Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You know this Expac is shite when half of the posters in a FB site like MooChamp consider it as bad and horrible lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except you dont... you can literally just craft a new rank 5 one like you were going to need to anyways, god fucking wowhead shits themselves with fuckwitt articles sometimes.
    But you do if you had leggo in same slot as eq piece with socket. Question is do you understand how that system works? Wowhead is correct on this one.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    But you do if you had leggo in same slot as eq piece with socket. Question is do you understand how that system works? Wowhead is correct on this one.
    You can craft a rank 5 right out. the only cost is soul ash, which is in LARGE amounts in 9.1
    you dont need to craft a whole new rank 4 like they say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    You know this Expac is shite when half of the posters in a FB site like MooChamp consider it as bad and horrible lmao
    "Fan boy site" yeah...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You can craft a rank 5 right out. the only cost is soul ash, which is in LARGE amounts in 9.1
    As long as said legendary isn't in a head/chest/shoulder slot. Or two others depending on your armor class. Then you have to completely remake it unless you're willing to gimp yourself by missing out on shards of domination.

Dude, I had shoulders on my hunter as leggo, I would have to craft now a DIFFERENT leggo, completely different, this time as a RING. Because shoulders are domination sockets.

And its not just stygia, for example 235 boneshatter paldurons used to cost 100k+ on my realm when I quit the game, now they are 40-60k according to undermine journal.

Due to the power of Shards of Domination, you'll likely want to have a Domination Socket in all 5 available slots. Since you can't put a Domination socket on a Legendary, this means that you'll want to recraft any Legendary that overlaps with a Domination Socket slot, unless you don't wish to interact with the Shards of Domination system.
    Wowhead is 100% correct
    (and im glad i quit)
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    As long as said legendary isn't in a head/chest/shoulder slot. Or two others depending on your armor class. Then you have to completely remake it unless you're willing to gimp yourself by missing out on shards of domination.
    "Missing out on shards of domination" yeah all that... 1.5% increased damage on single target... or 3% against enemies below 25% hp... totally...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Dude, I had shoulders on my hunter as leggo, I would have to craft now a DIFFERENT leggo, completely different, this time as a RING. Because shoulders are domination sockets.

And its not just stygia, for example 235 boneshatter paldurons used to cost 100k+ on my realm when I quit the game, now they are 40-60k according to undermine journal.

Wowhead is 100% correct
    (and im glad i quit)
    1. so in 9.1 if you DIDNT need to replace your shoulders, you would need to go buy a rank 5 shoulderpad, and then spend soul cinders to upgrade to rank 5.
    but if you did replace and swap to ring, instead you would... buy a rank 5 ring, and craft it using soul cinders...
    huh.
    almost like the ONLY thing that changes is you need some soul ash, which comes from everywhere.

2. cause lets say right now, if you didnt need to replace your shoulders, but instead upgrade them it would cost you
    soul cinders- a rank 5 shoulders
    but lets say you need to swap to the ring instead, so what does it cost you INSTEAD
    soul cinders- rank 5 ring - soul ash
    the ONLY thing is soul ash, which is hilariously easy to get in 9.1. "recrafting your legendary" does not cost you any gold, it is literally just some soul ash.

3. no wowhead is not correct, have you actually fucking looked at the benefit the shards give? its fucking pathetic, the only reason you get them is for the 3 set bonus, after that they are not worth the hassel.
    legit
    "oh hey 35 leech!"
    "Oh hey 3% increased damage to targets who have 50% less current HP then me!"
    "Oh hey, 1.5% damage to single target!"
    "oh hey 3% damage for a few seconds after hitting a new target!!!"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-06-24 at 06:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    15 years playing and defending the game.

Been hard core and casual.

This is the one that made me quit. I Will still log in to complete the main story.. but the game is simply not World of Warcraft anymore, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Banned? What does that have to do with anything? I guess if you can't successfully attack the argument, attack the person?

I have a single target and aoe legendary for each of my specs. I'm not doing months of work and spending hundreds of thousands of gold all over again. I've got better things to do than get all stockholm syndromed up like some people.
    what have i missed? Will we need to regrind legendaries in next patch?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

I think they should just wrap this up with a 9.2 and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    what have i missed? Will we need to regrind legendaries in next patch?
    Yep. Due to their new system in 9.1, most BIS legendaries will need to be recrafted in one of the new gear slots.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/legenda...writers-322953

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Yep. Due to their new system in 9.1, most BIS legendaries will need to be recrafted in one of the new gear slots.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/legenda...writers-322953
    sounds obnoxious as hell.

But if my bis lego is a ringslot im good right? :S
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    sounds obnoxious as hell.

But if my bis lego is a ringslot im good right? :S
    Yea, ring is a good slot to have it on.

I'm half and half. It0s pretty clear to me how they had no clear idea of what direction they wanted to go with SL, Covid also hit and then they just wnt overboard with systems that are more an hindrance than something fun. Even legendaries are now crap because all the work you have put into them in 9.0 is wasted because of Domination gear.

However i love the art, the lore isn't that terrible and i'm finding myself wanting to play it over time (not right now because new patch is near and i did all i wanted to do). So there's some redemption, at least for me. But it may be due to the fact the new guild i'm in is just the right spot, at least for now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

1. so in 9.1 if you DIDNT need to replace your shoulders, you would need to go buy a rank 5 shoulderpad, and then spend soul cinders to upgrade to rank 5.
    but if you did replace and swap to ring, instead you would... buy a rank 5 ring, and craft it using soul cinders...
    huh.
    almost like the ONLY thing that changes is you need some soul ash, which comes from everywhere.
    Ok, and what about the people who spend hundreds of thousands of gold, or hundreds of hours grinding, to level up their legendary to rank 4 that will now be unwanted? Wouldn't they have to re-start their grind from rank 1 if they wanted to craft it? (not to mention potentially being a different profession entirely, for those who are changing from a shoulderpad to a ring, for instance)

3. no wowhead is not correct, have you actually fucking looked at the benefit the shards give? its fucking pathetic, the only reason you get them is for the 3 set bonus, after that they are not worth the hassel.
    legit
    "oh hey 35 leech!"
    If they're pathetic and meaningless, why not just allow slotting shards in legendaries and avoid the problem entirely?
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2021-06-24 at 07:50 AM.

Is it bad? No... just boring and uninspired.

In WoD i at least had a blast in raids. In SL i am actually annoyed just thinking about the raids....

It's fine. I don't get the hate for the new systems, they're not that bad.

What is bad, to me, is how bare a 17 year old game feels with content. There isn't really jack worth doing other then the launch dungeons, the 1 raid, and BG's we've gotten 2 of in the past 10 years. It's crazy.

The game feels like a shallow, lobby, dungeon/raid/pvp simulator.

I love how 9.1 reinforces what a good idea it was to quit SL almost immediately. Smugness here.

Four months without an active sub, feels great. If you get a strong gut feeling the game has gone bad, you should stop immediately, not waste time and money on a vain hope it will get better.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2021-06-24 at 09:09 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

"Missing out on shards of domination" yeah all that... 1.5% increased damage on single target... or 3% against enemies below 25% hp... totally...

- - - Updated - - -

huh.

2. cause lets say right now, if you didnt need to replace your shoulders, but instead upgrade them it would cost you
    soul cinders- a rank 5 shoulders
    but lets say you need to swap to the ring instead, so what does it cost you INSTEAD
    soul cinders- rank 5 ring - soul ash
    the ONLY thing is soul ash, which is hilariously easy to get in 9.1. "recrafting your legendary" does not cost you any gold, it is literally just some soul ash.

legit
    "oh hey 35 leech!"
    I wouldn't need to buy rank 5 shoulders. Period. I would have kept them as they are. Your entire post is wrong because it assumes everyone would be dumping hundreds of thousands gold to immediately buy max rank leggo. Whereas you can simply drop a piece of gear with socket on that slot while doing ex. normal/heroic raid on alts.

Wowhead is correct.

I don't even understand how one can defend this absolute garbage of the system, is this a Stockholm syndrome?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

With this expansion I have felt absolutely no desire to buy it. The setting, the features, the content. It's all just meh.