Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good back then. Good now.
    If you don't like raids or pvp or mythic plus then why even play the game?
    Mythic plus is fine. The raid is fine. PvP is as always.

The great vault should be more balanced. Higher rewards for heroic raid. 213 is an insult.

PvP gave way too good gear. And there is still not a single person in the top 100 mythic plus or raid that is not pvp geared.

You give an easy upgrade system like in pvp, either too ALL content or to none.
    Dunno why everyone who wants to raid mythic or do high lvl mythic plus needs pvp gear now.

I look at the mythic plus ladder and everyone has pvp gear and some mythic raid end boss loot. What the actual f.
    You should be top mythic plus with mythic plus gear, not pvp gear.

It should be like this. All gear upgradeable to 220.
    Great vault 226 for all content. That way mythic raid would still be profitable and everyone who does no mythic raid gets one piece a week.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-03-24 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    If you don't like raids or pvp or mythic plus then why even play the game?
    EXACTLY! thats why wow was so successful from day 1 - the pvp and M+............/s
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

It’s all around solid. Probably more than WoW has ever been. In almost every way.

Just feels like it’s missing something and needs more to do...

The game needs more than the trio of PvP, raid, dungeon.

A creative component like transmog design or housing would do wonders.

OK at best. It has a pretty hard finish line if you play semi regularly and don't really care about alts.

I honestly miss Titanforging because at least it gave you something to continue progressing towards even if it was ilvl for the sake of ilvl. Now I'm essentially as high of ilvl as I'm ever going to be and I've maxed renown. Covenants offer no meaningful form of progression, world quests are largely pointless and Torghast also has no meaningful rewards (even twisting corridors which was about a week of fun if that). So I guess I just quit and wait for 9.1 (although at this point, I'm probably skipping this patch due to another game I like getting a pretty substantial update)
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2021-03-24 at 04:48 AM.

Its ok, not good but not bad either.
    I quit already, like everyone else here lol
    Ions team just can not get it together, blizzard should have replaced the entire design team a long time ago

10+ Year Old Account
    went from okay to bad. I got my 4 for-covenant 60s leveled with 2 at 40 renown and the other 2 at ~30 just waiting for weeklies and callings that offer renown. I would like to be leveling my ~15 lvl50+ alts but slow ass travel makes that a non-starter or running legion raids for transmog but the level squish/ goal-post moving makes that a non-starter. in every expansion since at least WoD I'd be unsubbed by now but I bit the bullet on the 6-month ox mount figuring I could try and find just enough to do to make it worthwhile but I'm struggling.

Fastest I've quit any one single expansion, and I've played every one of them. I enjoyed the raiding, all the dungeons, Torghast was a bore but better than most side-content equivalents of past expansions, The Maw was actually super enjoyable but I absolutely dislike how they're going to make you grind mindless daily bullshit after you achieved those rewards... for the same rewards in the next patch. World quests take far too long for the pathetic rewards. I think the single biggest contributing factor for me quitting was how unrewarding raiding was, and how it felt like the game devolved into "Log in each week to see what you get from your weekly slot machine" I don't know, the problems I have with the vault go much deeper than that, but it's why I lost my drive to do Mythic raiding/M+ and quit. Didn't help that Hunters fell off a cliff, either.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Bad. Just a little bit better, than BFA, that was horrible. BFA had 0 casual content. SL has just two weeks of such content, that would be worth just several hours of play time without extreme time/RNG-gating.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Between Bad and OK... got no motivation to play it atm, more so after burning myself out trying to get Anima for all the structure upgrades and collectables...

People that say it's because of the "drought" can stfu frankly... As a collector it is the most tedious thing I have ever experienced... and Blizzard expects you to do all 4 covenants? Was plenty of effort doing two characters, one for each faction, as it was already...

All I'm doing currently is doing 1 raid night and daily logging in doing the mission table.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-03-24 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too early to know for sure. What's out there now is a solid middle-of-the-road rating. Not terrible, not great. Some interesting stuff, a lot that isn't (to me). Once again, like BFA, I have no real interest in where they are taking the story. It's convoluted, sometimes nonsensical (for no good reason) and just not appealing (again, to me).

It may well be that I'm more or less immune to whatever charm the game once had. What I see is a bunch of varying systems that together are less than the sum of the parts. It's a theme park where I am no longer interested in a lot of the rides. I'm still playing for an hour or so every week but spending time doing other things, other games.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Shadowlands is so weird. I don't want to rate because truthfully I didn't even really play the expansion more than a few days, but ratings are all over the place. It's not like BfA where most people seemed to agree the expansion was a wash.

I guess I could rate based on my limited play but it feels unfair to the expansion, since honestly nothing really grabbed me enough to give a proper shake this time around. I guess in a way that could be its own rating?

These threads make no sense cause the wow community is too dumb to be objective xd they compare Legion last patch (legion first patch was terrible) to current Shadowlands and stuff like that, the stupidity level is just its own tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Too early to know for sure.
    This right here, people like MonaLisa is what we need, sadly its the minority.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be excellent, but I lost interest because PVP was unbalanced and raiding + dungeons were unrewarding, or then I was just unlucky.

Still, probably the best expansion after Wrath.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Unsubbed recently so... Bad. Gear requestion is complete ass unless you want to spend all your time doing repetitive m+ clears which honestly is not how I want to spend my free time.

Also all the secondary exp systems sucks, all anima stuff is pointless and choreghast is a roguelike without the things that makes roguelikes fun.

I could go on but ye 3/10 and I think I might be gone for good this time.

5.5 Just wish blizzard never brought the legendary system back at all and Torghast just be cosmetics, mounts, toy. Worst legendary system they made and they bring it back cause they know full well WoD sucked balls and BFA was clusterfuck of bad ideas so they tried for the only expansion that was good.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Too early to know for sure. What's out there now is a solid middle-of-the-road rating. Not terrible, not great. Some interesting stuff, a lot that isn't (to me). Once again, like BFA, I have no real interest in where they are taking the story. It's convoluted, sometimes nonsensical (for no good reason) and just not appealing (again, to me).

It may well be that I'm more or less immune to whatever charm the game once had. What I see is a bunch of varying systems that together are less than the sum of the parts. It's a theme park where I am no longer interested in a lot of the rides. I'm still playing for an hour or so every week but spending time doing other things, other games.
    Its just not the same anymore, the feeling WoW gave me. But thats the feels, charm and all that. The issue lies within the same thing. It IS the same, so the novelty has fallen off for many.

Legion was a revitilizing expansion for the game. Wether people liked it or not, it brought in new things like out of gear progression, mythic plus, new daily quest design, solo challenge modes, some sort of housing and more out of raid/pvp content.

And then it said stop. BfA just did the same, and SL as well though Covenants are refreshing(to me)

It is 5 years now with the same. And I think WoW would do with a make over. Again. Removing faction barriers for character creations would be one effectful change which would give buzz. More focus on small team (3-6 players) challenges with actual rewards. More in game events like tournaments with competetive rewards. Make the story more flowing with making events in between patches to keep the story more consistent.

Yes, my examples seems familiar. But I think having only patches with the good old stuff and nothing in between isn't enough anymore.

Saying all this, I enjoy Shadowlands. Covenants and raid is enough for me. I got other games that I enjoy. But for WoW to make me play as much as I did with Legion, then they need to shake things up.

3+ Year Old Account
    A strong 8 for me. The only thing i don't like is the content drought, but it makes me quit the game for a while which is imo good for the game because when i come back for next patch i won't be burnt out at all. I rly enjoy shadowlands.

Probably one of the best expansions ever released.

Anything pre-legion is already out due to no m+ and basically playing 2 hours/per week is trash.

Always have something i WANT to do (m+/raids) without the garbage that was ap/tf.

Character is sitting at 226 only needing a few side grades and i can log in whenever to whatever I want.

I don't need daddy blizz holding my hand telling me what to do like some people here that need mandatory shit to feel like their game time isn't wasted.

*this is all pre 9.1 though and i hope blizzard doesn't fuck it up with corruption/essence garbage. More renown new maw currency ez game.*

Voted good. I can finally avoid doing mandatory things that I don’t like and concentrate almost only in doing what I do like (M+ dungeons).

Weekly activities I still feel “mandatory” (the two covenant weekly quests plus a couple of Ve’nari quests plus world boss plus 250 anima WQ plus some fast callings here and there) take only 1 to 2 hours total and not having to care about reputations anymore is just a huge plus.

It's higher part of ok, or lower good. And I blame Legion for that.
    Legion ruined WoW expectations for me.