View Poll Results: Rate Shadowlands

Voters
685. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent: 9-10

    50 7.30%
  • Good: 7-8

    175 25.55%
  • OK: 5-6

    181 26.42%
  • Bad: 3-4

    187 27.30%
  • Horrible: 1-2

    92 13.43%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Its okay to me, better than WoD or BFA but worse than Legion.

  2. #22
    The game fails to make me care about getting good gear and keep wanting better gear. Therefore it gets boring real quick. It's been like that for a long time but this time, I was hoping the PvP gearing would at least make doing PvP fun.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    The game fails to make me care about getting good gear and keep wanting better gear. Therefore it gets boring real quick. It's been like that for a long time but this time, I was hoping the PvP gearing would at least make doing PvP fun.
    Feels like the treadmill have ground to a halt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Any sane person would see your a moron.

  4. #24
    Considered it a solid 7-8/10 at launch, but now it's down to 5/10 after a few months. I quit in January when I realized that Blizzard was putting in absolutely 0 effort to balance the game they released just a couple of months prior. The expansion was solid at launch. They just didn't bother to do anything afterwards.

  5. #25
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,266
    So far, SL has done a few things better than BfA:
    • No WF/TF/Corruptions.
    • AP grind is remarkably softer.
    • Chromie time.

    However, it falls flat on its face even when compared to the travesty that was BfA:

    • The story is a complete !@#$show, even moreso than BfA. It really reads as some fanfiction written by a 13 yo, and not a particularly talented one, while we're at it. In BfA I could somewhat relate to at least a handful of characters: Sadfang, Zellig, Jaina, even Flynn (and I was thoroughly disappointed with all of them, but anyway...). But I can't give a single !@#$ about any of the characters of SL, I frankly don't care what they do or what will happen to them.
    • Class design is as stale and stagnant as it was in BfA. No, just adding Frostbolt back to my mage wasn't what I expected when they first mentioned "unpruning".
    • Dungeons are terrible. For all of BfA's flaws, it had superb dungeons: Freehold, Waycrest Manor, Shrine (obnoxious as it was), Underrot. SL dungeons are completely forgettable, whether it's music, visuals, story, bosses or memorable trash mobs (like those leaping skeletal dinos in King's Rest). I can only remember Stradama among all the bosses, and that's because she was hilariously overtuned at launch. Loot is underpowered and practically non-existant, aside from the OP vault. Seriously, HC lvl gear (or close enough) for completing a +5? LOL
    • Raid is meh. I'm really not a fan about adding more and more mechanics to every !@#$ing raid boss, and I'm especially not a fan of 1-shot mechanics or its "someone screws up once and wipes the entire raid" cousin.
    • Zones are small, brimming with mobs, and generally a pain to navigate on foot. Not that there is a lot of reason to go into the open world, seeing as how WQ rewards are unmitigated trash. Long, tedious, repetitive, few in number. If I'm not mistaken, Stormheim alone in Legion had as many world quests as all 4 covenant zones of SL put together. Also flight paths blow donkey balls in SL.
    • Maw and Torghast. Pure, unmitigated diarrhea. You can more or less ignore the former, but you have to run the latter in order to acquire and upgrade your leggos. Was it THAT hard to make Soul Ash drop everywhere in SL, and fill Torghast with mounts, xmogs, or otherwise purely cosmetic stuff?

    All of this was readily evident after a couple of weeks at 60, so I've voted "bad" in both polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  6. #26
    Somewhere between OK & good. Right now, I'd say it's an expansion with a lot of promise rather than anything else. The lack of power grind is something I'm truly thankful for, as playing alts/other games is great. Many specs are also in a better place than they were in BfA, but that's not really saying much. PvP actually giving relevant rewards is awesome, & doing RBGs with guildies/friends is fun.

    That said, Castle Nathria is a bang average raid. Council Mythic might be the worst boss I've ever done, & there's way too many overlaps where you're punished for overperforming on multiple bosses throughout the raid (Xymox/SLG Mythic stick out the most).

