Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It’s gonna be fun when you find out there are more raid tiers and the expansion leads into the next one. I’ll remember this post, I hope
    You will probably forget by then, he will be busy whining that 10.0 looks like complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    call me a conspiricy theorist
    You're a conspiracy Theorist. Shadowlands is amazing.
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    You're a conspiracy Theorist. Shadowlands is amazing.
    Shadowlands is step 1 to making a great game.

Shadowlands is like...
    BfA was a room with a pile of garbage...and Shadowlands cleaned the garbage.
    Now is just a normal room.

Not a great room

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy, I've read some horrible takes before. And I've also seen some horrible threads made before.

But when you combine them, you get this monstrosity of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post

Shadowlands is like...

Not a great room

Case and point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You will probably forget by then, he will be busy whining that 10.0 looks like complete disaster.
    Probably. But, just in case, I bookmarked his particular post so I can return to it later.

I don't personally know what raid tiers lie beyond this one, but there will be at least one more after Chains of Domination, no doubt.

Makes no sense for them to do so.

Makes sense for them to make a profitable, mediocre product though. And that's what Shadowlands is.

While Blizzard did a lot according to the top players community and it seems to have failed, SL is by no means horrific. It has solid foundations and some good content, on top of continuation of good systems of the past. It's WoW after all, no matter what it adds, it's kind of solid. It definitely could have been much better, though. And no, it wasn't done "bad on purpose". I think they genuinely believed that the wishes of the vocal minority represent what the average player wants - hoping they don't make that mistake again!
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-03-24 at 01:29 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    While Blizzard did a lot according to the top players community and it seems to have failed, SL is by no means horrific. It has solid foundations and some good content, on top of continuation of good systems of the past. It's WoW after all, no matter what it adds, it's kind of solid. It definitely could have been much better, though. And no, it wasn't done "bad on purpose". I think they genuinely believed that the wishes of the vocal minority represent what the average player wants - hoping they don't make that mistake again!
    Yes do not for any circumstance listen to hardcore content creators ever again, everyone else will quit.
    I just hope that they can pull a BfA and fix this mess patch by patch so that the casuals will return. It may already be too late though, they did permanent damage to the playerbase on this one, thanks Preach and friends.

Every single retail player is a game license sold + a sub, where classic is only a sub. Blizzard will NEVER force anyone over to classic, since they lose money on that. For classic to be worth more then Legion, bfa and sl's day 1, they would need around 14-15 million subs for a month (thats just matching retail regular copies sold, we don't know how many bought digital deluxe etc). Thats just to cover day 1 of a retail expansion (+ pre-orders) Not counting tokens and game services. Retail is where the money is at, blizzard care about nothing else then the money and there is litteraly NOTHING that makes blizzard push people away from retail and into classic. If anything, its the other way around. They want you to buy the current expansion for a premium

Idiots have been saying this since literally the dawn of the game. No, they do not waste hundreds of thousands of man hours to deliberately make an expansion suck on purpose, twirling their moustaches like "bwa ha ha, that will sure teach us!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    I mean call me a conspiricy theorist but it would make sense having all the older players move to classic because then blizzard wouldnt have to work so hard with new content.
    I played since mid classic, you're a conspiracy theorist.

The worst I'd say they've ever done is reprioritize when they cut WOD short. They did not "make it suck on purpose", but they took dev time that would have went to at least one more content patch and shifted it into Legion. That was a good thing, because the core mechanics and story of WOD weren't popular and the playerbase overall seemed to want it over with. Every pinch of that love and attention to detail went into Legion instead, which was packed with things to do.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2021-03-25 at 03:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thread, another numbers pulled out of someones ass. Nothin to see here but yet another bad, bad, BAD troll.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    snip
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...(2021-version)

this one most likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Another thread, another numbers pulled out of someones ass. Nothin to see here but yet another bad, bad, BAD troll.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...(2021-version)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post

Shadowlands is like...

Not a great room
    a room? what on earth are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I don't think they made it so bad on purpose BUT devs must have been fed up after working so many year on one product, not seeing popularity growth, not seeing a clear vision of where does the game follow, that they probably accepted slow death and they are just not giving it all, not trying their best and waiting till someone releases them.

They ended up making the same mistake again.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    a room? what on earth are you talking about?
    He's Shadoowpunk if that tells you anything.

I just want the anima income to increase slightly. its a chore to grind out past 1000/week yet I'm also spending it on stuff so I've been playing on and off since launch and barely have any covanent sanctum upgrades

Legion was the best expansion of the new WoW Ion era, it introduced new game things like M+ dungeons, World Quests, and Legion itself had so much cool and fun stuff to do with Class Halls, Artifact appearances, Class Mounts, Mage Tower, etc... And classes just felt so good in Legion they played fast and had smooth fun rotations.

Then BfA came and it wasn't as fun as Legion, but wasn't terrible, actually Azerite gear itself was a neat idea. But Corruption gear was the worst thing ever and should never made it into the game.

Now Shadowlands at first it was fresh and cool but now I'm thinking it might be the worst expansion, mostly in terms of being so boring and hollow and empty feeling. No soul to this expansion. Just feels like a filler expansion a generic paint by numbers expansion that Blizzard let the interns make

Separated zones suck. Traveling from zone to zone and always needing to go through Oribos is just such a poor idea. No flight whistle. World Quests are painfully boring to do and give absolute crap rewards.

This is the first time in like 6 years I'm thinking of unsubscribing from WoW, last time was midway through WoD. But right now I log in and feel really nothing to do. I don't Raid anymore don't have 4 hours to waste just sitting in my computer chair whacking away at some stupid video game monsters and get no treasure. I do like M+ still it's fun way to water 30 minutes. But can't do it every night. So besides that there's nothing to do in this game.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2021-03-25 at 01:53 PM.

50% of the population of a very specific forum that connects to wow in a more hardcore manner than the avg (who don't even go to the wow forums, let alone a separate one), is non-representative. That said, 50% approval rate in this forums seems pretty ok to me.

if there is any conspiracy going on here. Its more likely its this one. (still a lot of unknown factors here, but we are in the ballpark)

SL on day one had 3.7m sold copies. if we take the cheapest option. which is 40 euro, since we have no way of knowing how many bought hte 60 euro or 80 euro edition. we can use the least amount they made. and that is 3 700 000 x €40 which is €148 000 000 at minimum, number is much higher due to different game editions. Each of those also need a sub. and sub fee is also impossible to know, since different regions pay different amounts and many pay with tokens/gold which is like double a sub fee. so if we avarage in 10 euro. which is more then likely a lot lower then the actual number. then thats an additional €37 000 000 + 148 000 000 = $185 000 000. To reach that same amount of money as day 1 of SL (and bfa, legion even wod) you would need like more then 18 000 000 unique subs for 1 month. More realistically it would be like 2 million subs for 9 months. But we know that isn't happening. The longer a expansion goes on, the more people unsub. So if we are in on the tinfoil hat territory. Its more likely blizzard would tank SL to be able to sell you 10.0 expansion sooner for a premium then trying to keep subs happy and subbed. Its more money in the game licenses then subs for retail and classic combined

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are people here so obsessed with this game? Play it if you like it. If you don't, who cares?

You would never catch me on forums dedicated to other games just to talk shit about how "HoRRiFiC" they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Players: Blizzard is a money grabbing soulless company doing everything for $$$
    also players: Blizzard intentionally made a horrific game
    That is a good point. It's far more likely that Bobby Kotik desperately needed a $200 million bonus for an 18th house, so they "retired" all the OG creators and hired cheap labor.