Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I had a key two days ago that raider.io said was .057 seconds from timing. Not 5 seconds. .05 seconds. A hunter died to the statue charge on last boss. Lol not the best.
    And i thought i was close... https://raider.io/mythic-plus-runs/s...-de-other-side
    Vanilla Good, TBC Bad, Wotlk Good, Cata Bad, MoP Good, WoD Bad, Legion Good, BfA Bad, SL Good, ??? Bad

Everyone else dies. I'm sitting there comfortably taking 30 something mobs, gradually chewing them down, when I get kicked from the group.

Used to be that you can get kicked until you're out of combat. I learned something today!
    As a fellow tank, i must say - please be aware of your group. Your job is first and foremost to protect them. If you pull in a manner that might cause your group to die from unavoidable damage, it does not matter if you yourself can take the damage.

Our group did plaguefall, pride infront of last boss. First our rogue runs behind pride-mob to not hit group with the X, but runs into poison pool instantly dying. We laugh on discord, then monk gets X next and... LITERALLY DOES THE SAME THING, also dies.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I have...uhhh...definitely hit Hero instead of Earth Ele on more than one occasion
    Wait! Was that you?

I actually don't remember the exact circumstance, but I had this M+ run in a guild group with our raid DK tank officer, who is a great player, great guy and all. So he was about to do a risky pull and guildie healer said we'd better do X, so the tank answered in Discord "It's ok I am a big boy, don't tell me what to do"... of course it ended up being yet another famous last words before the wipe.

That led to hilarious laughs in Discord and guild meme that haunted him for a while where if he'd say anything about trying some tactic in raid or doing something and get someone tell him it's probably not gonna work - we'd have someone respond "he's a big boy, don't tell him what to do..." implying it would lead to a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Wait! Was that you?
    Oh it gets worse; I had to move Arcane Intellect away from Time Warp for...related reasons.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    As a fellow tank, i must say - please be aware of your group. Your job is first and foremost to protect them. If you pull in a manner that might cause your group to die from unavoidable damage, it does not matter if you yourself can take the damage.
    Obviously, I usually agree. But sometimes you gotta make things interesting. It was just a random heroic and I was trying to make sure my ui was working, I needed to push myself lol.
    Every single wow player should always try to make their own groups. Then you'd just have thousands of groups in group finder, without a single applicant.

Instead of toxicity around fails, I thought it would be fun/therapeutic for people to share their funny m+ fail stories here.

Mine this week: I'm tanking TOP. Killing second mini boss, before big trash pack with the captain. I'm excited because I've timed my 3 min cd perfectly so it will be up for that pack and I should be able to own in it. As soon as second mini boss I charge in, pop my cd and start owning. Then I see someone behind me has aggro. I turn around, and I'm like, where'd that big funny looking add come from? Read the name is says, "Manifestation of Pride". Derp.
    Was being all fancy in SD. Vengeful retreat away from chains from the overseer.

Fel rush back into craggy fracture...
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Doing Kara in Legion with my Guildleader.
    He was the healer (shamane) and we just killed the stage boss.
    In the next room with the crowd (non elite super easy) he chain lighting into wrong group and pulled the complet room, panicked and then pulled the pat in the next room.
    Since he had aggro he went into wolf form and run to the end of the room so the tank could get aggro.
    Then he jumped down big pit infront of the stage...

Not standing in the bubble during Gloom Squall. Or getting blasted off the ring in DOS, only to save yourself with Night Fae Soulshape!

"I meant to do that!" moment. Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yeah, Venthyr dungeon trash can be tricky. Have to be careful to not pull so much. I still can't even figure out how the Telekinetic Toss on Lord Chamberlain works. Difficult to guess which side the statue will move. Angry whispers, somehow I got a separate window opened so if the dungeon will fail eventually the message will go there, which I will never read.
    It faces the direction it’s going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I always laugh everytime a ranged gets yeeted off the platform in ToP from the swirling winds. Not used to dealing with deadly mechanics and even in the 15+ keys i still occasionally see it.

Also laugh at the tentacles in PF in the gauntlet before 2nd boss. Bad tanks pull the bomb mobs right under the close side of tentacle, tentacle grips some poor soul, before he can stun it and drop out he lands right on the bombs and dies.
    I have my own share of laughs at the expense of ranged. They've been so conditioned to keep at range that no matter how many times I'll warn them that they'll be safer sticking close to the boss they never listen. The first boss in Plaguefall and the Sunking fight immediately come to mind.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

Honestly, that image is nothing. You have no idea the amount of shit that you take as an inexperienced tank. It’s honestly incredible.
    How inexperienced are you talking about? I guess it's all anecdotal, I usually have a tank alt to do one weekly M+, nothing high, and I fail all the time, whether its mechanics, mitigation, ninja pulls, affixes, routes, trash percent, etc.. And I never had anyone (for 3 expansions) whispering me shit, what the hell do you do to piss people off? I don't remember ever getting called on for my mistakes as a shitty tank, and I often get called out when I fail on my dps main.