    If the next tier is fantastic & class improvements are made, then I'll probably nudge it up to an 8/10, with it potentially going even higher if it backs it up with another great tier. If the next tier is a flop, it's just going to be another "it could've been great" expansion to me.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Old thread:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...te-Shadowlands

    I've noticed that some people expressed a change in attitude towards the expansion in the previous thread from back in december so I was curious about the results a few months later. Here's a new thread with a fresh poll for the sake of comparison.

    Feel free break down your rating of the expansion in further detail. Personally, I'd have to abstain since I didn't buy the expansion yet and don't currently plan on doing so.
    I am basically not logging in at all anymore after such a short time. Happened with no other Expansion before. Don't see many positive things atm, at least it doesnt have horrific visions

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Somewhere between OK & good. Right now, I'd say it's an expansion with a lot of promise rather than anything else. The lack of power grind is something I'm truly thankful for, as playing alts/other games is great. Many specs are also in a better place than they were in BfA, but that's not really saying much. PvP actually giving relevant rewards is awesome, & doing RBGs with guildies/friends is fun.

    That said, Castle Nathria is a bang average raid. Council Mythic might be the worst boss I've ever done, & there's way too many overlaps where you're punished for overperforming on multiple bosses throughout the raid (Xymox/SLG Mythic stick out the most).

    If the next tier is fantastic & class improvements are made, then I'll probably nudge it up to an 8/10, with it potentially going even higher if it backs it up with another great tier. If the next tier is a flop, it's just going to be another "it could've been great" expansion to me.
    "This expansion is great because I can play other games" is always something very strange to hear for me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    So far, SL has done a few things better than BfA:
    • No WF/TF/Corruptions.
    • AP grind is remarkably softer.
    • Chromie time.

    However, it falls flat on its face even when compared to the travesty that was BfA:

    • The story is a complete !@#$show, even moreso than BfA. It really reads as some fanfiction written by a 13 yo, and not a particularly talented one, while we're at it. In BfA I could somewhat relate to at least a handful of characters: Sadfang, Zellig, Jaina, even Flynn (and I was thoroughly disappointed with all of them, but anyway...). But I can't give a single !@#$ about any of the characters of SL, I frankly don't care what they do or what will happen to them.
    • Class design is as stale and stagnant as it was in BfA. No, just adding Frostbolt back to my mage wasn't what I expected when they first mentioned "unpruning".
    • Dungeons are terrible. For all of BfA's flaws, it had superb dungeons: Freehold, Waycrest Manor, Shrine (obnoxious as it was), Underrot. SL dungeons are completely forgettable, whether it's music, visuals, story, bosses or memorable trash mobs (like those leaping skeletal dinos in King's Rest). I can only remember Stradama among all the bosses, and that's because she was hilariously overtuned at launch. Loot is underpowered and practically non-existant, aside from the OP vault. Seriously, HC lvl gear (or close enough) for completing a +5? LOL
    • Raid is meh. I'm really not a fan about adding more and more mechanics to every !@#$ing raid boss, and I'm especially not a fan of 1-shot mechanics or its "someone screws up once and wipes the entire raid" cousin.
    • Zones are small, brimming with mobs, and generally a pain to navigate on foot. Not that there is a lot of reason to go into the open world, seeing as how WQ rewards are unmitigated trash. Long, tedious, repetitive, few in number. If I'm not mistaken, Stormheim alone in Legion had as many world quests as all 4 covenant zones of SL put together. Also flight paths blow donkey balls in SL.
    • Maw and Torghast. Pure, unmitigated diarrhea. You can more or less ignore the former, but you have to run the latter in order to acquire and upgrade your leggos. Was it THAT hard to make Soul Ash drop everywhere in SL, and fill Torghast with mounts, xmogs, or otherwise purely cosmetic stuff?

    All of this was readily evident after a couple of weeks at 60, so I've voted "bad" in both polls.
    If you fill Torghast with cosmetics only you have just obe part of content more that nobody does. Character progression is king and content that does not provide that rarely gets played, as you can see currently in Shadowlands were most players have already unsubbed.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    "This expansion is great because I can play other games" is always something very strange to hear for me.
    As someone with a very diverse interest in gaming (Sims, FPS, fighting games, and MMOs) I understand their viewpoint. I don't want WoW to ever be my ONLY game, like it tried to be in Legion/BfA. If I have enough character progression to do every day to fill my entire gaming schedule, then the game feels like a chore to play. I'm not playing because I want to, I'm playing because I have to.

    The implications of the statement though makes it seem like there's nothing to do... which I understand. It's much more like we want lots of stuff we could do, like Cloudserpent rep or farming cool mogs, and not that much we have to do, like grinding AP.

    It's a very tricky balance to strike though.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    "This expansion is great because I can play other games" is always something very strange to hear for me.
    When the alternative is clearing the world map of world quests, then yes All of WoW's systems exist on a scale, & during BfA, the amount of shit that was expected that I didn't enjoy (WQs/Islands/Azerite) outweighed the stuff I did enjoy (actual MMO content like raids/dungeons), so I quit for 18~ months. In Shadowlands, the raid might be underwhelming, but the expected grind is so minimal in comparison that I vastly prefer it.

    Less shitty grind & more great raids/dungeons = a great expansion for me. Shadowlands does the former, but is yet to do the latter.

    Like I said, it's not just other games, but alts as well. So many people in my guild are playing alts at the moment because Shadowlands affords them the time to do so without feeling remorseful about leaving power behind.

  10. #30
    Bloodsail Admiral Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    1,014
    I think what made me stop my sub was that the slow drop feed of Anima and everything needing the damn currency, really made it feel like a slog, especially for me as a transmog and mount collector. Each piece cost so much but it takes forever to farm for it and the WQ variety is next to nil, almost as bad as BfA.
    I also find the no tier sets lacking and the stupid flight paths doesn't help a lot either.

    The expansion HAS good stuff. Music is great, some zones are great, there are secrets to find, mounts to collect, etc, but currently it it's not enough to keep me subbed.
    If they fix the Anima issue and the patch with flying then maybe.

    Visuals, things to do: 8/10
    Currency systems 5/10

    So 7/10?

  11. #31
    Thread full of outright lies, subjective opinions, personal gripes, bad feedback and arguments made in bad faith by the usual posters, who couldn't w8 to get yet another thread to wank off each others regurgitated posts.

    My personal favourite lie is about zones being small and ''brimmed'' with mobs and the FP thing, my god it's hillarious. SL zones are extremely easy to navigate and get around if you did 3 runs in each with some brain.

    I gave it a effkin 8, since i can appreciate the effort gone into this expansion (not having a personal beef with the company helped with that), but by all means keep complaining.

    Biggest gripe with SL, as with BfA are you people. This forum has long been a misery, but for my own sake, time to hit the door. No healthy discussion can be found here.

  12. #32
    Definitely not as invested nor hyped as I was during BfA and Legion. Both of these gave you much more incentive to log in daily and to do daily grinds etc. SL has much much less of that in comparison. I'm still playing actively every day but that's mostly cause I'm a collector that wants to get as close to everything as possible. The motivation is way lower though. The worst part about SL is that 99% of collectibles are behind the same currency (anima) that you mostly get from world quests + some weekly bonus objectives. This basically means that completionist content of SL is mostly based around doing world quests every day, on multiple alts, which gets pretty tedious.

    I voted "good". My top expacs would be 1. BfA, 2. Wrath, 3. Legion, 4. SL

    Aalso played Cata and Mop as current. Cata was overcomplicated and made me quit, MoP still had no content for solo player and I also left due to personal stuff.

    PS. 8.2 - Mechagon and Nazjatar was the best patch in the history of WoW. Don't even try to argue.

  13. #33
    minus 10. First expansion that i actually completely lack any desire to play. Just like pencil eraser completely nullifying any passion, just the slight smudge remains on paper.
    BfA > Wotlk > Cata > ... > WoD ~ TBC > Vanilla > ................ ? .............. > Legion > ... > Eating Dust > .... > SL
    You said corruption was great system. Can't find it and proceeds to lie again.
    Legendaries were such a great system I had them all before blizz lifted softcap

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    PS. 8.2 - Mechagon and Nazjatar was the best patch in the history of WoW. Don't even try to argue.
    Strong contender for 6.1 “Garrisons Update” for sure.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  15. #35
    I'll give it a 7.5/10 - It's losing steam and they are dropping the ball on what is a potentially great expansion. But I'm enjoying it so far, I'd definitely give a lot to have one of my Warrior specs have some sort of single target dps though. It really sucks that my damage has to be so massively based around either execute or bladestorm, and to where doing competitive damage is only possible on high-uptime cleave/aoe.

    I watched a video of us killing Blast Furnace in WOD last night and seeing how good the class was in all scenarios but without being overpowered, and then seeing how limp both specs are in SL today unless under perfect conditions, it's annoying.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  16. #36
    its ok for me not good not bad.

    Of course there is a huge lack of content as none of the big content patches are out yet.

    In that regard i focused on class design and something was done, like shadow priest overhaul while i think warlock in particular affliction was done worse, despite high raid dps.

    And stuff like demology just underwhelming.

    Merely just plaything those 2 classes but i could easily imagine thats a cultprint for the entire SL class design, like paladin probably great, but dk underwhelming again talking class design and gameplay not numbers.

    at this point i think blizz needs more creative class design developers, for reference look at MoP. Best class design expansion by far. I would like to see abilities like symbiosis and blood fear again.

    Since BfA didn't change much in terms of class design coming from legion and there are no new classes in either BfA nor SL, i wonder if the current dev team is really lazy?

    Started to play other game just because of this - its boring.

  17. #37
    Elemental Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    No healthy discussion can be found here.
    Especially with posts like yours. But by all means do go away, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I watched a video of us killing Blast Furnace in WOD last night and seeing how good the class was in all scenarios but without being overpowered, and then seeing how limp both specs are in SL today unless under perfect conditions, it's annoying.
    Now this is odd, since I didn't play warrior during WoD, but everyone and their grandma were saying that Arms sucked big time back then
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As for the "hone your skills" argument that some are tossing around, fuck that. Most people want to have fun. They're not logging onto WoW, the video game, as a self-improvement project. That's a ridiculous notion and goes right along with the idea that the game is "work." If it's not 'play' then you're doing it wrong. Sadly this is a concept that the devs seem to have lost sight of in their quest to keep anyone and everyone busy.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Especially with posts like yours. But by all means do go away, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Now this is odd, since I didn't play warrior during WoD, but everyone and their grandma were saying that Arms sucked big time back then
    Arms sucked at launch, then it got massively buffed to where it was broken overpowered, then it got nerfed back down to normality but it was amazing in Blackrock Foundry. Only fight Warrior kinda sucked at was Blackhand himself, both Arms/Fury were competitive in T17. Then in T18 Arms was busted overpowered in general with the set bonus + Archimonde trinket for a while. Got nerfed but was still really strong for progression capable of topping meters on singletarget + multitarget.

    Later in t18 it did kinda scale off as other classes blew through the roof with the legendary ring (like Mages, Warlocks, Sub Rogues). In the speedkill era of T18 towards end of expansion with fully upgraded ring + valor ilvl upgrades Warrior did get majorly outscaled and wasn't as good over shorter fights, but it was still amazing if your guild was still progressing, and still incredible on AOE/Cleave.

    WOD was amazing for DPS Warriors, hell even Gladiator did competitive dps (though it sucked for progression, lack of utility + execute dps)



    Highmaul after the buff and the following nerf.



    Earlier in T18 before things got out of hand with scaling + legendary ring.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2021-03-24 at 03:26 AM.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  19. #39
    i give it a 3-4. hate the WQ, hate torgast, hate the Maw, hate M+.

    made me actually enjoy classic though.

  20. #40
    Good last vote.
    Good this vote.

    Not nearly as good as Legion and TBC, but an imaginary number times as good as the garbage shit named BfA.

    Love the raid, dungeons are good, classes feel better again after the misery in BfA, cosmetics are great. Big minus for the Maw(still friendly Ven'ari lol) and Torghast disappointing. Other than that I am enjoying SL. Covenants are great.

    I have incentives to do content again in SL, which BfA lacked in every corner of the game. SL is the real sequel to Legion, but nothing in future WoW can be as good as Legion was unfortunately. But they try now at least, in BfA they tried to ride the buzz from Legion but failed miserably.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Strong contender for 6.1 “Garrisons Update” for sure.
    Lol'd.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2021-03-24 at 03:55 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •