Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the difficulty of Launch heroics won't be there. they'll probably use the last patch as a baseline like they did for Classic
    Didn't blizzard confirm that they will give us pre-nerf tbc raids, I am guessing this will be with HC dungeons too, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I actually started playing in TBC and I tanked with my droot, managed to down tier 5 raids and that was it. I remember hc dungeons as challenging, but doable during my kara/hc dungeon gear set up. CC was far important but maybe I was a noob back then

My question is, people said in the past that wow vanilla raids were hard and it turned out they were piss easy, will this be the same with tbc hc dungeons?

I am asking because perhaps there will be new metas etc
    It won't be the same as Blizzard will use nerfed game version, just like they did with Classic.

I actually started playing in TBC and I tanked with my droot, managed to down tier 5 raids and that was it. I remember hc dungeons as challenging, but doable during my kara/hc dungeon gear set up. CC was far important but maybe I was a noob back then

My question is, people said in the past that wow vanilla raids were hard and it turned out they were piss easy, will this be the same with tbc hc dungeons?

I am asking because perhaps there will be new metas etc
    Definite nah.
    Gamers as a whole got way better. BC dungeons have NO meaningful mechanics you have to watch out for. Everyone knows everything allready. No dungeon of any kind in wow will ever be hard again. Mythic+ made them hard.
    I would argue the hardest heroic we had was cata and even that would be facroll now.

Even raids will be laughable in BC. There are just not many mechanics. It will be a stepup from vanilla. But still laughable easy.

Just hard cc/slow/stun/kite and its going to be easy. If you have pushed any M+ in retail it will be easy

It all depends on the setup, gear and so on.
    Some dungeons needs some kind of CC to make trash smooth, other dungeons needs interrupters, others needs a lot of targeted DPS and other need a lot of AoE dps.
    There are classes/specs who are really good to bring and there are classes/specs that are really poor to bring. Typically a caster/ranged setup will do a lot better than a physical/melee one just because it's casters who (typically) have the most reliable CCs, but again it depends on any number of factors.

Imo the best dungeon group is a Prot Paladin, Resto Shaman, Mage, Warlock and then either a BM Hunter or Shadowpriest.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

No they aren’t hard, but some really really do require you to know wtf you’re doing. People acting like you’ll run in there day one and just aoe it all down in a pug are just kidding themselves.

For example, I think it’s shadowlabs. If you’re tank doesn’t know how to pull the group 1 by 1 and away from the other packs, you will wipe. Full stop. There are mobs in there that spam fear on everyone including hunter pets and the tank making the rooms really annoying.

Most of them are equivalent of level 10-14m+ in retail but harder ones like Shattered Halls or Shadow Labyrinth are like 17-19m+ category during first weeks of TBC Classic.

I haven't done m+ keys this season but thats what I'm thinking it'll be.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2021-03-21 at 10:27 PM.

If they are tuned "correctly" some hc's will give people a pleasant suprise.

I just remember the mortal strike axe orcs in ramparts that do like 8kdmg (ms+melee swing) in one global. A fresh prot pala has like 9k hp. Bringing one, better two cc's is preferred.
    Once tanks have some kara gear it will make things alot smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxna View Post
    Shattered Halls and Shadow Lab were brutal and required cc
    I did the reputation farming in the pre-nerfs on my shadowpriest, never with CC (read: MAGE) groups, you just need a propper tank and maybe one AoE fear to give the big pulls some time.

People who pay in retail for a weekly m+ run are the same people who did SH or SL with 3 mage groups.

And if Classic was a direction where this is going, it will be the overnerfed version of the dungeon difficulty so way to make a drama out of nothing.
    -

Didn't blizzard confirm that they will give us pre-nerf tbc raids, I am guessing this will be with HC dungeons too, no?
    Raids launched at the same time the heroics were nerfed.

I did ramparts as the first heroic, the druid tank walked forward and aggroed the patrolling dude and the 2 guys standing by the bridge, the patrolling dude has a stun/cheap shot type ability and this killed the tank the 2 adds just came in and swung together, tank dead. from that point I knew the heroics were gunna be fun. there were lots of mobs that could one shot cloth. the mobs at the end of blood furnace that charge, they can swing after that charge and kill clothies. it is just that a lot of the mobs will one shot anyone who isn't a tank. so the whole charging in and whirlwinding that you can get away with in classic, you'll die in BC heroics. I feel like I remember the normal dungeons scaling similarly to how the dungeons scale in classic, most of the normal versions are on par with UBRS or Stratholme, but the heroic versions most of the mobs just hit considerably harder. enough to one shot anyone who isn't a tank if they manage to crit.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-21 at 10:58 PM.

