Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Because whole WOD content was worth just one content patch only. But it was so great content, that it lasted for two years for me - till moment, when I bought Legion around patch 7.2. Just one content patch lasted for 2 years. And therefore I wonder, why can't we have such good content at release?
    I, too, thought that WoD had a good ending. My friends and I were creating new toons and then going through Tanan together - it was great fun.

Personally I think TBC will be released by summer and that 9.1 will be later. I would be surprised if subs aren't declining more than anticipated so ActiBlizz will want to keep subs via TBC. I have already seen a Asmongold video about him being in TBC beta so the hype machine is starting to roll. So the actual release date will be timed more to even out sales.

Quote Originally Posted by mihai25 View Post
    9.1 probably next year
    Lol. People are already bailing on WoW right now as if it's the end of the expansion, they're not gonna stay for another year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next expansion better give us new class, or this game is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbc is more or less just polishing, while 9.1 is literally new patch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Lol. People are already bailing on WoW right now as if it's the end of the expansion, they're not gonna stay for another year.
    and ? as blizz officially stated since ages, most wow profit is from selling exp, not sub, it is why they insisted that bungie makes destiny 2, as bungie said
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Guess that answers OP then. Why is this thread still going on?
    Because it's a lie. They haven't stated that it will come around may.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    tbc is more or less just polishing, while 9.1 is literally new patch

- - - Updated - - -

and ? as blizz officially stated since ages, most wow profit is from selling exp, not sub, it is why they insisted that bungie makes destiny 2, as bungie said
    If the word goes out that the game is dead, it usually turns people off from coming back or even trying the game.

Who cares, everbody awesome plays FFXIV now anyway. The only people left on wow are the dregs of the online community.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Because whole WOD content was worth just one content patch only. But it was so great content, that it lasted for two years for me - till moment, when I bought Legion around patch 7.2. Just one content patch lasted for 2 years. And therefore I wonder, why can't we have such good content at release?
    There must be a thread "WowIsDead64 vs ALL", cuz it seems you like to argue for the sake of arguing and your arguments fall flat easily.

Assuming you don't raid, m+ or pvp, which I'm pretty sure you don't do based on every post you make. The fact taht you like that content and dislike the other, while both are technically equal, doesn't make one have the best replayability. You could have gotten away with 'i enjoyed it the most, far better than SL, but now you got pretty much everyone raising eyebrows at your posts.

Garrison and buildings = Covenant Hall and buildings (the building resource availability isn't acounted for, since we're just breaking down systems)
    Baleful gear = Covenant 197 gear, and future catch-up gear iterations (if you argue that baleful was more powerful - it came out later in the expansion, so it had to be)
    Apexis crystals = Anima
    Tanaan = Maw or any other zone since they all have max level content unlike WoD
    Apexis dailies = World Quests and callings

The systems are pretty much the same (very similar at least), but you love one and hate the other. So either the flavour, which is compeltely personal, or (what I think is the main reason) - resource acquisition rate. Takes longer to farm enough anima than it took to get apexis and/or garrison resources. But those systems lasted for 1-2 months, while anima is supposed to last throughout the expansion.

So at your pace 9.0 will last you for much longer than the 2 years you enjoyed 6.2 for. You should try it.

Tinfoil hat time
    We all know blizzard makes astronomical values selling gamelicenses. 3.3m copies day 1 for wod and legion. 3.5 or so for bfa and 3.7 for SL. multiply that with 40 euro for standard edition (not even counting the other 2 more expensive editions, since we don't know how many bought each of them). Thats a lot of chash coming in. They will make more money selling the next expansion day 1 then the remaining time of SL and classic combined in subs, and they will be bleeding a lot of subs over the months. Obviously this won't work in the long run as fewer and fewer will buy the game if they keep pushing higher quantity, lower quality garbage. But look at bfa. It was a dumpster fire, yet Sl was the fastest selling pc game in history

Quote Originally Posted by Justintime328 View Post
    Who cares, everbody awesome plays FFXIV now anyway. The only people left on wow are the dregs of the online community.
    Why are you here then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Tinfoil hat time
    We all know blizzard makes astronomical values selling gamelicenses. 3.3m copies day 1 for wod and legion. 3.5 or so for bfa and 3.7 for SL. multiply that with 40 euro for standard edition (not even counting the other 2 more expensive editions, since we don't know how many bought each of them). Thats a lot of chash coming in. They will make more money selling the next expansion day 1 then the remaining time of SL and classic combined in subs, and they will be bleeding a lot of subs over the months. Obviously this won't work in the long run as fewer and fewer will buy the game if they keep pushing higher quantity, lower quality garbage. But look at bfa. It was a dumpster fire, yet Sl was the fastest selling pc game in history
    BFA wasnt good all around but it had plenty of content.

WoW can survive every other expansion being meh especially if blizzard doesnt go back and make the same mistakes and such.

I dont think it can survive another WoD tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Why are you here then?

- - - Updated - - -

BFA wasnt good all around but it had plenty of content.

WoW can survive every other expansion being meh especially if blizzard doesnt go back and make the same mistakes and such.

I dont think it can survive another WoD tho
    but it did
    BFA is a serious competitor for worst exp with WoD, yet wow survived BFA, and WoD had lack of content, BFA had horrible content in almost everything, and a crime of story and how they treated N'zoth and Azshara (each deserves an exp alone, not a crappy patch), BFA also had so much gutting that my pally had less spells than in wrath era, the only mistake they flat out admitted
    I had high hopes in BFA, specially warfronts, I really loved the idea on paper and was disappointed with how bad it was, WoD is no competition worse (selfie patch anyone) for me but BFA is easily 2nd worst, yet wow survived both
    MMO in general have heavy investment, and while i don't give a f8ck about BFA investment, i still have investment in wow since 2004, yeah i changed servers multiple times but i have memories since ages, I still even now hear wrath soundtrack and still love it as day 1 i heard it, and hearing Elwynn Forest small sound that was in classic still makes me feel 20 years younger, hence why - sadly - wow needs to be REALLY bad so i leave it for good, and i mean bad as actual horrible game, not 'wow' bad (since even at worst, wow is still good game, WoD is bad wow game, but a good game in general, it isn't like that f8cking idiotic western motorcycle game i can't remember, which is always in top 10 worst games ever made)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    but it did
    BFA is a serious competitor for worst exp with WoD, yet wow survived BFA, and WoD had lack of content, BFA had horrible content in almost everything, and a crime of story and how they treated N'zoth and Azshara (each deserves an exp alone, not a crappy patch), BFA also had so much gutting that my pally had less spells than in wrath era, the only mistake they flat out admitted
    I had high hopes in BFA, specially warfronts, I really loved the idea on paper and was disappointed with how bad it was, WoD is no competition worse (selfie patch anyone) for me but BFA is easily 2nd worst, yet wow survived both
    MMO in general have heavy investment, and while i don't give a f8ck about BFA investment, i still have investment in wow since 2004, yeah i changed servers multiple times but i have memories since ages, I still even now hear wrath soundtrack and still love it as day 1 i heard it, and hearing Elwynn Forest small sound that was in classic still makes me feel 20 years younger, hence why - sadly - wow needs to be REALLY bad so i leave it for good, and i mean bad as actual horrible game, not 'wow' bad (since even at worst, wow is still good game, WoD is bad wow game, but a good game in general, it isn't like that f8cking idiotic western motorcycle game i can't remember, which is always in top 10 worst games ever made)
    honestly i didnt read all of your ramble here.

Anyway. BFA's raid content was mostly fine. The problem WoD has was literally its lack of content.

And thats my point. We can survive another bfa, because ppl will still be raiding new content and so forth. We cant survive another WoD with next to no content

do you need to be subbed to test on the ptr, asking for a friend?

main priority my ass. Tbc would need aprox 15 million subs for a month to reach the same revenue as day 1 of SL. Retail will always be their main prority. Blizzard is doing wow for money, not passion
    It’s like you ignore that classic doubles their subs and to this day, has more raid activity than SL

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is we're going to get 9.1 and the TBC prepatch at about the same time around mid June with TBC classic coming out later on in the summer

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    When for some reason enough people make predictions like late Summer or even Fall, always someone come up with something even more stupid to top them.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    We literally don't know that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd argue there's still too much lore involved for the expac to end with 9.2. ESPECIALLY if 9.1 ends with the Jailer winning (Which is likely the case).

- - - Updated - - -

Since Blizzard's schedule is all fucked, I'd argue that SL could last a lot longer than we thought. Maybe 10.0's announcement could be next February.
    idk why people think extending the first patch cycle means no 9.3
    its possible they dont want an 11 month final patch

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    idk why people think extending the first patch cycle means no 9.3
    its possible they dont want an 11 month final patch
    You learn to expect the worst and hope for the best from blizzard. Just remember their old motto " The games done when Bobby Kotick kicks down our doors with a shot gun screaming " your costing me money" "

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It’s like you ignore that classic doubles their subs and to this day, has more raid activity than SL
    based on what source ? warcraftlogs ? Have some official credible sources on that ?

Because you have no official numbers on raid activity, other then more players being logged on warcraftlogs, which is logical considering every log covers 40 players and every retail log cover 10 to 30 players max. And shitload of retail pugs doesn't even log. so those numbers are as reliable as indian accented microsoft employee.

and here is some official data we can interpret. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...tus/classic-eu
    see how many retail servers on full and high compared to classic in each region ? classic is a fraction of retails players

the majority of people who came back for classic dissapeared again just as fast
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2021-03-25 at 02:56 PM.

based on what source ? warcraftlogs ? Have some official credible sources on that ?

Because you have no official numbers on raid activity, other then more players being logged on warcraftlogs, which is logical considering every log covers 40 players and every retail log cover 10 to 30 players max. And shitload of retail pugs doesn't even log. so those numbers are as reliable as indian accented microsoft employee.

and here is some official data we can interpret. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga...tus/classic-eu
    see how many retail servers on full and high compared to classic in each region ? classic is a fraction of retails players

the majority of people who came back for classic dissapeared again just as fast
    how about blizzard's own words during their last years of corporate meetings where wow classic is hailed as the savior of their pockets?