Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ehma View Post
    I’m sorry what? You called the argument a slippery slope fallacy. I explained to you exactly why it isn’t a fallacy because it has happened time and time again in this exact same way, so then you respond with “what did you even say”. Are you replying to the right person?
    No, clearly I'm suffering from sort of short term dementia because trying to articulate a response to somebody who can't even grasp the foundational principles of the English language is exceedingly difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It really just shows what sort dissonant relation you seem to have with the "popular opinion" on the forums.

If Blizzard had never listened to people "on the forums", there would have been no Classic servers, let alone TBC servers, today, as people on the forums & social media pushed for it.

And guess what Classic was?
    A massive success.
    Oh boy, it seems like mindlessly dismissing a popular opinion on the forums isn't the best way to interact with your community.

Classic is in itself proof that the popular opinion does sometimes hold water.

Keep in mind, the ones playing on Private Servers previously would have just continued to play Classic on Private Servers, whereas the ones that refused to play on those servers would have not gained access to Classic, which should tell who actually pushed for those servers.

You made the claim, i'm not looking up your sources, let alone trust them - especially when you openly admit to being a contrarian and thus not being objective in your judgement.
    Maybe some people looked at those private servers and went "hey, i want an official of this, so i can enjoy it without all these issues related to private servers!".

What is your point?
    Being in favour of Classic servers was actually bad?

I've rarely seen people that wear the description of Contrarian as some badge of honor, usually because it highlights that somebody spends as little thought on their position as the ones that follow the "popular opinion", the sole difference being that contrarians assume the opposite stance.

Frankly, i consider it quite entertaining how somebody can take that much pride in being a contrarian without realizing that he's no better than the "hivemind" mentality he's complaining about.
    Hey, that's a lot of words. Most of them are meaningless. But I did notice one thing: Can you address my actual argument instead of things I didn't say? Specifically the bit where I said that there's a crossover of people who post on forums and people who use private servers. Thanks.

It's funny how everyone was like "Nah, they will never let you boost characters in WoW classic!".. Now everyone is like "Nah, they will never add store mounts to WoW classic!"

But hey if Blizzard can earn some extra $$$, they surely won't miss that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    No, clearly I'm suffering from sort of short term dementia because trying to articulate a response to somebody who can't even grasp the foundational principles of the English language is exceedingly difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, that's a lot of words. Most of them are meaningless. But I did notice one thing: Can you address my actual argument instead of things I didn't say? Specifically the bit where I said that there's a crossover of people who post on forums and people who use private servers. Thanks.
    Ok so this is your way of responding when you talked yourself into a corner lol. Ok then. Next time just say you don’t know what you’re talking about so we can save some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    maybe ya'll should just... wait for blizz to tell you what its for and where it's from.
    I prefer to do no research and fly off the handle and rant on the Internet. If I'm not getting angry about things blizzard hasn't said then why am I even playing wow anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    when has that sort of thing ever happened
    Hearthstone, HoTS. This would be the best case scenario.

But.. let's be honest. It'll be a store mount lmao

Specifically the bit where I said that there's a crossover of people who post on forums and people who use private servers. Thanks.
    Mate, this is not an opinion, it's an assumption on your part.

Disregarding that you now roll back to "there is a crossover" whereas you previously claimed.
    Frankly, I'm tired of seeing people make No True Scotsman arguments about what "real" WoW fans want when it's abundantly clear that these are just private server players
    Which naturally implies that everybody that holds this opinion plays on private servers.

If you want me to address an arguement, you need to state an arguement, not an assumption.

Mate, this is not an opinion, it's an assumption on your part.

Disregarding that you now roll back to "there is a crossover" whereas you previously claimed.

Which naturally implies that everybody that holds this opinion plays on private servers.

If you want me to address an arguement, you need to state an arguement, not an assumption.
    We've been over this: You're wrong. The end.

Have a nice day.

We've been over this: You're wrong. The end.
    Well, you haven't provided any proof to support your claim, so yeah, that's not how it works.

But i guess as as a proud contrarian, you're above such trivialities.

