Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Running Fatigue, an end to kiting?

Should running Fatigue be introduced in WoW?

We know running fatigue from other games, such as CoD.

Would it be a good fix to end endless kiting in pvp?
    Would it be an extra step to take into account for PvE top world strats?

Yes/No?

What's wrong with kiting?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post

Yes/No?
    No. Casters are hard enough to play, especially in PvP, where you will barely get a cast off with all the uber mobility of (most) melee these days. Nerf kiting, and you may very well eliminate non-healer casters from arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    No. Casters are hard enough to play, especially in PvP, where you will barely get a cast off with all the uber mobility of (most) melee these days. Nerf kiting, and you may very well eliminate non-healer casters from arena.
    This doesn't happen in other MMOs with sprint/sta/dodge functions.

In these MMOs the melee/ranged balance dynamic continues to be one about fundamentals first, with the stamina gauge if anything introducing equal tech that is simply useful in different ways to different roles.

In these MMOs, it's commonly just another way to juke, while also minimizing time not casting with proper use of the meter.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes/No?
    Too late. It should've been added at the existence of World of Warcraft as you would have to implement a stat for it as well to permit people to increase their stamina to keep running, then rename the HP stat to something else.

All in all, not really a good idea either, punishing a group of people because another group of people can't use their utility.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove every melee gap closer and we might discuss this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Sure. While your at it, give melee the same fatigue so that they can't endlessly swing their weapons around.

hah... i came into this thinking this would be an anti kiting M+ tank meta. I stopped tanking high M+ because I don't want to kite every pull as a tank its just not fun to me and I have seen multiple youtube vids from popular streamers expressing similar thoughts. This proposed change would make doing that impossible so the tanks would just die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah ty. Daze is already annoying and you wanna add another shitty slow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Don't give blizzard ideas for a new affix. While in combat your running speed is reduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I haven't kited anything in years. I was never any good at it anyway. I would have never gotten the Rhok'delar bow in Vanilla if somebody else wouldn't have kited those demons for me.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    No that would suck.

Kiting is part of the game and should always be part of the game. There are no skillshots in WoW where small skilled movements let you dodge enemy attacks. You either face tank an enemy or you kite. If you remove kiting, it will devolve into face tanking everything, which is boring.

Kiting is a tool that separates the good player from the bad one. That’s why the bad players complain about it so much.

LMFAO. I'm picturing a poor Vengeance DH limping along. "I can't... I just can't Inferno Strike."'

OT: This may actually be the worst suggestion I've ever seen on this forum. Kiting isn't a problem. In fact, it's a skill many tanks could stand to learn how to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... you want to implement consequences for kiting rather than address the game mechanics that require kiting in the first place?

You didn't even give any reasons as to why to "end" kiting. Other than "endlessly kiting" in PvP but that is more of a testament to class balance, tuning, and how PvP is played rather than an unintended exploit.

This is next level. Or not level enough.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-03-24 at 07:37 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Unless WoW gets a Sprint/Dodge mechanic like GW2 does, this shouldn't happen. At all
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Yes/No?
    Expand on your idea because at the moment it sounds like you want to introduce something to the game, to annoy the piss out of me (and others who agree) because of two activities I don't take part in. If your answer is "yes, it should affect the whole game" I'm gonna have to go with a big no lol

If your answer is "Nah it's just M+, M raids, and rated PVP" then well, I don't do those so I can't speak for them.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Yes/No?
    I'll be honest mr or mrs OP, I do not like the idea of fatigue at all. HOWEVER, I personally hate the kiting in both pvp and pve - to some extent at least. I understand it's a skill, totally fine with that, but no, I don't like it at all. I did enjoy the "old" style of pve kiting - shammies with totems, hunters obv, mages. But only when it was limited to controlling adds, for example. I don't like the m+ meta of runrunrun little man, and that's as a tank. It just doesn't feel very......tanky. To me, a tank is the brute force bastard at the front of the fight, banging his sword on his shield screaming "COME AND GET IT MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!" ....rather than whipping them with a wet towel then running around and around giggling "teehee can't catch me, teehee" like a greased up dude.

