Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    To upgrade to ilvl 220, i need Rival - but

    I do have the achievement of Rival this season, but then i started fooling around in 2s and it went down to 1300 rating.

    I cant upgrade my new weapon to more than 213 ilvl, does this mean i need current rating above 1800 to be able to upgrade weapon to 220 ilvl ?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by fragnot77 View Post
    I do have the achievement of Rival this season, but then i started fooling around in 2s and it went down to 1300 rating.

    I cant upgrade my new weapon to more than 213 ilvl, does this mean i need current rating above 1800 to be able to upgrade weapon to 220 ilvl ?
    yes /10char

  3. #3
    Ye its a bit silly how it currently works, encourages people to get 1800 in a bracket, never touch that bracket again, and just farm/mess around in the other brackets to farm conquest

  4. #4
    I would suggest buying boost, because a: blizzard dont mind, b: blizzard don't care for the sorry state pvp is in and c: unless you gear is already above 210 or you got fotm class, you won't pass 1600 because of all the other boosters/ 220 ilvl ppl that bought boost but dropped down

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    Ye its a bit silly how it currently works, encourages people to get 1800 in a bracket, never touch that bracket again, and just farm/mess around in the other brackets to farm conquest
    Worst is rank 1/glad players from 3s come to 2s and just fuck around at 1800 ruining people's chance to get 1800 because they heavily outgear and outskill them

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Worst is rank 1/glad players from 3s come to 2s and just fuck around at 1800 ruining people's chance to get 1800 because they heavily outgear and outskill them
    if you think it's r1 players keeping you from getting 1800 from 2s you need to reasses your skill capabilities. At 2100 I could see that because the skill difference between 2400 and 2000 is absolutely huge and your queue slows down in offtime, but at 1800, no. You can get 1800 on a new-ish char in a few days if you have friends and don't play WoW like singleplayer game.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    I would suggest buying boost, because a: blizzard dont mind, b: blizzard don't care for the sorry state pvp is in and c: unless you gear is already above 210 or you got fotm class, you won't pass 1600 because of all the other boosters/ 220 ilvl ppl that bought boost but dropped down
    This is just not true at all lol.

    You can get 1600 in 200 ilvl gear on any class in the game right now.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    This is just not true at all lol.

    You can get 1600 in 200 ilvl gear on any class in the game right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    if you think it's r1 players keeping you from getting 1800 from 2s you need to reasses your skill capabilities. At 2100 I could see that because the skill difference between 2400 and 2000 is absolutely huge and your queue slows down in offtime, but at 1800, no. You can get 1800 on a new-ish char in a few days if you have friends and don't play WoW like singleplayer game.
    Again yes if you play warrior,convoke balance,combust mage, frost death knight then yea because you can just spam any ability withouth being punished, try playing a warlock in 207 gear and tell me how easy it is

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shaqar View Post
    Again yes if you play warrior,convoke balance,combust mage, frost death knight then yea because you can just spam any ability withouth being punished, try playing a warlock in 207 gear and tell me how easy it is

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...re/cr%C3%ACsis

    This is my Warlock. It wasn't hard.

    Again, literally ANY class can hit 1600 in full 200 ilvl gear. But the fact that you think convoke druids and frost DKs are good basically tells me you wouldn't be 1600 with full 226 gear lol.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    if you think it's r1 players keeping you from getting 1800 from 2s you need to reasses your skill capabilities. At 2100 I could see that because the skill difference between 2400 and 2000 is absolutely huge and your queue slows down in offtime, but at 1800, no. You can get 1800 on a new-ish char in a few days if you have friends and don't play WoW like singleplayer game.
    I am actually 2200 now on multiple characters and I can confidently say 1800-2000 was harder than 2000-2200 because I don't meet rank 1 and gladiators nearly as often

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    if you think it's r1 players keeping you from getting 1800 from 2s you need to reasses your skill capabilities. At 2100 I could see that because the skill difference between 2400 and 2000 is absolutely huge and your queue slows down in offtime, but at 1800, no. You can get 1800 on a new-ish char in a few days if you have friends and don't play WoW like singleplayer game.
    I got 2k in 2v2 early season, because I was always keeping up with ilevel inflation and playing a meta comp (mage/rogue). It is just laughable to pretend that a new player - miles behind in ilevel - stands a chance in arena to hit 1800, even if they play a meta comp. Someone around 205 ilevel will be facing opponents who have 20-30% more damage and survivability, it takes a huge skill delta to overcome that, so to hit 1800 rating with such an ilevel deficit, you need the skill level of an experienced 2.4k+ player (basically a booster, and even some boosters struggle to play above 1800 in 2s just watch pikaboo struggle sometimes).

    Here's what people should do, start doing low cr yolo RBGs until you are 1600, gear up to 215 ilevel with a maxed legendary, and push for 1800 in tryhard voice comm RBGs, and then use the gear to have fun in arena. Pushing in arena with low gear is pointlessly masochistic.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    I got 2k in 2v2 early season, because I was always keeping up with ilevel inflation and playing a meta comp (mage/rogue). It is just laughable to pretend that a new player - miles behind in ilevel - stands a chance in arena to hit 1800, even if they play a meta comp. Someone around 205 ilevel will be facing opponents who have 20-30% more damage and survivability, it takes a huge skill delta to overcome that, so to hit 1800 rating with such an ilevel deficit, you need the skill level of an experienced 2.4k+ player (basically a booster, and even some boosters struggle to play above 1800 in 2s just watch pikaboo struggle sometimes).

