Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Has Maldraxxus actually ever fulfilled its purpose of defending Shadowlands from outsiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Wait. Did they just fucking retconned something from a patch before?
    Is this even surprising at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Wait really? I didnt see that part. Like, I understand if they make a mistake and add a note to handwave it later but if they're handwaving it before it even goes live that doesn't make sense. Like, they could literally choose any other character to be a previous Night Warrior.
    But that would take more effort than simply writing a short note. And Blizzard's writers always take the path of least resistance.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2021-04-30 at 08:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Has Maldraxxus actually ever fulfilled its purpose of defending Shadowlands from outsiders?
    According to the tomes you retrieve from Revendreth as part of the Professor's quests, yes. Although the Venthyr author notes that the colleterial damage they caused in the process might've been worse than the damage the invading force itself was causing. They also appear to have repelled an invasion of the Void in the Shadowlands, albeit not the one that we see in Bastion that is ended by Agthia's sacrifice.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's rather stupid, given that it was Renathal himself that gave this information and it is part of the reason why she was essentially unassailable.

- - - Updated - - -

Worst part is that there's no practical need for this retcon anyway. What's the point of tying her to Elune?
    It's a different Stonewright. The original Stonewright was made by Denathrius, the Gargoyle one is a new one made from a soul and apparently the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It's a different Stonewright. The original Stonewright was made by Denathrius, the Gargoyle one is a new one made from a soul and apparently the third.
    What a mess. "Not the original Stonewright", "Not the original Tear of Elune"... hell, why not just tell us the Ursoc from the Ardenweald cinematic wasn't the Ursoc we know, but rather just completely different being which just happened to be named Ursoc and took a form of a bear... and died in some nightmarish environment.

Hell, let's go even further. Replace some of the capital city vendors with Jailer's model. But! They are not the bad Jailer. Just some other creatures who so happened to look like him. Since Shadowlands ruined (and continues to ruin) any form of continuity of this universe, might as well go all out.

... terrible thought just appeared in my mind. They can kill off Sylvanas in 9.1 then say it wasn't the real Sylvanas, that the real Sylvanas was trapped within the Maw since she jumped from ICC. Why not.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    What a mess. "Not the original Stonewright", "Not the original Tear of Elune"
    Oh come on, you're blowing this way out of proportion. Renathal being an idiot was pretty much clear since his original revolution plan was revealed to be "run at Denathrius screaming", and this is the third Tear already. We never even got our hands on the first we know of and Elune has been shown before to be able to produce more. Not sure why any of the Pillars would be irreproducible anyway.

Oh come on, you're blowing this way out of proportion. Renathal being an idiot was pretty much clear since his original revolution plan was revealed to be "run at Denathrius screaming", and this is the third Tear already. We never even got our hands on the first we know of and Elune has been shown before to be able to produce more. Not sure why any of the Pillars would be irreproducible anyway.
    Why, don't you realize that this is the worst thing Activision-Blizzard ever did? They're ruining the lore forever through this very mild alteration of established lore that was established in a snorefest of an expansion anyway where we'll all forget the lore in a hot minute.

Why, don't you realize that this is the worst thing Activision-Blizzard ever did? They're ruining the lore forever through this very mild alteration of established lore that was established in a snorefest of an expansion anyway where we'll all forget the lore in a hot minute.
    I dunno, i stopped counting those once we went into quadruple digits.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I'm just surprised how many ancient beings are turning out to be totally clueless and brainless this expansion.
    It happened the same with the BL in Legion, and Aszhara/N'Zoth in BfA, not to mention half of Alliance's leadership and the entirety of Horde's.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Not even against the Light that attacked Revendreth as a retaliation for the Dreadlords' actions.

They were like: "oh shit, it's the light. No way we're getting involved...."

From what we are told in-game it seems that they are essentially constantly at war, and the times they are not directly helping are the outliers.

The Revendreth thing is also really the only time we are directly told they did not help, and the implication very much seems to be that the Primus figured that Denathrius needed to sort his own mess.
    The Void invasion in Basion might seem to not have Maldraxxus forces but we are not actually directly told they were not fighting over the next hill somewhere, or even if the Void invasion took place over several zones and the Maldraxxus forces were needed in some of them. Could also for that matter be that the Void invasion was quick enoughj that the Maldraxxus forces could not mobilize before it was already over.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Yeah it's the Curator's Note on the Sinstone of Wrath on the Sinfall Dais in 9.1 and it really does seem like some abrupt hand waving. I don't know why they decided to do it but it's already confirmed she was a Night Warrior with the latest Night Fae quest line.
    What really irks me about it is how the Curator, a Venthyr who has demonstrated serious memory lapses and borderline ADD behavior throughout the campaign, somehow magically remembers this piece of asspull corrective history. I suppose it keeps in line with ditziness she's flashed from time to time, but it's going to be infuriating if the writers continue to lean into this personality quirk to rewrite things on the fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    What really irks me about it is how the Curator, a Venthyr who has demonstrated serious memory lapses and borderline ADD behavior throughout the campaign, somehow magically remembers this piece of asspull corrective history. I suppose it keeps in line with ditziness she's flashed from time to time, but it's going to be infuriating if the writers continue to lean into this personality quirk to rewrite things on the fly.
    Well, it could be a sign of recovery. She clearly states that her current situation is a result of her stay in the Maw and she was considerably more clearheaded before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Duskwind View Post
    The Night Warrior subplot is kinda weird overall.

The Stonewright beiing a Night Warrior doesnt actually make sense givne previous context, but at least makes sense when we consider her title and such.
    Khalliq being a Night Warrior meanwhile isnt actively going against canon, but in contrast to the Stonewright feels like an absolutely random character to make a Night Warrior. Might as well have been the quartermaster for all it matters.

I guess it is to be expected when Blizzard did not actively seed characters who could more believably be revealed as a former Night Warrior, but it is what it is I suppose. At least one of the two revealed characters didnt require a sloppy retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The Night Warrior subplot is kinda weird overall.

The Stonewright beiing a Night Warrior doesnt actually make sense givne previous context, but at least makes sense when we consider her title and such.
    Khalliq being a Night Warrior meanwhile isnt actively going against canon, but in contrast to the Stonewright feels like an absolutely random character to make a Night Warrior. Might as well have been the quartermaster for all it matters.

I guess it is to be expected when Blizzard did not actively seed characters who could more believably be revealed as a former Night Warrior, but it is what it is I suppose. At least one of the two revealed characters didnt require a sloppy retcon.
    I really don't see why they had to use the Stonewright. Could easily have just made it some other character that happens to be the first ex-mortal Venthyr. For that matter, why are they putting Night Warriors everywhere all of a sudden anyway?

I really don't see why they had to use the Stonewright. Could easily have just made it some other character that happens to be the first ex-mortal Venthyr. For that matter, why are they putting Night Warriors everywhere all of a sudden anyway?
    I think they are trying to set up a Elune related patch/expansion(?)

They obviously need at least a few Night Warriors for the Night fae questline to make sense. Huln went to travel the Shadowlands and he needs ot return with some answers.

i like.but,Id like this like a 3 DH spec too.night warrior.
    seem interesting all this,but blizzard...u know them,they dont like work and bring good things,they prefer go slow,very slow while they earn easymoney fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    seem interesting all this,but blizzard...u know them,they dont like work and bring good things,they prefer go slow,very slow while they earn easymoney fast.
    Why would that even be a DH spec? It does have similarities, such as the association with dark magic and the use of twin-bladed glaives, but other than that it seems totally unrelated to Demon Hunters in both theme and fantasy. Plus, you'd have to tie that into the Demon Hunter leveling experience. It seems very obvious that it would become nonsensical pretty quick.

why are they putting Night Warriors everywhere all of a sudden anyway?
    To introduce a playable Night Warrior/Priestess of the Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    Have nothing to do with Demon Hunters.
    They are, basically, magical rangers.

Why would that even be a DH spec? It does have similarities, such as the association with dark magic and the use of twin-bladed glaives, but other than that it seems totally unrelated to Demon Hunters in both theme and fantasy. Plus, you'd have to tie that into the Demon Hunter leveling experience. It seems very obvious that it would become nonsensical pretty quick.
    It doesn't have anything to do with the Demon Hunter.
    It's part of a larger Ranger archetype that includes the Dark Ranger and, perhaps, even the Sea Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    To introduce a playable Night Warrior/Priestess of the Moon.

Have nothing to do with Demon Hunters.
    They are, basically, magical rangers.

It doesn't have anything to do with the Demon Hunter.
    It's part of a larger Ranger archetype that includes the Dark Ranger and, perhaps, even the Sea Witch.
    Sea Witches and Dark Rangers also have no association with them at all other than being Rangers. If you're actually insinuating those two could possibly be a class together, that's really topkek. They have no lore association and no shared themes other than bows.