Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Why not?
    Again an ingame item that cannot be obtained ingame, being sold for real life cash only.
    how is that not the definition of an ingame store?

    - - - Updated - - -



    "Shop sells virtual goods without being collectors items"

    Idk about you, but these look like virtual goods being sold on a store, unless these are actually real life things and i just didnt know.

    i think the shop sucks, but its been in the game for 17 years, so at this point im over it, cause i am glad it is far fucking better then most other games, look to FF14, their store is fucking insane compared to wow's.
    Christ you are being so pedantic lol. If anything you should be arguing that the TCG was more of a game shop than the CE pets. An in-game shop allows anyone, at any point in time, pay money for special items on-demand. CE's are specifically tied to certain events like expansion/game releases.

    You're the kind of person who would argue cars and trains are literally the same thing because they both have wheels and get you places on a designated "track" or "road". There are nuances to everything, it's just something in life you need to realize.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So here is an idea!

    pay 100$ on the ingame store, you get the warglaive of azzinoth instantly, but we also send you a set of warglaive pins for your shirt! and because you ALSO get a phsyical item it is not a collectors edition and not a shop.
    Didn't take long for you to pull out the strawman game when defending shit like this. Are you a CM by now? Cause you're putting in more work than the blizzard forum CMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

  3. #83
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Because those items were part of the physical limited collector's edition. You had to buy the CE box from a retailer. Inside the box was a CD key that you used to activate CE status on your account and only then you got the items. If you don't understand the difference between a retail CE box and an ingame digital item store I don't know what to tell you.
    so again... paying real life money to get an item ingame.

    if they changed the ingame shop to require you to pay, then they would send a piece of paper to your door with a code you entered, to then get what you bought, would that make you happy?




    Item unable to be obtained ingame, bought with real life money
    how the fuck do you defend that?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trajer View Post
    Christ you are being so pedantic lol. If anything you should be arguing that the TCG was more of a game shop than the CE pets. An in-game shop allows anyone, at any point in time, pay money for special items on-demand. CE's are specifically tied to certain events like expansion/game releases.

    You're the kind of person who would argue cars and trains are literally the same thing because they both have wheels and get you places on a designated "track" or "road". There are nuances to everything, it's just something in life you need to realize.
    oh the TCG was also a huge ingame shop, its actually closer to lootboxes, as you had to gamble on buyying packs in hopes of getting the card you wanted.

    but hey man, your the one defending lootboxes and selling ingame items for real cash, so thats on you mate.





    i am not sorry, i am tired and idk why but i could only think of this moment from like the last time i watched rick and morty when this episode came out so have this.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-03-23 at 02:34 PM.

  4. #84
    Warchief bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    whetehr u like it or not, whether u realize it or not, a shop, be it tokens or mounts or whatever, will negatively impact the game in the long term, and also influces the rest of the game by existing.

    Are you telling me u want to willingly pay extra for an ingame item when it can be obtained in game for free?
    what about people who cant afford to pay for a mount? and others can. that sucks right? its a bad feeling right?
    mmos are all about progression, and mounts and the sort are visual progression.

    in order for cosmetics to be sold, they have to be better in quality more often than in game stuff.

    there are fking a million reasons why a shop sucks.
    Man, those gladiator mounts in Retail or the Scarab-lord War Tank in classic going to people who earned it must suck for those that couldn't. I never once feel like someone buying something affects me in anyway. People couldnt afford the carry to Gladiator, or couldn't invest the time for Scarab-Lord, but i am sure they are really tore up over it.

    As for cosmetics being better than in-game, that is simply not true. They just need to be different or interesting enough for people to buy it. Look at the goldbull on retail or the Butterfly jumper, id find few people who would consider them better, but they still sold.

    I realize exactly what a shop does to a game, but i also don't think its as doom and gloom as you think it is. Many games have cosmetic shops and many have way more pervasive shops and yet are highly respected. FF14 you can buy just about any piece of cosmetic armor imaginable, and yet the game is highly critically respected.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  5. #85
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Didn't take long for you to pull out the strawman game when defending shit like this. Are you a CM by now? Cause you're putting in more work than the blizzard forum CMs.
    it was an example, not a strawman, i was showing how simply giving the player a phsyical reward along side their purchase does not suddenly make it fine.


    just because you got a piece of paper with a worth of 50 cents, does not mean its ok you just spent 3000$ for the code on that peice of paper
    gunna call that a strawman?
    cause thats literally the TCG cards.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I realize exactly what a shop does to a game, but i also don't think its as doom and gloom as you think it is. Many games have cosmetic shops and many have way more pervasive shops and yet are highly respected. FF14 you can buy just about any piece of cosmetic armor imaginable, and yet the game is highly critically respected.
    yeah pretty much this, wow's store pales in comparison, like FF14 i think has atleast 20x more stuff on its store then wow last time i checked.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Are we really throwing a fit over a cosmetic? We've had paid cosmetics in WoW for over 11 years now, time to let it go.
    Have no problem with it as long as it's a retail mount.

    Also what this guy said

    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    this is what is going to happen......... history repeating itself, fking unbelievable

    https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...othing_now_we/

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so again... paying real life money to get an item ingame.

    if they changed the ingame shop to require you to pay, then they would send a piece of paper to your door with a code you entered, to then get what you bought, would that make you happy?




    Item unable to be obtained ingame, bought with real life money
    how the fuck do you defend that?
    Because if you only wanted the digital item you'd also get tons of physical crap because it was a COLLECTOR'S EDITION. It is not the same as a designated store where you pay ONLY for the ONE DIGITAL item that you want and get it.

    IF Blizzard sold those CE pets separately without all the other stuff you got THEN it would be the same as an in game store.

    Like they did with the anniversary edition CE. You got the mounts if you bought the physical box BUT you could also just buy the mounts from store directly. That is the difference.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Man, those gladiator mounts in Retail or the Scarab-lord War Tank in classic going to people who earned it must suck for those that couldn't. I never once feel like someone buying something affects me in anyway. People couldnt afford the carry to Gladiator, or couldn't invest the time for Scarab-Lord, but i am sure they are really tore up over it.

    As for cosmetics being better than in-game, that is simply not true. They just need to be different or interesting enough for people to buy it. Look at the goldbull on retail or the Butterfly jumper, id find few people who would consider them better, but they still sold.

    I realize exactly what a shop does to a game, but i also don't think its as doom and gloom as you think it is. Many games have cosmetic shops and many have way more pervasive shops and yet are highly respected. FF14 you can buy just about any piece of cosmetic armor imaginable, and yet the game is highly critically respected.
    lol. if u realize exactly what it does, then you would realize what ur saying about gladiotar and scarab mounts makes no sense., but hey if thats what you want to believe.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except it is now being made available for the majority of the playerbase, and for those who didnt want to fork out a fuck load of irl cash, this is a new pet available to em so
    yeah it is new for most of the playerbase, and it is something being given to players in live that they wernt given before.
    That's true, but not the point. You said-

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i know... but that is the point. they are adding a pet to wow live that is shitty quality with no polygons.
    -and my point is, no, they aren't adding a new pet. They're just giving access to something that already exists to more people.

  10. #90
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Because if you only wanted the digital item you'd also get tons of physical crap because it was a COLLECTOR'S EDITION. It is not the same as a designated store where you pay ONLY for the ONE DIGITAL item that you want and get it.

    IF Blizzard sold those CE pets separately without all the other stuff you got THEN it would be the same as an in game store.

    Like they did with the anniversary edition CE. You got the mounts if you bought the physical box BUT you could also just buy the mounts from store directly. That is the difference.
    so again

    You buy a card for 3000$
    the card itself is only worth 50 cents
    but the code on the card is worth 3000$

    And that is fine to you because you bought a physical item, that came with a code, just because you got a physical item, it suddenly makes it alright?

    Lol really?

  11. #91
    @FelPlague @bloodwulf
    i just cant believe what im reading guys. Is this honestly what you guys want, you who are defending this shop? are you actually happy with this?

    You want to pay extra money isntead of getting the item ingame?

    You want those who cant pay to feel bad and not be able to get the mount because its beind a paywall? (ingame stuff that takes effort and rare is not the same)

    Would it not be better for all parties involved if there was no shop?

    If your argument is i dont have time, then you are admitting that you want to pay to SKIP?

    A shop WILL lead down to other services, wow token, faction change in tbc, restrictions lifted on boosts later on etc...

    Collectors items are NOT the same as shop. Its obvious. And even if u still cant understand that, a shop sucks regardless, the solution isnt to add more?

    MMORPGS are about progression amongst other things, and cosmetics are visual progression. It doesnt matter if i simply chose not to buy or whatever. IGNORING the option doesnt work. The influence is felt throughout the game.

    MMORPGs are more healthy long term than short term without a shop.

    And then even after all that you still want to defend it, then my friends, the problems are with you, and i urge to HONESTLY ask yourself is that really what you want...
    Last edited by lolmmofuture; 2021-03-23 at 02:52 PM.

  12. #92
    Hopefully not a "pay to get", via some premium edition or store mount.

    Would be cool if this came from some hard to achieve ingame activity. Even if it was a 1 000 000 g mount, at least it would be a gold sink.

