Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's for sure better than BFA, not even close to how bad BFA was in fact. I would probably give it a 7.5-8/10 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I mean, they perfectly executed their vision for the zone. Absolutely nailed what they were going for.

Unfortunately, they forgot that this is a video game and is supposed to be fun somewhere along the way.

It's like walking into a classroom and delivering the most insightful speech on the lasting consequences of the Vietnam War... to a kindergarten class. And then being flustered when they don't applaud.
    Lol, solid analogy. They were prolly high fiving over their so realistic interpretation of a hell, without realizing that most people don't actually wanna like, be in hell....

It's amazing how fast the expansion dropped in popularity. That tells me that new zones and questing content will make people excited, but new systems not so much.

Worst expansion yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    It's amazing how fast the expansion dropped in popularity. That tells me that new zones and questing content will make people excited, but new systems not so much.
    The systems of retail WoW are absolutely horrible. It's a "raid or die" game (unless you PvP). WoW used to appeal to people who had different interests, but since Ion's posse took over in MoP the game slowly stopped catering to everyone and now only caters to raiders (and PvPers). If you're not willing to put up with the chores to do raiding, then the only thing a new expansion has going for it is the 10 hours of questing content, and that's it.

Currently it's sliding away from average for me because gearing up above ilvl200 on alts is a nightmare. Especially getting weapons. It's almost hopeless.
    Just in general aiming for a specific piece of gear is a nightmare. There is no control, just more spins of the slot. With lower drop rates it becomes especially frustrating. Even with valour, upgrade prices are so ludicrous on weapons you are better off farming dozens of the same mythic+ in the hopes of getting the one you need. Truly a waste of time.
    For an expansion that touted being alt friendly, it's anything but.

I have kind of given up on alts and am just playing FFXIV instead. :x
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-05-08 at 02:23 AM.

9.1 taking so long has killed the expansion for me. Was a lot of fun at first but this content drought has been horrible.

Well.. although I gave it an 'ok' rating, I went from pre-purchased-six months subexcited to spending most of my time doing mission table, only played 1 char this time around, not a single mythic dungeon played and just let my sub expire a few days ago.

Can't say it's a bad x-pac, not as bad as bfa was, but this is the one that finally ended my WoW addiction. Just think of it as the last nail in my casual (full time job and a toddler including family) coffin.

No whistle, long FP, grindy WQ (unlike legion kill dude x, it became kill x dudes), no mounts in maw, no flying, bad terrain, complexed M+ system you have to learn and master before you even set foot in it (prideful routes), too small bag space, or even quest log, legacy raids takes longer even at 206 gear...

It all adds up and I just had enough of it. Blizz used to be stealthy about grabbing my free time, this time it was clear from day -1 all they care about is my /played and not how I can make the most enjoyment from the little to no time I have. (mainly FP, moving between zones, whistle, maw mounting).

No more /played for me next quarter

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The systems of retail WoW are absolutely horrible. It's a "raid or die" game (unless you PvP). WoW used to appeal to people who had different interests, but since Ion's posse took over in MoP the game slowly stopped catering to everyone and now only caters to raiders (and PvPers). If you're not willing to put up with the chores to do raiding, then the only thing a new expansion has going for it is the 10 hours of questing content, and that's it.
    What are you talking about? Raid or die? Raiding participation has dropped drastically. Since BFA and now SLs. Raiding is endgame content, they need players to have replayability in endgame content. I personally disliked not having any unique rewards from raiding. I personally enjoy LFR, I enjoy big group activities. I am supportive of them adding unique items back to raiding.

Mythic keys have gotten all the perks. That content literally had a new system dedicated to it last patch. Was there any other new content added that I am not aware of?

I also loved doing mog runs for old raids for these unique items for many years. (replayability) I am not the only player that feels this way.. as there was never a shortage of finding mog raid groups.

Tbh I thought Legion did this very well. They had raid items in mythic key runs from what I remember. I didn't see any harm in that. I didn't play Castle Nathria that much, due to not being much in there for rewards. (For my taste) Which I thought it was not bad of a raid, but if it has nothing to offer.. why spend the additional time there? Compared to let's say Antorus the burning throne. I want raiding to make a come back.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-05-08 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    better than wod, far worse than Legion about on par with BFA. Legion implemented the best form of alternate advancement this game has seen and they've slowly butchered it and no ion hazikostas people didn't just love it beause it was new. Every subsequent iteration wasn't as fleshed out or was purposely neutered so butt hurt raid cucks wouldn't feel forced to participate in other content.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2021-05-08 at 04:20 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had fun in the game since Warlords of Draenor.. Decided to give Shadowlands a shot but I should have trusted my gut.. This is the worst expansion Blizzard has ever made. I likely will play until my sub runs out but after that i'll be done. No reason to stay around and pay for a game that no longer captures my imagination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    It's for sure better than BFA, not even close to how bad BFA was in fact. I would probably give it a 7.5-8/10 so far.
    In what way is it better than Battle for Azeroth?