    Here's what people should do, start doing low cr yolo RBGs until you are 1600, gear up to 215 ilevel with a maxed legendary, and push for 1800 in tryhard voice comm RBGs, and then use the gear to have fun in arena. Pushing in arena with low gear is pointlessly masochistic.
    This makes me cry, but I see your point. Pushing Arena with low gear atm truly feels masochistic...
    Also, abusing weird Double DPS Burst mechanics is somehow more rewarding it feels. Short Arena games, burst or get bursted. repeat. #meta #offtopic

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    I got 2k in 2v2 early season, because I was always keeping up with ilevel inflation and playing a meta comp (mage/rogue). It is just laughable to pretend that a new player - miles behind in ilevel - stands a chance in arena to hit 1800, even if they play a meta comp. Someone around 205 ilevel will be facing opponents who have 20-30% more damage and survivability, it takes a huge skill delta to overcome that, so to hit 1800 rating with such an ilevel deficit, you need the skill level of an experienced 2.4k+ player (basically a booster, and even some boosters struggle to play above 1800 in 2s just watch pikaboo struggle sometimes).

    Here's what people should do, start doing low cr yolo RBGs until you are 1600, gear up to 215 ilevel with a maxed legendary, and push for 1800 in tryhard voice comm RBGs, and then use the gear to have fun in arena. Pushing in arena with low gear is pointlessly masochistic.
    It's a grind, but absolutely possible. There are people in the same situation, so it's just a numbers game. Yeah it might be 200-300 games. I agree it's a problem, but not because r1 players are somehow gatekeeping 1800 rating.

    Rbgs are much tougher to find a group for, especially because if you have shit gear, you are now an anchor for up to 9 people, not just your friend who might be happy to help you out. If you farm conquest in 2v2 and are not 1600 ish by the time you get full 200, you aren't that good to begin with tbh.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by sicstynine View Post
    This makes me cry, but I see your point. Pushing Arena with low gear atm truly feels masochistic...
    Also, abusing weird Double DPS Burst mechanics is somehow more rewarding it feels. Short Arena games, burst or get bursted. repeat. #meta #offtopic
    I think it has always been the case that playing double dps is more fun in 2v2. Some healer comps are better than others; disc priest rogue is almost a double dps comp in how it is on a timer and the emphasis is on CC and burst. On the other hand I can't understand all the people who play Hpal/War and waste so much time in 15 minute mirror matches.

  15. #15
    1800 is top 10%. Are you a top 10% wow player?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by xogen View Post
    1800 is top 10%. Are you a top 10% wow player?
    It's more luck to meet the right ppl.
    In one season i got the gladiator title. Before I met my team I played on 1600. Then made gladiator in a couple of weeks.

    You can be top 1% but unless you meet other 1% ppl your rating will always just be average.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    I got 2k in 2v2 early season, because I was always keeping up with ilevel inflation and playing a meta comp (mage/rogue). It is just laughable to pretend that a new player - miles behind in ilevel - stands a chance in arena to hit 1800, even if they play a meta comp. Someone around 205 ilevel will be facing opponents who have 20-30% more damage and survivability, it takes a huge skill delta to overcome that, so to hit 1800 rating with such an ilevel deficit, you need the skill level of an experienced 2.4k+ player (basically a booster, and even some boosters struggle to play above 1800 in 2s just watch pikaboo struggle sometimes).

    Here's what people should do, start doing low cr yolo RBGs until you are 1600, gear up to 215 ilevel with a maxed legendary, and push for 1800 in tryhard voice comm RBGs, and then use the gear to have fun in arena. Pushing in arena with low gear is pointlessly masochistic.
    This is 100% true and also a reason why PvP gearing shouldn't be locked behind skill (because being late to the party means having to fight an uphill battle while pve gearing gets progressively easier).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    This is 100% true and also a reason why PvP gearing shouldn't be locked behind skill (because being late to the party means having to fight an uphill battle while pve gearing gets progressively easier).
    I think I heard that they're thinking about going back to the WoD model of gearing. This would fix most of the current issues with PvP (including forcing PvE players into PvP which is the main reason for boosting). Only took them 3 expansions to figure out their mistake but better late than never.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    It's more luck to meet the right ppl.
    In one season i got the gladiator title. Before I met my team I played on 1600. Then made gladiator in a couple of weeks.

    You can be top 1% but unless you meet other 1% ppl your rating will always just be average.
    There is no luck in meeting the right people. Join the communities and discord - ez.
    Also a glad player playing in 1.6k rating? how bad were your partner? Current "average" glads carry to 1.8k ez.

  20. #20
    With a small fraction of the pvp playtime you get KSM/3x 226 vault loot/and at worse 220 valor gear over time.

    Shadowlands PVP gearing is stupid, but the min-max is with RBGs and not dealing with the R1-boosting-shitshow that is ongoing.

    Arenas pvp balance is what it is and if you are not a FOTM reroll monkey you are just wasting your time, since basicly everything else gets you more gear over time with much less playtime.

    If you dont cheat with RBG's for the easiest gearing, I would just do KSM/M+ and dont waste any time with arena/boosting-pvp.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •