Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Seriously.

Can we get a giant, bold, FUCKING RAINBOW COLORED thing saying

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO GAME CARDS BOUGHT THROUGH THE BLIZZARD STORE. IT DOES NOT AFFECT SUBSCRIPTIONS AT ALL

Thank you.
    I just quote this to give one more chance for people that can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevano View Post
    Since the start of WoW I always bought 30 days. I won't pay so far in advance for something I only play for roughly a month duo to heavy time restrictions and enjoyment. It's a small change, yet a change that made me decide to never buy game-time again if they do not reverse it. Also I don't see why they would put people in such a position in the first place. The small discounts you get from 'bulk' purchases aren't affecting the company. Bad move, Activision.

Side-note: It's ridiculous to pay so much monthly fee for a game you have to buy first, has an in-game store and has very limited content patches.
    So pay for a 30 day subscription then immediately cancel it. Works the exact same way as game time. Problem solved.

Or are you another one of the people who thinks they are talking about the subscriptions because you somehow missed the line where they specifically said it does not affect subscriptions?
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I bet they did this for those who buy one month to try it out. Now they'll be stuck for two months.

In advertising, the goal of the first sentence is to get you to read the second sentence. The goal of the second is similar. By the time you've read the fourth it is most likely that you will read the whole thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Those who used gold for long term game time would buy it in 3/6 month windows because you got the same discount subs get.
    Aka more gametime for your gold.
    i know, i agree that is dumb, but it was also dumb that it existed, cause it punished players who used wow token for time.

player buys 6 wow tokens, adds it to their time, and guess what? they just fucked themselves, if they had instead converted it to bnet balance then bought 6 months they would get it for cheaper, while cool its a dumb system with how it works, because converting tokens into time directly is activly punishing the players.
    a new system where every X months of time you buy you get a free month, andright out removing the "buy in bulk" bonus, would have been nice, but this is "a way" of fixing that fuck up
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Because you can still subscribe/unsubscribe 1 month at a time, at will, I wonder if this is the real point. To reduce the number of people that can indefinitely sustain subs via gold.
    This would make no sense: those who buy game time with gold bring Blizzard more profit than those who do it with real money. I think they just want to squeeze more out of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    Something tells me that they quietly will remove/offer way less game cards to be bought in stores and with that killing the discounts the online stores do

And with that, receiving way more because that country's that alow cheaper game cards will not be available anymore and everyone (even from that country's) having to pay more

Maybe doesn't happen but with Covid19 excuse its the perfect opportunity to do it
    I dunno, all the WoW time cards I've ever seen were 2mo/$30 anyway. I think they might be doing this to close the loophole where they're forced to charge sales tax twice on gift card redemptions. That's probably the number one complaint they receive for the online store.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-subscription

The option for credit cards is still there.

If you were only using Blizzard Balance and buying six months at a time you won't get the nice 13% discount any more.

Shit, pointless change, just to force people into subscription(so they forget they are being charged).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Shit, pointless change, just to force people into subscription(so they forget they are being charged).
    if you dont look at your bank charges and notice random charges you didnt buy, that is your fault

Also you can sub, then unsub right away if you wanna make sure you dont forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take away the 30 day option so returning players will become more invested and continue subscribing whilst simultaneously removing the option for a discounted subscription for those who sign up for 6 months. They only just recently increased the price as well. I guess they need to make Bob's $200 million back somewhere...
    or they could make the game buy to play so when you buy an expansion you get as much game time as you want until the next expansion, the most consumer friendly way to do it and then just add a ton more cosmetic shit to the store. I haven't played in almost 3 months now and I don't miss retail one bit, I can't justify $40 CAD a month just so my wife and I can play there's way better subscriptions out there that give me hundreds of games and TV for that price. I'm just going to continually play the game sparingly now and again and that's it.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if you dont look at your bank charges and notice random charges you didnt buy, that is your fault

Also you can sub, then unsub right away if you wanna make sure you dont forget.
    Everyone, the blizz whiteknight has arrived and ready to defend his masters!

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Great so now I gotta farm 260k this month so I can get 2 months then farm that again. Because no way am I paying for wow with my money. I'll let the whales continue to pay for me
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    So pay for a 30 day subscription then immediately cancel it. Works the exact same way as game time. Problem solved.
    This is probably what I am going to do. I keep some extra accounts around for an easy way to start up a personal bank guild. I usually activate them temporarily for this purpose, as trials cannot sign a guild charter.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have him on ignore for that reason. He's the most obnoxious type of white knight
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Most sub based games don't even provide single purchase options outside of physical cards, and now I see partly why, it's so confusing to people O.o
    I've been playing this game for 16 years and had no l clue there were non-recurring purchases for 30/60/90 always thought it was just recurring.
    People are freaking for no reason, but than again Blizzard could've explained it better too.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

This sucks for people like me who would buy 6 month blocks using Bnet at a discount. I forget how much savings it was on a 6 month vs six tokens but it was well worth it. Ah well at least I got enough of them my sub does not run out til 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    I dunno, all the WoW time cards I've ever seen were 2mo/$30 anyway. I think they might be doing this to close the loophole where they're forced to charge sales tax twice on gift card redemptions. That's probably the number one complaint they receive for the online store.
    in EU you could easily get 60 days for 20.5€-22€, so a minimal of 4€ to 5.5€ save (or $4.71 to $6.47 in US price)

This fucks you over if you have battle.net balance as you have to buy 60 days now, can't spend balance on sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    So someone explaining basic common sense and rule #1 of adulting is consider white knighting?.
    Your name checks out atleast, it making me laugh.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    He isnt white-knighting, he is telling u to use common sense, stop being so mad when people try to use common sense and facts as an argument.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s