I was under the impression that tanks are somehow more respected, for example when my pet brilliantly pulls something we were trying to skip everyone is very eager to shit on the warlock, but when I ninja pull a patrol or something as a tank and we wipe nobody says a word.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    How inexperienced are you talking about? I guess it's all anecdotal, I usually have a tank alt to do one weekly M+, nothing high, and I fail all the time, whether its mechanics, mitigation, ninja pulls, affixes, routes, trash percent, etc.. And I never had anyone (for 3 expansions) whispering me shit, what the hell do you do to piss people off? I don't remember ever getting called on for my mistakes as a shitty tank, and I often get called out when I fail on my dps main.

I was under the impression that tanks are somehow more respected, for example when my pet brilliantly pulls something we were trying to skip everyone is very eager to shit on the warlock, but when I ninja pull a patrol or something as a tank and we wipe nobody says a word.
    What happens is due to the shortage of tanks you eventually end up playing with far more experienced players who get angry at you. For example, my first time running a +14, using the route that had worked fine for me in +13 , a 1400 io player whispered me at the end of the dungeon to tell me I was stupid and should quit the game. The real issue is he was 1400 and running with an 800 io tank at a key level (14) which is very low for his xp, which is just how it often goes with that level of pug. I don't hide my experience or anything, obviously rio scores are out there, but people seem to invite you then somehow expect you to be better than your experience level.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2021-03-28 at 04:22 AM.
    Every single wow player should always try to make their own groups. Then you'd just have thousands of groups in group finder, without a single applicant.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I always laugh everytime a ranged gets yeeted off the platform in ToP from the swirling winds. Not used to dealing with deadly mechanics and even in the 15+ keys i still occasionally see it.

Also laugh at the tentacles in PF in the gauntlet before 2nd boss. Bad tanks pull the bomb mobs right under the close side of tentacle, tentacle grips some poor soul, before he can stun it and drop out he lands right on the bombs and dies.
    Ummm what? Ranged have a harder time dealing with the winds in both ToP and DOS due to how anything targeted via radius much like any move that starts in one direction and does a 360 is harder for ranged like the first boss in HoA and last boss in ToP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by parasight View Post
    Not standing in the bubble during Gloom Squall. Or getting blasted off the ring in DOS, only to save yourself with Night Fae Soulshape!

"I meant to do that!" moment. Every time.
    Does it not follow the rules of blink mechanics or did you do it before you left the platform? Typically blink mechanics in wow make you go down if in the air as I recall.

I have actually several times made M+ groups for the wrong dungeon. I think I know what m+ key I got and when I have filled the group, everyone has entered the dungeon, I realise the key is for a different dungeon. That shit hurts lol.

The reactions has been mixed, but must people has just /lold at me. Some even just came along for the key I actually had.

The times it has happend I have been SO tempted to just ALT+F4 out of the game, but didnt. I gotta own up to my failures lol

First pull in Sang +15.

Tank double pulls, single targeting a specific add.
    After the adds are down he links the dps. Not for the fight, for that single specific add (a non elite).

He is top dps for the single add he targeted. Says the dps is shit cause he was #1 (dps for the fight itself, everyone was 5k+).

Dropped group, aoe pulled as much as he could before the timer kicked him out.

Then signed up for the +14 we then listed.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Another time
    On my Hunter in TOP

Got blasted by the gust and booted off the platforms.

Disengaged and landed back on a lower platform and took the portal back to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    I spent a few hours and close to a hundred failed applications trying to get into one 5-9 key. Because ATOC, 215 and 1kio where the bare minimum to get into +4's
    Every guild is full of people who nolifed with their cliques to KSM and now cannot see sub 17 keys
    Mythic plus has ruined gear. The vault over-values it with welfare ilevel even before valor came along to devalue every other source of gear even further
    Real fuckin funny
    I play approx 5 hours a week and I got KSM several weeks ago. It doesn't require nolifing, just need to know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Ummm what? Ranged have a harder time dealing with the winds in both ToP and DOS due to how anything targeted via radius much like any move that starts in one direction and does a 360 is harder for ranged like the first boss in HoA and last boss in ToP.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it not follow the rules of blink mechanics or did you do it before you left the platform? Typically blink mechanics in wow make you go down if in the air as I recall.
    There are zero mechanics stopping them from sitting in the melee for those

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I have actually several times made M+ groups for the wrong dungeon.
    In BfA, I was doing my first key as Holy on my Paladin, so I just signed up for a +2 Tol Dagor. Easy peasy.

Once we start, I notice the the tank is getting wrecked hard on every pull. On the way to the second or third boss, healing my ass off the entire time, and pulls are taking a while, I realize that that mobs are...bolstering...on a...+2...? I look over and, sure enough, the timer says +6. One of the DPS and I were the only ones with any decent gear for it, so no wonder it's taking a while and no wonder this tank is getting smooshed. I say "I thought this was going to be a +2," and the leader (one of the DPS) says "it isn't?" "Oh shit, bro, it's a 6. I'm really high rn. I thought it was a 2."

We all laugh it off, and then the final boss wrecked us a whoooole bunch of times. I'm amazed people had the patience at that point, but we eventually got it down. Longest completed key I've ever run...probably 90 minutes, with at least the last third devoted to just the last boss.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis