Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Funniest moment for me was +15 Plaguefall, we were well in the time limit, 0 deaths up to last boss, we were at the last boss with about 5 min left on the timer. Get prideful, charge in ready to nuke her down. First add gets vaporised in seconds, 1st transition phase begins. All DPS and the healer immediately one shot by the tentacles as we all derp ran the wrong way. I was laughing out loud. No one even complained we all just found it funny. Didn't time it after that but at least we all had a laugh

A couple of nights ago I was in a random group for a +17 Sanguine Depths. We spent about 20 minutes before actually putting the keystone into the node discussing some strategy we were going to do to ensure a smooth run. Stuff like invisible potion skip here, extra enemies pulled for a Prideful there, line-of-sight stack here... stuff like that.

Everybody seemed to be on the same page. It's always re-assuring when all players in the group are actively speaking and participating in strategy like that. I had confidence.

Fast forward 5 minutes, something happened, tank died, everybody died, and it was the dreaded "all resurrect 1 by 1 by 1 and run into combat 1 by 1 by 1" scenario that saw us get 19 deaths before the 1st boss. I stayed dead relentlessly typing in chat saying to stay dead so we can reset everything, and got yelled at for staying dead.

After the tank died on the very first Prideful before 1st boss, marking the 20th death he fucking went off and just left, and proceeded to whisper all of us individually (confirmed by the rest of the group) we are all -- and I quote -- "supermassive shit cunts"

But then I saw this pop-up on the WoW Reddit and I realized I don't have it so bad:

Yeah, Venthyr dungeon trash can be tricky. Have to be careful to not pull so much. I still can't even figure out how the Telekinetic Toss on Lord Chamberlain works. Difficult to guess which side the statue will move. Angry whispers, somehow I got a separate window opened so if the dungeon will fail eventually the message will go there, which I will never read.
    Last edited by Cloudmaker; 2021-03-27 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yeah, Venthyr dungeon trash can be tricky. Have to be careful to not pull so much. I still can't even figure out how the Telekinetic Toss on Lord Chamberlain works. Difficult to guess which side the statue will move. Angry whispers, somehow I got a separate window opened so if the dungeon will fail eventually the message will go there, which I will never read.
    It will always target a random person location when it goes up. So draw a line from you to statue and side step it but dont go where someone else has stood.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    A couple of nights ago I was in a random group for a +17 Sanguine Depths. We spent about 20 minutes before actually putting the keystone into the node discussing some strategy we were going to do to ensure a smooth run. Stuff like invisible potion skip here, extra enemies pulled for a Prideful there, line-of-sight stack here... stuff like that.

Everybody seemed to be on the same page. It's always re-assuring when all players in the group are actively speaking and participating in strategy like that. I had confidence.

Fast forward 5 minutes, something happened, tank died, everybody died, and it was the dreaded "all resurrect 1 by 1 by 1 and run into combat 1 by 1 by 1" scenario that saw us get 19 deaths before the 1st boss. I stayed dead relentlessly typing in chat saying to stay dead so we can reset everything, and got yelled at for staying dead.

After the tank died on the very first Prideful before 1st boss, marking the 20th death he fucking went off and just left, and proceeded to whisper all of us individually (confirmed by the rest of the group) we are all -- and I quote -- "supermassive shit cunts"

But then I saw this pop-up on the WoW Reddit and I realized I don't have it so bad:

Honestly, that image is nothing. You have no idea the amount of shit that you take as an inexperienced tank. It’s honestly incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    i used to put "dun b bad" in desc and bad players would still apply

forgetting to remove my twilight devastation gear when playing tol dagor as tank... we had an army coming for us once we got past first floor because i procced twilight devastation...

taunting mob that the dk tank released from control undead... the mob reset to its original location and teleported me to it and killed me...

used typhoon to stop mobs from renewing necrotic on the tank in tol dagor... the mobs fell through the floor and pulled everything from the floors below...

blinking when rezan is chasing me, didn't have invis... blink didn't bring me anywhere...

using frozen orb in the courtyard in waycrest manor and pulled mobs from underneath...

instantly died when tanking trash to first boss in freehold... got tossed and people had volcanic spawning on their spots and i landed just as they went off...

"hold dps, let bursting fall off", twilight dev proc as guardian druid with all my cds up because i still autoattacked instead of just stopping attack totally... had 36% twilight dev... we wiped hard because the twilight dev killed everything...

tanking a +16 on my paladin... do a big pull and i'm about to die because spells went through... use lay on hands... then i get all my hp ripped away by a spirit link...

failed a key for my ksm in bfa season 4 due to windows update... it appeared on screen just when i was going to click and everything shut down as my computer restarted for windows update... took 5 minutes before i got back...
    Last edited by Sugarcube; 2021-03-27 at 01:54 PM.

