Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Suicide even as a joke is not something that is trivial. The police showed up because you said something dumb that you didn't mean. Blizzard, the police, or anyone else has no way of knowing if you were serious or faking it for attention or to manipulate them into giving you what you want.
    Yeah I havent done it again, but a phonecall asking after my well being would have been a better first step than calling in the legal murder force team.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  2. #182
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,311
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I wasnt threatening suicide, I was making a lame comment at their lame robot answers.

    I didnt even think a human would put eyes on it
    A human always puts eyes on those, usually they just send a copy/paste instead of typing a custom message when they dont need to.

    and you did threaten suicide, you have to realize if you threaten suicide to a company and they don't do squat, and you murder your family then yourself, they could be in a shit load of trouble for not contacting the authorities.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    Alright. Well this seems a rather pointless change then if it hasn't effected subs. Can't you still get a sub then instantly cancel it? I can't really understand why change game time purchases like this then.
    yes you can, this just removes the cheesing that people were doing with wow tokens.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Hoping you forget to unsub

    You can't pay a sub with Bnet balance.
    The big difference maker is tokens.

    Many people, myself included, would buy Tokens with gold, turn those into Bnet Balance and then use that Bnet Balance to buy game time at the bulk discount, this gets you more gametime for your gold then simply using 1 token for 1 month of gametime.

    This is basically a nerf to people who use tokens to pay for their sub.
    I've been playing since 2007 and legit didn't know you could buy gametime other than subscriptions with cash, lmao. I knew about gold/tokens but not the gametime. Ah well.

  4. #184
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,311
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah I havent done it again, but a phonecall asking after my well being would have been a better first step than calling in the legal murder force team.
    you can lie on the phone, the police have to phsyically come and see if you are legit

    you take the idea of scuicide very lightly.

  5. #185
    Guess they are really hurting for money?

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah I havent done it again, but a phonecall asking for my well being would have been a better first step than calling in the legal murder force team.
    It isn't a legal murder force team. Your toxic nature is showing again. Blizzard has no way of knowing if you are serious or not where a phone call to check on you wouldn't stop a person making a serious threat. It is perfectly acceptable for the police to come do a welfare check. That is why you don't joke around about stuff because the internet isn't some make believe world. Statements still have real world impacts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    A human always puts eyes on those, usually they just send a copy/paste instead of typing a custom message when they dont need to.

    and you did threaten suicide, you have to realize if you threaten suicide to a company and they don't do squat, and you murder your family then yourself, they could be in a shit load of trouble for not contacting the authorities.

    - - - Updated - - -



    yes you can, this just removes the cheesing that people were doing with wow tokens.
    Yeah I understand better now that the world only cares about protecting itself from litigation than actually performing a good service.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  8. #188
    Blizz hoping you will subscribe for just 1 month and then you forget to cancel subscription.

    No other reason to remove the 30 day game time purchase... its only purpose was so you dont have to hassle with canceling subscription.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It isn't a legal murder force team. Your toxic nature is showing again. Blizzard has no way of knowing if you are serious or not where a phone call to check on you wouldn't stop a person making a serious threat. It is perfectly acceptable for the police to come do a welfare check. That is why you don't joke around about stuff because the internet isn't some make believe world. Statements still have real world impacts.

    So swatting isnt a very real threat?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Blizz hoping you will subscribe for just 1 month and then you forget to cancel subscription.

    No other reason to remove the 30 day game time purchase... its only purpose was so you dont have to hassle with canceling subscription.
    Probably will earn them more money as well.

    Bobby is good at draining the life out of company and squeezing every last dollar. Probably why hes on his way to being a billionaire if not already.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  10. #190
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,311
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah I understand better now that the world only cares about protecting itself from litigation than actually performing a good service.
    "actually performing a good service"

    Making sure people go check in on someone who is suicidal is the best service.

    when a person is making suicide threats, its not a "bad service" to send people there to make sure they are ok.

    Yes they are protecting their asses by sending cops to make sure you are ok

    but they are also MAKING SURE YOU ARE OK.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So swatting isnt a very real threat?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Probably will earn them more money as well.

    Bobby is good at draining the life out of company and squeezing every last dollar. Probably why hes on his way to being a billionaire if not already.
    highly fucking doubt you got swatted, you said armed police, did they knock at your door or barge in yelling with rifles pointed at you?
    cause those are 2 very different things.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So swatting isnt a very real threat?
    At no point did I say that. Blizzard didn't do that to you based on your own posts. Just because you say you were joking doesn't mean the next person won't be. That is why you don't joke about things like that in order to manipulate others. But this really has nothing to do with the topic and just seems an exercise to justify hatred for Blizzard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes you can, this just removes the cheesing that people were doing with wow tokens.
    cheesing?

    whatcha mean?

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At no point did I say that. Blizzard didn't do that to you based on your own posts. Just because you say you were joking doesn't mean the next person won't be. That is why you don't joke about things like that in order to manipulate others. But this really has nothing to do with the topic and just seems an exercise to justify hatred for Blizzard.

    I wasnt trying to manipulate them. I was trying to express how pointless and frustrating the whole experience was.

    Thats why I dont give them any of my money and pay for WoW with tokens. Because i'm just not giving that company any of my money. The whales can do it as I carry their lazy ass through heroic Sire
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  14. #194
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,311
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    cheesing?

    whatcha mean?
    so if you were buyying wow tokens, then converting them into gametime you were fucking yourself over. which is what mostp layers did

    what you are ACTUALLY supposed to do, is

    1- buy 6 wow tokens
    2- convert them to bnet balance
    3- buy a 6 month sub
    4- you now have got 6 months plus some leftover Bnet balance instead of just 6 months.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so if you were buyying wow tokens, then converting them into gametime you were fucking yourself over. which is what mostp layers did

    what you are ACTUALLY supposed to do, is

    1- buy 6 wow tokens
    2- convert them to bnet balance
    3- buy a 6 month sub
    4- you now have got 6 months plus some leftover Bnet balance instead of just 6 months.
    what if they just play one month every few? surely buying 1 month and taking a 6mo break is cheaper than buying 6 and doing the same.

    and if someone is gonna play for 6mo straight why wouldnt they buy the 6mo?

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "actually performing a good service"

    Making sure people go check in on someone who is suicidal is the best service.

    when a person is making suicide threats, its not a "bad service" to send people there to make sure they are ok.

    Yes they are protecting their asses by sending cops to make sure you are ok

    but they are also MAKING SURE YOU ARE OK.

    - - - Updated - - -



    highly fucking doubt you got swatted, you said armed police, did they knock at your door or barge in yelling with rifles pointed at you?
    cause those are 2 very different things.
    Well I dont live in America, so our cops are actually trained. We dont have swat as such but armed police units. One officer ran around the back of the house with a hand gun. And the other two were in vests walking up to the front of the house and quickly realized it was all overkill
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  17. #197
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,311
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    what if they just play one month every few? surely buying 1 month and taking a 6mo break is cheaper than buying 6 and doing the same.

    and if someone is gonna play for 6mo straight why wouldnt they buy the 6mo?
    true, but thats whats gone, you cant buy 6 months with bnet balance anymore and get a reduction in price, you have to buy 2 months 3 times, full price.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well I dont live in America, so our cops are actually trained. We dont have swat as such but armed police units. One officer ran around the back of the house with a hand gun. And the other two were in vests walking up to the front of the house and quickly realized it was all overkill
    that is not swatting.
    and again it is 100% your fault for making a scuicide joke
    the company and police acted 100% accordingly to a possible scuicide.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    true, but thats whats gone, you cant buy 6 months with bnet balance anymore and get a reduction in price, you have to buy 2 months 3 times, full price.

    - - - Updated - - -



    that is not swatting.
    and again it is 100% your fault for making a scuicide joke
    the company and police acted 100% accordingly to a possible scuicide.
    I didnt say I was swatted. Rhorle was acting like armed police turning up to your door isnt a very real threat. I mean theres daily reports coming out of the great USA of over use of force by the men in blue. And USA isnt alone. You give people power, 9 times out of 10 they are gonna abuse it.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  19. #199
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    23,311
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I didnt say I was swatted. Rhorle was acting like armed police turning up to your door isnt a very real threat. I mean theres daily reports coming out of the great USA of over use of force by the men in blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So swatting isnt a very real threat?
    .
    Nah mate...

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    true, but thats whats gone, you cant buy 6 months with bnet balance anymore and get a reduction in price, you have to buy 2 months 3 times, full price.
    thats kinda shitty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •