Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well, we need some logs to confirm.
    i don't log m+ runs...

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    if Anyone EVER dies with defensive CD's ready, health stones, or Health pots, with no prior planning that contradicts the following statement, they are at fault, and should be flamed to shit if they think otherwise. and literally EVERY top player have said this, with no exception. YOU are responsible for YOUR life, the healer is not there to make up for your shitty play. the fact u have somehow met healers who can be bothered carrying your insanely heavy ass is insane, or maybe they are just looking for some extra challenge by playing with the challenged.
    Nope.

Def cds have a cooldown and there are certain parts in a fight where you need to pop them. Most true for mythic progression raiding where healthstones etc are preplanned for certain moments in the fight. You'll get benched if you use them before because you didn't trust your healer.

But also in high keys, def cds are more valuable in certain situations. You will want to go into pride with def cds ready and you will use them on pride and not the trash pack before. The same as you'll have at least one dps unload his damage cds into pride and not the trash pack before.

Well, we need some logs to confirm.
    Even without logs the trend is always the same.

I’m in the 11-13 bracket, if after the first boss of any dungeon my hps is above 3.5 and my dps is close to zero, something is not working as it should, regardless the no deaths, and run will probably fail the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Nope.

Def cds have a cooldown and there are certain parts in a fight where you need to pop them. Most true for mythic progression raiding where healthstones etc are preplanned for certain moments in the fight. You'll get benched if you use them before because you didn't trust your healer.

But also in high keys, def cds are more valuable in certain situations. You will want to go into pride with def cds ready and you will use them on pride and not the trash pack before. The same as you'll have at least one dps unload his damage cds into pride and not the trash pack before.
    Define High Keys. There are trashpacks where you need your Def-CDs, therefore some healers have to keep their CD for the pride.
    In our 20+, which I see as a high key, there is a high communication of when and where certain cooldowns are used. If something is fucked up before and something is missing it will lead to problems anyway.

But people definetly have to know when they really need a HS or Pot. But a lot of people are overpanicking and use them without a reason. A good healer know when to top people or if he can do damage, but in low keys around 15~ people waste those ressources then, even they are at 70% life still and nothing serious is incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    Types of players I see against addons
    -KKona Addons play the game for you. I don’t need no assistance.
    -Addons tell too much information. I don’t feel comfortable with that. How do I turn off others from getting that info via addons

Meanwhile for me:
    UI with all this extra info, 5 details frames, reloe WAs, raid CDs/interrupts, omnibar, gladius/sArena, plater, afenar WAs (personally trying to remove the need for actionbars so this is a wip), loads of extra map info/handynotes, bartender, WA to show r.io in premade group finder, ATT, warcraftlogs/tsm/r.io desktop clients, etc. Last I checked 146 addons (I think), with no skins or texture addons. All just extra info.
    wow, you must be in a world first guild and have a 2800 iO. otherwise you have shit on your screen for no other reason than self-validation that you're super good.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    wow, you must be in a world first guild and have a 2800 iO. otherwise you have shit on your screen for no other reason than self-validation that you're super good.
    Facetiousness gets you nowhere. I just like extra info.

Facetiousness gets you nowhere. I just like extra info.
    anything to distract from the mediocrity I'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    anything to distract from the mediocrity I'm sure...
    High on copium

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post

This doesn't make sense? What does "assuming a lot" has to do with one's ego?
    lol really? Read a book or two and it might begin to make sense to you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Uh?

Of course not. I simply don’t care about anything but interrupts (not to blame others but to know if I can at least try saving mine for later). Knowing you died because you didn’t use a defensive you could use won’t change the fact you died. Not interested unless you start blaming me for not having saved you.
    Um, we were talking about checking somebody else's buffs/cooldowns when and if they were used, not yourself..
    Last edited by matheney2k; 2021-03-24 at 02:49 PM.

I call personal CDs personals too, but never miss name it by calling something else. But when I call health pots, I don't mean healthstones. While there is not much of a difference, there is still some difference. And again, all this is irrelevant. It was about OP saying what paladins have shield wall and after being challenged he still insisted on that it is the case instead of clearing up. If someone would call me out for not using pain supp I would respond in "wut?" if they would still argue - not my problem. If they cleared that and would say "I meant sac." that would be an apology for bad reading of the situation if they are cool about that.
    Using a commonly understood word or phrase isn't misnaming. Words frequently carry multiple meanings, it's how language develops. WoW has its own vocabulary, and in that vocabulary shield wall refers to both the actual spell shield wall and to all big tank damage reduction cooldowns. Part of learning WoW is learning that vocabulary. When I say tank in the context of WoW, it means something very different to tank in the context of an army, but that's ok, because WoW players are expected to know what I mean and not looking around the encounter space for someone in a large armoured vehicle with a turret.

High on copium
    yeah.. that colloquialism doesn't really apply here. but super good try. someday you'll get it. You're implying you're better than everyone else for using 146 addons at once having a barrage of mostly useless information for any level of content and then offering up nothing in the way of proof that it benefits anything other than your ego. Because since you use 146 addons you must be better than the people who don't. I'm sure there is some way to quantify how much better off you are with all 5 details frames than people without.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Using a commonly understood word or phrase isn't misnaming. Words frequently carry multiple meanings, it's how language develops. WoW has its own vocabulary, and in that vocabulary shield wall refers to both the actual spell shield wall and to all big tank damage reduction cooldowns. Part of learning WoW is learning that vocabulary. When I say tank in the context of WoW, it means something very different to tank in the context of an army, but that's ok, because WoW players are expected to know what I mean and not looking around the encounter space for someone in a large armoured vehicle with a turret.
    you're literally making shit up. Ive been tanking a long time, a long time and never has a single person in any level of content from normal to M+ to mythic raiding called my Sac a Pain Sup or my GK a shield wall. No one has ever referred to ironbark or barkskin as Ardent Defender either. Youre full of shit

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol really? Read a book or two and it might begin to make sense to you

- - - Updated - - -

Um, we were talking about checking somebody else's buffs/cooldowns when and if they were used, not yourself..
    Precisely that. I don’t track other ppl cds. I find it useless during the run, if you used it, good, if you didn’t possibly bad but in this case shiet already maybe happened and whine with ppl about this will only lead to waste other time.

Also in pugs no one above +10 think they are bad in the slightest and they never make mistakes, so trying to lecture them is only a(nother) waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Precisely that. I don’t track other ppl cds. I find it useless during the run, if you used it, good, if you didn’t possibly bad but in this case shiet already maybe happened and whine with ppl about this will only lead to waste other time.

Also in pugs no one above +10 think they are bad in the slightest and they never make mistakes, so trying to lecture them is only a(nother) waste of time.
    Well that was the conversation being had why interject yourself if you have nothing to say about it besides "I don't do it."? And you are talking about others wasting time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Like you said, 1300-1400 r.io.

Thats basicly what meta classes are who played in a easy affix push week. It doesnt matter if they fail, they get much more invites anyways and the chance that they get into a group that are able to 4/5 a dungeon at that low keylevel is not unlikely.

If you want propper PUGs, dont invite meta specs with a low key count, because thats exactly what you get.

R.IO vs R.IO in your queue list means with different classes, that the 10. best ret paladin of a server is competing against the 999. best mage of the same server in R.IO. If you invite the mage, because METAAAAAAAAA, its on you and you deserver the full experience with a boosted player in a PUG key.
    what? lol 13 to 1400 is KSM and less people have KSM than have AOTC.

Some add-ons are great for certain things, don't need them though for any version of the game. WoW is a casual MMO, it be EZ.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

I suspect tanks or dps that mass pull w/out CDs are used to grouping w/ good healers/dps that cover their faults during progression. Basically, they don't realize they should've been using those buttons or had certain responsibilities bc someone else seamlessly took care of it for them. When it goes bad, they blame others since they didn't realize they've been neglecting mechanics and abilities. Can happen to healers too.

I love the tanks that use their kit to its proper potential and basically take no damage or self-heal. It keeps my heart rate down.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    what? lol 13 to 1400 is KSM and less people have KSM than have AOTC.
    Carefull now, you are criticizing the M+ vs RAID gear ilvl balance in shadowlands.

If M+ got a higher participation as raiding (thanks to R.IO data its obvious) and KSM is still less achieved as AOTC, while M+ also getting less ilvl from the dungeons, there might be a small problem with the reward / difficulty structure of the current game.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT? :>
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Part of learning WoW is learning that vocabulary.
    Yes, but still, someone insisting that paladins have shield wall is wrong. If someone says that we don't have that, it is obvious that clarification is needed, double downing on it only will raise an eyebrow and questions about competence. That is the point. I have a reasonable doubt about if OP is actually tracking GotAK or is he tracking a static Shield Wall because he failed to clarify that which gives the strong vibe of people who are certain about something what is actually wrong.
    Using correct spell names/shorts has more value in educated groups. Also tanks have more to it than just being tanks. Saying VDH provides me more info than "tank" therefore is more useful.

I have a reasonable doubt about if OP is actually tracking GotAK or is he tracking a static Shield Wall because he failed to clarify that which gives the strong vibe of people who are certain about something what is actually wrong.
    Your doubt is not reasonable as you just want to get a cheap "gotcha" for semantics that no one cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Your doubt is not reasonable as you just want to get a cheap "gotcha" for semantics that no one cares about.
    How is that not reasonable? You can't use a statement from a witness who can't tell Ford from Audi . It is not without reasonable doubt. OP is exactly that, a witness who only presents his side of the story and creates doubt about his competence/addons. I would not judge other people based on his story.

Semantics would be using a misnomer once and then clarification upon query and if I had a problem after that - sure. Not double downing on instead of clarification. Now it's facts not adding up.