Massively depends on group comp and gear, also depends on the dungeon. Like Slave Pens is easy, Durnholde is also very doable. Arcatraz, Shattered Halls etc are nasty, due to stuff like unavoidable damage, mobs that CC the tank or are CC immune themselves while hitting hard. I mean if you're an experienced dungeon player from retail (M+ for example) you're gonna adapt pretty quickly, and also realise Paladin tanks are god because the other tanks have only a fraction of the same AOE threat output.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I did the reputation farming in the pre-nerfs on my shadowpriest, never with CC (read: MAGE) groups, you just need a propper tank and maybe one AoE fear to give the big pulls some time.

People who pay in retail for a weekly m+ run are the same people who did SH or SL with 3 mage groups.

And if Classic was a direction where this is going, it will be the overnerfed version of the dungeon difficulty so way to make a drama out of nothing.
    Rep farm is done on normal mode, entirely different to Heroic. Normal Shattered Halls is easy peasy, where mobs can't gib the tanks.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-21 at 11:08 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    I worry most about getting tanks who were conditioned by retail to gogogo, and have no habit of watching the healer's mana (or even the dps's mana for that matter) or caring about cc. I'm afraid impatient players + no dungeon checkpoints will cause a lot of groups to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2splooge View Post
    I worry most about getting tanks who were conditioned by retail to gogogo, and have no habit of watching the healer's mana (or even the dps's mana for that matter) or caring about cc. I'm afraid impatient players + no dungeon checkpoints will cause a lot of groups to fail.
    There will for sure be loads of failures. Shadowlabs, blood furnace, and shattered halls in particular. A lot of them can be tough if you don’t know what you’re doing but those are the ones I remember specifically that if you have a bad tank, you will never clear them just because they will instantly die from certain mechanics. And I’m not even speaking about the bosses but the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    needing to take a break in a 30-40 minute run.
    Lol what? Go to the bathroom before you start and don't join a dungeon group 30 minutes before your bedtime.

OT: I remember Heroics being hard when I was playing in TBC, but I also had ~1mbps internet and no discrete video card so I was playing at low double digit FPS at best and most of the time single digits with ~250ms+ ping. A lot of the difficulty in early WoW came from the fact that no one was expected to be good, no one was expected to follow a "meta" (I'm not complaining about this, it's just true), and most people's hardware and internet connections were garbage. There are some things about TBC's design that make the dungeons more difficult than the exact same dungeons would be with modern design, but I don't think they'll be anywhere near as difficult as they were/are remembered as being back in TBC.

I recall things like triple trapping the first pull of H Mechanar for example that probably won't be handled the same way this time around as they were in TBC - but you have to remember that using addons was more complicated than most people were willing to do, keyboard turning was rife, keybinding everything was rare, etc.

As is the most cases with every patch, each Phase will provide better gear, which will make the previous phase content easier. Expect Heroic Dungeons to be on farm by the time everyone is in full BT/ Sunwell gear.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lol what? Go to the bathroom before you start and don't join a dungeon group 30 minutes before your bedtime.
    Minor emergencies come up sometimes and you can fuck your whole run because you had to afk two minutes. It's not great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im sure it will be as hard at naxx.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Minor emergencies come up sometimes and you can fuck your whole run because you had to afk two minutes. It's not great.
    If you're having "minor 2 minute emergencies" often enough that it has a significant impact on the health of your key then you probably don't have a stable enough environment to commit to 30-40+ minute long games of anything. M+ is infinitely more forgiving to being down one DPS for two minutes than a game of League of Legends, DoTA, CSGO etc would be - in fact, the impact of a DPS literally standing up and walking away from their PC for two minutes is likely to be so small as to not even being worth worrying about on an individual level, let alone designing a game around.

Sure, having your tank walk and therefore your entire run pause for two minutes might have some impact on your ability to time a key, but I just checked my own RIO and there is only one out of the 8 keys where that would have caused me not to meet the timer, and that's on the hardest keys I've done all season.

Basically what I'm saying is that this just isn't significant enough an issue to factor into a discussion about dungeon timers.

They might hit hard during the first week or two. With basic gear they wont be much of a problem.