    However, I assume it's a "pay to get" mount. Disapointing.

  13. #93
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    18,875
    My guess is, since it's only on the Classic client, it's a crossover promotion like the Hearthsteed was. "Reach level 60 in Shadowlands to unlock the Warp Stalker mount in Burning Crusade Classic!" type deal. They've always been pretty open about wanting to get players who returned for Classic trying out Retail, with hitting 60 for the first time in Classic unlocking a character boost in Retail, this is probably going to be the replacement for that so you spend more time in Retail leveling up.

    It's cynical, yeah, but so is most of their design-by-metrics philosophy. All they care about is that you're spending more time plugged into WoW servers helping up their return on investment so they can show off to the bean counters.

    *edited to clarify after rereading
    Last edited by Thage; 2021-03-23 at 02:54 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  14. #94
    God, keep this crap out of classic. Buy your wow tokens, pets and mounts on retail - don't butcher our game.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    level to like 70 in TBC and you'll be granted this mount on retail.
    Banking on that and TBH that'll probably get me to level to 70 in TBC if that's how they're going with this. It is a nice mount. I doubt they'll add it to BC itself. Similarly to how they did the whole classic style AV event with the updated AV mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  16. #96
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    427
    Well people have already voiced their opinion that they want a cashshop in classic. ofc Blizzard is not going to stop monetizing retail players.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so again

    You buy a card for 3000$
    the card itself is only worth 50 cents
    but the code on the card is worth 3000$

    And that is fine to you because you bought a physical item, that came with a code, just because you got a physical item, it suddenly makes it alright?

    Lol really?
    The code is only as valuable as people make it to be. Demand and supply. TCG items are like gambling. You can spend literally hundreds to thousands of dollars and never see the tiger you're looking for. You can buy the card from ebay and it turns out that it was a scam and the code is already used you just didn't read the small print.

    Now compare that to the in game store where there is no gambling. You pay a fixed price. And you get the item.

    If you compare the in game store to CE boxes and TCG loot cards you're comparing apples to oranges. They are not the same. Only thing they have in common are real life money and a digital item. Yeah apples and oranges both grow in a tree.

    And I am not arguing if the CE or TCG items are good or bad for the game. I am simply saying that they are not 1:1 with the in game store.

  18. #98
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    22,968
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmmofuture View Post
    You want to pay extra money isntead of getting the item ingame?
    no, im trhe one whos saying its all bad, you are the one defending it because "hey you also got a phsyical thing worth 50 cents so that makes it fine"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    The code is only as valuable as people make it to be. Demand and supply. TCG items are like gambling. You can spend literally hundreds to thousands of dollars and never see the tiger you're looking for. You can buy the card from ebay and it turns out that it was a scam and the code is already used you just didn't read the small print.

    Now compare that to the in game store where there is no gambling. You pay a fixed price. And you get the item.

    If you compare the in game store to CE boxes and TCG loot cards you're comparing apples to oranges. They are not the same. Only thing they have in common are real life money and a digital item. Yeah apples and oranges both grow in a tree.

    And I am not arguing if the CE or TCG items are good or bad for the game. I am simply saying that they are not 1:1 with the in game store.
    wow, did you major in economics? cause man you are so fucking smart.

    if an item appears once in every 100 packs
    and each pack costs 3$
    the item has a projected value of 300$
    of course it varies because other items appear, but then you also have to pay for the fact yo uare getting that specific item.

    get ahold of yourself

    also its fucking hilarious how you somehow make it out that gambling is better then just being able to right out buy the item.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, im trhe one whos saying its all bad, you are the one defending it because "hey you also got a phsyical thing worth 50 cents so that makes it fine"
    lol

    thats not what im saying
    im correccting what ur saying
    i didnt say anyhting about collectors being bad or good, all im talkig about are shops. you are the one that seeminlgy justifed the shop becasue of collectors items.

    collectors does not = shop

    but whatever the case, shop is bad thats it. if u agree that shop is bad, and it will ruin tbc and future of classic then we agree with eachother
    Last edited by lolmmofuture; 2021-03-23 at 03:13 PM.

  20. #100
    At this point I really don't care, as long as the game is shipped in a proper state. I'm still positively suprised that we're getting "pre nerf" - thats basically all I was hoping for, a stable 2.4.3 version with content being set to its more demanding state.

    I'm honestly suprised it hasn't been monetized more, and if a one time boost (let's not kid ourselves, sitting in a instance all day getting boosted aint any better) and a potential store mount is the cost of getting a high quality TBC option im fine with it.

    I just wish some of that extra generated revenue will go in to extra customer support.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •