Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Because (multiplayer) games shouldn't be designed so that players are at a severe disadvantage unless they use third-party additions. Especially when those mods don't add to the fun of the game, they just make the player perform better.
    Mods follow game design. If you weren’t supposed to react at light speed to everything, many mods wouldn’t ever exist.

    I just could not heal without Clique or a similar mod for example, being able to directly cast spells on players without having to select their unit frame before is just “another level”.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You literally think its the healers job to "heal through it" instead of the tank using shit like wall. Straight garb player. Enjoy your 9s.
    Oh did I say that? lol. I said that fuck knows what healer did. He might have had dispel, he might have had stun to prevent a cast.
    I don't think that people die to preventable damage, I just said that healer puts a blame on someone when he might have fucked up and not seen that a stinger/stalker jumped on that mage.
    9s xD whatever dude, from how you talk I can see that you are 16s Andy who thinks he is hot shit.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Mods follow game design. If you weren’t supposed to react at light speed to everything, many mods wouldn’t ever exist.

    I just could not heal without Clique or a similar mod for example, being able to directly cast spells on players without having to select their unit frame before is just “another level”.
    "How fast you can react" is a skill, a skill that is a part of the challenge in every game that isn't turn-based. Except with mods, instead of skill it becomes "do you have the right mods; yes or no?".

    If WoW didn't have those kinds of mods, bosses and player abilities wouldn't have to be tuned so ludicrously. In essence, bosses could be tuned to be "easier" but actually be more challenging because players don't have mods to do 2/3rds of the fight for them.

    And as a bonus, your gameplay experience is more streamlined and immersive because it isn't marred by ten thousand "control panels" for playing your character.

  4. #184
    because people don't like the thought of being at fault, duh. I've had it so often that the people who leave a group after a wipe are the people who played poorly themselves and made the wipe happen while being so bad at the game that they didn't even realize it was them who were at fault. They simply have this dumb "bad group" reaction and leave.

    They'll never reflect on their own gameplay, never get better and simply join group after group after group until eventually one will be filled with exceptional players who carry their ass, which then "proves" to them that they are actually good and are only held back by the bad players in the previous groups.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    "How fast you can react" is a skill, a skill that is a part of the challenge in every game that isn't turn-based. Except with mods, instead of skill it becomes "do you have the right mods; yes or no?".

    If WoW didn't have those kinds of mods, bosses and player abilities wouldn't have to be tuned so ludicrously. In essence, bosses could be tuned to be "easier" but actually be more challenging because players don't have mods to do 2/3rds of the fight for them.

    And as a bonus, your gameplay experience is more streamlined and immersive because it isn't marred by ten thousand "control panels" for playing your character.
    That’s why I said they reflect the game “configuration” and tuning.

    If you need to be the faster and efficient possible, mods will come to help you out being as fast and efficient as possible.

  6. #186
    there are so many talents/conduits/buffs that modify spells these days i wouldn't be surprised at all if addons forget to include some now and then, or forget to update a few after a patch.

    but yeah, those addons are great for a coordinated group doing coordinated things, in pugs it doesn't really add any value other than finger pointing material. and finger pointing is generally not fun or productive.

  7. #187
    So here is the deal. I am a addon whore. I try new addons weekly and i have had a shitload of different cdtracking addons and still a few i use for our m+ group etc. Often i experience cd's not being tracked properly. Not even a week ago we had a issue with omnicd not tracking my own cd's or group members. some screenshots later confirmed that it was infact not working and that cd's had been popped

    It happens.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    just had another warrior claiming he is keeping shield block and ignore pain up... he was pretty much unhealable on trash even though it's tyrannical now...

    checking details for the uptime on the buffs...



    this was in roughly 12 minutes before i finally left because of it... 28 seconds of shield block in roughly 12 minutes... he used his 3 minute trinket more than he used shield block...
    Like this. this is what i mean with proof. Yeah. In this case the warrior was a idiot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    ?? i mentioned it on first page...
    Nope:

    tank says big pull at the start of mists... pulls both packs at the start... i can't outheal it because he's not using any cds... i ask him after the wipe why he's not using any cds... he says he used cds... he still has survival instincts, barkskin and incarnation off cooldown... he then goes on to say that my addon is wrong and that it's on cd because he used it...

    another dungeon... paladin tank dies with both shield wall and lay on hands ready while im pushing 7k hps into him and can't outheal the damage... i ask him why he didn't use either... he say they are on cooldown... my addon is showing they are off cooldown... he says the addon is buggy?

