Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Share your funny m+ fails here

Instead of toxicity around fails, I thought it would be fun/therapeutic for people to share their funny m+ fail stories here.

Mine this week: I'm tanking TOP. Killing second mini boss, before big trash pack with the captain. I'm excited because I've timed my 3 min cd perfectly so it will be up for that pack and I should be able to own in it. As soon as second mini boss I charge in, pop my cd and start owning. Then I see someone behind me has aggro. I turn around, and I'm like, where'd that big funny looking add come from? Read the name is says, "Manifestation of Pride". Derp.

As a tank, one thing that happens every other run which goes really well (like at that pace we'd 3 key it easily), there is always this DPS who tells me then to pull more and then I pull one extra pack than usual and of course we wipe. I hope that this DPS will learn something from this, but I am sure they don't and probably think that I (tank) or the healer sucks... man I hate M+ and the mentality it creates (as if it wasn't already bad enough).
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-03-21 at 06:47 PM.

Done Mist more than 40 times since introduction of valor in order to get the dagger. Still yet to actually see it drop, let alone let it drop for me...

One of my strafe keys got stuck on Kul'tharok and I autoran off the platform before I could unstick it.

As healer, 10 seconds in the fight.

On a key we would have otherwise timed. Rip

But don't worry, I hit lust right before I went over the edge.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

I had a key two days ago that raider.io said was .057 seconds from timing. Not 5 seconds. .05 seconds. A hunter died to the statue charge on last boss. Lol not the best.

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Maybe it's not a mythic plus failure that I remember well, but I wiped the whole guild with just one single ice block. That is the most legendary failure I have ever made, as the boss was on 5% then after the tier the guild disbanded. It literally made me suffer. There were also few lovely drunken blizzards placed in undesired places and huge blinks out of the edge especially in Spires of Ascension. To bring more shame to my covenant I threw their spear at boss. Did it work? Of course not.
    Last edited by Cloudmaker; 2021-03-21 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Oops

Oh yes, this happened to me as well. Everybody (including me) thought that s(he) is the one to spawn the Pride...

Will share one that I avoided.
    Joining with fishing pole equiped
    Fox News Media is proud of our 2020 election coverage, which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism, and we will vigorously defend against this baseless lawsuit in court," the media company said in its response.
    Equally outrageously hilarious as sad

one time during legion me and my friends were doing arcway and we were trying to do a stealth res skip before general xakal and once me (rogue) and our druid healer made it to the top of the platform he casted dreamwalk instead of mass res and hearthed out of the dungeon. we never let him forget XD
    Last edited by Djanco; 2021-03-22 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Instead of toxicity around fails, I thought it would be fun/therapeutic for people to share their funny m+ fail stories here.

Mine this week: I'm tanking TOP. Killing second mini boss, before big trash pack with the captain. I'm excited because I've timed my 3 min cd perfectly so it will be up for that pack and I should be able to own in it. As soon as second mini boss I charge in, pop my cd and start owning. Then I see someone behind me has aggro. I turn around, and I'm like, where'd that big funny looking add come from? Read the name is says, "Manifestation of Pride". Derp.
    I spent a few hours and close to a hundred failed applications trying to get into one 5-9 key. Because ATOC, 215 and 1kio where the bare minimum to get into +4's
    Every guild is full of people who nolifed with their cliques to KSM and now cannot see sub 17 keys
    Mythic plus has ruined gear. The vault over-values it with welfare ilevel even before valor came along to devalue every other source of gear even further
    Real fuckin funny
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    As a tank, one thing that happens every other run which goes really well (like at that pace we'd 3 key it easily), there is always this DPS who tells me then to pull more and then I pull one extra pack than usual and of course we wipe. I hope that this DPS will learn something from this, but I am sure they don't and probably think that I (tank) or the healer sucks... man I hate M+ and the mentality it creates (as if it wasn't already bad enough).
    I often wipe to the left group in halls of atonement.
    The one with the big stone giant.
    I usually pull 4 mobs before that and someone pulls the big one and we wipe.
    Then group blames the tank for pulling too much.
    Happened at least 3 times.

Another nightmare for me is the 3rd pack in mists. Usually someone pulls which makes you get a bad pride etc. Ofc it's the tanks fault again. Saw at least 5 groups split up there.

Funny story?
    I'm on my hunter at second boss spires the healer died at 50%, we still managed to bring the boss down to 5% before we wiped.
    After the wipe I remembered that I have a brez on my hunter.

