Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...(2021-version)

this one most likely.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...(2021-version)

- - - Updated - - -

a room? what on earth are you talking about?
    Ah yes, 37% the new 50%.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Ah yes, 37% the new 50%.
    Oh dear. You really are confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear. You really are confused.
    Numbers changed slightly now but all i see is 27.60%+12.34%, yep totally confused, my bad thats clearly 50%.
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Numbers changed slightly now but all i see is 27.60%+12.34%, yep totally confused, my bad thats clearly 50%.
    I know exactly what you are saying, but you are intentionally misinterpreting what OP is saying. The middle group is either entirely removed from the statistic, or, it is split 50/50 up/down. Either way, they are saying that compared to earlier polls right at launch, more have shifted into a negative stance on SL. Its really not complicated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

3+ Year Old Account
    I know exactly what you are saying, but you are intentionally misinterpreting what OP is saying. The middle group is either entirely removed from the statistic, or, it is split 50/50 up/down. Either way, they are saying that compared to earlier polls right at launch, more have shifted into a negative stance on SL. Its really not complicated.
    You are wrong. Op say that 50% is unhappy or worse, 5/10 isnt unhappy at all. Not in any ranking anywhere. The problem with this whole thread that op tried to make a 50/50 of the original poll so he can put everything into a negative view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the amount of people that are extremly negative with the game in general on this forum, this entire thread is moot to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhh...

Why make a new expansion in the first place, if the purpose is to make people go to the Classics? These expansions aren't cheap to produce, even if they appear to be lazily made.

Also, have you by any chance considered that the sub retention is getting lower and lower, because WoW is simply an old game? They get a fresh coat of pain for every expansion, but it's still the same game it has always been. For 15+ years. What other games have you played constantly for that long? Games with great modding community, maybe. But with the pricetag WoW has?
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-03-25 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    nah that one was made after OP started the thread

I can understand if someone thinks that Blizzard isn't putting as many resources in the game as before.
    But to intentionally make a worse product and thereby make less money is not only irrational, it would probable make the CEO liable for various lawsuits from the shareholders.

Thing is, the expansion could be the best thing in the gaming history - People would still complain, and people never get amused these days, insane expectations and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    You must be new here. Literally every expansion has been "horrific" while it was current, only to be fondly remembered in the future.
    But Cata and WoD are still widely viewed as the worst expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    But Cata and WoD are still widely viewed as the worst expansions.
    Cata is remembered as having a horrible final raid tier but is well liked. WoD, however, is remembered as the worst expansion ever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Cata is remembered as having a horrible final raid tier but is well liked. WoD, however, is remembered as the worst expansion ever.
    I remember Cata for having more cut content than freaking Kotor 2.

Path of the titans? Nope. A Fireland and a War of the Ancients raid at launch? The first was delayed till the second content patch, the latter ended up being a dungeon in the final patch.

I really liked Archaeology, Gilneas and all related zones (new Silverpine). Oh and new Westfall, the only freaking zone that shows the effects of constant war on Azeroth.

The rest was pretty meh. Once the initial draw of rediscovering old zones was done, it was just a bunch of silly memes.

Ahh yes, and Fulmination. Fealt like a beast.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    They genuinely believed that the wishes of the vocal minority represent what the average player wants - hoping they don't make that mistake again!
    I call this "the Cata syndrome". I thought that the corresponding lessons had been learned by then :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    I remember Cata for having more cut content than freaking Kotor 2.
    Don't forget the Abyssal Maw raid and its associated content. That's why 4.2 felt like half a patch... because it was
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I call this "the Cata syndrome". I thought that the corresponding lessons had been learned by then :/

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the Abyssal Maw raid and its associated content. That's why 4.2 felt like half a patch... because it was
    Ah yes. That was also supposed to be a raid. Any time now. Whoops. In Legion Neptulon just shows up saying he got better. Well, fuck.

As much as I like the lore, the world design and the focus on exploration and discovery in Pandaria, Cata should have followed up the Neptulon plotline and gave us a proper Azshara focused expansion with a renegade faction of Naga that join us and a real Nazjatar that isn't just a brownish dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Shadowlands is NOT a bad xpac.
    Denial is NOT a river in Egypt.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Well isn't every xpac bad since TBC according to boards like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    >50% like it
    >50% don't
    >Somehow that makes it horrific instead of just average.
    /bow
    /applaud
    /cheer
    /micdrop

yeah my thoughts 2.

but on 2 the thread :

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    According to the poll on this thread 50% of players enjoy shadowlands, 50% think its bad or below, its not up for debate whether shadowlands is a success or not 50% of players being unhappy is horrendous in terms of sub retention.
    so a poll on a forum thread , a poll that is up less then 4 days and only has 7 days of response is your bar to say how the whole community feels about WoW.....thats wow...insane.

i see blizzard making changes that nobody wants, the changes that everyone wants blizzard arent providing, it lead me to wonder why are they doing it?
    Yes, changes, changes and even more changes. You do know that some changes colided with what other people want. Say flying, valor etc?
    And yes there are somethings that should be fixxed.

Are they making shadowlands for the new players and classic for the older players? forcing the older players to move to classic while the new players obviously love the game because its actually fully built with the new player in mind?
    ...game is for new players...first you have to level. Then do that awfull ground stuff in the maw. then go from zone to zone meeting old friends/enemy's a new player does not know anything about. etc etc
    Its not for new players. doubt the new players bring in 10% of the money of WoW

I mean call me a conspiricy theorist but it would make sense having all the older players move to classic because then blizzard wouldnt have to work so hard with new content, they have another what 4/5 expansions to repeat without needing to recreate anything fresh for the next 10 years meanwhile they just rush through some spoon feeding timegated content for the new subscribers.
    Think you just do not like WoW anymore and want to quit ( like many threads of this forum) and just start to rant to feel better about leaving. just leave!

LOL... When has a conspiracy theory been right?