Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    To be fair the highest earning income states are all almost hard core democrat so you get a lot of people who do not bother to vote because its a lock on the broken EC for that state.

    Also exit polls are one of the worst things to go off.
    Feel free to provide a better source then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    You should direct your arguments at claims and ideas that relate to the topic and not at people. .
    You're the one living in denial. I mean the likes of devos made 9 figures ...enriching herself while encouraging stupidity for students everywhere as Sec of Education. And I can't help to think you applaud that and every way to escape paying her share of taxes. ...shit, scum such as this should have their wealth dispossessed and spend a few years in jail.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Source?

    Report them to the tax agency and law enforcement if they are breaking the law.


    A small amount of rich people already contribute a majority of the resources that pay for public services. Just because you could use more of other people's stuff that does not mean it's a good idea for the rest of society to forcibly take it without their consent.
    How come you haven't responded to the number of posters linking facts debunking your premise? The rich do not pay their fair share our tax code is heavily written in their favor.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How come you haven't responded to the number of posters linking facts debunking your premise? The rich do not pay their fair share our tax code is heavily written in their favor.
    Probably because of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Why waste time? Just say it's wrong. You never believe anything that doesn't slavishly idolize wealth, regardless the source, facts or the truth.

  5. #65
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    So i guess the IRS is lying since the raw data from the IRS says the top 5% only pay 41.6% which is not the majority.
    Factor in state taxes its even farther away from "majority"
    Okay so just substitute the top 5% for 10% if you're so worried about the remaining 9% of the revenue. It makes little difference since the point is a small amount of people are paying most of the taxes which means progressive taxation is already working as intended. Democrats already know this which is why they have already reduced their earlier tax proposals down to a more realistic level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Rich paid about 41%
    Middle class paid 52.
    Poor paid 7%
    That's arbitrary though because it depends on how you want to demarcate an upper-middle class person from a lower upper-class person. There's no ultimate authority when it comes to these kinds of relativistic categories but I'd say it depends on how a self-identifying middle class person views themselves compared to a person who is in the 90th percentile. 90-94th percentile people should probably not be counted in the middle class category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How come you haven't responded to the number of posters linking facts debunking your premise?
    Too many distractions happening inside and outside the house!
    The rich do not pay their fair share our tax code is heavily written in their favor.
    "Fair" is subjective when it comes to tax numbers. Some people see a flat/universal tax rate as being the fairest which means progressive tax rates are already more than fair(generous) to begin with.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-03-24 at 04:18 AM.
    Optimism! (HumanProgress.org)

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Both are easily attainable so why is it either or? Billionaires aren't the cause of poor people's problems so even if they disappeared nothing would magically improve for poor people.
    I'd say the wholesale robbing of the middle and lower classes by the upper class, while productivity has gone up year after year for decades, would qualify as a cause. Not to mention all the taxes they are dodging.

    What is your theory for why life is getting less affordable by the year?

    To be clear, I really don't give a flying fuck about fairness for billionaires. I care about the well being of the 99%. And you should too.

  7. #67
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,737
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Too many distractions happening inside and outside the house!
    Okay then whenever you come back, take 10 minutes to just read through the thread and reply to people who quoted sources at you.
    Or proceed to also ignore this post

  8. #68
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    It Was Capitalism All Along
    Posts
    53,674
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Some people see a flat/universal tax rate as being the fairest
    And those people are wrong. What's your point?
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  9. #69
    - Boss, we've been caught doing shit, and social media is raging at us. We're gonna have to put out a statement.
    - Alright, I know how to handle this.
    ....
    - Dear, Twitter, we support diversity and inclusion.
    *cheers
    - Yes, and those BLM guys, we support those too.
    *cheers
    - Orange man bad.
    *cheers
    ....
    - Wow, boss, you totally aced that.
    - It's what I do. *puts cigar in mouth*

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Brain surgery pointless.... 15k handbag...
    and what is bad about people buying 15k bags ? this generates well paid jobs for owner of company who sells 15k bags, designers who design them , seamstresses who make them , people who provide that company with materials,people who produce those materials , and people who sell those bags in shops (people in expensive boutiques are usually very well paid) and sometimes even bodyguards who you can sometimes meet in those shops .

    all those people later pump out those money back into economy in various forms.

    i say the more people buying 15k bags or 2k $ iphones the better.

    only bad thing is if person making 2k a month buys such 15k bag. this is the only bad case of such purchase. becuase its bad for that person's future. but if someone make like 100k a month why shouldnt he buy a 15k bag for himself.

    the only reason you hate those people is pure unmitigated jealousy .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2021-03-24 at 10:27 AM.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Do greedy millionaires and billionaires hide behind the middle class for the same reasons terrorist hide behind innocent civilians the only difference is paying politicians to make it legal?
    No, that doesn't make sense at all.

    Terrorist hide among civilians in order to avoid capture by the authorities, if the civilians actively participate it's because they are sympathetic to the cause or intimidated by the terrorists.
    Millionaires are easy to find and they don't need to hide among civilians; as the authorities aren't out to arrest them.

    Or in super-hero terms (I believe there are some similar super-villains as well; and obviously there are some weird stories where it differs): Batman as the vigilante is hiding his true identity, whereas no-one wonders where Bruce Wayne is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I seen a snippet on Yahoo Kylie Jenner set up a Gofundme for one of her employees and it made me wonder.
    Who? I've heard the name, but honestly don't know who it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Elon Musk being a pretty good example now too.
    Obviously some millionaires do bad things, but SEC never had a problem in finding or fining Musk; whereas finding Osama bin Laden took some effort as he was hiding among civilians.

    Obviously it's a problem if the bad guys control the government in various ways - in particular the judiciary arm - but terrorists normally don't do that; except in a few failed states. There's also a problem that the police move slowly in new areas, whereas we have new companies founded of the idea of "Move fast, and break things/laws."

  12. #72
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,045
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    - Orange man bad.
    You really think this is an appropriate thread to bring up Trump as a victim? Do you have any self awareness?

    I really want to know an answer to this one, because it should explain how greedy billionaires get away with it. How did you read the thread title, to choose to have a post with Trump the victim, instead of an example? Now that he has to pay for it, where did all the rallies go? I want to know how wealth, turns a billionaire with a long history of ripping his own fans, lenders, workers and just about anyone else who got between him and money, isn’t a greedy billionaire, but is their victim. You wouldn’t fall for this if it were some broke asshole trying to rip you off... What’s different about this NYC oligarch, billionaire, that paints him as an example of a victim of billionaires?

    It might just be me... but, when I think of greedy billionaire abuses, it never goes to Trump being an example of a victim. I more think of workers... like 20% of coal miners that got laid off, after Trump send subsidies to oil barons. Here you have Trump, a billionaire with government at his fingertips, choosing to give tax payer money to other billionaires, while claiming it’s for the workers. Trickle down was never an economic concept that directly benefits the workers. It depends on billionaires getting money, then crossing fingers that they will use that money to pay workers, instead of lobby GOP against a minimum wage increase.

    I just find it fascinating... How a billionaire, oligarch from NYC, who has talked about going to ‘NYC elites’ galas with his father, as some of his fondest child memories... is a successful populist? I am a big pop culture fan... but, from music to film... Trump was the embodiment of NYC billionaires, that spit on the general public. So... what happened? It wasn’t a switch over a long period of time... 2014 still has music that references Trump, as an example of billionaires that are oblivious of normal people... like how Trump thinks you need ID to buy bread... How did that, become populist to the point you used him, as an example of a victim of greedy billionaires?

    Edit: A response saying “just look at my name”, is an understandable, but unacceptable answer.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-24 at 12:55 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    "Fair" is subjective when it comes to tax numbers. Some people see a flat/universal tax rate as being the fairest which means progressive tax rates are already more than fair(generous) to begin with.
    Fair is a number therefore not subjective, it is unfair for a regular person getting a salary pays more than a billionaire. I am not sure what planet you think that is "subjective".

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You really think this is an appropriate thread to bring up Trump as a victim? Do you have any self awareness?

    I really want to know an answer to this one, because it should explain how greedy billionaires get away with it. How did you read the thread title, to choose to have a post with Trump the victim, instead of an example? Now that he has to pay for it, where did all the rallies go? I want to know how wealth, turns a billionaire with a long history of ripping his own fans, lenders, workers and just about anyone else who got between him and money, isn’t a greedy billionaire, but is their victim. You wouldn’t fall for this if it were some broke asshole trying to rip you off... What’s different about this NYC oligarch, billionaire, that paints him as an example of a victim of billionaires?

    It might just be me... but, when I think of greedy billionaire abuses, it never goes to Trump being an example of a victim. I more think of workers... like 20% of coal miners that got laid off, after Trump send subsidies to oil barons. Here you have Trump, a billionaire with government at his fingertips, choosing to give tax payer money to other billionaires, while claiming it’s for the workers. Trickle down was never an economic concept that directly benefits the workers. It depends on billionaires getting money, then crossing fingers that they will use that money to pay workers, instead of lobby GOP against a minimum wage increase.

    I just find it fascinating... How a billionaire, oligarch from NYC, who has talked about going to ‘NYC elites’ galas with his father, as some of his fondest child memories... is a successful populist? I am a big pop culture fan... but, from music to film... Trump was the embodiment of NYC billionaires, that spit on the general public. So... what happened? It wasn’t a switch over a long period of time... 2014 still has music that references Trump, as an example of billionaires that are oblivious of normal people... like how Trump thinks you need ID to buy bread... How did that, become populist to the point you used him, as an example of a victim of greedy billionaires?

    Edit: A response saying “just look at my name”, is an understandable, but unacceptable answer.
    This isn't about Trump. This is how bad people calm the masses of idiots by just saying the right things and pretending like they support what the idiots want, AND IT WORKS EVERY TIME.

    The more woke a company is, the more bullshit it's involved in. Disney taking the cake.

  15. #75
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,045
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    "Fair" is subjective when it comes to tax numbers. Some people see a flat/universal tax rate as being the fairest which means progressive tax rates are already more than fair(generous) to begin with.
    This is false... even you used the idea that US already has a flat tax, as an attack on our existing tax rates.

    If you look at what people are saying about taxes, they oppose a flat tax. Very few people talk about why our tax system is terrible, from the right, without attacking our current tax system, as if it’s already a flat tax. Every single argument that hinges on getting paid more, being punished by taxes, either assumes we have a flat tax or is really bad at math.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    This isn't about Trump.
    Look at the thread title... name a better example? I mean an example of a greedy billionaire... not a victim there of, as you did... when you brought him up.

    This is how bad people calm the masses of idiots by just saying the right things and pretending like they support what the idiots want, AND IT WORKS EVERY TIME.
    Like when Trump put on a hard hat and acted like Zoolander, in that coal mine scene? Like my example of Trump’s subsidies to billionaires?

    No, your example is companies distancing them selfs from Trump. What’s next? Are you going to complain about news reporting on Trump? Scream fake news? What are you going to do, to protect a greedy billionaire? Fake news!!!!!!!

    The more woke a company is, the more bullshit it's involved in. Disney taking the cake.
    Yeah, write it down boys and girls... the way greedy billionaire negatively impact the populace... is not through shady deals ripping off workers, by oligarchs like Trump... no... no... no... It’s cartoons... the issue is... CARTOONS!!!! That’s the problem the world and America needs to deal with... fucking... CARTOONS!!!

    What’s that line from working class hero?

    Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
    And you think you're so clever and classless and free
    But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see
    Edit: I want to climb the highest mountain... just so with my limited breath... I can scream two words, before passing out... Lola Bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Edit: Since you brought up Disney... Do you happen to know the movie Powder?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-24 at 01:23 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  16. #76
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,180
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    This isn't about Trump. This is how bad people calm the masses of idiots by just saying the right things and pretending like they support what the idiots want, AND IT WORKS EVERY TIME.

    The more woke a company is, the more bullshit it's involved in. Disney taking the cake.
    lol, Trump is one of those greedy "billionares" that fucks it up for the rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

  17. #77
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,045
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    lol, Trump is one of those greedy "billionares" that fucks it up for the rest of the world.
    That’s the thing that interests me the most... How? Of all people, how did Trump become populist? Gordon Gekko, Biff, Francis Buxton... are all significant pop culture icons, that resemble Trump. It doesn’t make any sense... they complain about media treating Trump badly, but didn’t seem to have a problem when watching back to the future... wallstreet... or peewees big adventure...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  18. #78

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s the thing that interests me the most... How? Of all people, how did Trump become populist? Gordon Gekko, Biff, Francis Buxton... are all significant pop culture icons, that resemble Trump. It doesn’t make any sense... they complain about media treating Trump badly, but didn’t seem to have a problem when watching back to the future... wallstreet... or peewees big adventure...
    Only one out of those 4 people is openly racist. See JohnBrown1917's sig for details.

  20. #80
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    27,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s the thing that interests me the most... How? Of all people, how did Trump become populist? Gordon Gekko, Biff, Francis Buxton... are all significant pop culture icons, that resemble Trump. It doesn’t make any sense... they complain about media treating Trump badly, but didn’t seem to have a problem when watching back to the future... wallstreet... or peewees big adventure...
    Most of the big racist orgs, like PragerU, are also funded by Billionares. Nothing new for billionaires to use racism to win people behind them. Trump just took it to its logical conclusion. Why would a narcissist hide behind an org when he can get all the attention?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    it’s mostly a syndicalist fantasy that “the workers” are going to rise up, which is disconnected from the fact that “the workers” are your racist uncle and jerk co-workers who you don’t like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The election has passed and 58 million working class Americans stood up and proved that they are in fact your racist uncle and jerk co-workers.
    They really can't help but show disdain for the working class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •