Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why would it affect 10.0? If it affects something, it’s 9.2 / 9.3, isn’t it?
    Players hated BFA, players hate SL, for different reasons that are seemingly contradictory with why they hated BFA.

If, indeed, Blizz is going to hold back 9.1 to give BCC a clear launch, that implies more people reliably are playing Classic than SL, especially since Naxx and SL launched basically on top of each other.

So what would a scenario where Classic is "beating" retail mean for 10.0? Nothing? More wild penduluming between WoD and Legion style expansions? More Classic returning to Retail?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's the second greatest mystery in WoW.

Greatest is what any of this means for 10.0.
    Considering Death is the biggest enemy of the Void rn...

10.0 is PROLLY going to be about Light and Shadow. We'll likely explore more of Order too, since Sargeras is still out there.

Players hated BFA, players hate SL, for different reasons that are seemingly contradictory with why they hated BFA.

If, indeed, Blizz is going to hold back 9.1 to give BCC a clear launch, that implies more people reliably are playing Classic than SL, especially since Naxx and SL launched basically on top of each other.

So what would a scenario where Classic is "beating" retail mean for 10.0? Nothing? More wild penduluming between WoD and Legion style expansions? More Classic returning to Retail?
    Ah, you were thinking about way more than me. I was just thinking of how a late 9.1 would affect the release date of 10.0 which I answer with doesn’t affect it at all (as 10.0 is pretty much set in stone to release Q3/4 2022). If late 9.1 has any effect, it‘ll result in cutting short 9.2 or not having 9.3 at all.

If what you’re saying is right (I hope it is as the outcome would be healthy for retail) we might have some major gameplay readjustments for 10.0 and not Legion 4.0.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    looks like 9.2 will be the last patch
    We literally don't know that.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd argue there's still too much lore involved for the expac to end with 9.2. ESPECIALLY if 9.1 ends with the Jailer winning (Which is likely the case).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Ah, you were thinking about way more than me. I was just thinking of how a late 9.1 would affect the release date of 10.0 which I answer with doesn’t affect it at all (as 10.0 is pretty much set in stone to release Q3/4 2022). If late 9.1 has any effect, it‘ll result in cutting short 9.2 or not having 9.3 at all.

If what you’re saying is right (I hope it is as the outcome would be healthy for retail) we might have some major gameplay readjustments for 10.0 and not Legion 4.0.
    Since Blizzard's schedule is all fucked, I'd argue that SL could last a lot longer than we thought. Maybe 10.0's announcement could be next February.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    9.1 for sure. Classic isn't until the Summer as I recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You - made - the - claim.

Do you not know how this works?

The burden of proof is on the claimee - hence why i just a short while ago quoted your innitial claim.

This is basic stuff. Like. Real basic
    I guess he has the Mad Duke avatar for a reason, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Tbh I see absolutely NO problem with small "content droughts" like this.

Since MoP and WoD this is the first expansion where I "feel" free to try alts, try different legendaries to mess in lower keys, I am not "forced" to grind some arbitrary AP, BUT I still feel stronger week-by-week. Playing with different DPS specs FEEL different again - in Legion and BfA, almost everything felt blurred together, now we have more clear niches.

A suggestion for replayability is to have SOME currency to upgrade everything to 233- a weekly token, maybe from a +20? that lets you upgrade a 226 to a 233.
    Since it's beginning to look like a May/June release, I wouldn't consider going up to 7 months of no new content right after the release of an expansion to be a "small" content drought though. It's a pretty major one at that.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO, people hate shadowlands for relatively trivial reasons compared to what was going on with BfA. A large amount of shadowland's issues could have been patched in weeks after release, they just never bothered to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You get 1 renown from each calling quest. And arent they max level lol? I'm pretty sure they are max level

Just rechecked on my 51 rogue. You only have the aid the zones quest til you are max level. No Callings mate
    you don't get one with each calling, it's random.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    you don't get one with each calling, it's random.
    I've been getting them with callings on alts but it might still be random on those.

BfA is grindy expansion, people hated BfA, BfA increased sales record from 3.3M to 3.4M, SL has almost 0 grind for power, people hated SL, SL increased sales record from 3.4M to 3.7M.

Guys, I have feeling that this whole "people hating retail" could be just few forums dwellers that hate everything that is current. But we need more data, since 10+ years apparently isn't f*cking enough.

First day sales mean basically nothing when everybody stops playing after the first month.

WotLK had smaller first day sales, but had the peak in subs. The same goes for Cataclysm and MoP, all lower initial sales, but way healthier population over the course and not these massive drops after the first months. BfA and Shadowlands peak on day 1 and then it’s going downwards.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-03-24 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Why again are you comparing a mid expansion catchup zone (Tanaan) to an initial launch?

The truth is until 6.2 WoD had exactly 1 garrison based daily quest to fill up the bar as the “world content.”

Other than that you were doing raids/dungeons (for a week)/PvP for gear and character improvement.

Token gear for upgrades on alts as part of catchup has been a staple since Timeless Isle.

We had them in WoD, Legion, BFA, and likely will again in Shadowlands in a future patch.
    Because whole WOD content was worth just one content patch only. But it was so great content, that it lasted for two years for me - till moment, when I bought Legion around patch 7.2. Just one content patch lasted for 2 years. And therefore I wonder, why can't we have such good content at release?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    WOD had the best replayability in Wow's history, that allowed it to live long enough without new content
    What are you talking about? WoD had no replayability because there was no content...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    TBC is months of alpha and beta...
    Classic Vanilla alpha/beta only lasted 3 Months. There's significantly less content to test for BC, so logic dictates it's going to be a shorter beta than Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Some people dislike retail. They don't like how easy and trivial things are.

Some people dislike Classic. Most don't like how slow and grindy it is.

Neither are wrong and bother are playing a game they enjoy. Stop speaking for other people by saying, "People hate retail." or, "People hate classic." Because the fact of the matter is there is a profitable amount of people that enjoy both.

Now just because TBC releases before 9.1 absolutely doesn't mean that they prioritized TBC. There is an extreme vast of variables that could have occurred that caused TBC to launch first. The same could be said if it were vice-versa. Blizz is going by their "plan" as best they can.

Surely I'll see the, "You don't work for blizz, you don't know that." replies. Well, you don't either and you can't say for a known fact that anything is being prioritized over something else.

Nonetheless, TBC beta is here now. It shouldn't take nearly as long as classic because of the servers still being intact, they won't have to do as much work as classic required.

Lastly just to add, if I could change anything about an upcoming retail expac, or something about the previous ones, Blizz needs to get away from having niche gear for every expansion. For the longest time we had gear that was automatically equipped to us, and then improved throughout an expansion. They're focusing far too much effort on those kinds of content stories. I feel we need to get back to a simpler method of improving characters than grinding for whatever currency to upgrade our corrupted gear or grinding for anima (or whatever currency) to improve a class/faction hall that we'll more than likely never use after that given content patch.

Releasing smaller "side raids" like VoA or Ony or even Obsidian Sanctum like we used to have really makes the content seem to last longer. Giving players one 9-12 boss raid every 6-8 months isn't going to keep PvE'ers

3+ Year Old Account
    TBC first in mid-late june, 9.1 in late summer (Aug-Sept). That's what makes the most sense.

TBC will most likely comes first.
    According to this leak, TBC Pre patch will release on May 18th. (but could just be a placeholder)
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news/wow...ne-date-321362
    https://www.vanion.eu/news/burning-c...mai-2021-23803

A big Content Patch like 9.1 needs 2-3 months of PTR tests. So put my guess on late June as earliest Date for 9.1.
    Most likely 9.1 will hit in July, maybe August.

Seen quite a bit of news for TBC than 9.1 than the 1 wowhead article of 9.1. Place my bet on TBC

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally hope that it does not release until mid June the earliest. Right now Shadowlands is a big disappointment, it is once again a great potential, the highest potential of all and it is dying short to its expectations. Since BfA WoW is all about mythic plus rushing runs. That is not World of Warcraft, not even remotely.

So I am hoping that a lot of people go offline and, hopefully, a lot of people go to classic and BC classic instead. Only then, and with luck, Activision will realize that we like the game Blizzard created more than the one they spoiled with their instant gratification profitability business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Imphrazel View Post
    TBC will most likely comes first.
    According to this leak, TBC Pre patch will release on May 18th. (but could just be a placeholder)
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news/wow...ne-date-321362
    https://www.vanion.eu/news/burning-c...mai-2021-23803

A big Content Patch like 9.1 needs 2-3 months of PTR tests. So put my guess on late June as earliest Date for 9.1.
    Most likely 9.1 will hit in July, maybe August.
    Pre patch release in May and TBC launch in June makes a lot of sense though. From Beta to pre patch it’s about 1.5-2 months, from beta to launch it‘s 2.5-3 months. It fits the schedule very well. If TBC launches in June, we can be pretty sure that 9.1 won’t come in June as well, so it’s July the earliest.

9.1 probably next year