Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    When your sole goal is to upset other people, you are the textbook definition of a troll, or at the very least, the enabler of trolls.
    How is it trolling to support something? Have we reached a point where simply having an opinion that doesn't align with this shitty community's hivemind is taboo?

Quote Originally Posted by ehma View Post
    What other context would I be using it for? How else did I possibly frame my opinion? And even still, how does this even explain your response lol.
    You’re a smart dude and most of your replies are condescending offers to simplify explanations for us laymen folk. Why don’t you scroll up a bit and read your own posts?

Singular uniqueness (or coolness) of a mount vs the uniqueness of a set of mounts. Those are the two contexts.

I mean, i fully agree with you on that account, i was however put off by the

Because unique mounts in Classic / TBC are a huge deal because they stand out so much.
    yeah my bad there, I worded it all very wrong.

When I think about it - store mounts might even hurt more in BC just because they are often times very unique and "cooler" than the usual mounts. In retail I dont even think about other players mount anymore. just as I dont notice titles either.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    How is it trolling to support something?
    When you say that you support every decision as long as it upsets other people, you are a enabler of trolls, whose goal it is to upset other people.
    Have we reached a point where simply having an opinion that doesn't align with this shitty community's hivemind is taboo?
    I don't think an opinion based on the mindset of
    I fully support any decision Blizzard makes to upset private server players who think the developers owe them shit.
    is to be worth to be taken serious, when, as said above, the prime directive of that opinion to aggrevate other people.

Especially when you take into account that "#nochanges" crowd were most likely people who have not dabbled into private servers and thus did not know the pitfalls that "#nochanges" entailed.
    Because there were actually quite a few people from the private server scene that pointed out certain issues, such as World buffs.
    And by the way, having MTX on Private servers, such as for cosmetics, is quite common, because Private servers are free.

So that opinion in itself stands on faulty reasoning to begin with.

When you say that you support every decision as long as it upsets other people, you are a enabler of trolls, whose goal it is to upset other people.

I don't think an opinion based on the mindset of

is to be worth to be taken serious, when, as said above, the prime directive of that opinion to aggrevate other people.

Especially when you take into account that "#nochanges" crowd were most likely people who have not dabbled into private servers and thus did not know the pitfalls that "#nochanges" entailed.
    Because there were actually quite a few people from the private server scene that pointed out certain issues, such as World buffs.
    And by the way, having MTX on Private servers, such as for cosmetics, is quite common, because Private servers are free.

So that opinion in itself stands on faulty reasoning to begin with.
    Hey you're 100% correct. Sorry for discounting the opinions of people who played on pirate servers. I guess I should be more mindful of people who make a conscious choice to play on completely unsupported versions of the game.

Oops, my bad.

Hey you're 100% coreecr. Sorry for discounting the opinions of people who played on pirate servers. I guess I should be more mindful of people who make a conscious choice to play on completely unsupported versions of the game.

Oops, my bad.
    As pointed out in my post, the "#nochanges" crowd were generally people who were not fully aware of what they're signing up, whereas the people with sizeable private server experience knew the pitfalls of that.

As outlined in my previous post, it's very silly to assume that everybody that championed "#nochanges" solely sticked to private servers, discounting the fact that there were also people that played on Private servers while still paying the sub for Retail, it's not like these were somehow exclusive to each other.

You can also get upset over the people that played on Private servers, but the reality is, without private servers, Classic wouldn't exist, because Blizzard in their infinite wisdom would have probably not released Classic in the first place without the whole Nostalrius drama.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-24 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Honestly? I don't know why people complain about what people spend their money on.

I feel like your quoting the wrong person unless of course, it is an open complaint to rant?

More of a open rant. Was not meant towards you. Just seen a lot of forum posters here getting all bent out shape over what other people spend their money on in this game.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

As pointed out in my post, the "#nochanges" crowd were generally people who were not fully aware of what they're signing up, whereas the people with sizeable private server experience knew the pitfalls of that.

As outlined in my previous post, it's very silly to assume that everybody that championed "#nochanges" solely sticked to private servers, discounting the fact that there were also people that played on Private servers while still paying the sub for Retail, it's not like these were somehow exclusive to each other.

You can also get upset over the people that played on Private servers, but the reality is, without private servers, Classic wouldn't exist, because Blizzard in their infinite wisdom would have probably not released Classic in the first place without the whole Nostalrius drama.
    That's an unprovable argument and you know it. We can't know what might have happened if not for Nost because that DID happen. We have over a decade of the Great Wall of No but who's to say Blizzard wouldn't have eventually just decided to do it any way? Most of the "Nost drama" to me seems like Blizzard paid lip service to a group of players who now feel duped after realizing that the multi dollar company is still gonna do multi dollar company things. Frankly, I'm tired of seeing people make No True Scotsman arguments about what "real" WoW fans want when it's abundantly clear that these are just private server players who feel like it's Blizzard's sole responsibility to recreate the game in the image they feel is açcurate.

