• OK: 5-6

195 26.00%
  • Bad: 3-4

207 27.60%
  • Horrible: 1-2

108 14.40%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm half and half. It0s pretty clear to me how they had no clear idea of what direction they wanted to go with SL, Covid also hit and then they just wnt overboard with systems that are more an hindrance than something fun. Even legendaries are now crap because all the work you have put into them in 9.0 is wasted because of Domination gear.

However i love the art, the lore isn't that terrible and i'm finding myself wanting to play it over time (not right now because new patch is near and i did all i wanted to do). So there's some redemption, at least for me. But it may be due to the fact the new guild i'm in is just the right spot, at least for now.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. so in 9.1 if you DIDNT need to replace your shoulders, you would need to go buy a rank 5 shoulderpad, and then spend soul cinders to upgrade to rank 5.
    but if you did replace and swap to ring, instead you would... buy a rank 5 ring, and craft it using soul cinders...
    huh.
    almost like the ONLY thing that changes is you need some soul ash, which comes from everywhere.
    Ok, and what about the people who spend hundreds of thousands of gold, or hundreds of hours grinding, to level up their legendary to rank 4 that will now be unwanted? Wouldn't they have to re-start their grind from rank 1 if they wanted to craft it? (not to mention potentially being a different profession entirely, for those who are changing from a shoulderpad to a ring, for instance)

3. no wowhead is not correct, have you actually fucking looked at the benefit the shards give? its fucking pathetic, the only reason you get them is for the 3 set bonus, after that they are not worth the hassel.
    legit
    "oh hey 35 leech!"
    "Oh hey 3% increased damage to targets who have 50% less current HP then me!"
    "Oh hey, 1.5% damage to single target!"
    "oh hey 3% damage for a few seconds after hitting a new target!!!"
    If they're pathetic and meaningless, why not just allow slotting shards in legendaries and avoid the problem entirely?
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-06-24 at 07:50 AM.

Is it bad? No... just boring and uninspired.

In WoD i at least had a blast in raids. In SL i am actually annoyed just thinking about the raids....

It's fine. I don't get the hate for the new systems, they're not that bad.

What is bad, to me, is how bare a 17 year old game feels with content. There isn't really jack worth doing other then the launch dungeons, the 1 raid, and BG's we've gotten 2 of in the past 10 years. It's crazy.

The game feels like a shallow, lobby, dungeon/raid/pvp simulator.

I love how 9.1 reinforces what a good idea it was to quit SL almost immediately. Smugness here.

Four months without an active sub, feels great. If you get a strong gut feeling the game has gone bad, you should stop immediately, not waste time and money on a vain hope it will get better.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-06-24 at 09:09 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
    If you didn't get your COVID shot it's probably too late now, you fool.

"Missing out on shards of domination" yeah all that... 1.5% increased damage on single target... or 3% against enemies below 25% hp... totally...

- - - Updated - - -

1. so in 9.1 if you DIDNT need to replace your shoulders, you would need to go buy a rank 5 shoulderpad, and then spend soul cinders to upgrade to rank 5.
    but if you did replace and swap to ring, instead you would... buy a rank 5 ring, and craft it using soul cinders...
    huh.
    almost like the ONLY thing that changes is you need some soul ash, which comes from everywhere.

2. cause lets say right now, if you didnt need to replace your shoulders, but instead upgrade them it would cost you
    soul cinders- a rank 5 shoulders
    but lets say you need to swap to the ring instead, so what does it cost you INSTEAD
    soul cinders- rank 5 ring - soul ash
    the ONLY thing is soul ash, which is hilariously easy to get in 9.1. "recrafting your legendary" does not cost you any gold, it is literally just some soul ash.

