Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The mobs melee really hard but it's not mechanically challenging or anything.

Tanks in blues might have like 15,000 HP.

Some base melee damage comparisons

Maexxna: 8,475 - 9,727
    Laughing Skull Legionnaire: 7,785 - 8,330

Sapphiron: 10,680 - 12,258
    Coilfang Defender: 11,837 - 12,664

Gordok Reaver (Dire Maul): 807 - 960
    Shattered Hand Legionnaire: 9,877 - 10,462
    I started in BC about halfway through and I was a prot warrior and because I was coming in fresh my gear was full dungeon/rep blues with no PVP gear, crafted epics, badge items or raid items.

I had 12k HP with full gems and enchants and it wasn’t until I got some S2 PVP items, badge gear and Sunwell patch items like the vendor shield and stam trinket from Magister’s Terrace that I got up to 15k or so.

Raid tanks in T5 might have 15k.

Heroic mobs hit like freight trains on blue gear. It was super rough

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Considering they’re being done on beta at 68 by people in T3 gear, I’m gonna say you’re wrong.
    You can't enter a heroic dungeon at 68, you need to be 70. The ones in beta are the normal version of the dungeon.
    If anything, it speaks pretty well of the BC dungeons if people are mixing up the normal version with the heroic one.

- - - Updated - - -

The mobs melee really hard but it's not mechanically challenging or anything.

Tanks in blues might have like 15,000 HP.
    People in blues have 8-12k, not 15.
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-04-06 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are pulls with hard hitting mobs combined with stuns/silence/fear that can be problematic if you're just zugzuging.

I expect the main difficulty will be getting tanks that can realistically tank stuff and healers that can realistically react to burst damage. On pservers atleast you see a lot of freshly dinged tanks in greens signing up for heroics they have no business in, or healers that spam their main heal, then go oom and fail.

I imagine it'll be fine for the most part though.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    People in blues have 8-12k, not 15.
    I was just going off memory, but I do have a screenshot of our tier 5 tank with 14,900 hp totally unbuffed. I imagine with fort/kings/commanding shout a blue tank might approach 15k?

I was just going off memory, but I do have a screenshot of our tier 5 tank with 14,900 hp totally unbuffed. I imagine with fort/kings/commanding shout a blue tank might approach 15k?
    Buffed, yes, I was speaking unbuffed, as you can't rely on having all (or even most) buffs in 5-men.

You can't enter a heroic dungeon at 68, you need to be 70. The ones in beta are the normal version of the dungeon.
    You just need the key, people are doing heroic dungeons in beta.

If anything, it speaks pretty well of the BC dungeons if people are mixing up the normal version with the heroic one.
    untrue, it is very possible

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    There are pulls with hard hitting mobs combined with stuns/silence/fear that can be problematic if you're just zugzuging.

I expect the main difficulty will be getting tanks that can realistically tank stuff and healers that can realistically react to burst damage. On pservers atleast you see a lot of freshly dinged tanks in greens signing up for heroics they have no business in, or healers that spam their main heal, then go oom and fail.

I remember when I dinged my warrior when the keys were already nerfed to only require honored. I tanked them all with basically questing gear and a few pvp pieces. The only hard ones were shattered halls and shadow labyrinth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I remember when I dinged my warrior when the keys were already nerfed to only require honored. I tanked them all with basically questing gear and a few pvp pieces. The only hard ones were shattered halls and shadow labyrinth.
    Well yeah, Heroics got nerfed multiple times over the course of TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    You just need the key, people are doing heroic dungeons in beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    untrue, it is very possible
    I'm pretty sure you needed to be 70 to enter the heroic instance regardless of having the key or not.
    Maybe they changed it later and I remember post-change, or they changed it for the beta ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Some mob in heroic (the big demon in Blood Furnace, the big Bog Lords in Underbog and some others) were able to HIT (not crit) a blue-geared warrior TANK (so with 10 % reduc due to stance and reduction due to armor + shield) for over 8k before nerfs.
    And in some cases (like the said Bog Lords), you had to fight two of them at the same time. We used a hunter to kite one while we hoped the tank survive the first one
    Definitely not something you could tank in quest greens.
    Last edited by Akka; 2021-04-06 at 11:51 AM.

I'm pretty sure you needed to be 70 to enter the heroic instance regardless of having the key or not.
    Maybe they changed it later and I remember post-change, or they changed it for the beta ?

