Hi guys, just wanted to write something to those of you that:

played 100+ 15s
    played all the easy weeks
    collected all weekly vaults
    play a meta class

yet you cant break 1.8k untill blizzard either
    a) buff you more
    b) nerf the content more
    c) you collect more 226 items with bis stats.

Why dont you stop and have a think about what you are doing, honestly, the number of players that are what i have written above yet they somehow believe that there weekly progress has something to do with there ability is just shocking. i am going to write some stuff i need to get off my chest because you guys arent going nowhere, maybe i can help you!!!!

i will use mages an example but this kind of thing applies to every class, all of you that are one of those tryharding without actually getting better just waiting for the next handout. i am trying to help you, because playing with you is just a waste of everyones time including your own, i have no doubt you want to be better, so bloody read this.

learn to look when there is unavoidable incoming damage and use barrier on yourself. you want to push higher? guess what, by asking the healer to heal what you could of prevented your stretching him. he now has to heal the amount your shield could have prevented extra, no doubt about it you will be looking at his dps at the end of the run if its 1 second out why dont you pop that shield on you so he has less healing to do and more time to do damage?that shield is 1 gcd for you, for him it might be 3. 3 Moonfires at 3.6k damage 10% crit, thats around 12k damage coming out of your party because of your 1gcd barrier.

Not even that, tanks taking a pummeling, you dont use shield, whats he supposed to do? top your grevious ahead of healing the tank?

efflo for resto druid does an incredible amount of healing, at a guess i would say it will increase the healing on you by 20% if you stand in it for say a pride, a resto druid with 10% mastery it will increase every hot by 10%, if the resto druid is healing the tank then you should have at least a rejuv on you, a rejuv + efflo = DOUBLE THE HEALING on you while the healer is focusing tank due to not only the 10% buff but also the direct heal, also the efflo hot.

heal pots? they are 10g, so you are 50% hp and have 2 stacks of grevious NOWS THE TIME to use your heal pot, help your healer out? so you got hit by something, it happens, were all human, use a heal pot, make sure your stood in his efflo pop your barrier. make up for your mistake! not just say "sorry....heal me" or worse, keep swinging that imaginary big ....

dragons breath has a 14 second cooldown, its an aoe interupt, it interupts hardcasts, unless your combusting why on earth arent you trying to make as little damage come into the party as possible? expecting your healer to heal through what you could have prevented, i have news for you players, the top top keys being played have very little to heal, why? the stuff is prevented, defensives used on point, massively reduced number of casts going through. its not simply healed through..... you cant heal through 1 shots.

by only focusing on damge you are nothing more than a glorified hunter pet, an npc that does damage, a pet of the party.

DISPELS! MAGES YOU CAN DISPEL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is what i see, when i join a party with a player that is 1.6k, 100 runs, meta class, collected all weekly vaults, played all the easy weeks and SOMEHOW they think there gradual progression is down to there skill.

read what i wrote above, take a shortcut.

Get 5 players that play like what i have written in a party together consistently? congratulations you are now 2.2k+

oh. ofc, you need to pump ASWELL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESCALATION

party 1)
    2 ranged in a party not standing in efflo
    tank is taking a pummeling
    healer is trying to spotheal the 2 ranged while the tank is taking a pummeling
    healer has to blow cds
    no cd for pride so heal request mage blows combust

party 2)
    2 ranged in efflo
    healer can easily top the ranged because they are in his efflo, focus on tank, easy, no cds used
    healer notifies party he has cds for pride and can save dps cds
    all dps blow cds with pride and 1 shot boss

party 3)
    1 ranged in efflo 1 ranged not
    healer can easily top the 1 range, the other ranged uses a heal pot on himself, easy, no cds used

SEE THE DIFFERENCE STANDING IN EFFLO AND USING POTS CAN MAKE?

You as dps have a responsibility to do more than just being a big swinging.... you want to be a big boy? real big boys dont just tunnel damage. thats why there rio is so high in half the time of you tryharding all the time. your performance has a knock on effect on the entire run. your dps isnt nearly as important as the majorty of you seem to think.

top dps - no ccs no heal pots no defensives = bad player capped how high he can go
    average dps - lots of ccs, good defensive usage etc = PRO and will go higher than the top dps.

start unlocking how high you can go by means other than waiting for more ilvl, for an extra gem socket, for a buff to your class. every time you improve your game with things like what i have written here YOU WILL MOVE UP THE LADDER QUICKER.
    Last edited by odamienskii; 2021-03-23 at 06:58 AM.

Just play with friends!!

In pretty sure 99% of 1.8k players know all of this lol. From your recent posts this just looks like a "I am jealous of the meta class" thread. What is 1800? Like all 19s and some 20s done?

10+ Year Old Account
    That sure is a lot of words you typed. Too bad I'm not reading them.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2021-03-23 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im amazed that you can write so much yet say so little.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You ok OP? Pm me hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Im amazed that you can write so much yet say so little.
    TBH I got his point but... I see no point in pointing out the obvious: pugs are usually bad and there’s not much you can do about this.

I am a healer too and I see scenario 1 all the time. People are so obsessed by damage meters that they simply don’t care about what happens around them. There’s an healer, he’s supposed to always bring them zero-hero while they pew pew all the time and gg.

I can’t stress enough that being a dps is easy but being a good dps is difficult, even more difficult than being a good healer or a good tank.

Well to get better I need to do way more M+ runs.

To do more M+ runs I need to get better, or else I'm not invited.

Solutions - stay bad.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well to get better I need to do way more M+ runs.

To do more M+ runs I need to get better, or else I'm not invited.

Solutions - stay bad.
    Go to LFG. Hit start group. Select mists, and mythic. Put "mists 0" as description. Get 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 other dps. Could prob do it with first 4 that sign up but id prob do at least 170+ ilvl to keep it safe. Super quick dungeon, when u complete it you'll get a keystone.

Depending on what keystone it is, you'll go into lfg again, and hit start group. Select the dungeon, this time Select mythic+. Form the group the same way. Put "dungeon +2". Run it. If you time it, you'll get a +3, 4, or 5 keystone. Keep repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Get 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 other dps.
    LOL ... get a tank and a healer

Also - not sure how smashing through M0 would help me do high level keys ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It will get u a key if u don't already have one.

Its really not that hard finding a tank and healer. I do it every time I log on. Its affected by the week, time of day, and key range, but eventually you'll find one

He meant getting your own key and then pushing it through LFG
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    Hi guys, just wanted to write something to those of you that:

played 100+ 15s
    played all the easy weeks
    collected all weekly vaults
    play a meta class

yet you cant break 1.8k untill blizzard either
    a) buff you more
    b) nerf the content more
    c) you collect more 226 items with bis stats.

Why dont you stop and have a think about what you are doing, honestly, the number of players that are what i have written above yet they somehow believe that there weekly progress has something to do with there ability is just shocking. i am going to write some stuff i need to get off my chest because you guys arent going nowhere, maybe i can help you!!!!

i will use mages an example but this kind of thing applies to every class, all of you that are one of those tryharding without actually getting better just waiting for the next handout. i am trying to help you, because playing with you is just a waste of everyones time including your own, i have no doubt you want to be better, so bloody read this.

learn to look when there is unavoidable incoming damage and use barrier on yourself. you want to push higher? guess what, by asking the healer to heal what you could of prevented your stretching him. he now has to heal the amount your shield could have prevented extra, no doubt about it you will be looking at his dps at the end of the run if its 1 second out why dont you pop that shield on you so he has less healing to do and more time to do damage?that shield is 1 gcd for you, for him it might be 3. 3 Moonfires at 3.6k damage 10% crit, thats around 12k damage coming out of your party because of your 1gcd barrier.

Not even that, tanks taking a pummeling, you dont use shield, whats he supposed to do? top your grevious ahead of healing the tank?

efflo for resto druid does an incredible amount of healing, at a guess i would say it will increase the healing on you by 20% if you stand in it for say a pride, a resto druid with 10% mastery it will increase every hot by 10%, if the resto druid is healing the tank then you should have at least a rejuv on you, a rejuv + efflo = DOUBLE THE HEALING on you while the healer is focusing tank due to not only the 10% buff but also the direct heal, also the efflo hot.

heal pots? they are 10g, so you are 50% hp and have 2 stacks of grevious NOWS THE TIME to use your heal pot, help your healer out? so you got hit by something, it happens, were all human, use a heal pot, make sure your stood in his efflo pop your barrier. make up for your mistake! not just say "sorry....heal me" or worse, keep swinging that imaginary big ....

dragons breath has a 14 second cooldown, its an aoe interupt, it interupts hardcasts, unless your combusting why on earth arent you trying to make as little damage come into the party as possible? expecting your healer to heal through what you could have prevented, i have news for you players, the top top keys being played have very little to heal, why? the stuff is prevented, defensives used on point, massively reduced number of casts going through. its not simply healed through..... you cant heal through 1 shots.

by only focusing on damge you are nothing more than a glorified hunter pet, an npc that does damage, a pet of the party.

DISPELS! MAGES YOU CAN DISPEL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is what i see, when i join a party with a player that is 1.6k, 100 runs, meta class, collected all weekly vaults, played all the easy weeks and SOMEHOW they think there gradual progression is down to there skill.

read what i wrote above, take a shortcut.

Get 5 players that play like what i have written in a party together consistently? congratulations you are now 2.2k+

oh. ofc, you need to pump ASWELL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESCALATION

party 1)
    2 ranged in a party not standing in efflo
    healer is trying to spotheal the 2 ranged while the tank is taking a pummeling
    healer has to blow cds
    no cd for pride so heal request mage blows combust

party 2)
    2 ranged in efflo
    healer can easily top the ranged because they are in his efflo, focus on tank, easy, no cds used

party 3)
    1 ranged in efflo 1 ranged not
    healer can easily top the 1 range, the other ranged uses a heal pot on himself, easy, no cds used

SEE THE DIFFERENCE STANDING IN EFFLO AND USING POTS CAN MAKE?

You as dps have a responsibility to do more than just being a big swinging.... you want to be a big boy? real big boys dont just tunnel damage. thats why there rio is so high in half the time of you tryharding all the time. your performance has a knock on effect on the entire run. your dps isnt nearly as important as the majorty of you seem to think.

top dps - no ccs no heal pots no defensives = bad player capped how high he can go
    average dps - lots of ccs, good defensive usage etc = PRO and will go higher than the top dps.

start unlocking how high you can go by means other than waiting for more ilvl, for an extra gem socket, for a buff to your class. every time you improve your game with things like what i have written here YOU WILL MOVE UP THE LADDER QUICKER.
    you are experiencing BfA withdrawal syndrom

+15 in SL is much much harder then +15 in BfA due to

a)lack of TF + azerite gear + neck
    b)lack of corruptions

which let people progres much further then they can now.

thats why meta are nessesary for GENERAL/MAJORITY OF M+ PLAYERBASE in anything above +12 unless people get carried by others.

You get our own key that you can run, you can also tank/heal yourself depending on your class. Slowly push up that way and learn. I think that is the point.

I started SL with doing normal dungeons, then I did some heroic dungeons, then I found groups and made groups myself for M0 dungeons, then I made/found groups for +2 dungeons and so on and so forth. And as dps by the way.
    By going up in difficulty step by step you get experience and (should) become better at the game.

Your problem is that you are thinking: "Others are supposed to do something for me".
    You are not alone in that way of thinking. That mindset is in all "nobody invite me-threads".

You need to stop thinking: "what can/should others/the game do for me" and start thinking "What can/should I do myself".

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I started SL with doing normal dungeons, then I did some heroic dungeons, then I found groups and made groups myself for M0 dungeons, then I made/found groups for +2 dungeons and so on and so forth. And as dps by the way.
    By going up in difficulty step by step you get experience and (should) become better at the game.

Your problem is that you are thinking: "Others are supposed to do something for me".
    You are not alone in that way of thinking. That mindset is in all "nobody invite me-threads".

You need to stop thinking: "what can/should others/the game do for me" and start thinking "What can/should I do myself".
    This is the way to go.

Unfortunately, depending on the server, the hours in which you play and how much you can stay online, forming a group, even your group, can take ages waiting for a tank, healer or both.

Not much you can do about that if you only rely on LFG, but this has to be said. For example I have little spare time and if I wasn’t an healer I would probably not even have keystone explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I started SL with doing normal dungeons, then I did some heroic dungeons, then I found groups and made groups myself for M0 dungeons, then I made/found groups for +2 dungeons and so on and so forth.
    But why?

You get covenant gear that pushes you in heroic dungeons since a while now, you get 190+ ilvl in hours at that point M0 doesnt make any sense and wont teach you anything for M+.

Its covenant -> heroic dungeons for renown/seeing dungeons the first time -> m+2-x to get your R.IO progression started.

Normal dungeons or M0 exist as exit points of casuals, its not meant after the first weeks of the expansion as a progression path, you usually dont learn anything from people stuck in M0 if you intend to learn M+ routes/mechanics/toolkitussage.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    But why?

You get covenant gear that pushes you in heroic dungeons since a while now, you get 190+ ilvl in hours at that point M0 doesnt make any sense and wont teach you anything for M+.

Its covenant -> heroic dungeons for renown/seeing dungeons the first time -> m+2-x to get your R.IO progression started.

Normal dungeons or M0 exist as exit points of casuals, its not meant after the first weeks of the expansion as a progression path, you usually dont learn anything from people stuck in M0 if you intend to learn M+ routes/mechanics/toolkitussage.
    I'm assuming like me, that he did everything before covenant gear was upgradable to 197. First week or 2 everyone was in m0

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    In pretty sure 99% of 1.8k players know all of this lol. From your recent posts this just looks like a "I am jealous of the meta class" thread. What is 1800? Like all 19s and some 20s done?
    50/50 split of 18s and 19s, roughly. I'm like 1720 and still have a depleted 15 and a timed 15 as top runs. It's literally just "got bored of doing weekly keys so decided to do a few slightly higher ones", it's not really pushing anything crazy. Definitely high enough that you can't really get away with just being a DPS bot, though.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I typically just do the KSM achieve, pushing above it is pointless due to it giving absolutely nothing but a pointless high IO

Maybe if blizz put in a system where theirs a glad type achieve for being in the top percent or something cool.. otherwise I rush to KSM and stop..

Again maybe I'm crazy but what's the point of pushing higher unless you're Dratnos or Tettles or Growl/IO Injection Fam (because they get paid for this shit)?