There's still some more patches to go, so it's hard to really say how it'll measure up to other expacs.

Not a good start, but I thought the same about BFA. Somehow the bad parts of the two neighboring expansions are different in their own way, and it's not easy for me weigh which one's worse. BFA's faction war was anti-excitement for me and the necklace was a letdown.

With SL, the story is slightly more interesting and yet still disappointing for being a so-so follow up of the Lich King lore. The covenants are not much better than the necklace. And then they made the WQs worse so I can't really enjoy going out in the world doing them. Torghast is decent fun compared to Islands/Warfronts but the rewards are much more limited.

I'm willing to give 9.1 a shot to see if things improve.

With all these new systems, milion of new currencies, everything they added is a braindead grindfest so I rate it a 6. IF I ignore this cr*p, then its a solid 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    In what way is it better than Battle for Azeroth?
    the end game is way better? like, you don't have to spend 3-4 hours doing quest chains after you hit max level just to have access to the end game content? unlike BFA where you had to do that with every character? also no pain in the ass legendary item that you have to do certain content in order to max your output. and after you go though the story once you literally never have to do it again on your other characters? you can go right to doing dallies and side content to level and get rep with your covenant.

worst expac to date, it's just not rewarding to play unless you are a M+ or raider... gearing sucks, dailies are not rewarding, and somehow 9.1 seems to be making torgh worse
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

the end game is way better? like, you don't have to spend 3-4 hours doing quest chains after you hit max level just to have access to the end game content? unlike BFA where you had to do that with every character? also no pain in the ass legendary item that you have to do certain content in order to max your output. and after you go though the story once you literally never have to do it again on your other characters? you can go right to doing dallies and side content to level and get rep with your covenant.
    3-4 hours? Wow, that's unfathomable. How they could expect someone to put time into something is beyond me. What could they have been thinking? I mean, you should be able to what you can do in real life - go to school for two days and get a diploma, or go to work for three hours and retire a millionaire. How dare they expect someone to give up... What? An evening's play to get what they want! The outrage! This cannot stand!

Meanwhile, we now have one of the most pointless and boring expansions forced upon a playing community. And we're stuck with it for a lot more than three or four hours.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    3-4 hours? Wow, that's unfathomable. How they could expect someone to put time into something is beyond me. What could they have been thinking? I mean, you should be able to what you can do in real life - go to school for two days and get a diploma, or go to work for three hours and retire a millionaire. How dare they expect someone to give up... What? An evening's play to get what they want! The outrage! This cannot stand!

Meanwhile, we now have one of the most pointless and boring expansions forced upon a playing community. And we're stuck with it for a lot more than three or four hours.
    ok dude, you might think it's fun doing the same quest chains for every character you ever want to level up and use, for any current content, but it's not for other people.

- - - Updated - - -

are people really so dedicated to being salty they really have to pretend the legendary neck system was good?
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-05-08 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What end game content? Oh and you most definitely have to do the covenant crap on every other character to get any kind of useable gear at first and even then by this time in the expansion it's not really even very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    better than wod, far worse than Legion about on par with BFA. Legion implemented the best form of alternate advancement this game has seen and they've slowly butchered it and no ion hazikostas people didn't just love it beause it was new. Every subsequent iteration wasn't as fleshed out or was purposely neutered so butt hurt raid cucks wouldn't feel forced to participate in other content.
    They have indeed been riding into the sunset of the success of Legion.

Fuck me, Legion was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    What end game content? Oh and you most definitely have to do the covenant crap on every other character to get any kind of useable gear at first and even then by this time in the expansion it's not really even very good.
    yeah, like doing dallies/world quests. which have been a thing in this game since TBC. I mean, you have the option of using the anima you collect to upgrade your gear. it doesn't take that much effort to get to 180ilvl. after that you have to start doing mythics and raids.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2021-05-08 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    They have indeed been riding into the sunset of the success of Legion.

Fuck me, Legion was great.
    Take off those rose colored glasses.