Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Why Does Completing an M+5 Give Us Raid Quality gear ?

    I don't get it...

    When Casuals do LFR they get the ilvl of their content in their Vault

    Yet when we do a M+5 which is basically 171 content, we get a 210 ivl in our vault

    This seems very weird to me

  2. #2
    Mythic+ under rewards end of dungeon loot because it’s spammable.

    It over rewards weekly vault loot because there is a hard limit of 1 item per week of decent item level with no catchup method for the better gear.

    That’s pretty much it.

  3. #3
    Immortal Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    7,108
    It's because you can get up to potentially 10 raid-quality items each week (Though until the "loot fix" that was more like 0)

    But you can only get 1 raid quality item from M+ each week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  4. #4
    Who the fuck cares about one shitty 210 item per week nowadays or like at all.

    Yet another nonsense topic. Halp, dem casullz destroy teh gaem with their insane welfare gear.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Who the fuck cares about one shitty 210 item per week nowadays or like at all.

    Yet another nonsense topic. Halp, dem casullz destroy teh gaem with their insane welfare gear.
    Take a deep breath and maybe rest some or do something else. You seem a bit stressed. OP simply asked a question.

    OT:
    As said before m+ is spamable so if you work yourself up in difficulty then you can get full high ilvl gear quicker than from raid. On the flippside, mythic raids rewards higher ilvl than m+ so with a guild who trade loot more often than a pug, you might be able to gear up with 226 gear faster than someone doing only m+.

    Pick where to go in order to improve your character basically.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    I don't get it...

    When Casuals do LFR they get the ilvl of their content in their Vault

    Yet when we do a M+5 which is basically 171 content, we get a 210 ivl in our vault

    This seems very weird to me
    Hm... don't think it matters. As long as you don't get max-level gear from faceroll content.
    To get a 14/15 is still a good deal harder than a 5.
    14/15 is around heroic.
    210 iLvl is not that great.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    I don't get it...

    When Casuals do LFR they get the ilvl of their content in their Vault

    Yet when we do a M+5 which is basically 171 content, we get a 210 ivl in our vault

    This seems very weird to me
    Becasue ending M+ can give you 210 max so there should be big vault reward. Depends on ur achi u can uprage up to 220. They do cant give 226 loot for ending because its repeatable content. Vault 1 item per week is ok. Imo 14+ should gives 213 (heroic ilvl) +10 achi should able to upgrade ur items up to 220 and 15+ to 226.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-03-22 at 08:26 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    14/15 is around heroic.
    210 iLvl is not that great.
    One could argue, that 14/15 at its intended ilvl (say, 210?) is, especially in some dungeons with some affix combos, quite a bit more difficult than heroic raid.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    One could argue, that 14/15 at its intended ilvl (say, 210?) is, especially in some dungeons with some affix combos, quite a bit more difficult than heroic raid.
    Considering more people have Ahead of the Curve than have Keystone Master according to Wowhead, I'd say that's more than accurate.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    I don't get it...

    When Casuals do LFR they get the ilvl of their content in their Vault

    Yet when we do a M+5 which is basically 171 content, we get a 210 ivl in our vault

    This seems very weird to me
    The answer is simple. If raid would be the only reliable source of semi-decent pve loot then the sub numbers will plummet.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Take a deep breath and maybe rest some or do something else. You seem a bit stressed. OP simply asked a question.
    Take a loot at this subforum and check another thread of the same type done by OP, hence Gaidax response to him xd and tbh there are more important matters than a useless +5 dropping 210 in chest, like pvp gearing giving 233 weapons on the start of mythic progression, or mythic keystones having 0 reason to go over +15 etc.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    One could argue, that 14/15 at its intended ilvl (say, 210?) is, especially in some dungeons with some affix combos, quite a bit more difficult than heroic raid.
    And i would argue against it^^
    Mechanic in the raid are still a good deal harder than any dungeon.

    The "hard" part of Mythic+ is mostly finding people to play with. If you onyl pug. Sure then the 15 is harder than Sire with you guild.
    But if you PuG you make it harder on yourself. You don't have to.

  13. #13
    is OP a LFR elitist?
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-03-23 at 07:06 AM.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post

    Yet when we do a M+5 which is basically 171 content, we get a 210 ivl in our vault
    yeah no. mythic 0 is 171 content. mythic 5 is probably closer to 185-190. you're such an elitist who wants to deny casuals loot WHEN IT DOESN'T AFFECT YOU AT ALL that you either just make shit up or you're extremely out of touch. get a sense of perspective; why do you care what other people get?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    I don't get it...

    When Casuals do LFR they get the ilvl of their content in their Vault

    Yet when we do a M+5 which is basically 171 content, we get a 210 ivl in our vault

    This seems very weird to me
    First off, heroic dngs drop 171. So it's pretty farfetched to claim a +5 is like 171 content just because you find it "Easy"
    OH NO a weekly vault gives players 1 piece of 210 gear boo hoo. WoW is so serious, you work so hard for your 210 loot in your heroic guild who just killed Shriekwing on mythic, how dare casuals get loot.

    P.S you're a casual technically if your guild isn't 10/10 Mythic at this point

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    And i would argue against it^^
    Mechanic in the raid are still a good deal harder than any dungeon.

    The "hard" part of Mythic+ is mostly finding people to play with. If you onyl pug. Sure then the 15 is harder than Sire with you guild.
    But if you PuG you make it harder on yourself. You don't have to.
    Dont underestimate how difficult it can be to actually find a decent group. Thats like a core feature in wow right now. To actually find like minded people who have somewhat skilled and are willing to communicate to complete dungeon without turning into a toxic troll. Thats the hardest task of them all. If you manage to do that, its more worth than any item, title or mount in the game. Its also probably one of the hardest things to achieve.

    Heck, people probably spend most of the playtime they have after work/school to actually find people to play with. In fact, Blizzard should front this awesome feature that its in the game. "want to spend hours upon hours being denied for groups? Want to spend hours searching for like minded people? Want to experience bad dungeons groups 95% of the time? SIGN UP NOW!"

    OT:

    Who even cares at this point? its shit enough to gear up as it is, atleast this gives some sort of valuable item. Besides, its one per week and for it to be usable it gotta be for a slot you dont already have a 210+ item.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2021-03-22 at 08:53 AM.

  17. #17
    They should fix it so all modes give higher ilvl in Vault compared to what they give in said content. To have consistency and make more choices in which content you want to indulge in possible.

    Another reason why it gives higher gear is to passively nerf the content over time. People struggling with +5 or +6 will over time get overgeared through the vault which makes their content easier during the patch cycle. Which I agree with, it's a good system. At the start the better you are the quicker you progress and quicker you gear up. Overtime the early hurdles become shorter which makes more and more player able to clear them. It appeases to both good players and worse players.

    Why this isn't implemented in raiding I don't know. PvP would be difficult though since the difficulty lies in the players you face, so you can't really "nerf" the content to make it easer to reach higher ranks through gear. Since everyone gets the same gearing system. A solution for PvP to get the same sort of effect for players would be to make it so you gain more rating than you lose on average while keeping the rating for ranks the same.
    That way you effectively shifts the entire playerbase up in ranks over time while players among themselves are still in proper ranking relative to each other.

    I think this would be a solution for all 3 facets that makes it so everyone no matter the skill lvl always feel like they are progressing. This of course doesn't mean that everyone should be able to clear all content over time. But as long as you move forward I wager most people want to play more because you don't face that wall that won't budge even the slightest.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They should fix it so all modes give higher ilvl in Vault compared to what they give in said content. To have consistency and make more choices in which content you want to indulge in possible.

    Another reason why it gives higher gear is to passively nerf the content over time. People struggling with +5 or +6 will over time get overgeared through the vault which makes their content easier during the patch cycle. Which I agree with, it's a good system. At the start the better you are the quicker you progress and quicker you gear up. Overtime the early hurdles become shorter which makes more and more player able to clear them. It appeases to both good players and worse players.

    Why this isn't implemented in raiding I don't know.
    The reason is probably because blizz just doesnt want to balance around it, they could for sure, but right now they balance the content assuming people get weekly upgrades + a fixed max ilvl of 226 that drops from Mythic Castle Nathria, 2100-2400 rating etc, but if they implemented what you are saying, can you imagine how hard the raid would have to be to compensate for the extra 10 ilvls over mythic? people would be tackling the raid with 236 gear and 243 weps, and they would have to tune it accordingly, and tbh nerfing the content can only take you so far, even if some bosses are in a wheelchair at this point, and i assume they just wanna avoid this.

    The issue with this also lies in that as it is raiding is extremely underwhelming compared to mythic + and specially pvp gearing, pvp gearing is stupidly broken atm, everyone in our raid pushed to 1800 rating as a minimum, no joke, just cause of how broken the pvp gearing is atm.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2021-03-22 at 09:08 AM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Considering more people have Ahead of the Curve than have Keystone Master according to Wowhead, I'd say that's more than accurate.
    Faster and cheaper to buy 1 Sire kill than 8 +15 boosts.

    Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

  20. #20
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    33,321
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    210 iLvl is not that great.
    It is funny you say that the closest a casual LFR runner or world content player gets is 207. Without a chance to upgrade.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Faster and cheaper to buy 1 Sire kill than 8 +15 boosts.
    I hate the existence of sales of boosting so much.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •