View Poll Results: Sylvanas is...

Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • She's Evil

    166 67.76%
  • She's Good

    20 8.16%
  • She's Misunderstood

    59 24.08%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    The Patient Yuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Of course... because fuck Alliance, fuck the Horde that didnt wanted to bear a stigma of genocidal monsters, fuck the night elves and horde soldier souls who are now in the Maw suffering probably worst possible agony in the universe, fuck Anduin being turned into an elaborate sock puppet and fuck Tyrande who bears the burden of avenging her people. Fuck generally speaking whole Warcraft universe and its Life and Death cycle! None of that is more important or deserves more validation, praise and love then undead goth emo “kween”.
    You, sir, can't read. What has that to do with my post at all?

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-03-24 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    WoW gives all players a glimpse of lore, but delivers well thought-out books for the nerds. Forums like MMO-C are the hotspot of discussion, because every reader reads a book different, and every player reads a game different, not everyone played every quest, and not everyone read every book. Sylvanas' character motivation is the most obvious example of that.

  2. #102
    Pit Lord Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

    According to this video, apparently Sylvanas is "just misunderstood, and these new writers are "treating her like a villain" cause they don't understand women, or the abuse they were given throughout their lives", even tho I can give many examples on why Sylvanas is as evil as a MoonGuard players sinstone.
    Not all RPrs play on Moon Guard are like 'that' lol

    Also that video is just... idk. Incorrect?

    Another day, another Deal....

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Not all RPrs play on Moon Guard are like 'that' lol

    Also that video is just... idk. Incorrect?
    I know...I AM A MOONGUARD PLAYER!

    Also, the video is completely wrong.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    She goes on and on about life and death, death, what happens with death etc. She doesn't want destroy everything, at what point did the writers or sylv point at that at all? If she wanted the destruction of everything she would have sided with Sargeras and the Legion in Legion. *if* she is right and *if* she manages to succeed in un-breaking the shadowlands then aren't those relatively small amount of lives (which a lot will come out the other end) worth the sacrifice to save the souls for the rest of time? You seem to be missing the point that THAT is EXACTLY what Blizzard meant by Sylv being morally grey? Arthas was morally grey when he purged Stratholme and Sylv is morally grey when she 'purged' azeroth. Both did it for the greater good.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Everyone else on Azeroth *is* incompetent vs the leaders of the shadowlands. In fact the only way to get even remotely close to any of it was through long laid plans executed by the Jailer. She was incompetent, her competence comes mostly from the power gifted to her from the Jailer. She wouldn't have had a chance vs Arthas to get the helm of dom and split it to open the way.

    My logic isn't built around trusting her at all, it's built around how the writers are driving a clear narrative here. My logic is built around the fact that without that drive and reasoning that Sylv is just some evil chad with no motivation and lied fabricating a very clear and obvious motivation that would make a lot of sense and has been hinted at in game and in books since what... legion?

    What do you mean there is no arguing here, are you legitimately trying to tell me that you are 100% right and there is no possibility whatsoever that you are wrong? Because that's the kind of arrogance I forgot you get on mmo-c.
    Talking about arrogance while taking a stance like yours is really rich.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    You, sir, can't read. What has that to do with my post at all?

    Infracted.
    Because you "signed" under a post that is essentially about that.

  5. #105
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    1,838
    No she is not the most evil character in Warcraft.
    No she is not misunderstood.

    She was a tragic character. Now shes also evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    TLDR: the character is incredibly misunderstood and i can't blame the players for it, because the key parts of understanding the character are hidden in novels, short stories, tiny quest texts, and a bunch of incredibly poorly portrayed BFA story beats. the writers have a solid character who i adore, but you have to jump through a million hoops to be here with her rn.

    ....
    So, she can't deal with rejection and makes everyone else pay for it. Let's remember that she was also behind the plague attack at the Wrathgate, that she ressurrected undead with the Valkyr in Cata already. And what did the good treatment by Anduin exactly gain the Alliance, or more specifically the night elves?