    then in mists a mage doesn't use alter time and dies because of it... ask him why he didn't use it... he says he used it... nope... my addon is showing he didn't use it... still off cooldown... he also had ice block off cooldown...

    then a warrior tank... he's unhealable... i check his uptime on shield block and ignore pain... 20% on shield block and 5% on ignore pain... tell him he has to use it more often than that... he says he's keeping them up... the addon is somehow wrong...

    why do people argue against addons and can't admit they didn't use the cds or aren't keeping their mitigation up? these are people who are at like 1300-1400 rio...
    No where you say m+ or the amount of people/dungeons you did....above is the post that started the thread. Please point out where it says it was m+ you where doing or m+ dungeons?
    It says dungeons. and you descirbe 4 people. I read it 20 times now. And i do not see the word M+ or the numbers 30 or 120.

    But agian, with this new info. It sounds like they sucked at the game. ( but without proof it is again just hear say). And the addon still could be broken etc. But it sounds most likely like them failing. And news flash. There are always people in games that bring the team down.

  9. #189
    Pandaren Monk Sugarcube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post

    Nope:
    ?? this is on first page...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    why would it suddenly malfunction with them? i've done 30 dungeons this week... and it's been accurate all the time...

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    ?? this is on first page...
    Your opening post ( the one i qouted) said nothing about it. Should i read every post of every person on this forum and remmember everything?

    Your first post is the think you ask help with, the lore thing you want to theorize about etc etc.

    Your first post was not clear enough, and the one you linked now is a response to a other persons question/remark. Be clearer next time.

    Your original post, the problem you start the thread with is not clear enough.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    yes? if they were keeping them up as they should... they wouldn't be as squishy as they were...
    An odd hill you've chosen to die on. Especially with people reporting here that CD add-ons aren't very reliable due to covenant shit.

    Who tf even downloads a CD tracker to track their groups stuff? That's an instant red flag and I'd remove you from my group ASAP if I saw that shit lmao. That's some schoolground tattletaler energy right there

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    That’s why I said they reflect the game “configuration” and tuning.

    If you need to be the faster and efficient possible, mods will come to help you out being as fast and efficient as possible.
    Which is exactly why mods that make you objectively faster & more efficient shouldn't have ever been allowed IMO.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Who tf even downloads a CD tracker to track their groups stuff?
    People who want to play more optimally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    That's an instant red flag and I'd remove you from my group ASAP if I saw that shit lmao. That's some schoolground tattletaler energy right there
    Sounds like you want people to carry you and those kind of addons makes your bad plays more visible.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    People who want to play more optimally?



    Sounds like you want people to carry you and those kind of addons makes your bad plays more visible.
    Someone feels called out. Sorry what I said applied to you bro

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    As a tank, knowing when your DPS have CDs is huge. As a healer knowing when your DPS or Tank have their defensives is huge. You definitely do raid finder max. Shame.
    Nah it's mildly useful at best, "huge" is a big overstatement. Also I do 4x +14-15 every week, and Rio is at 1400 if you care so much what content I do. Shame... lol...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    if Anyone EVER dies with defensive CD's ready, health stones, or Health pots, with no prior planning that contradicts the following statement, they are at fault, and should be flamed to shit if they think otherwise. and literally EVERY top player have said this, with no exception. YOU are responsible for YOUR life, the healer is not there to make up for your shitty play. the fact u have somehow met healers who can be bothered carrying your insanely heavy ass is insane, or maybe they are just looking for some extra challenge by playing with the challenged.
    You are kinda missing the point. I agree it's their fault if they die and could have saved themselves if they played better.

    But there is also zero reason to flame and point that out if you as a healer have tools to prevent it. If I put m+, I do it for gear or Rio and want to finish in time, I get nothing for letting DPS die because he could have prevented it, I do all I can to cover his mistakes so I can finish the dungeon. You sure have a horrible mindset for playing healer/support if you think it's not your job.

  16. #196
    How is it him? The addon reads raid logs same as DBM and Damage/Healing meters. He could just as easily check the raid logs and see that the cooldowns weren't used. The addon just makes it ALOT more quicker.

    Its like telling me you seen me use iceblock but the game didn't log it. Its impossible. Same way if you told me you used lay on hands, but the game didn't log it. Even if you died in the same hit of the lay on hands, it would still be registered in the logs.

    I actually haven't played since MoP. Was hard-core arena (2k average during TBC, 2400+ afterwards) and endgame player for TBC Wotlk & Cata. That said, with the amount if information that was available to me back then and the exponential increase of information and ease of gameplay in general.

    I'm utterly shocked to see people are still willing to waste their lives doing something they have no idea how to do correctly, they're bad at it, its literally impossible its fun unless the person has some disorder or an underdeveloped and brain and as you'd expect, many people do have underdeveloped brains. Not to mention a myriad of depression/anxiety/low self esteem/bad hygiene & lack of education doesn't help even if your brain is developed. I'm actually kidding, the day this surprises me is the day ill take a bullet to the head. It surprised me back in TBC but not anymore, just take a look at comment sections on forums and YouTube and anyone can see plain as day the sheer stupidity of the masses. A world full of people who are content with being broke, they're content with not taking care of themselves. They'll never invest what little money they do make, because they simply don't have the will to be better. They'd rather spend it on video games and movies, instead of having a ton to go around and doing all that and then some. Idk man... I could never see myself doing something I'm so bad at that I don't even know how it functions even though its as simple as.... idk falling asleep? Literally is nothing to it. Endless hours and days and years spent, having a shit life, being bad, making things harder for others and obviously barely contributing to society.

    Yeahhhhhhh idkjk mannnnnn. I actually don't like to think about all that because it scares me because I can't understand it. Like it almost makes me think its something bigger, am I the only real person on earth? Is life fake? Is this all a simulation? Because of the massive amount computational power required the majority of beings do very little so the unit processing everything can run smoothly so any true beings don't see the glitches in the framework.... TOO OFTEN! That is! Because we deffo get a glimpse of all that. Then there is worse ideas, like underdeveloped brains in the majority of humans due to something government related, like some poisoning with chemtrails or our water or pollution or something.... Yeah I just don't get it, its so foreign to me that its scary, it might as well be alien. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry my possibly real humans, a lot of you are pretty screwed!
    He who angers you conquers you.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    tank says big pull at the start of mists... pulls both packs at the start... i can't outheal it because he's not using any cds... i ask him after the wipe why he's not using any cds... he says he used cds... he still has survival instincts, barkskin and incarnation off cooldown... he then goes on to say that my addon is wrong and that it's on cd because he used it...

    another dungeon... paladin tank dies with both shield wall and lay on hands ready while im pushing 7k hps into him and can't outheal the damage... i ask him why he didn't use either... he say they are on cooldown... my addon is showing they are off cooldown... he says the addon is buggy?

    then in mists a mage doesn't use alter time and dies because of it... ask him why he didn't use it... he says he used it... nope... my addon is showing he didn't use it... still off cooldown... he also had ice block off cooldown...

    then a warrior tank... he's unhealable... i check his uptime on shield block and ignore pain... 20% on shield block and 5% on ignore pain... tell him he has to use it more often than that... he says he's keeping them up... the addon is somehow wrong...

    why do people argue against addons and can't admit they didn't use the cds or aren't keeping their mitigation up? these are people who are at like 1300-1400 rio...
    Have you ever been outside, or interacted with another human? Most people don't like to admit when they are wrong even when they know they are and like it even less when you call them out on it. That's just people, sadly. I find it funny when people carry on an argument they know they are wrong in to the point where they forget what they was lying about and start making arguments that actually go against what they was originally saying.

  18. #198
    Why does anyone blame anything when they're at fault? Because they dislike being accountable for their own shortcomings. The end.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    As a healer I watch tanks buffs as he uses them, it's not too hard to do without any add-ons. And when tank dies I don't go around investigating what he used or not used, I see no reason to do this other than to try and put a blame on someone else for wiping which I don't have to do because I don't have any problems with my ego.
    You can call it ego all you want, people who actually enjoy progressing in the game call it fixing problems. You will never get further if you don't fix what goes wrong. Ignore mistakes and they will just repeat.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    An odd hill you've chosen to die on. Especially with people reporting here that CD add-ons aren't very reliable due to covenant shit.

    Who tf even downloads a CD tracker to track their groups stuff? That's an instant red flag and I'd remove you from my group ASAP if I saw that shit lmao. That's some schoolground tattletaler energy right there
    Almost everyone who wants to play efficiently? Weird how we see all the top tier players do it, but you obv expect us to take your word for it being a bad thing.... So hmmmmmm.... your advice or advice from every top tier M+ player out there.... hard to decide....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •