Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    If you don’t want the perspective of someone with relevant business and technical experience, then stop replying.
    Unless you have deeper insight into the subject and can actually showcase why TBC needs additional funding in comparison to Classic, i wouldn't necessarily throw that arguement around.

Especially when your assumption goes against the word of the people that are actually working on it.

Face it, what you're saying just goes against common sense.
    1. TBC is a much smaller project than Classic
    2. Classic did not have any additional monetization outside of the regular sub and was still considered a huge success by Blizzard
    3. The far simpler explanation would just be that Blizzard wants more money

I have no idea why this is the hill you want die on, especially you yourself already acknowledged the far more simpler explanation.

This isn't about how much effort it is to implement TBC, it is the big question why does Classic did not have any additional monetization but TBC has.
    To which the most reasonable answer is: Blizzard wants more revenue, not because TBC takes more money to develop (where also the more logical monetization would be a one time purchase, not a deluxe edition or cashshop).
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Explaining the process in detail is obviously not in the scope of a Blizzcon talk
    Because they were asked about the option of potential TBC servers, to which their respond was: "The legwork is done".
    People did not ask for details on how they will implement TBC.

Why should they go into detail when that was never question?
    If TBC was actually much more costly to develop then the statement "the legwork is done" is an absolutely misleading statement, if not an outright lie, and when it comes to technical stuff, i am more inclined to believe Blizzard when it makes sense.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-04-01 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No they won't. You want to ridicule them but you'll shut your mouth and say nothing. I hope it's a TBCC mount they everyone gets for something basic like logging in release month. It's a fucking mount. Who cares.

- - - Updated - - -

We have already passed that threshold with the paid boosts and the token. The horse has bolted. I don't believe there will be a store but if there was then I wouldn't care.

I still remember the first store bought mount, the stupid white Pegasus and yes I made fun of the people that bought it, it was the beginning of the end of my love of the game, sure I kept playing through cata but I remember that being the first "in game" thing that really disappointed me. I came back last year for classic and so far I have enjoyed it but I hope they don't travel the same exact path in development they did originally, because somewhere between the end of Wotlk and the beginning of panda they lost my business. If they want to add new content that can be earned, have at it, but store bought items are icky.