Well, you haven't provided any proof to support your claim, so yeah, that's not how it works.

But i guess as as a proud contrarian, you're above such trivialities.
    You want to deny something as plainly evident as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. There's no point in engaging in a debate with somebody who is intentionally living in an insular world that doesn't align with reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ehma View Post
    Ok so this is your way of responding when you talked yourself into a corner lol. Ok then. Next time just say you don’t know what you’re talking about so we can save some time.
    Instead of pretending like you're smarter than everybody in this thread can you address anything that I said in this post? I am not interested in arguing semantics. Either address my post or stop responding to me. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    I think the issue is that paid mounts would be against the original TBC design philosophy where you'd have to obtain stuff by actually playing the game not flashing out your credit card. (yes TCG items were a thing but that is still different than just buying the items straight from a store)
    Design Philosophy goes out the window where money is concerned. This is not the same Blizzard of old sadly, this is Corporate Era Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Design Philosophy goes out the window where money is concerned. This is not the same Blizzard of old sadly, this is Corporate Era Blizzard.
    Did you know it's possible for businesses to want to make money while simultaneously allowing their creative team the liberty to make the game they want to make? I know. It was a hard pill for me to swallow, too. But now that I'm over asking people to agree with my super hot take that NEW BLIZZARD BAD my life is a million times less stressful. You should try it out.

7+ Year Old Account
    How many unique mounts (black drone, ZG, Baron, can't even count the PvP mounts because they'll be easier to grab in TBC) do you own on Classic?

Just out of curiosity.
    baron aint even unique if you're horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know it's possible for businesses to want to make money while simultaneously allowing their creative team the liberty to make the game they want to make? I know. It was a hard pill for me to swallow, too. But now that I'm over asking people to agree with my super hot take that NEW BLIZZARD BAD my life is a million times less stressful. You should try it out.
    I dunno man, half the shit they put in the game makes me feel like they don't play their own game.

Maybe, but we see little or nothing of that in wow retail. What they present to the playerbase is the bare minimum we should expect from a company like ActiBlizz. While giving us the bare minimum, they also slog in alot of unnecceseray grinds for the sake of it. Yes its a MMO so grinds are part of it, but not like it is now. Its still also is a lottery slot machine with low droprates from raids/m+ and the vault.

They make money like never before from the game, but one could argue that the quality of the game has diminshed. Maybe, as you say, the creative team is actually doing theyre best and are giving the players the absolute best they can give, but im not so sure. I think its a wanted philosofy of the game with seasonal subbing(with alot of downtime inbetween), wow token, push out unique store mounts and other cash shop features that are focused on. Its less about having people staying on playing, but maximize revenue each year.

ActiBlizz knows by now that a regular xpac launch combined with a somewhat steady patch release is enough. Cause the big money is in mounts, pets, wow token,boosts and other shop features that are in the game. So what if people unsub a couple of months after new content launches? They will be back for the next one and in the meantime they launch a shining mount or some "awesome 6 month sub deal".

WHen they also have classic & BC to fill in the gaps, its the perfect scenario for them. Can be pretty sure that in a couple of years they launch WotLK too. They can keep doing this for a long time.

What im saying is: They could, and should, deliver much much better content to the retail playerbase when we know how much revenue it creates. We should expect more.

The priority has shifted, not for the sake of the players. Its not like this revenue is being spendt on other IPs either.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I dunno man, half the shit they put in the game makes me feel like they don't play their own game.
    A valid critique but let's not pretend older versions of WoW didn't have just as much dumb shit in them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    What im saying is: They could, and should, deliver much much better content to the retail playerbase when we know how much revenue it creates. We should expect more.

The priority has shifted, not for the sake of the players.
    Well then, I guess it's settled since you've taken it on yourself to speak on behalf of the entire playerbase.

This sounds like a you issue far more than a Blizzard issue.

You want to deny something as plainly evident as the sun rising in the east and setting in the west. There's no point in engaging in a debate with somebody who is intentionally living in an insular world that doesn't align with reality.
    Because the belief that only people who played private servers wanted Classic servers is complete bogus, let alone that only those people were "#nochanges" advocates.
    Both are a complete asspull on your part.

Disregarding that, even if somebody played Private servers previously and now plays Classic, they are now paying customers like anybody else.
    So, not only dimissing their opinion but going as far as to say that Blizzard should do everything to piss paying customers off is complete lunacy.

Unless you now want to tell me that all of those people complaining right now are actually still playing Private servers and feel the urge to argue about servers they don't even play on - but even then it's once again outright stupidity to alter a game just to annoy some people that don't even play your game.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    baron aint even unique if you're horde.
    Neither are the ZG mounts if you want to be accurate, they still stand out, however.

Putting aside that even on Horde side the Baron Mount is the only Skeletal Horse that Taurens can use.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-25 at 10:30 AM.

Because the belief that only people who played private servers wanted Classic servers is complete bogus,
    Not what I said. I said that private server players feel like they willed Blizzard into capitulation by creating Classic in the first place. Which is why...

let alone that only those people were "#nochanges" advocates.
    ...they may not all be #NoChanges but you definitely see a lot of them here and on the official forums complaining that Blizzard's attempts to monetize Classic are tarnishing their precious, beloved pure memories of the "real" TBC.

Disregarding that, even if somebody played Private servers previously and now plays Classic, they are now paying customers like anybody else.
    Unless you now want to tell me that all of those people complaining right now are actually still playing Private servers and feel the urge to argue about servers they don't even play on.
    Again, not at all what I'm saying nor what I'm implying. I don't know why you have this weird tendency to go off on tangents that have nothing at all to do with what I have said. What I've said, from the beginning, is that private server players (of which there is a huge overlap in people who participate in online forum discussions like this one) have a weird sense of entitlement over the direction Blizzard takes with TBC. Entitled WoW players are the worst fucking thing this community has to offer so I fully support any opportunity Blizzard provides to show these people that they do not deserve a God damned fucking thing. If it's enough to make these players quit then so be it; the community is better off without them.

You're free to tell me that I'm just unjerking the circlejerk if you'd like but that's where I stand on this. I really don't think there's much more that I can say that wouldn't be repeating myself ad nauseum at this point so can we call it here? Thanks.

A valid critique but let's not pretend older versions of WoW didn't have just as much dumb shit in them.

- - - Updated - - -

Well then, I guess it's settled since you've taken it on yourself to speak on behalf of the entire playerbase.

This sounds like a you issue far more than a Blizzard issue.
    Dont you think the playerbase always wants more and better content? Is that such a weird thing to think? You cant honestly say that Shadowlands is the peak of what Blizzard has delivered. But you could be right, maybe its not about a priority shift and instead the wow team is just not of the same standard anymore.

I would find it weird if you(or others) accepts that Blizzard delivers worse content, when they can -and should- deliver better, while raking in the big bucks.

The life of all of you must be excellent in every way possible if you're this upset, Karen-level, about cosmetic things like a ground mount

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Dont you think the playerbase always wants more and better content? Is that such a weird thing to think? You cant honestly say that Shadowlands is the peak of what Blizzard has delivered. But you could be right, maybe its not about a priority shift and instead the wow team is just not of the same standard anymore.

I would find it weird if you(or others) accepts that Blizzard delivers worse content, when they can -and should- deliver better, while raking in the big bucks.
    It's never as easy as saying "everything's awesome" or "everything sucks." It's a spectrum. I certainly don't think WoW is at its peak right now but I also don't think it's nearly as bad as it has been in the past. It's a video game that I enjoy playing (probably more than I should) and I find it worth the monthly subscription cost. If you don't then just vote with your wallet and unsubscribe. And encourage others who are clearly unhappy with the current state of the game to do the same. Blizzard will never learn the hard lessons I see players like you suggesting until they start actually feeling it in their wallets. I don't buy into the conspiracies that they go out of their way to design the game poorly just because they can. There are some of the most creative, artistic and intelligent people in the industry working at the company and it's frankly disrespectfully offensive to see how routinely people on this forum completely disregard this fact in a vain effort to receive meaningless platitudes from other internet strangers.