The argument is crystal clear and very fucking stupid. It's a textbook slippery slope fallacy. Regardless, it's clear the developers could give a shit about #NoChanges purists who balk at their attempts to monetize Classic. I fully support any decision Blizzard makes to upset private server players who think the developers owe them shit.
    How on earth are you still calling this slippery slope fallacy when you can see clear as day this EXACT same thing has happened on retail lol. The only way it's a fallacy is if you can't prove the direct connection from one thing to another. This couldn't be any more clear about what's going to happen. I mean really, how deep do you have to have your head in the sand to still think this lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    More of a open rant. Was not meant towards you. Just seen a lot of forum posters here getting all bent out shape over what other people spend their money on in this game.
    Ah. I get you, and understand, further more, agree.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    You’re a smart dude and most of your replies are condescending offers to simplify explanations for us laymen folk. Why don’t you scroll up a bit and read your own posts?

Singular uniqueness (or coolness) of a mount vs the uniqueness of a set of mounts. Those are the two contexts.
    Do you really need me to start quoting every post from the past in order to explain the context of literally every single post and hurt your feelings again while you have another edit explaining how you misunderstood what I wrote, or do you want to just go ahead and read it yourself again and then make the edit before I post.

Because if you seriously need me to walk you through every post like you made me do before I will do it agian.
    Last edited by ehma; 2021-03-24 at 10:49 PM.

Most of the "Nost drama" to me seems like Blizzard paid lip service to a group of players who now feel duped after realizing that the multi dollar company is still gonna do multi dollar company things.
    Considering that Blizzard (or specifically, a single dev) looked into the matter after the Nostalrius drama, i would say that it at the very least heavily accelerated the process.

And frankly, considering J. Allen Bracks stance, who would have become President of Blizzard anyway, the whole thing would have become even less likely, because there then a guy that has shot down the idea publically in a quite condenscending fashion now in charge of the entire company.
    Frankly, I'm tired of seeing people make No True Scotsman arguments about what "real" WoW fans want when it's abundantly clear that these are just private server players who feel like it's Blizzard's sole responsibility to recreate the game in the image they feel is açcurate.
    If i were to pick between the "no true scotsman" fallacy and the outright encouragement to piss off players, i think i'll go with the logical fallacy.

Disregarding the absolutely hilarious situation that you start off your post with "you can't prove that" and then outright state, without any proof, that this opinion is solely held by a bunch of private server players.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-24 at 11:06 PM.

Considering that Blizzard (or specifically, a single dev) looked into the matter after the Nostalrius drama, i would say that it at the very least heavily accelerated the process.

And frankly, considering J. Allen Bracks stance, who would have become President of Blizzard anyway, the whole thing would have become even less likely, because there then a guy that has shot down the idea publically in a quite condenscending fashion now in charge of the entire company.

If i were to pick between the "no true scotsman" fallacy and the outright encouragement to piss off players, i think i'll go with the logical fallacy.

Disregarding the absolutely hilarious situation that you start off your post with "you can't proof that" and then outright state, without any proof, that this opinion is solely held by a bunch of private server players.
    Brother, if you wish to live in a world where it isn't astonishingly obvious that there is clear crossover between people who use private realms and people who discuss shit on WoW forums, go for it. Before Classic was official this very fucking forum had a 2,000-page megathread where a majority of the people discussing it were... wait for it: Private server players. You can claim I'm making biased observations if you'd like but you're wrong. Have a nice day. :^)

- - - Updated - - -

How on earth are you still calling this slippery slope fallacy when you can see clear as day this EXACT same thing has happened on retail lol. The only way it's a fallacy is if you can't prove the direct connection from one thing to another. This couldn't be any more clear about what's going to happen. I mean really, how deep do you have to have your head in the sand to still think this lol.
    What is this random string of words even supposed to mean? Are you feeding your thoughts into an AI chat generator?

Brother, if you wish to live in a world where it isn't astonishingly obvious that there is clear crossover between people who use private realms and people who discuss shit on WoW forums, go for it. Before Classic was official this very fucking forum had a 2,000-page megathread where a majority of the people discussing it were... wait for it: Private server players. You can claim I'm making biased observations if you'd like but you're wrong. Have a nice day. :^)

- - - Updated - - -

What is this random string of words even supposed to mean? Are you feeding your thoughts into an AI chat generator?
    Is this your way of dodging my response? Because it’s a very easy thought to grasp onto. Your claim of this being a fallacy makes no sense when this exact same thing has happened to retail. It’s just repeating itself in front of you.

Yes, Blizzard shut down a private server, which caused drama and people started to discuss...private servers, wow what an amazing observation.

