Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So why 4? Why can it not be 7 and still end the raid story?
    The raid wasn't even the end for the Venthyr story, even though it directly figured into it. Don't see why it would have to be for 9.1.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So why 4? Why can it not be 7 and still end the raid story?
    Because at 4 we have 4 weeks
    That’s 1 week for launch
    1 week for dungeon
    1 week for the new zone
    1 week for the assault on the raid

Much like everyone else I’m completely guessing lol I’m also saying 4 because it’s around the same time a normal player unlocked flying in other expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    To open flying it's gonna take 40 more renown so a total of 80 to get flying and the next 40 will be at the same pace as the first. Tell me this isn't true!?
    Only and true answer:
    No one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, not really, especially since renown you can get 40 now in 1 day
    Please elaborate on this.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Only and true answer:
    No one knows.
    Wrong, I promise you a fair few people at Blizzard know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

To open flying it's gonna take 40 more renown so a total of 80 to get flying and the next 40 will be at the same pace as the first. Tell me this isn't true!?
    This has absolutely zero base in reality

This sounds like the work of the guy who made up that rumor that SL was going to be delayed until 2021. Was that you? Is that what you're doing here? Are you trying to get another 70 pages of shitfest?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Because it's a guess! Release had 9, where 3 or so were introduction things to covenants and whatnot. 6 remains that were atual full-on story stuff.

Also, "around 6" could mean 5 or 8, too.
    So you're not actually making a guess at all then. You're saying nothing and trying to defend saying nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Grind dungeons ad nauseam. There is no limit to the amount of renown catchup tokens you can get since march 9th (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). I'm only very casually working on my Balance druid alt but I've gotten a renown rank for every single heroic I've cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Grind dungeons ad nauseam. There is no limit to the amount of renown catchup tokens you can get since march 9th (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). I'm only very casually working on my Balance druid alt but I've gotten a renown rank for every single heroic I've cleared.
    Why would you even bother with heroics? You can buy gear that is 168. Very casually do your covenant story and then very casually do some PvP gear. You will do it faster than heroics and be 31 ilvls higher?
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    if you are behind on renown, completing dungeons, raids, and pvp allows renown to drop like a currency.

so on an alt you can get all the way to 38 in 1 day if you just grind dungeons or pvp. then just do the soul and anima quest for the week and you are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    where did you hear that? cause it ain't true

5+ Year Old Account
    Another 40 renown? ill pass. I highly doubt they will have flying at 80 renown. Yeah renown easy to get, but do people really wanna grind another 40 renown? If anything it will likely be raised from 40 to 50 or 60. Considering we will have a whole second part of the campaign for our covs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Another 40 renown? ill pass. I highly doubt they will have flying at 80 renown. Yeah renown easy to get, but do people really wanna grind another 40 renown? If anything it will likely be raised from 40 to 50 or 60. Considering we will have a whole second part of the campaign for our covs.
    Grind? It's two weekly quests and a short storyline per week. Has "grind" become another word that has lost its meaning to saturation by overuse and is now just used to describe whatever insert thing here a person doesn't care for.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Grind? It's two weekly quests and a short storyline per week. Has "grind" become another word that has lost its meaning to saturation by overuse and is now just used to describe whatever insert thing here a person doesn't care for.
    Considering I've seen "Grind" Thrown around a lot with different meanings by the WoW Community and other communities we don't speak of. Probably?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    People use it for anything they dont want to do, that has any gating at all. So even if it was "log in once a week for 4 weeks" some would call that a grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why would you even bother with heroics? You can buy gear that is 168. Very casually do your covenant story and then very casually do some PvP gear. You will do it faster than heroics and be 31 ilvls higher?
    Because playing World of Warcraft PvP is like very slowly driving rusty nails into your eyes? That's the beauty of the system. You can do all manner of content, including the variety of content that you personally find less dreadful. And I never said to use the heroics for gear. You should absolutely do your campaign for the freebies at the minimum, but you got a decent chunk after that to get to 40. I really do genuinely pity anyone that uses PvP to gear for PvE though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Because playing World of Warcraft PvP is like very slowly driving rusty nails into your eyes? That's the beauty of the system. You can do all manner of content, including the variety of content that you personally find less dreadful. And I never said to use the heroics for gear. You should absolutely do your campaign for the freebies at the minimum, but you got a decent chunk after that to get to 40. I really do genuinely pity anyone that uses PvP to gear for PvE though.
    Pity them more than grinding heroics to get gear 31 ilvls behind? You don't even have to do PvP. Your campaign will get you to 192 plus there's a legendary and you can do m+. No one should have to do heroics again. Ever.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no confirmation about renown levels needed. The only confirmation we have is the completion of the new campaign storyline in 9.1

Now, it would make sense to expect people to at least be level 40 renown but they didn't mark that or say that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is no confirmation about renown levels needed. The only confirmation we have is the completion of the new campaign storyline in 9.1

Now, it would make sense to expect people to at least be level 40 renown but they didn't mark that or say that.
    Well the campaign is locked behind renown and the last one took 8 weeks to complete so i doubt you will be flying for a couple of months minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Well the campaign is locked behind renown and the last one took 8 weeks to complete so i doubt you will be flying for a couple of months minimum.
    Well, we have not been informed much about the next part of the campaign. And of course, you won't get flight right away.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..