3. no wowhead is not correct, have you actually fucking looked at the benefit the shards give? its fucking pathetic, the only reason you get them is for the 3 set bonus, after that they are not worth the hassel.
    legit
    "oh hey 35 leech!"
    "Oh hey 3% increased damage to targets who have 50% less current HP then me!"
    "Oh hey, 1.5% damage to single target!"
    "oh hey 3% damage for a few seconds after hitting a new target!!!"
    I wouldn't need to buy rank 5 shoulders. Period. I would have kept them as they are. Your entire post is wrong because it assumes everyone would be dumping hundreds of thousands gold to immediately buy max rank leggo. Whereas you can simply drop a piece of gear with socket on that slot while doing ex. normal/heroic raid on alts.

Wowhead is correct.

I don't even understand how one can defend this absolute garbage of the system, is this a Stockholm syndrome?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

With this expansion I have felt absolutely no desire to buy it. The setting, the features, the content. It's all just meh.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    15 years playing and defending the game.

Been hard core and casual.

This is the one that made me quit. I Will still log in to complete the main story.. but the game is simply not World of Warcraft anymore, not even close.
    Same dude, same. I scratched that good WoW itch during classic, and a little bit so far during TBC, but i did actually cancel my sub for the first time since vanilla. I have absolutely z-e-r-o faith in this current WoW team. I know hyperbole being what it is everyone thinks they could do better, but honest to god i COULD make a better WoW than these jokers are. It's not even half ass effort by the devs, it's barely 1/4 effort at this point.

the current d3 inspired WoW isn't for me, it seems built for people who don't like original WoW formula... forgetting that MOST of us did. Subs went up and up during vanilla-TBC... it wasn't until WOTLK that subs utterly flatlined and started falling after... and that's when Blizz changed the formula up, gave us wraith babies, LFD, and ever since then the game has devolved further and further from it's original MMORPG formula... not its just MMO ARPG. D3 wearing WoW's skin like an imposter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I love how 9.1 reinforces what a good idea it was to quit SL almost immediately. Smugness here.

Four months without an active sub, feels great. If you get a strong gut feeling the game has gone bad, you should stop immediately, not waste time and money on a vain hope it will get better.
    That's how it was for me. I knew SL was garbage for months but was having fun in classic and TBC... but all the same, i don't see myself playing retail or classic 6 months from now so i unsubbed and told them why.

It's a shame too, WoW will always be one of my favorite titles ever but i can't stand watching it get mutilated and perverted more and more each expac/patch.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I wouldn't need to buy rank 5 shoulders. Period. I would have kept them as they are. Your entire post is wrong because it assumes everyone would be dumping hundreds of thousands gold to immediately buy max rank leggo. Whereas you can simply drop a piece of gear with socket on that slot while doing ex. normal/heroic raid on alts.

Wowhead is correct.

I don't even understand how one can defend this absolute garbage of the system, is this a Stockholm syndrome?
    wait so you would have kept your rank 4 legendary? why? why wouldnt you go to rank 5 or 6?
    do you really fucking care about 1.5% damage but you at the same time dont care about a 30 ilvl upgrade?
    in what fucking world?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Ok, and what about the people who spend hundreds of thousands of gold, or hundreds of hours grinding, to level up their legendary to rank 4 that will now be unwanted? Wouldn't they have to re-start their grind from rank 1 if they wanted to craft it? (not to mention potentially being a different profession entirely, for those who are changing from a shoulderpad to a ring, for instance)

If they're pathetic and meaningless, why not just allow slotting shards in legendaries and avoid the problem entirely?
    proof you do not know how the legendary system works... you dont need to re-start from rank 1... you can literally just craft a rank 5 right away, or even rank 6.

you can craft a legendary at rank 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5, or 6.
    you can then upgrade it at any time from rank 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 to 6.
    or at any time from rank 2 to rank 3 or 4 or 5 or 6
    or from any time at rank 3 you can upgrade it to rank 4 or 5 or 6

so on so forth.
    you dont need to craft a rank 1... then upgrade it to rank 2... to upgrade it to rank 3... to upgrade it to rank 4... to upgrade it to rank 5... to upgrade it to rank 6...

you can literally just craft a rank 6 right out.

1/10 would not recomend. if i could have gotten the money back on teh digital deluxe edition i purchased i would have. i stay for the classic server at this point. and when the wrath server comes out that will be where my toons stay. i may advance one to pandaria wen it comes out becuase that was inda fun but as it stands not as much.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Somewhere between OK and Bad for me. I wouldn't consider any of the expansions Terrible though. WoD would likewise score OK/Bad.

wait so you would have kept your rank 4 legendary? why? why wouldnt you go to rank 5 or 6?
    do you really fucking care about 1.5% damage but you at the same time dont care about a 30 ilvl upgrade?
    in what fucking world?
    In every world on almost any alt.

30ilvl is nothing compared to not having legendary at all.

Not to mention it will be pretty expensive at the start of patch.

Also you dont seem to understand the problem, why would I have to even chose between spending 100k and using a new piece with damn socket and not using new piece that just dropped?

This does not make game better, it makes game worse.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

In every world on almost any alt.

30ilvl is nothing compared to not having legendary at all.

Not to mention it will be pretty expensive at the start of patch.

Also you dont seem to understand the problem, why would I have to even chose between spending 100k and using a new piece with damn socket and not using new piece that just dropped?

This does not make game better, it makes game worse.
    holy fuck i cant this is just... too dull.
    are you raiding on these alts? cause thats the only way to get the gear...
    and again if its between your legendary and the gem, the legendary is by far better.
    holy shit dude.

so lets get this together.

you have alts who you care enough about to raid on
    but dont care enough about to upgrade your legendaries with
    but you do care about enough that you NEED to have your BIS
    but not care enough about to simply alter your gear settup
    but do care enough about progression that 1.5% damage is a BIG DEAL to you?
    Nevermind the fact you aparently play these alts enough to get them mythic BIS, cause thats the only even somewhat comparable gear.
    so you care EXTREMLY about 1.5% increased damage, but at the same time do NOT care about 30 ilvl.

this is like screaming and crying about EVERYONE NEEDS TO USE CONSUMABLES, IF YOU ARNT YOU ARE HOLDING EVERYONE BACK, and you drop 8k a wipe on consumeables, but then you look at your gear and you dont have a single peice of gear enchanted, and your comeback is "i dont care about enchants"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-06-24 at 08:00 PM.

proof you do not know how the legendary system works...
    You really don't need to adopt that attitude simply because I might disagree with you. I know writing does not convey tone, but you don't need to always assume the worst. I tried to convey that I'm not sure how it's working, since I haven't really kept up with the 9.1 news.

you can literally just craft a rank 6 right out.
    Can you, though? I'm not talking about crafting the legendary itself, I'm talking about crafting the base item with professions. In 9.0 you had to craft multiple Rank 1 items in order to learn how to craft Rank 2, and then even more to learn Rank 3, and even more for Rank 4.

So if for example you grinded the shoulders recipe to Rank 4 in 9.0, and now you wanted to change your legendary to boots (by crafting your own base item), you would have to grind the boots recipe to Rank 4 from the start. Or is there some "rank recipe catchup mechanism" coming with the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    You really don't need to adopt that attitude simply because I might disagree with you. I know writing does not convey tone, but you don't need to always assume the worst. I tried to convey that I'm not sure how it's working, since I haven't really kept up with the 9.1 news.

Can you, though? I'm not talking about crafting the legendary itself, I'm talking about crafting the base item with professions. In 9.0 you had to craft multiple Rank 1 items in order to learn how to craft Rank 2, and then even more to learn Rank 3, and even more for Rank 4.

So if for example you grinded the shoulders recipe to Rank 4 in 9.0, and now you wanted to change your legendary to boots (by crafting your own base item), you would have to grind the boots recipe to Rank 4 from the start. Or is there some "rank recipe catchup mechanism" coming with the patch?
    Buy them on AH, or get the materials and get someone to craft it for you.
    Oh also there is no new ranks, its just a current recipe with optional reagent of the new crafting materials.
    you can even do it with rank 1, so yes, there is a catchup, you can have rank 1 boots unlocked, and craft rank 5 or 6 boots as you wish.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-06-24 at 08:05 PM.

holy fuck i cant this is just... too dull.
    are you raiding on these alts? cause thats the only way to get the gear...
    and again if its between your legendary and the gem, the legendary is by far better.
    holy shit dude.

so lets get this together.
    Why would i have to chose to begin with?
    BECAUSE its a garbage game design. Period.

Yes leggo is better than gem, nobody said otherwise, that is not the point, but then I miss the gem which is suppose to be new feature.
    To overcome that I have to hand out 100k of gold to unlock a fucking talent that I had unlocked before.

Because thats what orange craftable gear really is, a talent that costs time and money.

If you don't see a problem here then this is truly a Stockholm syndrome
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Why would i have to chose to begin with?
    BECAUSE its a garbage game design. Period.

Yes leggo is better than gem, nobody said otherwise, that is not the point, but then I miss the gem which is suppose to be new feature.
    To overcome that I have to hand out 100k of gold to unlock a fucking talent that I had unlocked before.

Because thats what orange craftable gear really is, a talent that costs time and money.

If you don't see a problem here then this is truly a Stockholm syndrome
    you dont miss the gem, there is 5 slots, you only need 3 for the full benefit.
    after that the extra 2 slots are just a PATHETICALLY low bonus, like legit, are you really mad over max 1.5% increased damage?

Good stuff:
    1) Simpler itemization, with targetable BiS items, no more TF or corruption bullshit
    2) Castle Nathria is actually pretty cool, especially a few bosses - but on HC mode. Mythic gets tedious veeery quickly.
    3) Abomination Factory or whatever it's called is funny

Bad stuff:
    1) Covenants simply do not work - due to shit balance (in most cases) you are pretty much unable to both pick covenant well and with the theme you wanna go with, unless you care so little about performance that you'd be doing dungeons without weapons equipped.
    2) Questing is some of the worst ever - you can compare SL leveling to any other easily thanks to the timewalking leveling. Going into SL content at 50 is the worst.
    3) The world is crap - at first I was kind of indifferent towards it, but after several expansions with new, interesting landmasses, disjointed "islands" feel totally disconnected from "Warcraft" feel. Oribos sucks ass too.
    4) I absolutely detest Maw.
    5) Lore is complete bullshit, and feels like something straight from Final Fantasy games. Legion had a simple swashbuckling story of a group of badasses kicking the ass of a bunch of space demons, ending with a titan stabbing a fucking planet like he's in Asura's Wrath. Going from that to sad, misunderstood souls, OG characters sitting around doing nothing and grand plans of "I HAVE TO KILL EVERYONE BECAUSE I WANT TO SAVE YOU ALL" bullshit is a bit of a step back for me.

Still better than BfA (maybe?), at least no Azerite Armor. I miss Zuldazar tho, Donut City just doesn't work for me.

Edit: fuck it, let's put a number on that. If WoD during Selfie Patch is 1/10, and WotLK during Ulduar is 10/10, SL is kind of 5/10.

you dont miss the gem, there is 5 slots, you only need 3 for the full benefit.
    after that the extra 2 slots are just a PATHETICALLY low bonus, like legit, are you really mad over max 1.5% increased damage?
    Is this a joke dude?

1.5% is equivalent of ~+20 ilvl upgrade in old notation (pre-sl, cba to calc that in new one)

Am I going to be mad that i miss not only massive upgrade in item level AND miss a socket that may be my 3rd "set" (since gear is scarce)?
    Or pay 100k upfront to "unlock" that?

Fuck yes I would be.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV