night Elven society, the Night Elves viewed sedition as an act of treason, and Night Elves never forgive or forget.

----------

Basically no one is saint in this world where war is a craft ...
    And with this too i am uncertain of what you refer to, also i don't think the mod addressed me at all.

But if either of one is to be certain about anything the other means it might be a good idea for you to improve your English.
    https://www.duolingo.com/course/en/ar/Learn-English

She is a fourth wall breaking dead pool.

I realized this when she yell through the computer screen can call me nothing. WOW! That is actually true. Why my highmountain tauren in horde? Why my druid that just join this stupid horde were helping to burn down night elf homes, first mission in that expansion was 'she is using poison gas to both sides'? why saurfang defect and I can only watch and not follow.

Answer is that "I am nothing".

Now we just need Auduin to yell through the computer screen to my face : "why are you here in shadowland, you are pathetic".
    Last edited by gobio; 2021-05-12 at 02:12 AM.