I just don't think fatigue is the solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    LMFAO. I'm picturing a poor Vengeance DH limping along. "I can't... I just can't Inferno Strike."'

OT: This may actually be the worst suggestion I've ever seen on this forum. Kiting isn't a problem. In fact, it's a skill many tanks could stand to learn how to do.
    Yes, because the tank role is all about being a pussy and running away from the mobs

15+ Year Old Account

Yes/No?
    100% YES!!! Slowing mobs in a PvE setting while your ranged kills them is perfectly fine. Having a tank keep AOE threat against almost everything in a dungeon while your melee and ranged kill things is bullshit. Tanks are meant to take damage, mitigate damage, and dodge/block damage not hold AOE threat while running away from everything. There's a reason why a tank has the most HP, most armor (even leather wearing tanks have more HP than anyone else including all druids who just go into bear form do too), and all the mitigation cooldowns they have. Its not so they can run around kiting shit endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Then what they need to do is increase the CD on interrupts if fatigue is added. This would allow casters to not have to kite in order just to survive melee's attacks which aren't interrupted or able to be silenced. Problem solved on casters needing to kite to survive/kill shit in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Remove every melee gap closer and we might discuss this.
    Again 100% support this idea!!! Remove deathgrip from working on players. Make charge go back to the old version where its not usable while in combat. Remove divine steed. Remove both dash and sprint from druid/rogue and force them to only use a new "every character gets a sprint that is subject to fatigue" ability.

Quote Originally Posted by vicour View Post
    Sure. While your at it, give melee the same fatigue so that they can't endlessly swing their weapons around.
    Another 100% support this!!! As it is, melee have no penalty for attacking outside of having to be in range of a player, can't be silenced, and can't be interrupted as there is nothing to interrupt due to no cast times. The whole reason why casters have to kite is because if they don't melee will just sit there beating on them and interrupt them while they are trying to cast heals or damage abilities all while using mana as a resource too. Melee's ability source is not mana but instead things that regen rather quickly while they are also auto attacking. Literally no penalty what so ever for melee in a PvP setting if they are able to be up on a person attacking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    hah... i came into this thinking this would be an anti kiting M+ tank meta. I stopped tanking high M+ because I don't want to kite every pull as a tank its just not fun to me and I have seen multiple youtube vids from popular streamers expressing similar thoughts. This proposed change would make doing that impossible so the tanks would just die.
    That's only like that because of prideful and other affixes which can easily be changed. Generally in a raid setting and a PvP setting tanks don't have to kite shit endlessly like they do in M+ settings. Changing affixes and once prideful is gone, there wouldn't be an issue of tanks dying because they didn't kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    I haven't kited anything in years. I was never any good at it anyway. I would have never gotten the Rhok'delar bow in Vanilla if somebody else wouldn't have kited those demons for me.
    Dude vanilla was so fun as a hunter if you knew how to kite properly. I remember kiting Drakk in UBRS a lot on my hunter and loved every minute of it. Some times I would go to Beast's room and some times I would go all the way back to where Rend was. Some of the most fun in the game if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    In fact, it's a skill many tanks could stand to learn how to do.
    Why should tanks learn a skill to not attack something that they are holding threat on and run away from it while holding threat instead of learning how to utilize mitigation cooldowns and positioning crap so everyone can kill stuff properly? Kiting is not a skill tanks should have to learn let alone master. Kiting is something squishy dps should be good at so they don't die in the open world when they are killing shit solo. Just because the meta has become "we need to kite these 2-4 packs of mobs so ranged can AOE them down while I hold threat on them" doesn't mean that's how things SHOULD be done. Its just what it has developed into.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    because of two activities I don't take part in
    So you don't PvP and you don't do M+ (the two things this would affect) so I'm not understanding how this proposed change would affect you given those are the two places, outside of soloing stuff as a squishy dps like a mage or warlock or priest, would happen.