Who are all these...holy priests...on the RBG ladder above 2300

In fact, who are most of these players, of all classes and specs?

https://www.pvpleaderboard.com/leade...factions=horde

Since holy doesn't see much representation (at 2300 I queue into 2900 mega mains all the time), I only know of the following hpriests that play rbg's (from the linked list). It also made me wonder who 90% of the other players are as well, since I haven't seen any of them in a game in the last 6 weeks.

Lilu
    Tickix
    Astators
    Ezcr (grace's main that plays disc, not sure why holy on leaderboard, which also makes me question this board's accuracry)
    Teckkno

Arcshone (2402 and the only other hpriest I see daily)

Sail ( 2372, I also see him daily)

Trainmeplzz (me, 2303)

Every other hpriest in that list is either mislabled (like Ezcr who plays disc) or hasn't played in 6+ weeks.

Now it's not just the Hpriest list.

It's the entire list.

I'll recite the names I see regularly in RBGs from the first two pages:

https://www.pvpleaderboard.com/leaderboards/rbg/us

Everyone from Rank 1 to Rank 56 (suspex to gregg)

No one after that until Ilovemydogxo and Magnus (rank 88)

Ezcr, Jllaw and Crallix (96,97,107)

Queenstar 128; Miracle 156; Eclipsio 182; Archalsh 197; Finesslord 200; Skitsou 243;l Perturb 336 (almost jumped 100!); Simontheret (367, also ignoring all of simonhowl's alts); Donaldpump 390; Jlol 419; GLockedup 472 (see him at least twice a day); Archambault (saw him a lot in BFA never in Shadowlands???); Classiq and Winterz 501, Flopcity 529; teckkno 529; Queenpriest 709 (almost jumped 200 ranked).

Seriously after reading that list I just found this thread:
    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...rating/21188/8

I 'd love to queue into the 95% of the no-names on that list. I'd love for them to put their CR in the bag.

Do people actually keep track of the people they play against in RBG? This thread is so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Do people actually keep track of the people they play against in RBG? This thread is so weird.
    Yes. You even build a memory on their playstyles and tactics/strategies, especially the ones that play the same class and spec.

Certain boomies don't convoke straight out of root beam, others do.

Some rogues blind hpals, others blind hpriests before hpals.

etc.

Some locks on put up a single UA and spam corruption to slow, making it safe to MD with a simple preshield or pre-pom; other put up as many ua's as possible and force you to gfade prior to MD.

Some warrior's delay their sharpen until after ray of of hope is forced prior; some warriors sharpen on cooldown and get hard countered by a delayed ray of hope. Some DH's and boomies banish (clone) ray, other's don't, so I have to save my censure for those DH's or MD for those boomies if they clone my ray.

Some rets try to kill a teamate through guardian spirit (endangering the 1 minute cooldown talent) and will even bubble to ensure a strike on the GS proc, forcing me to pre-ray the GS and cover it.

Some shamans (flopcity) will purge my renew to remove the 10% healing buff. Other's won't. Some warriors prefer to preemptively reflect my censure, some save it to prevent a MC.

Some disc priests try to knock all game at Blacksmith/LM and in EOTS, so I bait them in and let them knock me, instnat rocket jump, chasitse and counter knock. Some DK's will grip you out of a teamfight into a root beam cyclone cc chain, forcing you to equip the Ring leggo (double grip yourself to allies) before the game even starts.

Some teams run two affys and get power infusion from their disc priests, so you have to purge them every other GCD to ensure you can purge the soul rot and PI when it comes.

If you don't memorize how enemy teams play, you'll lose.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2021-03-23 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Yes. You even build a memory on their playstyles and tactics/strategies, especially the ones that play the same class and spec.

Certain boomies don't convoke straight out of root beam, others do.

Some rogues blind hpals, others blind hpriests before hpals.

etc.

Some locks on put up a single UA and spam corruption, making it safe to MD with a simple preshield or pre-pom; other put up as many ua's as possible and force you to gfade prior to MD.
    So what's the point of this thread? There's millions of people that play this game. You aren't going to know everyone. I have no idea why it's even relevant to you. It just seems kind of creepy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the point of this thread? There's millions of people that play this game. You aren't going to know everyone. I have no idea why it's even relevant to you. It just seems kind of creepy.
    At lower ranks, sure, you'll almost never queue into the same group repeatedly, over and over again.

At higher ranks in any game with a MMR system, you'll queue into those same people over and over and over and over again. In this case, if one side learns and adapts to how the other side plays, and the other side doesn't, the one that adapted will win every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

If you are wondering about the spec. Then it is likely the spec they last had active before they logged out. Or in the last match, they played when the rankings updated.

Hmm, I don't think there are milions in rank 2300+. And at that point, you will likely remember and recognize people often.

When I played RBGs above 2200 we queued into the same four or five teams game after game.

Better to start tracking competition at 2500+

Theres so so many whos goal is just to push 2400 for the weps.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

There are not, however, millions of people doing rated PvP. Never have been. Biggest Arena ladder ever was ~600K, and that was during a time when you were FORCED to do rated to get Conquest gear (and there were close to 9 million active subs). These days, the Arena ladder often has less than 60k on it. RBG ladder is always smaller because way less people enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Better to start tracking competition at 2500+

Theres so so many whos goal is just to push 2400 for the weps.

Right now it's only 2200-2300 players and 2700-2900.

I don't ever see 2400-2600

Also 80% of the 2200 players are the 2700-2900's on same class/spec alts.

At the current moment there is no way to progress from 2300 to 2400 because all these supposed 2400-2600 players never queue.

Hence, I agree with that article on CR decay.

Make them play.

Not sure about RBGs, but in 2v2 at least now I see more holy than disc priests since like a month, so it wouldn't be weird if they also started playing holy in RBG.

Holy priest has been solid since the start and was actually good in RBG's since 8.2, it just took forever for the "must be confirmed by Cdew" 'elite players' to catch.

There was no counter to Gheal/Mind Control + Gpie/bolt spam in BFA RBG's; any theoretical counter (on paper) was virtually impossible to put into practice in 10v10 format, and trying to counter it usually overhwlemed the enemies voice comms (discord).

Hpriest still has all the tools from BFA, except we don't even need or even want gheal, since flash and serenity do well with correct talents/conduits.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy priest has been solid since the start and was actually good in RBG's since 8.2, it just took forever for the "must be confirmed by Cdew" 'elite players' to catch.

There was no counter to Gheal/Mind Control + Gpie/bolt spam in BFA RBG's; any theoretical counter (on paper) was virtually impossible to put into practice in 10v10 format, and trying to counter it usually overhwlemed the enemies voice comms (discord).

Hpriest still has all the tools from BFA, except we don't even need or even want gheal, since flash and serenity do well with correct talents/conduits.

We're the only class that remains with BFA tools (two 1-minute CD's (ray and GS)) that can slow the game down to BFA pacing (which the shadowland monogloids hate).