Some mob in heroic (the big demon in Blood Furnace, the big Bog Lords in Underbog and some others) were able to HIT (not crit) a blue-geared warrior TANK (so with 10 % reduc due to stance and reduction due to armor + shield) for over 8k before nerfs.
    And in some cases (like the said Bog Lords), you had to fight two of them at the same time. We used a hunter to kite one while we hoped the tank survive the first one
    Definitely not something you could tank in quest greens.
    Maybe with crushing, but the thing is vs low number of mobs you can keep up shield block 100% uptime or near there, which means you have over 100% avoidance for each attack and that really smooths out the damage. Not many warriors did this outside of maintanking raids (who knew how to actually tank), but helps a ton when you can do it.

knowing the dungeons, and utilizing control mechanics and interrupts should make for some smooth runs. but they're harder than retail normal/heroics, not as hard as mythic+.

biggest different will be taking your time to manage your pulls cleanly, and resisting the urge to try to AOE spam the place.

i prefer the older heroic design that rewards class knowledge / unique abilities and is more tactical. but mythic+ is more kinetic and action filled, appeals to different types of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post

Also keep in mind that the tuning on private servers could be different than Classic or Live, plus as others have mentioned, tuning was done at various points in TBC not just to dungeons, but to classes as well. I won't pretend to know the specifics there, but the point is, it's complicated to say how hard they "should be" or even how hard they actually were - someone may be talking about dinging 70 with full T3 the second week of retail vs. someone else dinging 70 in greens later on. It's apples and oranges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    knowing the dungeons, and utilizing control mechanics and interrupts should make for some smooth runs. but they're harder than retail normal/heroics, not as hard as mythic+.

biggest different will be taking your time to manage your pulls cleanly, and resisting the urge to try to AOE spam the place.

i prefer the older heroic design that rewards class knowledge / unique abilities and is more tactical. but mythic+ is more kinetic and action filled, appeals to different types of players.
    In addition, TBC kits were pretty sparse on a lot of classes (except maybe shaman, mage, rogue who did have a huge number of abilities even in TBC), like every class didn't have a heal, immunity, defensive cooldown, etc. So if you got aggro you might just die immediately unless you had bubble or cloak or whatever. It's a totally different environment, which I personally enjoy more than the "dance" of M+ (especially as a melee). But at the end of the day, it's not better or worse, just different.

My personal preference is the focus on knowing your class, rotation, gearing, etc. where much of the "skill" is done in preparation. The rotations were easy (one button in many cases), but it's getting consumables, gear, enchants, raid comp etc. all nailed down first. Then the execution isn't so difficult.
    Last edited by Varaben; 2021-04-06 at 01:38 PM.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

7+ Year Old Account
    It starts out hard. Its not because the tacs are hard, but the mobs are just designed to hit really hard.

Like, some mobs in the Slave Pens will take out a tank, if they are pulled in groups of 3 or more. Especially the guard naga, as i remember a tank pala actually getting 1 shot.

But people will expect this and will kite the hell out of everything that is just a smidge hard-hitting.

And as with everything else in past WoW, people have optimized problems out of the game. TBC will be no different.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Well there are streams of people entering hc dungeons.
    I dont remember hearing anything about a dungeon cap, because once you hit revered, you were 70 anyways.

After doing all Heroics except Arcatraz and Ramparts I can say my memory was right: they are on par with M0 dungeons in Shadowlands launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some trash hits incredibly hard (~8k white hits on plate, mind flay ticks for 4k each come to mind) but the bosses are mostly easy. Clearable by a freshly geared group of people who know what they're doing.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

my new lvl 70 group (of hardcore raiders) got owned on the 2nd boss of heroic black morass and we did setthek halls today (heroic) and wiped a bunch on the first boss that spawns all the eles. we eventually found a strat that worked for our comp, but it was tough. the mobs in there are tough on the tanks too.

After doing all Heroics except Arcatraz and Ramparts I can say my memory was right: they are on par with M0 dungeons in Shadowlands launch.
    I can't say for SL (stopped playing at Legion), but I can say safely that even normal high-level instances are already about as hard as M0 in Legion, so I'm having big doubt about heroics not being noticeably harder.

Really depends a lot on what class/role you are playing.