    Really? You can be sympathetic with someone who repays rejection by a loved one with genocide? Yeah, sure it wasn't her fault she was made into a zombie. But neither was it the fault of all those innocents she punished.

    She's just too cowardly to face death, she's a fucking drama queen.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    SNIP
    The video is just a lot of rubbish.

    Garrosh bombed Theramore, this youtuber would say "he evil!!!"
    Sylvanas bombed Darnassus, this youtuber says "she be misunderstood! Your a misogynist if you think different!"

    No - the character is a plague to the story. She was made Warchief for fan-service. Nothing more and the proof was in the writing.
    She invaded kaldorei land. A people she had no quarrels with and land that was always there's. Nobody come at me and say "Oh well it was Troll land..." No it wasn't. See the Troll Empire map. The whole of the north western side of Kalimdor did not belong to any tribe, barring a few dark troll settlements.
    She put Quel'Thalas into a position where it's the only line of defense for the Horde on the Eastern Kingdoms. She went out of her way to try and kill Lor'themar and Thalyssra - two characters who were still on her side, at the moment when Azshara broke the seas. She was prepared to see Silvermoon and Suramar go without their leaders. Suramar had only recently lost 1 leader.

    The sooner Windrunner is gone, like Illidan, the better the story...especially for the Blood Elves. I'm sick of having their story involve Sylvanas. Lor'themar Theron is their leader, not her...never her. Not some cretin corpse zombie.

  8. #108
    The poll choices are shit.

    Anyway, she's not even in the top 5 most evil characters in WoW. Hmm... If I had to describe her alignment...she's Michael Douglas' character in "Falling Down" taken to the extreme.

  9. #109
    Actually Bolvar is the true villain, pretending he isn't lich kingish, that he is a "good guy" he just want to level up n take the jailor's power...

    he will betray us, u will see!


  10. #110
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,651
    Even if Sylvanas is just evil, her misdeeds still pale in comparison to the likes of the Burning Legion, which have destroyed countless civilizations.

    Hell, there are worse people that are just footnotes on tombstones in Revendreth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    She's just too cowardly to face death, she's a fucking drama queen.
    Would you want to spend eternity in the Maw? Most people don't even want to spend enough time there to do daily quests.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Even if Sylvanas is just evil, her misdeeds still pale in comparison to the likes of the Burning Legion, which have destroyed countless civilizations.

    Hell, there are worse people that are just footnotes on tombstones in Revendreth.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Would you want to spend eternity in the Maw? Most people don't even want to spend enough time there to do daily quests.
    Her misdeeds are worse because the fact that all the souls that died during that war went to the Maw. Even Legion couldnt do that to a soul.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Her misdeeds are worse because the fact that all the souls that died during that war went to the Maw. Even Legion couldnt do that to a soul.
    Something she not only knew, but was the main reason for why she was trying to kill as many as possible.

  13. #113
    Banned Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    7,949
    Idk if Sylv gurl is the most evil character in WoW, but she's certainly the dumbest one. Imagine hating Arthas so much only to end up licking the boots of Arthas' employer lul.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Even if Sylvanas is just evil, her misdeeds still pale in comparison to the likes of the Burning Legion, which have destroyed countless civilizations.