What is your next brilliant observation?
    That whenever Blizzard added a mount to the cashshop, people discussed MTX?

By the way, how could the #nochanges movement even exist before the official announcement?
    Did people already discuss Classic in like "If Blizzard does that, which they have denied, they should totally do X!"?

Mate, you're just a contrarian, nothing more.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-24 at 11:16 PM.

Because if you seriously need me to walk you through every post like you made me do before I will do it agian.
    Are you going to email a copy to the manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Are you going to email a copy to the manager?
    That depends, I might have to in case I’m not able to dumb it down enough for you.

Yes, Blizzard shut down a private server, which caused drama and people started to discuss...private servers, wow what an amazing observation.
    Your reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired. The observation isn't that Blizzard did something therefore people discussed it. It's that the audience of people who discuss shit on WoW forums has a heavy crossover with those who play on private realms. Since these forums are very rarely an accurate representation of the actual playerbase, we shouldn't be looking at forum outrage and then jumping to the conclusion that these proposed changes are nearly as controversial as indicated here.

By the way, how could the #nochanges movement even exist before the official announcement?
    Did people already discuss Classic in like "If Blizzard does that, which they have denied, they should totally do X!"?
    The megathread's still around if you want to find it. But to answer your question it was mostly circular arguments from private realm people saying that Blizzard is stupid as fuck for not making official Classic realms. There were a few dissenting opinions (using the Great Wall of No as a barrier) but it was overwhelmingly in favor of Blizzard introducing Classic realms to the game.

Mate, you're just a contrarian, nothing more.
    No shit, Sherlock. I've said many times that I disagree with this forum's hivemind mentality. If you don't want to respond to my opinions put me on your block list and move the fuck on with your life.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this your way of dodging my response? Because it’s a very easy thought to grasp onto. Your claim of this being a fallacy makes no sense when this exact same thing has happened to retail. It’s just repeating itself in front of you.
    You failed to address a single thing I said and instead went with, "just read my last post." I'm not going to argue semantics with somebody who doesn't even want to engage in an actual debate.

Your reading comprehension skills leave a lot to be desired. The observation isn't that Blizzard did something therefore people discussed it. It's that the audience of people who discuss shit on WoW forums has a heavy crossover with those who play on private realms. Since these forums are very rarely an accurate representation of the actual playerbase, we shouldn't be looking at forum outrage and then jumping to the conclusion that these proposed changes are nearly as controversial as indicated here.

The megathread's still around if you want to find it. But to answer your question it was mostly circular arguments from private realm people saying that Blizzard is stupid as fuck for not making official Classic realms. There were a few dissenting opinions (using the Great Wall of No as a barrier) but it was overwhelmingly in favor of Blizzard introducing Classic realms to the game.

No shit, Sherlock. I've said many times that I disagree with this forum's hivemind mentality. If you don't want to respond to my opinions put me on your block list and move the fuck on with your life.

- - - Updated - - -

You failed to address a single thing I said and instead went with, "just read my last post." I'm not going to argue semantics with somebody who doesn't even want to engage in an actual debate.
    I’m sorry what? You called the argument a slippery slope fallacy. I explained to you exactly why it isn’t a fallacy because it has happened time and time again in this exact same way, so then you respond with “what did you even say”. Are you replying to the right person?

It really just shows what sort dissonant relation you seem to have with the "popular opinion" on the forums.

If Blizzard had never listened to people "on the forums", there would have been no Classic servers, let alone TBC servers, today, as people on the forums & social media pushed for it.

And guess what Classic was?
    A massive success.
    Oh boy, it seems like mindlessly dismissing a popular opinion on the forums isn't the best way to interact with your community.

Classic is in itself proof that the popular opinion does sometimes hold water.

Keep in mind, the ones playing on Private Servers previously would have just continued to play Classic on Private Servers, whereas the ones that refused to play on those servers would have not gained access to Classic, which should tell who actually pushed for those servers.
    You made the claim, i'm not looking up your sources, let alone trust them - especially when you openly admit to being a contrarian and thus not being objective in your judgement.
    Maybe some people looked at those private servers and went "hey, i want an official of this, so i can enjoy it without all these issues related to private servers!".

What is your point?
    Being in favour of Classic servers was actually bad?
    No shit, Sherlock. I've said many times that I disagree with this forum's hivemind mentality.
    I've rarely seen people that wear the description of Contrarian as some badge of honor, usually because it highlights that somebody spends as little thought on their position as the ones that follow the "popular opinion", the sole difference being that contrarians assume the opposite stance.
    If you don't want to respond to my opinions put me on your block list and move the fuck on with your life.
    Frankly, i consider it quite entertaining how somebody can take that much pride in being a contrarian without realizing that he's no better than the "hivemind" mentality he's complaining about.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-24 at 11:56 PM.