Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I finally sat down to watch this show, I have never played DOTA before (although I did play DOTA2 in beta that's it), and I got to say its pretty good so far, although got to watch season 2 yet. I heard a lot of people say it was bad. and I will admit it did come sandwiched between two big animated shows like Arcane and Invincible so it looks to have got lost in the shuffle and I think overlooked in a way. the show doesn't break any new grounds but its a good slice of action/adventure fantasy.

I am kind of disappointed I got into it kind of late.

I do some some minor nit picks though, sometimes the show can feel a bit too anime for my liking, like I am fine with that, I like anime when its done with Asian animations and usually from Asian studios, but there's a common trend with western animation that tends to try and be Asian influenced anime and it comes off looking very weird, like the show would have your typical western style animation one second and there next there's a guy flying around fighting a dragon looking like something from Dragon Ball Z. This animation works very rarely, Avatar the Last Airbender is probably one of the few who got it right, by taking that influence and giving it a western feel, also with the very Asian atheistic of the show kind of works too,. Also some of the 2D mixed with 3D animation can be very distracting and look very tacky. But as I said, these are nit picks, the show is still very good fun.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-06-22 at 08:42 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope the fix the pacing issue for season 3. Doubtful, as I think the episode lengths will still be the same, but I honestly feel like the pacing is one of the biggest issues why show is not received better.

That being said I'm excited to see where the plot goes now... and which heroes will be introduced into the story. The foundational themes of the show have mostly been dealt with (Davion separated from Slyrak, Slyrak going to go deal with Terrorblade) but I suppose Selemene back in power will be an issue for Karl the Invoker.

Oh, and that elf girl (forgot her name) being the supposed reincarnation of Mene will be fleshed out.

I really enjoyed this. Although it's a different fantasy from wow, it's done so well.

Incredible ending on season 3.. I wonder if there will be a season 4.
    Is Davion really dead, and is Merana pregnant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I really hope the fix the pacing issue for season 3. Doubtful, as I think the episode lengths will still be the same, but I honestly feel like the pacing is one of the biggest issues why show is not received better.

That being said I'm excited to see where the plot goes now... and which heroes will be introduced into the story. The foundational themes of the show have mostly been dealt with (Davion separated from Slyrak, Slyrak going to go deal with Terrorblade) but I suppose Selemene back in power will be an issue for Karl the Invoker.

Oh, and that elf girl (forgot her name) being the supposed reincarnation of Mene will be fleshed out.
    Watched Book 3, unfortunately the pacing hasnt improved. Still a very good season though. I enjoy just how batshit they went this season.

I feel bad for this show because I feel it got overshadowed around the time of Arcane, but it shouldn't be ignored it is a great show. Not perfect by any means, but its well worth a watch.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-08-14 at 08:32 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Interestingly, I feel like Dota: Dragon's Blood is writing a better Elune/Goddess of the Night than its Warcraft inspiration. The Mene worship is a lot more compelling than the Night Elves and Elune

Well, third season certainly did not disappoint, spectacular!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.