This one wasn't in M+, but leveling my rogue I was in Necrotic Wake, and Nalthor had picked me for Frozen Binds. Being the first time I was there on this toon, I had the realization rather late into the cast that I could entirely immune the mechanic with cloak. Now...it would've worked fine, if it wasn't for the lag I'd been getting in that run, so instead of preventing it, I chained it on to three other people. Oops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    It will always target a random person location when it goes up. So draw a line from you to statue and side step it but dont go where someone else has stood.
    Thank you so much!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Will share one that I avoided.
    Joining with fishing pole equiped
    Brings back memories of "doing the rest of ToC with your jousting lance equipped."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    As healer I have a few nightmares in dungeons, they are:
    - Black whirlwinds in ToP platforms
    These platforms are just brutal in general; it's like everyone is watching out for whirlwinds and they forget to interrupt anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    But don't worry, I hit lust right before I went over the edge.
    This was the best part!
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I had a key two days ago that raider.io said was .057 seconds from timing. Not 5 seconds. .05 seconds. A hunter died to the statue charge on last boss. Lol not the best.
    I timed a key by under 0:00.199. Even the game wasn't sure if it was actually timed and denathrius began laughing at us. But the key upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    As a tank, one thing that happens every other run which goes really well (like at that pace we'd 3 key it easily), there is always this DPS who tells me then to pull more and then I pull one extra pack than usual and of course we wipe. I hope that this DPS will learn something from this, but I am sure they don't and probably think that I (tank) or the healer sucks... man I hate M+ and the mentality it creates (as if it wasn't already bad enough).
    You have to ignore dps a lot of the time. Yes be aggressive and figure out what you can handle, but take ownership and don’t ever do something because someone else told you to unless you think it’s the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    But don't worry, I hit lust right before I went over the edge.
    This was the best part!
    Was one of the rare keys I did with people I actually know instead of pugs, and they've still not let me live it down. Amazingly, they continue to include me in runs though!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

| youtube | twitch | twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I spent a few hours and close to a hundred failed applications trying to get into one 5-9 key. Because ATOC, 215 and 1kio where the bare minimum to get into +4's
    Every guild is full of people who nolifed with their cliques to KSM and now cannot see sub 17 keys
    Mythic plus has ruined gear. The vault over-values it with welfare ilevel even before valor came along to devalue every other source of gear even further
    Real fuckin funny
    cant imagine coming on here and just telling lies like this but here you are. I think the x-factor in all your "misery" is obviously you.

One time i was dpsing a DoS+10 with some guildies and a newer healer and somehow on one of the platforms i poped Divine Toll and it shot a single judgment out of my ass and pulled a pack we were not in combat with forcing an early Prideful with an undergeared and a first time +10 healer. Trial by fire.

Last night, didnt time Mists 16 by 1.89sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

BfA era, +11 or +12 cant remember Waycrest Manor , we are at the cellar we pull the pack into the stairs,after a few moments a shitload of mobs attack us out of nowhere,we wipe the whole group trying to think what happend,we go at the stairs again we start killing the mobs at stairs same thing happens,well after one more wipe we realise that tanks and my twilight devastation procs pulled the mobs from the upper floors X) at least the group didnt rage and we were laughing at that .

I have something good. Shaman pops hero on trash right before boss on tyrannical. Mmmhmm, yea!

Five minutes later...
    Last edited by Cloudmaker; 2021-03-27 at 07:57 PM.

I remember one of my most intense keys yet. The timer went red and a split millisecond later the last boss died. It said we beat the timer and it upgraded.

I went to check the time later and it turns out we had less than 0:00.600 left. That's about half a second. I was happy.

Not m+ but two stories: first is we charge into Shadowlands knowing nothing, I do Necrotic Wake group finder. We don't know how to kill Stitchflesh. Fight takes 6:30 seconds and we finally wipe. Look up the fight and finish it.

Recently was testing out a few fixes to my ui so I queued for a heroic instead of wasting a mythic key. Ended up in SOA. I'm a 215 tank so it was silly. I charged in and pulled 15, 20 mobs at a time. Finally we get to Ventunax platform and I run all the way from where we land to the little house you hide behind to get los pulls right in front of the boss. Everyone else dies. I'm sitting there comfortably taking 30 something mobs, gradually chewing them down, when I get kicked from the group.

Used to be that you can get kicked until you're out of combat. I learned something today!

On my monk alt I managed to roll off the platforms before 3rd boss in Mists of Tirna Scithe a few times. It looks hillarious because any time you roll off any edge it propels you forward tenfold so you look like you're flying away to China.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I have something good. Shaman pops hero on trash right before boss on tyrannical.
    I have...uhhh...definitely hit Hero instead of Earth Ele on more than one occasion
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

pulled the pack with 1st boss in top... and then realzied it was bolstering week.

fight took 5min lol xD
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I have one. Necrotic Wake. In the room with third boss.
    We wipe at trash, release and somehow mobs spawn down and proceed to kill off the angels. Only one angel left and mobs reset. Angels do not respawn. We have to each take the angel up, wait for it to come down and repeat. We did have the lock but for some reason it wpuld not let us summon.

Well, guess it's not that funny. It seemed funnier in my head.