I was doing a round of M+ with 3 people in my guild. Two of them were roommates and we all were on discord together. I was healing on my priest and for the first 2 runs we had a pug tank. Pug tank had to log off because of work the next morning. I should also point out that this was literally my first time running M+ ever (well I had run Scarlet Halls once and Slagmines once but I don't count those lol). We started the look for a pug tank and after about 15-20 minutes someone came up with the bright idea for our DH to tank. His exact words were "I've never tanked before on any toon and I've been drinking". We all agreed we were just there to have fun and get our 8 in for the vault. We found ourselves a pug ret pally and informed him of what we were doing. He was hella cool with it so we started out little fun. I should also point out that my 3 guildmates were all drinking because it was either a Friday or Saturday night and they were relaxing for the weekend. Then the challenge of "every time I stop to drink for mana YOU drink a shot" was made to our DH guildmate. He was one of the two guys who were roommates and his roommate confirmed every time he took a shot. At one point the tank's friend just started laughing on discord and then our tank says "shit I just spilled my shot all over my lap and keyboard". Needless to say there were a few times I would purposely drink for mana and say on discord "I'm drinking" and then the laughs would come in. By the end of the run with our tank who had never tanked before, the 2 drinking were drunk normally were a little drunk and the tank was sloshed. We timed 4 of the 6 we ran with that pug ret pally and on HOA+10 I think we had around 30+ deaths and failed the time by A LOT lol. I was sad that I couldn't join in with the drinking but that's only because since I had my gastric bypass I can no longer hold my liquor. I start feeling light headed after 1/4 of a beer when I used to be able to have like 6-8 shots of tequila/vodka + 2 Long Islands + 2-3 beers in a night out at the club/bar (German & Irish blood in me which is why I could hold my own lol)

Last week i joined a HoA +11 group we all go to the dungeon,tank healer and 1 dps where from the same guild, we pop our flasks food etc tank does a ready check + pull timer,we start and the moment the 1st group is pulled healer goes "oh lol im in dps spec" x)

As a Hunter it's important to know how to use Feign Death properly because some mechanics can be completely invalidated by using it like , as random examples, Tiernen Villager's Overgrowth or Tarvold's castigate that gets cancelled and are not recast.

Then we have a second group of skills that gets recasted as you feign death so you basically are swapping the problem to another member and although it can be useful sometimes ( you are the low health member, you are debuffed, other players have better defensives...) it's usually a bad practice given that you force them to react to skills that they weren't expecting.

And then we have the "special" ones like Oryphrion's Purifying Blast. You get marked and after a few seconds it explodes with a nasty DoT. The interesting thing about this skill is that....it does not get recasted if you feign death.No no lol....the "counter" goes on just on a different target so if you feign death at -0.5 sc from explosion you are indeed saved from the explosion but then another member have 0.5sc to get away from other players.

A bit of bad luck like I had in a run wich would have been ( probably) my first +10 timed ( months ago) and then a melee gets targeted,the blast hits 2 melee + the tank...and we have a beautiful wipe!!.

In this run the tank raged at the targeted melee asking why the fuck did not move away. The confused melee did not even see the blue circle ( just had literally a few hundred miliseconds) so I had to save the poor guy who did not even understood what happened and explain the group it was my fault for a horribly timed feign death.

I always laugh everytime a ranged gets yeeted off the platform in ToP from the swirling winds. Not used to dealing with deadly mechanics and even in the 15+ keys i still occasionally see it.

Also laugh at the tentacles in PF in the gauntlet before 2nd boss. Bad tanks pull the bomb mobs right under the close side of tentacle, tentacle grips some poor soul, before he can stun it and drop out he lands right on the bombs and dies.

Most embarrassing moment for me was in BfA when I discovered too late when run has already started that if you changed client language Clique completely stopped working because binds are made by spell name and not by spell ID (dunno if it’s been changed now).

I even typed a couple of /reload UI before being obviously blamed from everyone and after being rage kicked I found out that the language was the issue XD.

In SL a “funny” moment was running a NW 12 and seeing the timer expire before Amarth (yes I should have left ages before but I was curious to see how bad it could go for real XD).

On the last mist boss a paladin got MCd, lay on handed boss and heatherd out. Not even mad
    Also in Shrine of the Storm in BfA, healer missclicked a mass ress for a HS after a whipe. It was 18 and we were still god for +2, but others assumed healer just went snowflake and left before healer wrote in chat
    Last edited by erifwodahs; 2021-03-24 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djanco View Post
    one time during legion me and my friends were doing arcway and we were trying to do a stealth res skip before general xakal and once me (rogue) and our druid healer made it to the top of the platform he casted dreamwalk instead of mass res and hearthed out of the dungeon. we never let him forget XD
    Lol this one is actually funny!

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I always laugh everytime a ranged gets yeeted off the platform in ToP from the swirling winds. Not used to dealing with deadly mechanics and even in the 15+ keys i still occasionally see it.

Also laugh at the tentacles in PF in the gauntlet before 2nd boss. Bad tanks pull the bomb mobs right under the close side of tentacle, tentacle grips some poor soul, before he can stun it and drop out he lands right on the bombs and dies.
    Ha!

As healer I have a few nightmares in dungeons, they are:
    - Stradama tentacles
    - Gorechop hooks
    - Black whirlwinds in ToP platforms
    - Ventunax balls
    - Last SD boss lazers
    - Stitchflesh hook to point right

These are mechanics I still fail from time to time despite having done almost 80 M+ XD