Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Well let’s math this

9.1 is 5-8 weeks of ptr

TBC is months of alpha and beta...

People screeching about delays with no information are going to say tbc and claim “they can’t release them too close to each other” ignoring the CEO saying there isn’t significant overlap between the two games so they don’t let it effect the release even though as I’ve shown above they won’t release near each other
    yes months of alpha and beta for a xpac they already finished in 2007 lol

Huh, this thread didn’t age well......

TBC now officially is the main priority.

We‘ll have the TBC pre patch most likely in May, as the strings suggest and the TBC launch 4-6 weeks later in June. Which makes a 9.1 release in June pretty much impossible.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

We‘ll have the TBC pre patch most likely in May, as the strings suggest and the TBC launch 4-6 weeks later in June. Which makes a 9.1 release in June pretty much impossible.
    main priority my ass. Tbc would need aprox 15 million subs for a month to reach the same revenue as day 1 of SL. Retail will always be their main prority. Blizzard is doing wow for money, not passion

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    main priority my ass. Tbc would need aprox 15 million subs for a month to reach the same revenue as day 1 of SL. Retail will always be their main prority. Blizzard is doing wow for money, not passion
    This thread is about TBC and 9.1. Day 1 of SL doesn't matter at all here. And no, retail won't be their main priority at all times, Classic had a massive spike in subs and that's why TBC Classic launch is financially way more impactful than the launch of 9.1. TBC will create way more buzz and a way higher sub increase than the release of 9.1 could ever. Oh, and if retail would be their priority we already would be testing 9.1 and the launch would be within the next 1-2 months...

Oh, and if retail would be their priority we already would be testing 9.1 and the launch would be within the next 1-2 months...
    Saying that TBC is the "main priority" is silly, Retail and Classic have separate teams.

Issue is that the Retail team is seemingly fucking it up, that doesn't mean TBC suddenly has "priority" over it.

This is kinda disingenuous isnt it. Just because tbc classic is most likely going to release first doesnt mean its "officially the main priority". Its 2 completely different teams working on the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Saying that TBC is the "main priority" is silly, Retail and Classic have separate teams.

Issue is that the Retail team is seemingly fucking it up, that doesn't mean TBC suddenly has "priority" over it.
    TBC launch. That’s what this thread is about, which comes first, TBC or 9.1 - and that’s what I answered with TBC is the main priority between these two options.

And no I absolutely do not think it’s disingenuous to say that TBC launch has the priority over 9.1.

TBC launch. That’s what this thread is about, which comes first, TBC or 9.1 - and that’s what I answered with TBC is the main priority between these two options.

And no I absolutely do not think it’s disingenuous to say that TBC launch has the priority over 9.1.
    So what do you think "main priority" entails exactly? As its 2 compeltely different teams working on the different products?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    So what do you think "main priority" entails exactly? As its 2 compeltely different teams working on the different products?
    TBC Classic launch will not interfere with 9.1 launch. There will be at least 4 or more weeks of spare time in between because both versions share a similar part of the playerbase.

In this scenario only the TBC launch matters, the releases of the different TBC phases do not. But it’s crystal clear that TBC launch takes the lead and is of a higher priority than 9.1 launch, especially when they’re considering a TBC Deluxe edition with a mount and a toy attached to it because $$$.

This thread is about TBC launch vs. 9.1 launch and that’s what I answered with the priority argument. TBC launch > 9.1 launch.

TBC launch is basically the biggest boulder of TBC.
    Point is what you're ignoring is that you have two separate teams working on two separate products.

Imagine you have two teams of five people, one works on X and the other Y, simply because X comes out sooner, doesn't mean actually 9 people work on X.
    And that's not even an accurate comparison because the Retail is far larger than the Classic team.

If anything, the Classic team is "on schedule", the Retail team isn't.
    TBC Classic launch will not interfere with 9.1 launch. There will be at least 4 or more weeks of spare time in between because both versions share a similar part of the playerbase.
    You mean, like Shadowlands Launch and Naxx had..?
    Blizzard outright stated that there is little overlap between Classic and Retail players.

With TBC beta having launched yesterday it should be live in 3-4 months time. I'm not sure that 9.1 will be ready before that.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Unfortunately further 9.1 is delayed - higher chance, that we'll have WOD 2.0 at the end. Problem is - WOD had the best replayability in Wow's history
    > Wod
    > Replayability

Good to know that you are a garrison enthusiast, kinda weird but i dont kink shame.

In this scenario only the TBC launch matters, the releases of the different TBC phases do not. But it’s crystal clear that TBC launch takes the lead and is of a higher priority than 9.1 launch, especially when they’re considering a TBC Deluxe edition with a mount and a toy attached to it because $$$.

This thread is about TBC launch vs. 9.1 launch and that’s what I answered with the priority argument. TBC launch > 9.1 launch.
    They have said several times that there seems to be very little overlap between retail and classic.

Why is it crystal clear exactly? You forgot i asked for some arguments.

TBC launch is basically the biggest boulder of TBC.
    Point is what you're ignoring is that you have two separate teams working on two separate products.

Imagine you have two teams of five people, one works on X and the other Y, simply because X comes out sooner, doesn't mean actually 9 people work on X.
    And that's not even an accurate comparison because the Retail is far larger than the Classic team.

If anything, the Classic team is "on schedule", the Retail team isn't.

You mean, like Shadowlands Launch and Naxx had..?
    Blizzard outright stated that there is little overlap between Classic and Retail players.
    I even said in my prior post that phases don’t matter much for the schedule. But the launch matters as it creates a massive surge in subs.

TBC Classic launch is similar to an expansion launch lite. And even if those are two different teams, TBC launch and 9.1 won’t happen at the same time. And due to TBC‘s beta having begun yesterday, TBC strings suggesting a May pre patch and 9.1 not having any new info since 1.5 months and it not even being on the PTS yet the priority between TBC launch and 9.1 launch seems pretty clear. I have no idea what’s not to understand in this simple analogy. Especially when we consider TBC most likely comes with a deluxe edition that will create even more revenue.

I even said in my prior post that phases don’t matter much for the schedule. But the launch matters as it creates a massive surge in subs.
    Yes and i've never addressed the phases in the first place, does anybody really think them launching any of the TBC phases requires massive work?
    Most of the time, it's just enabling an instance portal.
    TBC Classic launch is similar to an expansion launch lite.
    And Shadowlands was a full fledged expansion launch, yet Blizzard did not give a shit and still launched Naxx two weeks afterwards.
    TBC strings suggesting a May pre patch and 9.1 not having any new info since 1.5 months and it not even being on the PTS yet the priority between TBC launch and 9.1 launch seems pretty clear. I have no idea what’s not to understand in this simple analogy. Especially when we consider TBC most likely comes with a deluxe edition that will create even more revenue.
    Because the assumption that Blizzard intentionally gives TBC priority over 9.1 is plain weird, the team working on Retail is just behind, the Classic team isn't.

This is the far more reasonable explanation.
    Simply because something comes out sooner, doesn't mean it has a higher priority, especially in the light of the fact that Retail has far higher production costs than TBC and how extremely seasonal Retail has become.

At this point, I would set my money on BC before 9.1. I remember when they launched classic, Blizzard said it required alot more work getting classic up and running than it would for BC. They already have alot of the groundwork done with classic, so BC will be alot easier to set up.

With that in mind, with BC beta already out and that we know very little about 9.1 - im betting on BC first.

Besides, classic beta was a huge success when it came to showcasing the game. Alot of fun stuff happend during the beta. That will certainly help to take attention off of retails current state in the coming months. If BC launches mid may it will be perfect for Blizzard regarding 9.1.

- - - Updated - - -

TBC Classic launch is similar to an expansion launch lite. And even if those are two different teams, TBC launch and 9.1 won’t happen at the same time. And due to TBC‘s beta having begun yesterday, TBC strings suggesting a May pre patch and 9.1 not having any new info since 1.5 months and it not even being on the PTS yet the priority between TBC launch and 9.1 launch seems pretty clear. I have no idea what’s not to understand in this simple analogy. Especially when we consider TBC most likely comes with a deluxe edition that will create even more revenue.
    yep, its perfect. They are obviously delayed with 9.1, so launching BC beta+BC launch AND some sort of BC mount deluxe superduper package for subbing up, Blizzard can carry the retail downtime until 9.1 is out. THey will certainly get high revenue.

Yes and i've never addressed the phases in the first place, does anybody really think them launching any of the TBC phases requires massive work?
    Most of the time, it's just enabling an instance portal.

And Shadowlands was a full fledged expansion launch, yet Blizzard did not give a shit and still launched Naxx two weeks afterwards.

Because the assumption that Blizzard intentionally gives TBC priority over 9.1 is plain weird, the team working on Retail is just behind, the Classic team isn't.

This is the far more reasonable explanation.
    Simply because something comes out sooner, doesn't mean it has a higher priority, especially in the light of the fact that Retail has far higher production costs than TBC and how extremely seasonal Retail has become.
    You never addressed the phases and yet keep mentioning Naxxramas? Again, phases barely matter, if at all. That’s why I don’t bring them up, but you do. In the scenario of TBC Classic launch and 9.1 the latter is just a phase and the first is the expansion launch. And that’s all I am saying here.

Okay, now the team working on 9.1 is behind and the TBC Team isn’t... uhm. And so TBC launch has the priority over 9.1 launch because of that? I mean that’s exactly what I am saying, you’re contradicting yourself here. And it absolutely has something to do with priority. I‘m pretty sure employees for Classic and retail partially overlap and are not two completely different teams. If 9.1 had priority over TBC launch, Blizzard would push hard for that as 9.1 is already late now, in 2-3 months it will be super late. The delay is basically telling that TBC took the priority over the first content patch of Shadowlands.

And I am pretty sure Blizzard initially did not intend this. I think they planned 9.1 to be live way sooner, maybe a March/April release, but then they had to release 9.0.5 (which in my opinion wasn’t planned either) in between and everything became chaotic after that point. And now TBC launch simply has the priority to be released ASAP and 9.1 will follow 4 weeks or later after that. That’s all I’m saying when I say TBC launch has the priority.

first or second... WHO GIVES A FAWK its tbc time

Tbh I see absolutely NO problem with small "content droughts" like this.

Since MoP and WoD this is the first expansion where I "feel" free to try alts, try different legendaries to mess in lower keys, I am not "forced" to grind some arbitrary AP, BUT I still feel stronger week-by-week. Playing with different DPS specs FEEL different again - in Legion and BfA, almost everything felt blurred together, now we have more clear niches.

A suggestion for replayability is to have SOME currency to upgrade everything to 233- a weekly token, maybe from a +20? that lets you upgrade a 226 to a 233.