    Hell, there are worse people that are just footnotes on tombstones in Revendreth.
    Well, aparently the Jailer and Denathrius first started the Burning Crusade by sending the Dreadlords to show Sargeras a void-infested planet and thus putting him on the path, most likely with the goal of also increasing the flow of souls into the Maw. Sylvanas is being manipulated just like the demons were. It is even quite possible that she was told to start the Blood War specifically because the Legion failed to kill everyone on Azeroth. That would also explain why she wasn't doing anything substantially during the Legion Invasion apart from trying to become immortal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Would you want to spend eternity in the Maw? Most people don't even want to spend enough time there to do daily quests.
    Nobody would, but Sylvanas deserved it. Ever since regaining her free will, she has been a murderous villain with no regard for anyone but herself. That she now tries to drop responsibility for that by denying the existence of free will is just typical for her. It's always someone else's fault when she goes murdering people. The Blood War was Genn's fault, Teldrassil is on Saurfang, all her other crimes because "The world is unfair, I deserve better."
    The fact that she has not once accepted responsibility for her cruel acts is also why I assume she could not be cleansed in Revendreth. For that she first would have to admit wrong-doing and that will never happen. Sylvanas quite literally would and will tear down reality before admitting that she has done something wrong.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Nobody would, but Sylvanas deserved it. Ever since regaining her free will, she has been a murderous villain with no regard for anyone but herself. That she now tries to drop responsibility for that by denying the existence of free will is just typical for her. It's always someone else's fault when she goes murdering people. The Blood War was Genn's fault, Teldrassil is on Saurfang, all her other crimes because "The world is unfair, I deserve better."
    The fact that she has not once accepted responsibility for her cruel acts is also why I assume she could not be cleansed in Revendreth. For that she first would have to admit wrong-doing and that will never happen. Sylvanas quite literally would and will tear down reality before admitting that she has done something wrong.
    Something something entire Blizzard development team self insert

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Well, aparently the Jailer and Denathrius first started the Burning Crusade by sending the Dreadlords to show Sargeras a void-infested planet and thus putting him on the path, most likely with the goal of also increasing the flow of souls into the Maw. Sylvanas is being manipulated just like the demons were. It is even quite possible that she was told to start the Blood War specifically because the Legion failed to kill everyone on Azeroth. That would also explain why she wasn't doing anything substantially during the Legion Invasion apart from trying to become immortal.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nobody would, but Sylvanas deserved it. Ever since regaining her free will, she has been a murderous villain with no regard for anyone but herself. That she now tries to drop responsibility for that by denying the existence of free will is just typical for her. It's always someone else's fault when she goes murdering people. The Blood War was Genn's fault, Teldrassil is on Saurfang, all her other crimes because "The world is unfair, I deserve better."
    The fact that she has not once accepted responsibility for her cruel acts is also why I assume she could not be cleansed in Revendreth. For that she first would have to admit wrong-doing and that will never happen. Sylvanas quite literally would and will tear down reality before admitting that she has done something wrong.
    One thing that bothers me in all of this. The Jailer kickstarted the creation of the Legion which led to the creation of the first Horde via Fel and the first two Wars. Was Sylvannas manipulated and the whole Horde with her or are they just a bunch of idiots? What about her loyalists? What about the Jailer? Is he an idiot for thinking that he could stand against an Old God or the Burning Legion?

  17. #117
    No she's hot so she's good

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Actually Bolvar is the true villain, pretending he isn't lich kingish, that he is a "good guy" he just want to level up n take the jailor's power...

    he will betray us, u will see!

    That just looks like the coolest version of LK Bolvar I've ever seen...

    Man, fuck Sylvanas.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    That just looks like the coolest version of LK Bolvar I've ever seen...

    Man, fuck Sylvanas.
    found it here
    https://www.deviantart.com/hoseinsharifi/gallery/all

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Nice. Bolvar ain't bad tho.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    One thing that bothers me in all of this. The Jailer kickstarted the creation of the Legion which led to the creation of the first Horde via Fel and the first two Wars. Was Sylvannas manipulated and the whole Horde with her or are they just a bunch of idiots? What about her loyalists? What about the Jailer? Is he an idiot for thinking that he could stand against an Old God or the Burning Legion?
    I'm sure he could 100% stand against the Void and the Legion. Why do you think N'Zoth's pissing his pants about the Jailer when we're fighting him?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    The poll choices are shit.

    Anyway, she's not even in the top 5 most evil characters in WoW. Hmm... If I had to describe her alignment...she's Michael Douglas' character in "Falling Down" taken to the extreme.
    "She's not even top 5"

    SHE IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN GARROSH!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •