Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Sea Witches and Dark Rangers also have no association with them at all other than being Rangers. If you're actually insinuating those two could possibly be a class together, that's really topkek. They have no lore association and no shared themes other than bows.
    And magical attacks/arrows.
    All 3 are of elven heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And magical attacks/arrows.
    All 3 are of elven heritage.
    That is absolutely not enough to carry a class. Think of it like this - every other class can feasibly fit in an order together, as Legion showed. What kind of order would consist of Dark Rangers, Night Warriors, and Sea Witches? They have similarities in how they function, but they're absolutely unrelated. That's like saying Death Knights should be a Paladin specialization because they both use magic in close-range, wear heavy plate and come from similar origins.

Have nothing to do with Demon Hunters.
    They are, basically, magical rangers
    elfic class,crazy people needed....i see dhs perfect for this.they need this.and....we have to see who is Elune..and if he/she is friend or enemy.....looking night warrior,dont seem veryfriendly..an vengative...again perfect for the crazy dhs..and,may be woukd be interesting to see a night warrior DH caster...but my favorite is ranged with bow and fel/dark magic woumd be perfect for them.then night elf onky hero class?not enogh lore for 3specs.i see again dhs like the favorite for night warriors plus..the need another fps spec,thet are pure dps bor tank or healers...the are assassins,using the most danger powers for win.
    Last edited by Capultro; 2021-05-02 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I really don't see why they had to use the Stonewright. Could easily have just made it some other character that happens to be the first ex-mortal Venthyr. For that matter, why are they putting Night Warriors everywhere all of a sudden anyway?
    Yeah it's incredibly retarded they are retconning current content when they could just use another character. Fuck just have us find someone Denathrius had locked up that was a night warrior if there has to be a Venthyr night warrior. I can understand retconning someone 5 expansions ago to help a story flow better but shit you worked on in the same expansion is just embarrrassing.

The only reason I could see them doing this shit is if they intend to make a night warrior class AND Venthyr playable. Like why else would every covenant need a night warrior?

That is absolutely not enough to carry a class. Think of it like this - every other class can feasibly fit in an order together, as Legion showed. What kind of order would consist of Dark Rangers, Night Warriors, and Sea Witches? They have similarities in how they function, but they're absolutely unrelated. That's like saying Death Knights should be a Paladin specialization because they both use magic in close-range, wear heavy plate and come from similar origins.
    Maybe not the Sea Witch.
    But, things like making Dark Wardens and Night elf Dark Rangers in BfA, Night Warrior providing the Priestess of the Moon with glaives, and Elune being a death entity now - links them in a way.

Maybe not the Sea Witch.
    But, things like making Dark Wardens and Night elf Dark Rangers in BfA, Night Warrior providing the Priestess of the Moon with glaives, and Elune being a death entity now - links them in a way.
    We don't necessarily know if Elune is a Shadowlands entity. It seems very plausible that she is associated more with Life, thus her being the "sister" of the Winter Queen, or otherwise possibly associated with about every force.

I still don't see how a Dark Warden or Night Elven Dark Ranger would fit in a class with a Night Warrior. It's still very different. Honestly, the Night Warrior's different aspects could probably carry a single class itself. Dark Rangers aren't versatile enough to carry three specializations and the Sea Witch is just a Shaman with a bow.

5+ Year Old Account
    To introduce a playable Night Warrior/Priestess of the Moon.
    If this is what ends up happening, I will gladly swallow all the bull!@#$ story they are concocting. PotM for Alliance, Dark Ranger for Horde. Same skills, different skins... Make it happen, Blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

To introduce a playable Night Warrior/Priestess of the Moon.
    *for all races (as Elune isn't the goddess of the Kaldorei anymore)
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    It's still Night Elf-exclusive to be part of the Army of the Black Moon and only the Night Elves worship Elune on Azeroth.

We don't necessarily know if Elune is a Shadowlands entity. It seems very plausible that she is associated more with Life, thus her being the "sister" of the Winter Queen, or otherwise possibly associated with about every force.

I still don't see how a Dark Warden or Night Elven Dark Ranger would fit in a class with a Night Warrior. It's still very different. Honestly, the Night Warrior's different aspects could probably carry a single class itself. Dark Rangers aren't versatile enough to carry three specializations and the Sea Witch is just a Shaman with a bow.
    Korthia is hinted to be her realm, as it is called "the sister forest".

They are all different types of elven ranger. One deals with death, since it's undead; one with lunar abilities, since it's a night elf; and one with sea magic, since it's a sea-dwelling creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If this is what ends up happening, I will gladly swallow all the bull!@#$ story they are concocting. PotM for Alliance, Dark Ranger for Horde. Same skills, different skins... Make it happen, Blizz.
    Why same skills, different skins?
    The Dark Ranger will be a DPS, while the Priestess of the Moon can be a Healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I don't know if for all races.
    Personally, i'd give it to any race associated with the moon and stars.

It's still Night Elf-exclusive to be part of the Army of the Black Moon and only the Night Elves worship Elune on Azeroth.
    *Correction: Worgen are there, as well.

That's nothing that couldn't be waived away by a single line in an introductory quest.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-05-03 at 05:24 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That doesn't really make sense, though. The Stonewright is supposedly one of the original Venthyr created by Denathrius directly from Anima.
    It seems like Denathrius did something to the Original Stonewright. Then he created this new one from a mortal soul. Maybe the original Stonewright found out his plots and wanted to stop him. Maybe the he sent the original to do his dirty work somewhere else.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    It seems like Denathrius did something to the Original Stonewright. Then he created this new one from a mortal soul. Maybe the original Stonewright found out his plots and wanted to stop him. Maybe the he sent the original to do his dirty work somewhere else.
    Regardless it is very rushed, and it's not like they need the Stone weight to not be a mortal soul when they introduced her either, the story would have flowed just as well if she was introduced as the first mortal to become a Venthyr instead.

Khalliq in Maldraxxus didn't require a retcon. It just required choosing a semi-important side character and making them a night warrior. The fact that they felt the need to make the Stonewright a night warrior just speaks to monumentally poor planning.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I can assure you, with up-most authority, that our city of secrets have nothing to do with that crazy bitch.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if for all races.
    Personally, i'd give it to any race associated with the moon and stars.
    Would trolls get it too? They have some Elune worshippers, the Luna'alai.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    According to the tomes you retrieve from Revendreth as part of the Professor's quests, yes. Although the Venthyr author notes that the colleterial damage they caused in the process might've been worse than the damage the invading force itself was causing. They also appear to have repelled an invasion of the Void in the Shadowlands, albeit not the one that we see in Bastion that is ended by Agthia's sacrifice.
    Well that's hardly surprising, considering their forces consists of zombies, necromancers and plague bombers.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Would trolls get it too? They have some Elune worshippers, the Luna'alai.
    Certainly.
    The Lun'alai, as you mentioned.
    And perhaps, also, Shadowmoon Orcs, Tauren, Nightborne and Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Wait. Did they just fucking retconned something from a patch before?
    Lol:

"What is worse is that she is one of the first venthyr, like myself and the Curator. She was not made from a soul, but willed into being by Denathrius himself."

Bigger Lol:

"Renathal.

You are confusing the Stonewright with the original Harvester of Wrath. She still exists, but had her power stripped and given to the Stonewright long ago."